Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #5

Prama - itti bitti d'lish comes with either snap in or sewn in inserts. I prefer snap in coz they dry faster. You don't need a seperate cover. Beautiful minky fabric. There's a pic of Paddy in his green one in my gallery.

SJ agree about size of bubs. My kids have always been the biggest/tallest in the class so you just learn to smile and nod at the comments. As long as the kids have a good self image that's all that matters. There is a downside to having a big bub, people expect a lot more of them coz they think there older. When my DD was 2 she looked 3.5/4. I felt like putting a sign up saying 'she's only two this is normal!' when she was having a tantrum.

Night nappy changes - I don't change if I can help it. The lou lou works but of course can't use it every night coz it takes ages to dry. I boost the heck out of a Green kids and that's usually ok. Got some wool covers so I might try the same with BBH. I'll put a fleece liner on top though so it doesn't feel so wet, that's the only thing I don't like about the BBH. Bought some wool pants that I'm going to lanolise and use at night.

Drool - Paddy has just started to drool but some bubs at mg have been doing it for ages. Messy but normal. BTW some produce more than others. I had to change DD clothes regularly coz she'd saturate bibs quickly whereas DS1 wasn't much of an issue.

Hi girls.
    Sammi Flynn blows bubbles in his slobber too. It's pretty funny!
    Prama Before Flynn was born I thought I would like to BF for 6 months. Now that I actually am BF I don't think I'll make it that far! I know it is the best for him, but I really don't enjoy it. My mini goal is three months, and I'll see how I feel then! Re squirting: if I am feeding Flynn and he pulls off he usually gets a very big spray all over his gorgeous little face!!! I honestly haven't looked to see if it squirts any other time tho!!
    Bonds suits are definitely very small. Flynn fit snuggly in a 000 wondersuit for about a week after he was born. He is in a footless 00 Bonds suit at the moment, but I don't think that is going to last very long!
    Danni Your family photo is very lovely. Hopefully we will be getting ours soon!
    Bron You are a great mum! I wish people would keep their opinions to themselves. It's easy to say just ignore them but much harder to actually do. Clearly Will is doing very well, well done! I hope that you are treated to an awesome mother's day. I'm grateful that my in laws all live far away too...they are all crazies, very opinionated crazies!!!!!
    Sorry if I missed anyone! Bit tired and have a bit of a headache. Seeyas

hehe thanks regarding squirts! it's interesting to see how the milk squirts.

sj - thanks for the reassuring words, i know what you mean abt weight. i was also upset cos he's at the lowest in length too. i just cry over this. im trying my best to bf him and get him to put on weight.im also topping up cos he still seems hungry after the boob.
    nappies - im going to start using the longer insert now and fold it in half. ive been using the small insert but he's wetting more and more heavily. i havent used boosters yet.
    im glad ive actually managed to bf him so far, even tho it's w formula. im doing most feeds on the boob now, still with pain but im managing it better. im taking it one week at a time, setting myself little goals. i was thinking till 4mths, but his GP said to try till we come back fr OS which will be at 6mths. he'll start solids then, so will see how we go with bf. either 6 mths now or till he teeths. the LC reckons i have sensitive nerve endings which makes it more painful, so i think with teeth it's going to hurt me. thanks for letting me know.
    i like the idea of trim nappies, poopy looks like a bumble bee in his BBHs.
    the nice thing about the colourful nappies that on girls you can show them off under their dresses, hehe they can flash a little.
    good on you on feeding in the pub! i think id be more comfortable in front of strangers than ppl i know.

are you girls going to bf for a year or till you go back to work?

bron - so sorry abt the relos.. hopefully she doesnt come back for a long long time! does she have anykids?
    i hope you get the bc soon. we paid for it yesterday. it's not the old one we submitted. when it turns up (poopy might be a year old by then!) we can send it back and get our money. htats what they told us and lets hope so.
    fantastic on his weight gain!! well done hun. you should stick your tongue out at your aunt and go nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah! sorry just kidding.

ania - no worries, oh the nurse yesterday asked if you hv had your homevisit yet. i think poopy will be a boob man too. lol, he smiles sometimes while he's on and then dribbles. and sometimes when im about to attach him, he has the cheekiest smile.
    he's drooling too and blowing bubbles. not teething yet. at this stage they have a lot of saliva but dont knowhow to control it.

teach - i'll check them out!! thanks. ive that green one.. hehe cute bum.
    yeah, i know ppl have all sorts of misconceptions. im just afraid he will grow up to be puny and i dont want him to get picked on. i was picked on in school and i have bad self-esteem issues till today.

ive just put him to sleep in a sleeping suit i got off ebay. i wanted to try it out instead of a wrap. it's white with pink lining and has pink butterflies! lol, he looks like a metrosexual baby.

catherine - good luck on bf, it's challenging isnt it.. all the theory seems easy but it actually isnt for some of us. i was planning to for a yr till i went back to work. but it's a challenge for me, so im doing it a week at a time. we're going to kuala lumpur next mth, and im already thinking how i should feed him on the plane. i know bf-ing will be more comforting and bottle will be more of a hassle. it will be uncomfy stuck in a plane for 8 hrs and then some at the airport.

shell - hope you got more sleep.
    Last edited by prama; May 9th, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Prama, LOL on the pink suit. I have a really cute one i bought off ebay when i was hoping for a girl but its a very bright almost flourescent pink, i definately could not get away with it hehehe

I use a sleeping bag at night and it keeps Paddy toasty warm. My DS wore a bit of pink as a baby. I don't like to waste anything and I don't think it harmed him going to be in pink jammies. Funnily enough I just sent him to camp in bright blue skinny leg jeans and both his shirt and bag had a touch of pink in them. Prama, he's just a trendy bub.

Thanks for your words guys you would think at the gae of37 I would have a thicker skin and no how ot handle them by now. Still WIll and Ihave had alovley relaxing day without them *L*

Teach do paddys sleep suits have mittens on the hands. I htink WIll is ready for asleep suit but his little hands get so cold and I have to find some with hands on them

Aww bron thats horrible, should have told her where to go relative or no relative she has no right saying those things to you. She has that old mentality that dummy's are BAD i put up with people drumming that into me with DD1 all the nurses and midwives made me feel bad for thinking about it. Why do people think it's ok to do things like that?? I would never dream of doing it.

Prama my bbs don't squirt they only drip when i am full and summer pulls off, i hardly ever leak anymore either i don't wear pads so now i have said that i will spring a leak hehe. I am going to feed as long as poss 1 year maybe more maybe less.

Summer has nearly grown out of her 00 bondsuit it is a little too short.... they are quite small compared to other 00 things aren't they

Forgot what else i was going to say i have come on a couple of times today but took so long to catch up each time that i gave up.... Feeling pretty crappy tried to take it easy today but feels worse just sitting around.

Bubba is calling bbfn

Talking about squirting nipples mine dont really squirt either - thankgod im not alone... ive only seem them do this a couple of times when i was pumping my boobs lol... but other than that hardly ever hence why i always question my milk suplies.

Re: dummies - it was a life saver for me.... many people have their own opnions and i really dont think they should relay this unto other people especially new mums... i went thru and still going thru what the doc said about monkey's weigh and what im doing etc and it just really stuffed me up... your a mother and u know what it right for your bundle of joy..... just trust in urself and block everything out... clear example my mother she always has many opnions - i have learnt to agree and talk on advice i feel fit. And just one last thing about dummies they really help with reflux (silent nad non silent) - they have their advantages.xxx

Trina - hope you feel better in the morning

Bron - 37 or 87 i dont think that age matters when you feel like you are being attacked... good thing they are gone and they can leave you to the fantastic job that you are doing... dont worry about them

The reason that MJ gets changed (her nappy) in the night is becasue i had to do it when she was so young as she would fall asleep and not have a full feed - then she would e awake in an hour wanting more, so i had to feed then change her. i could leave her in the nappy - i am using BBH with the long insert folded with a fleese liner - as it is not that wet at that change time, but it is just a habit i guess... she settles back to sleep really well thou even thou she is more awake than if i didnt change her.
    What do you guys think???

bron - as sj said, 37 or 87, he's your little man, and always will be. no one should tell a mum what to do unless she asks for advise. every creature is protective of her bub. try telling a lioness what to do, hmm, maybe your aunt should try that.

trina - sorry you're feeling down :hugs:

sj - is mj sleeping thru and you're waking up just to change her? just my opinion, if she's uncomfy, she'd wake up.. i would sleep thru if she doesnt wake up. it also doesnt interrupt her sleep, but thats just my opinion

cya t

Hi Gals

So good to see all the babes developing and growing.

Madison is also drooling a bit more, not too much, mainly blowing bubbles lol
    She had her injections last week. Miss 3 was so cute and saying "Don't worry, it just stings a little bit and patting her hand". I thought I was tough but my hands were shaking when I put her back in her capsule. She didn't really cry, just whimpered a little when they did it, two nurses at once which is a great idea.

She is so interactive now, and she's a real Mummy's girl. I sit sideways on the couch with my legs bent up so my feet are touching and then I put Madison down so her head is resting on my feet and she's looking up at me (does that make sense). And we talk. I usually say Mama or Dada but I also say Hello but kinda like hellloooo (like Seinfeld, remember that episode?) anyhoo, she was looking back at me and her mouth formed a little O shape and she was cooing back at me like she was trying to say hello lol. Well I think she was anyway, sooooo cute.

Prama - I'm going to try BF for 12 months. I BF Miss 3 for 13 mths with 6 months exclusively so will try the same this time. Depends if I have to find a job earlier
    Maddie's starting to be a bit annoying with the feeding. She keeps pulling herself off and reattaching and my nipples are starting to get sore again.
    Other than that she's a pretty cruisy baby and super smiley. I'm really enjoying her.

I took Miss 3 and Maddie to the library for the first time today. Note to self, don't leave Miss 3 in kids area and wander off to magazine section, every one gives you the hairy eyeball when she runs to you yelling Mummy, Mummy I want this book! LOL, she promised she'd be quiet.

Wow, I can't remember all the other personals I was going to comment on, this thread goes so quickly.

Have a great Mothers Day every one, and for those missing their Mums, I hope having your babies makes it a little easier.

Prama - i change her when she wakes or a feed - i wouldnt wake her just to change her nappy, but a couple of people have told me not to change her nappy when she is up for a feed...

Jess, great to hear from you again, so cute that miss 3 was looking out for her sister during the injections, its those moments that melt your heart! we (me DH and DSS) all say helllooo to MJ too, i she try to coo back, sometimes its shounds like hiii, DSS gets so excited, he thinks that she is starting to talk, he is so impatient, he cant believe that she wont be crawling in a couple of weeks

Hey girls,

Finally got to post I had my mum stay last night so couldn't get online. I expressed two feeds for her to do last night so I could have a break and just watch a bit of tv and put my feet up, she also did the 7:30am feed for me so I could get more rest. I do feel rested but will probably get more sleep later.

re: nappy changes - i always change DJ's nappy either before or after his feed - just been the usual routine with me. Probably why I don't use the wool covers much find the others do what is needed. I should look into night boosters though, might get him to sleep longer because sometimes I think his wet nappy wakes him up and he realises he is hungry.

re: drooling - he drools alot now and blows rasberries - very cute.

Question re: sleeping arragement - does your baby sleep better on their back, sides or tummy? I normally put DJ to sleep on his back when I am sleeping but when awake I will put him on his tummy because he has the most deepest sleep on his tummy, he doesn't even stir one bit. I am going to ask the paed about this and see what he thinks because I am just worried about the whole sids thing.

Jess - that is what DJ is doing in his feeds as well, drives me nuts especially in the early hours of the morning when I am so tired. I wish he would just stay latched on and feed normally. I look at other mums breastfeeding and their bubs are so silent and stay latched on..... arghhh just one the joys of breastfeeding hey?

Sorry this isn't a very long post, want to have some rest while DJ is sleeping.

Chat later xxxx

Hello Jess!!
    yes, Miss 3 is so cute! big sisters are wonderful! and so cute her doing the O shape!

SJ - sorry i misunderstood, i see what you mean now. yes, i do change him at night feeds. he wakes up at 5ish now and i still change him. sometimes i forget and give him both boobs and then change him instead of getting out of bed, changing and getting back in bed. sometimes im just too comfy in bed and just do both sides at once then change. and his nappies are soaking wet by then.

shell - so glad you got some rest!!
    poopy's always slept on his back. i think they said side is ok as long as you are watching them. not sure about tummy. we were watching a video in mothers group and it was from the 80's and htey said put bub on their sides!!

bron - i saw some sleep bodysuits in woolies with cuffs that you can cover bubs hands. they are just live the all in ones. i have a couple with cuffs but they are thick ones, and they might be too hot to be wrapped up in. i didnt get the ones in woolies cos they were all 00s, and he's still in 000s. they were 2 for $15.

talk about sore nipples! mine are painful, he's doing the same, pulling back all the time.
    You;d think they all must have their own version of bellybelly and be chatting about pulling back from their mummies!
    hehe, i now call his tummy time - bellybelly time.. lol

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Our cat jumped into the basinette last night. He didn't get right in it though. He'd been sleeping on my feet and woke me up when he moved and used my feet as a launch pad to jump to the basinette. I lept out of bed which scared him and he jumped down. Jazz just kept snoring her head off and didn't even know she almost got suffocated by the cat. Needless to say he spent the night outside.

Well im glad that everyone bubs are drooling and blowing bubbles..... phew its all normal...what about shoving their fits in their mouths..... Monkey just cant get enough of them.

Re: nappies - i usually change after a feed and monkey gets a bit distressed when he doesnt get his feed as soon as he wakes up - demanding little thing.... although this morn he kept crying and i had no idea why after two boobs - than i remembered forgot to change him since last feed (completed at 12am and he woke at 4am) after that all happy - but for me lack of sleep..... it all just builds up.

Anyway girls - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY - hope you got spoilt.
    xxxx

Morning girls,

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Hubby is taking me out to breakfast and lunch with my mum, but no present boo hoo was kind of hoping for something to open on mothers day or at least a card, more so to say thanks for the labour/c-section and giving him a baby boy or something, but oh well, I should have known he wouldn't get me anything tangible. The last time I received a present from my hubby was for my 30th birthday which was 2 years ago!!! hahaha At least I am going out for breakfast and lunch but can't go anywhere just yet, no nappies are washed arghhhhh so washing nappies at the moment. I will have to use magic all's for today because no fitteds are washed. I started washing them yesterday afternoon but then with baby brain forgot I wasn't finished arghhh the joys hey?

I went out by myself last night for a friends 40th birthday which was really nice. Left Doni and DJ at home and I headed out which was soooo nice to drive the car by myself for a distance more than 5 mins without baby kehehe I put my music (Madonna of course) on really loud and just sung my heart out on the freeway.....I left around 11:15pm but still had a great time, glass of champers and a good dance. I had expressed heaps of milk before I left so I didn't have to worry about feeding him. Mind you I ended up breastfeeding him at 2am this morning because hubby wanted to save the expressed breast milk arghhhh so much for a nice sleep in as well, because I ended up breastfeeding him at 6:30am too boo hoo at least he slept for 4 hours so that is a good present from DJ and he was latching on properly so that was a present in itself from my little man kehehee

So, did you all get spoilt today?

Hope you all have a super super day!!!! I will be checking posts later to see how spoilt you all got.

Shell xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by ania View Post
    Well im glad that everyone bubs are drooling and blowing bubbles..... phew its all normal...what about shoving their fits in their mouths..... Monkey just cant get enough of them.
    xxxx
    Ania - I nickname DJ 'monkey' as well, must be something about little babies looking like monkeys or something haha

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast