Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #5

Trina - your poor horse that is terrible hope it gets better soon

SJ - hope we don't need the panadol and he is fine with needles. He was good when we got the newborn screening test done and had heel *****s done and just laid there and it didn't bother him so hopefully he will be right for his first immunisation. Well done on lasagna's!!!

Prama - hope you feel better sweetie and get plenty of rest whenever you can. It was a hard workout, lots of walking today. Was great though because it was such a nice day for it. I had coffee with one of the other girls from class - Fiona. It wasn't planned just happened to park next to her at Stanhope when I went to get baby panadol. Thinking I will try out that yoga class at Hills Yoga to see what its like on Friday, will let you know what I think.

Have a great night girls

Shell xxx

I got Flynn's birth certificate today. I think it took 2 weeks, I kept forgetting to post it!! I was surprised that it came so fast with most of you saying 8 weeks!
    My back is a bit crook too. Doesn't help bending over so much and picking up Flynn. Have any of you seen the article on here about callanetics? Apparently it's a bit like pilates. Little to no impact, great for toning, apparently you can even get your waist back. The lady who wrote the article on BB had back pain but these exercises have really helped her. She says minimum effort for maximum benefit (or something like that!) I'm going to give it a try. Sounds very interesting. I don't know how to put a link in sorry. But try googling callanetics

Hey ladies!
    My back is stuffed too, Noah is a very cuddly baby so he constantly wants to be held which doesn't do much for the issue! I had to book him in for his needles today so he is going on tuesday night because I'm geting DH to take him, I dont think I could cope with it if he cried!

Are we all looking forward to mothers day? Its my first one but unfortunately DH has to work so SIL and I have decided to go out for lunch, should be fun! Anyway, just wanted to check in, have a great day everyone!

*Paula*

Also forgot to mention, Noah is almost 8 weeks old but i got his birth cert about 4 weeks ago so I have no idea whats taking everyone else so long, thats not cool.

Is anyone from Perth?

Ive stil not got Wills and he his 8 weeks too.Its a buggar as I want it for the bank

No Birth Certificate here either, sounds like the NSW BDM is snowed under!... Hope it comes soon! Can you apply for the Baby Bonus without it?

thanks shell - did i tell you i got lost after our coffee last week! i turned right getting out of the car park and i think i went straight again. i ended up at the next set of traffic lights past the one into stanhope gardens. somewhere it said parklea markets turn left, so i did and i came to it like 3 minutes later and finally got onto old windsor road!
    lemme know how the yoga goes.
    i wanted to go for the class yest but i thot the cold wouldnt be good for me, but am heaps better today. i had a massive headache yest that turned into a migraine. i was throwing up and all. and throwing up showed me the pelvic floor muscles were weak.. (wee came out...sorry TMI)
    i tried doing the exercises, but i only remember when im in bed, and when i start counting, it's like counting sheep..zzzzzzzzzzz

nsw is having problems w the birth certs, too many ppl got up the duff! so it's an 8 week wait!!
    this is our 8th week.. hopefully we get it..
    gotta go..

kanda yes you can apply for baby bonus w/o it
    we need it for his passport..

ohh., the pregnancy, baby expo is in sydney 16th-18th!
    Pregnancy, Babies and Childrens Expo you can print out the free tix.
    Last edited by prama; May 6th, 2008 at 10:28 PM.

Paula I'm from Perth. No trouble getting birth cert either.

Taking Paddy for his needles today . Hopefully it's not going to end his good night sleep. For the past week he's been sleeping from about 830-930 til 530.It coincided with the use of a sleeping bag so maybe he was getting cold. My other two didn't do this till about 6 months. He must knowhe's got an old mummy who needs lots of sleep
    Last edited by teachmum; May 7th, 2008 at 11:34 AM.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I'm going to order Jazz's birth certificate. I'm gonna get a commemorative one which is more expensive but you get a standard certificate with it. We are picking up our family photos today so I'll be able to get a photo to the guy who took the casts of her hands & feet so he can get everything framed up and I can collect that too (probably in a couple of weeks).

I had to had least applied to register for the birth certificate before I could get the baby bonus I thought this was the same for everyone. I didnt have to have it in my hand but the paper work had to be sent.

Bloody relatives.I have had very litle sleep not from WIll who is fine despite being so over stimulated but I think I have taken every litle comment to heart about my child rearing practices I even had my aunt follow me out to the car the other night as I went home and asked if he was alright he seemed unsettled..I said he was fine just needed a booby call as he doesnt feed well when there is to much noise. SHe then said..welldo you always feed him like that when you are out ( meaning do you always give him a bottle) I said yes I do.( we had been out to lunch and he needed afeed as they took so long)
    I am not overly comefortable breasetfeeding in public and he really wont settle at the breast at all when out so he has a bottle and then booby top up when we get home which isnt usualy long after.This has worked so well for us all along but now I am second guessing everything I am doing with him. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr makes me so mad and I get so up tight and then in tears and it affects him.I love them but atm cant wait for them to leave its been so full on for my mum and they just dont care how loud they yell at the kids ( 3 of them ) and my aunt acts like she is their mother so when they get into trouble there are 3 adults trying to discipline them ( I'd try and kick down the laundry door too as the middle child did)
    OH sorry just needed to vent it should be a nice time but its proving stressfull for all.
    Got to go my boy is awake
    Bron xx

We took DJ for his immunisation last night and I was sooo nervous beforehand because I didn't want him to be in pain from it Poor bubba but he was such a good boy only screamed a little bit and that was just from the shock of the needles. The nurses said he was the best baby last night - definitely doesn't have my pain threshold, so must get that from dad. He was pretty settled afterwards and good last night but fed every 3 hours and needed cuddles and today he is pretty unsettled from it so have baby panadol on standby if needed. Had my first mothers group meeting this morning which was great and learned that at local libaries they have what is called 'Baby bounce' Introducing your baby to music and literacy which is great so going to look into taking DJ to those Met other mums and it is good to hear that others are in the same situation and dealing with the same things.... My turn to bring along a cake next week, lucky I have a cake mix in the cupboard. DJ was laying on the floor and looking at the other babies and kept smiling at one of the baby girls - my boy is already a stud - trying to pick-up at 8 weeks!!! kehehee

Doni is in Melbourne, left this morning and hopefully home Friday night but he said it will more likely be Saturday morning so 3 nights without him Mum is hoping to stay over tomorrow night providing she can get rid of the flu that is lurging around....she is starting to feel better but wants to be 100% before seeing DJ. Mind you there were a few babies with colds at the mothers group meeting so knowing my luck DJ will get a cold anyway.

Prama - how are you feeling? hope you are feeling better. I shall see if I make the yoga class. With Doni away and not sure if mum can come over I might be too exhausted come Friday.....

Bron - I don't like to breastfeed DJ in public because he is just too vocal, so embarrassing..... I breastfed at mothers group meeting but that is with other mums. I might try to do it one day though I am with you, DJ sometimes won't settle on the breast, keeps fighting it and it makes it difficult for me. Sometimes I will get a silent feed and think what a relief..... I also give him expressed breast milk in bottles because it is just easier sometimes. Just do what you think is best

Ok better get some housework done while DJ is sleeping phewwww

Shell xxxx

Bron - tell them all to mind their own business. You are doing a great job, dont let any of them make you feel bad You are doing what is right for your litte man - every baby is different and you know what he wants and needs and how to look after him... try not to take it to heart.

Prama - hope you are feeling better

Shell - glad that DJ did so well - at MG we were told that babies that are bottle and breast feed tend to be noiser feeders at the breast as they have to work much harder when having a booby feed... feeding at MG is a great step - well done - you will get there, some people never feel comfortable, others (me) couldnt give a sh*t if the whole of Chadstone saw my boobs!!!!

Teach - what are your fav nappies??? i want to try a few more, looking for some trim ones too - got a baby swim nappy in the mail today, bit disappointed, theought there would be more to it, but if it works who cares... hoping to go to the pool this Sat (if i am still feeling brave)

Paula - im looking forward to Mothers day, for years i have been a step mum and occasionally received things (it would never be consistant, some years bth salts, some years nothing and others i would get great pressies, last year i got a juicer!) but this year i am a mummy for real... dont mind what i get, in fact all i really want is DH not to be asked to do anything that day, just preempt things...

spent most of the day at the factory again - was feeling sorry for all those people that had to go out to work last week, and then realsied that it was me too - although it is not the money thing, the business woudl fall over without me! i dont know what we are gong to do when Molly Jane is crawling (ahhhhh)

Thanx SJ I had a realy good chat with the health nurse this afternoon and she was really supportive too and so pleased with how Will is doing He is 5 kilos now and doing well all round.He also had his needles.we both cried *L* then he had a feed and went to sleep and stil is so I hope is wil stay that way for his sake. I so hate that real cry that I hurt cry.

Can I ask a personal question of peeps..feel free to not answer *L* What i syour prefered sort of contraception? DOc put me on the mini pill as I am not the hugest fan of condoms but would certinaly use them if necesary. Trouble is after nearly 3 years on no form of contraception the added hormone seels to realy have me out of sorts. I have pimples which havent for ages and had a bleed and loads of cramping. I always tend to panic when I bleed anyway and as my plattletes are low and I had a clot in myleg after the ceaser I wonder if I really should stop it.Does anybody know a little bit more about it?

Our first mothers group is next Wed and I cant wait to go am going with my girlfriend who had the rough time giving birth and I think it wil be great for her as she has had so little to do with babies.

SJ you are doing well to go to work with Molly Jane I foften think about when WIll is crawling how different htings wil be. As we are so close to the middle of the year to I have been thinking about having to go back to work..all be it in January time just seems to fly by and I cant even contemplate leaving my boy atm.

Danni look fwd to seeing the hand casts and family pics.

Got to go booby call
    Bron x

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Question for everyone: If you clap your hands next to your babies ears, what reaction do you get? I was doing that today and Jazz doesn't even flinch. She did pass her hearing test while she was in the hospital but I don't know if I should be worried now. It might be that she's just concentrating on something coz she does flinch when I blow raspberries.

Helloooooo!!!
    SJ sent me an email and gave me a kick up the bum for disappearing on you all, so here i am. LOL.
    I'm really sorry guys, i've been so busy since Dylan started full time kindy, its just nuts here!! he goes every day now for half the day and it's been really difficult to incorporate that plus baby napping and feeding (i've found its really easy to stuff up Ryan's naps and end up having him awake all day because he's over tired), with DH working and having Shane aswell who's not old enough to walk for himself when we go to drop Dylan off at Kindy.
    Been soooo exhausted by the time DH gets home from work that i've been needing a nap pretty much every afternoon when he's here to watch the kids.
    Occasionally i'm able to get online to read up a little but have always been called away before getting a chance to post, but since i got a concerned email i'm making the time hehe.
    I think if i could do over all these kids i definately wouldn't have had them all so close together, 2 might be doable but i'm having a hard time giving each of them the attention they need at the various stages they're at. Dylan just starting Kindy, they're very involved there and he's just starting his education type stuff, so he needs support there, Shane's just really beginning to talk and soon we'll be toilet training, and obviously there's Ryan who needs feeding every couple hours plus some play time etc...
    How's everyone been?? First mother's day for some of you on Sunday, how exciting!! i've got a particularly busy weekend planned, we've got a friend coming over for dinner on Friday evening, then a family lunch here Saturday arvo for DH's birthday, dinner at another friend's that night for DH's birthday, and then my mum, grandmother and uncle coming over for dinner sunday evening for mother's day.. ugh.. i didn't realise just how busy it was til i saw it all in print there, hrm... trapped myself in a bit of a corner, lol, ahh well i dont think anyone will mind if its a little substandard, they'll understand hehe.
    Anywho, it sounds like Dylan and Shane are trying to kill each other or something so i'd better go give them something to do hehe.
    catchas round

Helloooooo!!!
    SJ sent me an email and gave me a kick up the bum for disappearing on you all, so here i am. LOL.
    I'm really sorry guys, i've been so busy since Dylan started full time kindy, its just nuts here!! he goes every day now for half the day and it's been really difficult to incorporate that plus baby napping and feeding (i've found its really easy to stuff up Ryan's naps and end up having him awake all day because he's over tired), with DH working and having Shane aswell who's not old enough to walk for himself when we go to drop Dylan off at Kindy.
    Been soooo exhausted by the time DH gets home from work that i've been needing a nap pretty much every afternoon when he's here to watch the kids.
    Occasionally i'm able to get online to read up a little but have always been called away before getting a chance to post, but since i got a concerned email i'm making the time hehe.
    I think if i could do over all these kids i definately wouldn't have had them all so close together, 2 might be doable but i'm having a hard time giving each of them the attention they need at the various stages they're at. Dylan just starting Kindy, they're very involved there and he's just starting his education type stuff, so he needs support there, Shane's just really beginning to talk and soon we'll be toilet training, and obviously there's Ryan who needs feeding every couple hours plus some play time etc...
    How's everyone been?? First mother's day for some of you on Sunday, how exciting!! i've got a particularly busy weekend planned, we've got a friend coming over for dinner on Friday evening, then a family lunch here Saturday arvo for DH's birthday, dinner at another friend's that night for DH's birthday, and then my mum, grandmother and uncle coming over for dinner sunday evening for mother's day.. ugh.. i didn't realise just how busy it was til i saw it all in print there, hrm... trapped myself in a bit of a corner, lol, ahh well i dont think anyone will mind if its a little substandard, they'll understand hehe.
    Anywho, it sounds like Dylan and Shane are trying to kill each other or something so i'd better go give them something to do hehe.
    catchas round

silly thing posted twice...

hi girls
    been trying to post all day!
    im much better today, just been running around. thanks for asking.

shell - glad you enjoyed the mothers group. yesterday we were told about toy libraries. im thinking of checking it out. Early Words early literacy program for western Sydney — Community resources you can find your local one here.
    i also went to the library and got him a touchy feely book. the parramatta library has bibs'n'books where there's nursery rhymes and stories for those under 2 every thursday. might check it outnext week.
    good on baby bounce sounds like fun!!
    i would find it hard looking after poopy all day for a few days without steve. i get to do other things when he comes back in the evening.
    hehe - dj;s so cute picking up that girl! lol
    poopy seems to smile at women only..haha. maybe he's into older women.

bron - so sorry about whats going on.. it really sux when ppl tell you what to do, when we ourselves are trying our hardest to do our best when sometimes we dont know what to do. but we try anyway, and its trial and error. it's frustrating. could you tell her in a subtle was to pi$$ off? you dont need that stress.

sj - i know, crawling is going to make things more challenging.. right now i can leave him for a bit and go do soemthing and he's still in the same spot! have to be careful when he starts rolling too.

jade - so glad to hear from you, woman! ive been thinking how you were doing...
    it's tough having 3 kids so close, i shouldnt complain.. but i think you doing a fantastic job, you are doing your best.
    SJ - good on you on writing to jade!
    jade hope you have 3x as much pressies and fun this mother's day.

bron - we've always used the barrier method, condoms/withdrawals. i just dont like the thot of taking the pill or other stuff in my body. it messes the system and i dont like it.

sorry its all over the place, poopy's on the playmat without a nappy and dinner's on the stove and steve's trying to fix the fireplace.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast