Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #10

Hi everyone!

I'm supposed to be doing the washing up but just ducking on here quick to chat hee hee - S took ages to get to sleep tonight, so I feel I need a bit of quiet time now. Normally I'd be in bed by now, yes even on a Friday! But he didn't go to sleep until after 8 and if I went to bed at normal time (around 9:30) I feel like I didn't get any time to myself, kwim? Anyway, he's asleep now, and if I don't get the washing up done it's not the end of the world! We are really thinking about getting a dishwasher though... not very environmentally friendly, I know, but I just feel like I spend half my life doing the dishes and at this stage of life I think I need to spend the time with S. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking with it!

M got a Tickle Me Elmo which was half price the other week, more for himself than for the baby, I think! We also got him a play mobile phone as he loves phones so much. The Elmo is under the bed to be wrapped up for Christmas, but we gave him the phone to play with already. We just want to get one more thing for him, some Duplo, which we'll probably buy this weekend. That's it for Christmas presents from us this year. Mum and Dad got him SO many, and I know he'll be getting blocks from my sister. So even though he won't know what's going on, he'll be spoilt! :-)

We haven't even thought about the tree yet! But we're not going to bother with it until we move - which is next weekend, eek! We may be without internet for a few days, but I'm sure I'll be back on before Christmas! I'm kind of bummed because we're going from cable connection to broadband and have to pay the same price. The speed is nowhere near the same!! Anyway, can't be helped.

Well, that's about all the news here. hope you're all doing well, hopefully the sleep problems will sort themselves out for everyone soon!

Jen *touch wood* we haven't had Oskar do this... I'm hoping he won't! He's been quite out of sorts today and I think he might be getting tooth number two.

Ali, Oskar is getting the Learning House thing from Santa and we got him a few little things.. a grannimal (one for him and one for my godson who is 3 wks younger)... ummm a pool floating thing with a canopy on it and some blocks.

Our tree is up (1st Dec...hehe). We put it at the bottom of the stairs so it's not a temptation for Oskar but we still get to enjoy it and we come down sometimes and turn the lights on and sit and watch it for a while.

Oskar has had a throat infection, poor love. He had a temp on Monday so I called my doc around 5pm and he said just bring him in Tues morn whenever he woke up and he'd fit him in. He said his throat was quite red. By Wed morn he was a lot better and no more temp which is great. He's on antibiotics. Now I think he's getting his 2nd tooth... boy has he been a grizzlebum today!! Speaking of... right on cue..lol. Anyway, must be off and get him to bed.

HI Cass - so good to hear from you! Hope Oskar is feeling better soon

Ali - haha :-) with a baby that refuses to sleep during the day and a 4 1/2 yr old night time is the ONLY time I have to get anything done :-)

Sasha - hi good to hear from you too, hope the moving stuff is going well, I'm so jealous!

Ari is such a joy and a marvel, I just love watching her grow and develop! After having my DS who has developmental delays it is just magic watching her learn how to do all this stuff herself. Today she was trying to copy DS build with lego - she was trying soooo hard to get those pieces together like he was doing! just gorgeous

Sara - where do you get your energy??? Thats very cue and VERY clever that Ari's trying to copy Xander! Does he like to play with her?

Ozziehoffy - Oskar's pic looks so cute in your ticker!!

Forgot to say - our christmas tree is up and looks fab if i do say so myself (i did it!) Proberly lucky for me Em isnt crawling yet.
    For christmas Em's getting a princess mirror, table and chairs (both for her room) some books (she loves books) and i already gave her a shape thing - my mum goes way over the top for the kids at xmas time so a few opened now wont overwelm (sp) her on the day!

HAPPY 9 MONTH BIRTHDAY ARI!! She is so gorgeous. How adorable trying to copy Xander.... hehe... they're so funny now huh. Oskar leans forward and looks for me if I hide around the corner from him.

Shell, thanks I took it the morning we went for Santa photo in case it didn't turn out or he didn't like Santa.. but it was a good photo so now I have both...

Looks like tooth number two is definitely on the way, I can just see the white of it next to his first one. He's been a lot better today, so musn't be bugging him which is good cos yesterday he was a very big handful to deal with.

Cass, wow two teeth! Claires got her two teeeth but no sign of any more coming soon.

Sarah yay that swimming on the reef went so well!

Bec, woohoo on the new toys for S! I think my mum is going to spoil Claire absolutely rotten for Christmas. She just cant help herself (first grandchild!)

ok well I have decided I am going to go to the paed I was refered to. Better to be safe than sorry. I honestly dont think its a big deal, but I dont have a background in Health so I'll go just so I can hear them say its ok. iykwim?

I am really struggling to get Claire to eat at the moment. There is only one thing she will eat - apple custard - but she cant just eat that all day. I've tried heaps of other foods but she just wont take it and even if I mix a small amount of something else into the apple custard she wont take it. I dont know whats going on with her. Even things she used to gobble down, she wont touch it now??!!

We went to see DH's fmaily yesterday for Claires cousin Sarahs 2nd Bday. Claire had fun on the trampoline and playing with Sarahs toys, though she didnt so much play with them, she more slobbered all over them. She got lots and lots of cuddles and she was soo tired by the time we left! I can never get her to sleep at someone elses house, especially if there are lots of people there. She just wants to be part of the party. She actually slept in the car on the way home though but only about 45 mins. It turned into a much longer car trip though because we saw a pedestrian accident and we stopped and DH helped for almost an hour. Who jaywalks across a 6 lane highway in Sydney??!! The pedestrian was ok - the police told DH just a massive graze on her head, lots of bruising and a concussion but it was amazing the number of people who stopped and helped, and it was amazing how fast the ambulance arrived (only about 5 minutes)- Rachel, you ambulance paramedics are so quick!

My mothers group are having a Christmas party on Thursday. It should be nice! Hope it will be a good day so we can get the paddle pool out and the babies can play in it.

Thanks heaps Karina, Shell, Saram & Ozziehoffy for your replies. It makes me feel a bit better than my Sam isnt the only one out there going thru this!
    Just an update though, since the few last rough nights he has been heaps better, sleeping thru like he used to....
    Also, Sam crawled last night!! I was so excited, I think he was too, he has been trying for SOOOO long, although he gets up on all fours and then pushes off with his feet and shuffles forward. Anyway its good enough for me, so I'm telling everyone he's crawling LOL, and of course Joe isnt here to see it! I knew he'd crawl once Joe went away!!

Just a quick post - woohoo ari took 1 step today. She was standing up by herself then decided she wanted to go to daddy and just stepped.... then fell over we all did big cheers! she also started blowing kisses - so cute. have to run, trying to get the house tidy and the toy room finshed ASAP

Hey everyone - Sorry for my MIA -
    Just a quick update - Have to get back to bed or go Throw up which ever comes first. . .

start with me - I've been quite sick Ended up in ED wednesday night in extreme pain (the pain was worst then my labour pains!) And severe vomiting. They managed to stop the vomiting and reduce the pain, they did blood test (not pregnant - everyone else thought this so thought i would mention it first) there was no sign of infection so they think it might of been just a bad bout of Food poisening. . . I asked the doctor to be sent home after 6 hours, he wasn't going to do anymore anyways and i wanted to go home before Izzy woke up. So doc let me go as long as i rested and went and saw my doctor. Went back to my doctor 2 days later still in pain but not much vomiting, he put it down to Gastro. But said if the pain got any worst or was still there in a couple of days to come back because it could be Gall stones, and he would have to run more test. . . Well i am still in quite a bit of pain in my stomach, still can't eat a main meal only light things that won't upset the stomach and to top it off which is properly way TMI i haven't had a bowel motion in 6 days, So have to go back to the doctor on monday. . . Not fun. . .
    On a better note - I finished all my Christmas Shopping and done the wrapping and sent out all my chrissy cards. . . Very prepared this year. . .

I have Santa Photo's in Photobucket. feel free to look. . .

On to Izzy shes now 9months! is doing the Comando Crawl and sometimes the real crawl! Very Cute. We've had to put the beanbag in front of the christmas tree because she kept on crawling over there trying to get the christmas balls off. . . She learning so many new words and different things everyday its hard to keep up. . .

sorry to end the post so short gotta go.

Sarah , wow on Ari taking steps! Clever girl!

Cass, gosh I hope you feel better really soon. Hope it isnt gall stones. HAs your DP had time off work to help you out?

OMG Claire has been acting so strange today. Its 11:50 pm and I only just got her to go to sleep about 10 minutes ago. Not sure what happened - she had food arounf 5:30, a bath with me at around 6, then some play and booby. She slept for about half an hour then woke up and just wanted to play. I couldnt even take her into her room or she would scream like I was killing her or something and she wouldnt have booby. The only thing I could do was let her play in the lounge room until she wore herself out. I hate letting her scream and when I put her in the cot she sounded so distressed. As soon as she strarted rubbing her eyes I took her into her room and boobied her and she fell asleep straight away. She ate HEAPS today; well heaps for her as she usually only has a couple of mouthfulls of food, so maybe something she ate today sent her a bit loopy?

Anyways. We got a spot in Family Day Care starting in January. The lady is only a few streets away from us. I am going to ring the thing on monday because I want to go meet the lady before I make a decision. I am thinking of going back to work 2 or 3 days a week. I neeed some cash! Realistically, I will probably only go back for 6 months at most. I am feeling a bit nervous about it though and I dont know if I *really* want to, iykwim? I dont know. Its such a hard decision to make. Claire is chnging and learning so much now and I wnt to be there for her, but at the same time I want to go back to work so I can earn money so that I can afford to take her out to things more often?

Hi all,

Cass - hope your feeling better, that sounds horrible!

Karina - woohoo on the daycare! Def go and meet the lady before making a decision cause you need to feel comfortabel with them and be on the same level. I know what you mean about being nerevous going back to work, I was really apprehensive until i got into my classroom last week and it all started coming back to me. I am still worried about how she will go with seperation anxiety but I am going in after new year and will stay with her for the first week to get her used to it. Also we have asked our daycare NOT to tell us if she says or does anything new that way it will feel like her 'first step' 'first real words' etc happened just to us anyway

I am now offical the proud mum to a 2 nap a day sleeps most of the night little girl and it is just blissful! Hope everyone else is doing really well? Cass, Rachel, Shell, Nell, Jen, Jo, Caro, Bec... who have I missed
    Last edited by ~Saram~; December 16th, 2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: had to add the people I missed :-)

Oh Caro - sorry to hear your leaving! But I think I understand why, I was only just thinking the other day how hard it is going to be esp when all the other march ladies start ttc again :-( I'm going to be so jelous :-) Anyway I hope you do have that great year next year and keep in touch!

While we are on the topic I guess we are all going to start going our own ways soon as we go back to work so here is our emial address [email protected] I think some of you still have our rawnet addy that went bottom up 1 week before Ariya was due. I would love to keep in touch via email as I do find it hard to get on here often. Also you can always find me at our nappy bucket address

Hey - Karina - yes Dp took Thursday off work, then i rang him on friday to say i was in pain and he run all the way home (it took him an hour) I didn't expect him to come home, i actually told him to stay at work but he wouldn't listen - and im thankful he did come home becuase i was so exhausted and felt horrible. he's been wonderful. I'm feeling better thanks. . .

Caro - So sad to hear that you are leaving - I've enjoyed many many of your post and always admired you for the way you posted, from the heart, blunt, and always truthful to your self (hope that made sense)- You will be missed. I wish you and your family all the happiness and health the world can provide. . . *Muah*

Oh i miss Breastfeeding sooo much - I was like you Caro doing everymorning untill last week - now she just don't want it. the other day when she was really upset i put her on and it settled her . but other then that. she dont want it So sad!

[COLOR="Indigo"]Hi Girls,
    Caro, good luck with everything its been fun reading your posts and seeing how your little one is growing!

Just an update on Sam, he stood up on his own on Saturday! He pulled himself up on the lounge...he thought he was so clever! The only thing is, he doesnt want you to hold onto him, he wants to do it himself, but he hasn't quite got the balance yet to stand alone lol
    We have had lots of falls but he's pretty good, esp if you don't make a big deal out of it, he doesnt get that upset.
    He also says 4 words....mum, bub, dada & ra. We think ra means grandma, cause we are living with Joe's parents at the moment while Joe is away working (we are saving for our own house!Yay!)

Well thats about it on the home front, can't wait to see how Sam goes and whether he will eat the wrapping paper or whether he will want the toys!

Incase I'm not on here before christmas, Merry Christmas everybody and I hope you all have a great day with your bub's 1st Christmas.
    Take care
    Jen xxx

mum5boys Guest

Hi everyone hope you are all well.

Erin is doing really well, she is such a good baby and she loves her food.
    She has 6 teeth,two on the bottom and four on top, she looks very funny when she smiles.
    She is crawling around and pulling herself up and standing holding on to things.
    Erin is waving and clapping, she says dada,mum,bub and nana and just constantly babbles and she has just started squealing. If she wants to play with one of the boys she squeals at them until she gets their attention, it is very funny.

I have had fun buying girlie christmas presents for Erin.

I just wanted to pop in and tell you about Erin and to wish you all a very merry christmas and a happy and safe new year.
    Merry christmas and all the best to everyone and their families.

Love
    Michelle

Oh Caro ?? Has she already gone? I cant see her posts.

Jen wow that Sam stood up on his own. Claire can stand up, but when she lets go she falls on her bum. Its very cute. She is so much more of a person now. Just like a mini human rather than a blob of baby.

Michelle, sounds like Erin is doing fabulously. Arent girly toys cute?!

Sarah, woohoo on the sleeping!! I am going to the FDC place on thursday. I am so nervous and I am scared of making the wrong decision

I've just bought one of those blow up pools for Claire. I am going to put it in the yard and fill it with water so she can splash around in it on hot days when I cant be bothered to walk up to the aquatic centre. Should be fun for her!

Ok well as I said the other day, we got Claire into FDC for 3 days a week. I called my work and asked them if they were ok with me working those three days and they said yes, but only for a maximum of three months. I dont relly want to work full time becuse I still want to be with Claire. I'm so torn!

Hope everyone is well.

Hi everyone! it's been a while, and I haven't been able to keep up with everyones posts, but sounds like everyone is doing ok.

We have been flat out with our backyard renovations. We now have a patio, french doors coming from our (what was our dining room, and now a family room) onto a timber deck. It should all be finished by the end of this week, just in time to have Christmas here!!

Nicholas is just beautiful! Crawling everywhere, and has started cruising around the furniture now as well. I keep telling him that he is a baby and that he shouldn't be doing that yet! I am not ready for that yet!! My baby is growing up so fast!

We finally put our tree up tonight as we have been waiting for all the internal work to be done in the house. I am really looking forward to Christmas, and have almost finished all my shopping.

Anyway, just a quick hi and Merry Christmas to all if I don't get on here againbefore hand.

Jo
    xx

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast