Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #10

Woah... so much going on!

Cass, hope you are better hun, I hate being sick.

Michelle.. so great to hear from you! Erin sounds like she is so adorable.

Jo, I love the sound of your reno's... I want a big deck out the back, but I also want to do a big garden out the front under the palms. Doesn't get a lot of sunlight, so awesome to do bromiliads and the likes. I can't wait to do it!

Oskar has the bottom 2 teeth. Says dada, muuuuuum (like that) if he's upset and wants me and bub bub. He gives me big cuddles and pats my back. I put my forehead on his, my hands on his cheeks and rub noses.. he tries to do it back to me by grabbing my ears and rubbing his whole head across mine!! Hurts a bit, but very cute...lol. I am sooo excited about Christmas and can't wait ... at least it's only 4 more sleeps hehe. He sits very very well and spins around on his bum... no rolling, crawling or anything like that. He "walks" when held under his arms and LOVES to do that. We think he may bypass crawling, or only crawl for a very short time. When he's sitting and wants something his little legs go like he's walking but obviously not getting anywhere. Best be off, little man is tired and Joshua is raiding the pantry for the 3rd time today...lol!!! BOYS!!

Hello All!

Sounds like everyone is doing very well!

Emy is learning soooo much! She has been cruising the furniture for a while, and has been pretty good at it, and has learnt how to sit back down again once she is up. Except the other day, when I ws at work, and Emy was at mum's house, and she was standing up holding onto the ottoman, and then fell down and got the hugest bruise around her eye and down her cheek - it looked sooooo bad! Poor thing...

She is an inquisitive little thing, and her nicknames from us are Fidget, and Destructor - she just gets in to absolutely everything, and really keeps us on our toes!

Anyway, hope you all have a merry first Christmas with your babies, and a happy new year!

Hugs and kisses to all!

xxooxx

Hello everyone, it's so nice to see so many post in here these days - unfortunately I don't much time to read at the moment but will try and pop in and post properly later on tonight. DS birthday on Sunday - the big 5 - woohoo for him, he is so excited. Ari is doing great. We went and did the Santa photo thing today and was not a happy camper, she is still very cautious of who she goes to so I had to squeeze in with Santa ( that's going to be a great photo - NOT! Not even sure if I brushed my hair this morning :-)

So good to hear from everyone and love those gorgeous new photos - BBL

Hi girls...just a quick hello as I am actually in Adelaide at my MILs place. Have a few minutes alone with the computer. Sorry I haven't been on but it is the silly season for good reason! We got over here (to adeladie) on Saturday (15th) and will be heading back home on the 27th. Grace travelled beautifully again which made the trip ok.

Grace is off and running with her crawling and is now starting to pull herself up onto things...she usually just gets to her knees and seems satisfied with that for now. She has got the wave down pat now..and waves at everyone. She often waves when we arrive and leave but surely she wouldn't really understand the meaning of it yet? I absolutely love this age...she is showing so much personality, she is a real little person, interactive and fun...we have spent a lot of the time down the beach so far. she loves crawling on the sand and we are slowly getting used to the water and waves...slowly but surely!

I am good, planning on enjoying the last month off before i got back to work part time. Looking forward to christmas. We had an early christmas dinner and present exchange with my family before we left...we were spoilled rotten! Grace was absolutely spoilt like you wouldn't believe. she is very lucky. That was nice.

Anyway, better go. Hope everyone has a fantastic first christmas with their little ones. Hopefully once the silly season is over and things settle down i will get a change to get on here and read properly and find out what is happening.

xxxxx

HI Everyone,
    Hope you dont mind me crashing your thread! My name is Mel and I have a little boy Cooper born on the 29th march, I would love to chat to some other mums with babies of the same age.

Mel, welcome! Where in Brissy are you?

Just wanted to pop in and wish all of our March bubba's a very merry 1st Christmas!! Hope Santa is good to you all Oskar sends big sloppy kisses to everyone!! MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELY MUMMIES!!

am near carindale. Merry Christmas and best wishes to you all.

Hi ladies.

Hi Mel! Welcome to our thread.

We did Xmas with my family yesterday and Claire got some pretty cool pressies. She got some fun toys (including some that I think I might take the batteries out of at some point!! iykwim!!) , some cute clothes and a Hi 5 DVD which she watched today with DH. She just sat there staring at the TV with her eyes and mouth wide open. Sometimes I dance around to the music on the TV which she thinks is absolutely hilarious. We lost her sunhat a few days ago and luckily my brother gave her a new one for Christmas, so that was handy. And I bought her something on eBay for Xmas which arrived today - just in time! She was very keen on the wrapping paper too - aparently it is quite tasty. She had a good time playing with her cousins too (boys 6 and 4 y.o) and they were very good with her, especially the 4 y.o.

Tomorrow, we are off to see DH's family who live about 2 hours away. Hopefully she will sleep in the car. They're a loud bunch of people and I hope they dont overwhelm her. I think she will get spoilt again. A few of them have already told me wht she is getting. I already know she is getting two dolls and a set of duplo blocks. I dont know if we'll have room for all her new toys, lol!

Claire has just strated waving now. Its very cute. She also waves to herself in the mirror. But she is really painful in the bath now and she constantly wiggles and just wont sit still. She tried to stand up in the bath, but slipped over and got an egg on her head.

Rachel, I have to agree with you there. Claire is such a person now, and she is definately showng personality. Hope you enjoy the time in Adeliade. Did you drive to Adelaide or fly?

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas (or a lovely whatever else you celebrate at this time of year, if some of dont celebrate Christmas).

Hello all March mummies and bubbas and MERRY CHRITMAS! Things are just chaotic here at the moment with family and getting ready for work next year but hopefully will be on more soon.

Ari loved Christmas but is much more fasinated with her brothers toys then her own :-)

Hey All! Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We have finally managed to get the time to figure out how to put photos on the internet for others to see, and I have put the link in my signature.

Best go now - Emy is in the play pen, and quiet! sounds suss to me!

Just wanting to say I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Cooper got so much I have no room for it all, we also got a Wii for all the kids to share and cooper will sit there for ages just laughing at the kids jumping around in front of the tv, they even created a little cooper Mii person for him when he can play. We have Codys birthday tomorrow and he will be 8 the time really does go fast and makes you realise treasure all these moments while they are little, they just grow to fast. Anyway must go have cakes to cook before tomorrow.

Just a quick one, Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you had a great time with your babies for their first Christmas - S loved his toys, Tickle Me Elmo is a big hit (he keeps waving at him ) but the batteries seem to be running down ... gee, how unfortunate

Hi Mel, welcome to the site, sounds like Cooper's siblings are already looking out for him!

Can't remember if I posted since we moved, we are still living out of boxes, and the day we moved in, Sebastian started crawling YAY... I think! He has been a bit unsettled since we moved, but that's mostly because of the heat and all the confusion, I think. Poor thing, his room is still full of boxes LOL but I don't think he really cares that much since when he's awake he's always in the loungeroom playing.

Well, so much for being quick, I'd better go - so much to do and I want to get to bed early!

Happy New year, everyone!

Hi and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!
    Dont really have time atm just wanted to say hi and MC.

Hi and welcome Mel - i love the name Cooper!

OMG Cass, Oskar and Emily are so alike! She also has her two bottom teeth, no rolling (she can but wont!) no crawling but loves to stand up and walk with help (and standing in her cot is a major pain in the butt when its sleep time!) I thnk she'll be skipping crawling too, she can lay and move around - well anyway but forwards, but its not a comando crawl, more of a lazy slug move!! LOL. She say's MUMMM IE when she really wants me, dad dad, and nan nan.

Hope all the littlies and biggies had a wonderful xmas, and chat to you all in the new year!!

cooper has his 2 bottom teeth as well! he isnt crawling yet but rolls himself all over the house until he gets to where he wants to be. We are all getting over some kind of bug in our house have had it for 2 days and I feel shocking, though not as bad as yesterday. What are you all doing to celebrate new years, I am hoping that my best friend who was due to have a baby on Christmas day goes into labour I am going in with her. Anyway hope you all have a great new year

Mel, Were planning on making a short appearance at a friends house tonight. Dont want to stay out too late because they close the roads around the foreshore and shut down a bridge near us so people can stand on the top of it to watch the sydney harbour bridge fireworks, and that could make it a PITA to get back home if we leave it too late! Hope your friend gets too meet her bubba very soon!

Bec, lol about the batteries in toys. I've taken to not replacing them when they stop working. Some of the noises that come out of Claire toys are enough to drive someone crazy. Hope your unpacking goes well. Dont be like my mum and leave boxes packed for 14 years!

Ali, i love the pics of Emy. haha hoe cute the pics of her in the pool. We have one of those table things with all the buttons and things to touch as well. Claire LOVES it! She stnds at it and makes noises with it, then turns around and looks at us as if to say 'look at me, how good am i!!"

Claire is saying "bub" and "bababa" now. I havent heard muma or dada yet, but I think I heard booby, lol. But she loves saying babababababa. And I ws so happy the other day. I made up a batch of new food for her (vegies and chicken) and she really enjoyed it. Finally she is liking food now.

I've got a day booked for me, Claire and DH to go have a look at a family day care place on wednesday. I'm relly nervous actually, but I think she'll enjoy it if we do decide to go ahead and book her in. She loves people and I think she gets really bored of me all day every day.

hope you all hve a lovely evening.

Happy New Year March mums and Bubs! Just got home from Riverway where they had a mini sideshow ally and kids fireworks. Ari and Xander loved it although Ariya was very jealous that she couldn't go on any rides. Ari conked out in the car and Xander conked out while I was going to get his pj's

Melham - Nice to meet you and Cooper! look forward to getting to know you all

Karina - Hope you get home easily - that sounds like PITA! good to hear Claire is enjoying her food now!

Shell - Hi how are you! Read your other post about your dog, how are you going?

Bec - Great to hear from you. Oh I hate moving! Hope you can unpack without too much pain :-) What a time for sebastian to start crawling :-)

Rachel - hope your enjoying Adelaide! and def agree this is a fantastic age! I wish I could freeze Ari and she would stay this way forever.

Ali - hehe at your nick names for Emily. we call Ari cyclone Ariya as she wizzs around destroying everything.

Cass - hope you are well and Oskar and family are enjoying the holiday season.

Better go DH will be home from work soon hopefully

Ugh, this heat! It's disgusting! It's also not that good for the budget - I've got takeaway twice in the last three days because we just can't be bothered cooking and it's too hot to contemplate what to have (although I don't seem to have any trouble making up my mind when it comes to buying food someone else is making LOL) We do have aircon but we're trying to cut down how much we use it as I'm scared of the power bill... and actually it's not a hot house, compared to our last one. S slept in the portacot last night with the a/c on for a while, it was just too hot for him in his room. Actually, "slept" is quite a strong word since he was up at 12:15, 1am (for about 1/2 hour, screaming, subdued at last with nurofen), 3, 5 and then up for good at 6. I slept from 1:30-3 on the loungeroom floor, because he kept stirring, and then at least I could just call gently to him and he would settle down again. Needless to say, we were both pretty tired today!

Then I went to visit one of my old neighbours and on the way back on the freeway the car started to overheat Tried to call the RAC, very little credit left on my phone (yikes!) so rang M and he rang them for me. They rang me back straight away to let me know someone was on the way right away, because S was in the car with me and it was getting hot (about 11:30 by then, we were looking at 40 degrees today). S was great - I had loads of water for him, so just kept offering it to him, sat him on my knee with the door open so we'd get the breeze and then when the RAC turned up (within about 10 minutes! Yay!) he had some fruit I'd brought with me. Thank goodness I was prepared! I don't usually take much with me on short trips, but I've learnt my lesson - you can get caught out so easily.

Anyway, was just a fanbelt, so we were on our way within about 1/2 hour! When we were almost home, Sebastian started to get a bit cranky but he had been up for ages by then and I was just so happy he hadn't lost it when we were sitting in the emergency lane on the freeway! And then this afternoon I bought more credit for my phone heh heh

OK, well that's my saga! And after all that I'm so damned hot I can't stay here any longer, must go and have a shower! Will do personals soon, I promise

Psst, just wanted to say... I'M PREGNANT!

Did a HPT today, going to dr on Monday to confirm. SQUEEEE!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast