Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #5

That would be great if you could give me the number - ill c how this LC goes on tues and if i need more help (which i think i will) i would like to see someone close by. Its nice to c im not the only one going through this...they said bf was hard but i never thought it would b this hard.

I still don't have BC i sent it off nearly 9 weeks ago.

Shell Summer sometimes pulls off and fiddles on the boob, when she is like that i don't keep trying, i take her off hurts too much, she is usually overtired or windy and not hungry enough so i wait until she is hungry enough to get the job done.

I have a cold started with a sore throat yesterday and this morning still went to the gym and now i am feeling super crappy, Summer is grumpy and clingy today hope she isn't getting it.

I am going out in the morning to do a few things then not going anywhere!!!!!! i have not been home for longer than an hour during the day this week no wonder i feel crap.

Trina xoxoxo

hehe ania, i feel the same. it is comforting to know that there's someone else going thru it, not that you want to wish upon someone else.
    i was on the nipple shield and now just the boob, and it's sore and very painful when he latches on. i feel like he's chomping on milk ducts.
    the parramatta family care numberis 9843 3222. it goes to the main line and you can ask to make an appt with marilyn jones. usually a lady called sue picks up and she gives you advise first. sometimes you have to insist that youwant to see marilyn. i didnt quite like sue's approach, tho she might be able to give some good advise. the first few weeks i was feeding poopy for 1.5hrs at a time and was getting tired and my supply was low, and sue's advise was to feed him every to hrs. i was like wt.... that means im constantly feeding!
    i hope you'll be able to ring and make an appt with marilyn, i was refered by my ECC but i called them myself.
    the address is Jeffery House, Parramatta community Health, 162 Marsden road, parramatta. just before westfields!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I've noticed that Jazz now goes longer between feeds and is less demanding. Overnight she'll go 6-10 hours, then she'll go 5 hours after her first feed before wanting more. Today I only fed her a total of 5 times, once with a bottle coz we were out and about and it's easier. I've upped her amount of formula when giving her a bottle as of today. I'm now giving her 150ml instead of 100ml so I've stopped using the half size bottles and have bought some full size ones.

I've really got to get the enrolment forms done for childcare coz I'm starting to look for work.

I've just uploaded a family photo in my gallery.
    Last edited by danniellabella; May 8th, 2008 at 11:02 PM.

Wow just had some catch up reading to do. I had to give back my work computer so I now have to share with two teenagers and I can't stay awake as long as them .

SJ = My favourite pocket nappies are Green kids or bum genius. Both are osfa (I'm a cheapskate) They're reasonably trim and don't leak (Paddy is a heavy wetter). The Green kids boosters are my favourite though. I've bought a couple of extras to boost my other nappies. If you want some sized nappies the cutest ones I've found are itti bitti d'lish. I've got an elmo (red) one and a kermit(lime green) one. They are the trimest ones, almost as trim a sposie. I bough Paddy a medium coz he's a big boy and they have a low rise.

Mini pill- I tried this after I had DS1 but like Trina said it's too hard to remember to take it at the same time every day. It also made me very moody and cranky. Just use condoms.

Paddy had his needles yesterday. It is so much worse than with my first two. The babies get so many more immunisations and that 2nd needle is soo painful for them. He's been very sleepy today and not his usual happy self but I've only had to give him Panadol twice. The syrup has upset his tummy but infants friend seems to have helped a little. Sure made him poo a lot more.

Weighed Paddy at MG today. We're up to 6.64kg @ 9 weeks. Prama and ania we have a couple of bubs that are more petite than others. It isn't that unusual so don't feel bad you're doing a great job.

Trina I get the girls out in public too. People stare at them when they're fully clothed but tend to look away once you get them out. I breastfeed at DS1 bball training in front of 14 year olds and they don't even bat an eyelid.

Watched a great video at MG today. It was by gymbaroo an just went through all the different ways to play that helps with development. Low and behold babies of the same age physically developed at different rates .To help Paddy learn to roll I hold his arm and start to pull him onto his side but go slow enough so he starts to use his own muscles, then onto his tummy if he doesn't do it himself. He is starting to get the idea and is nearly rolling onto his side by himself.

Shell make sure you get your follow up GTT test. Mine came back as impaired glucose tolerance so I have to get tested in 3 months . I'm trying to lose some more weight before then and hopefully it will come back with a better result.

Off to watch Trinny & Susannah fit bras ...

Well I managed a good 3 hour sleep YAY now just doing the midnight feed. Think he has had enough, just sitting up just in case. He wouldn't take anymore but sometimes he does this and still is hungry.

Teach - yeah I will book in for test but also nervous about it, my belly is just getting bigger not smaller mind you I bloat alot from certain foods but still not looking forward to it Wow Paddy is growing really well as well - congrats!!

Prama - oh der I should have known it was aunt flow haha yeah that wouldn't surprise me that they were coming soon.

Trina - hope you feel better soon sweets. It is always good to know th at we are all in the same situation going through the same things - very reassuring Take care of yourself and try to get some rest.

Ania - good luck with LC - let us know how you go. If DJ still has attachment issues I will probably go see them as well, but since I have started introducing the shield again he is much better, and then I take it away in the middle of the feed and he feeds ok again, so who knows, just keep an eye on it.

Danni - tried to check out the photo but they have taken away the photo gallery link

Well I am about to give DJ a bit more of a feed then heading to bed, have a great night girls.

Shell xxx

teach - lol, good training for the 14yr olds, so they know boobs are both sexual and functional. some men are so offended bf-ing in public but happily look at topless pictures plastered everywhere. im sure some of them were fed the same way!
    did the nurses give him both needles at one go? our did and i thot that was clever, keeps the misery to min.
    thanks! im going to try that rolling technique.
    thanks for the comforting words, he's still tiny but not underweight. i wish he could not only suck milk from my boobs but also the extra kilos too!
    \t

shell - glad you got some sleep last night. hope you get a lot more'.. DJ's sleeping habits will change soon and he'll sleep more. Poopy just changed, and was sleeping from 10.30 to 5.30 one day. the alternate nights i bathe him, give him a feed, then some play time with us in bed, then put him in his bassinet, and leave him to laugh himself silly looking at the mobile for abit then turn the light off. so far that seems to work. tho im sure, the long sleep will change soon. i read that they changes lots again at 4mths! and they will start getting a bit more manipulate to get you to carry them....

had a bit of scare last night. we were in bed and DH had poopy on his chest giving him some tummy time and suddenly poopy rolled off his chest and did a double roll and landed on the bed between me and DH. i screamed and started to cry. DH picked poopy but and he had the biggest smile! i of course scolded DH for not being more careful, as he could have rolled off the other side and fallen on the floor. men! they seem to be so much more laid back about these things.

yeah.. whatever happened to the gallery link. the only way to access it is via your profile or at the top the thread. is a bit more painful.
    i also noticed that you can request to change your username in your profile.
    we;ve been meaning to take a nudie family shot but havent got around to it.

danni - hope you're feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by shell_120308 View Post
    Danni - tried to check out the photo but they have taken away the photo gallery link

At the top click on the gallery link then go to member galleries then look for mine.

hey girls, can i ask a silly question. when you're bf-ing, do you squirt spontaneously? i can only squirt if i squeeze my boobs. when i have a let down, it doesnt squirt, just dribbles. Actually can you just squirt without touching your boobs?

Prama they gave hime one needle at a time. He's normally a really easy going bub but didn't settle very easily. DH said the needle they use is really long and he did bleed a little in the second injection site so maybe it wasn't the nurses best effort. He didn't sleep as long between feeds last night but is very sleepy ifykwim. He also wet through his night nappy which is amazing coz it's so absorbent.

BTW SJ if you're looking for a night nappy Lou Lou's is excellent.

Question - which clothes do you find the smallest make? For me it's bonds. Paddy seems to be bursting out of the 00 wondersuits but other makes are fine. I wonder why Bonds sizing are so small, maybe coz they're stretchy?

Have a great day.

teach - i had a look at itti bitti fitted ones, the flannel and bitti boos, do you use htem? which one's better. i like them but hte only thing is that they are sized and with the BBH ones, you can use them at any size. so that saves money..

Yes Prama I'm a tight ar$se too but if you want a couple of trim show off nappies that are really absorbent then buy itti bitti d'lish. They're about $30 and come with a system of three inserts that have colour coded snaps (don't have to remember how to put them in). They dry fast and after they outgrow them you could still use the inserts with your BBH. One benefit of having a small bub is they are going to last a long time.

do you need a cover with them? there's few types of itti bitti d'lish. which ones do you use?

Wow - that took me ages to catch up... now to rememebr it all!!!

re the size of babies, try not to worry too much Prama and Ania, some babies put on loads of weight and are at the top end of the charts, but the mums are never told to worry, why is it that they have to make you worry... No one is the same, there are smaller people in the world and those that dont put on much weight - my DH an DSS are prime examples - they can consume what they like and what ever they dont need for everyday lives they poo out!!! - And lets face it in 10 years time it will all be reverses, the bigger ones will probably be called fat or chubby. try not to worry
    Molly Jane was big when she was born (i hated the comments about that as she was heavy but not overly long) but her weight gain is slowing down and she has gone from above 50% to below, but is growing longer (nearly 75%)

PRAMA - re the squirting, when i let down it is just drips, if Molly is sucking during let down and then pulls away, it is a fine squirt, but it stops soon after she stops sucking. I can squirt if i squeeze though. the only other time i will squirt is if i let down and someone knocks my boobs or presses on it. Dont worry you sound the same as me in the squirting department!!!

Bonds suits are definatly on the smaller size, MJ is in 00 they are slightly too big, but anything else of this size swamps her

Thanks for the info on the nappies... I mainly have the BBH, but are so bulky that i sometimes want a trimmer one to go under different outfits.
    Prama, it is a more expensive way of buying them (sized instead of OSFM) but i figure that if a i buy a couple here and there it wont be so bad (besides i am planning to have another so they will get used)...
    I bough 2 medium Happy Heineys the other day, have washed them and am waiting form them to dry, they are soooo soft and a bit less bulky than the BBH.

Went to a pub last night with some friends and i had to fed when we were in the sports bar ( you know, with all the footy players and men gambling on the doggies) i was suprised at the response, got a few smiles from the rougher ones (and i am pretty sure they were not leers ) and the younger footy guys were just embarressed - i see my role as an educator of boobies!!! he he he

Teach and Prama - what do you do over night in the nappy department - i was told that we shouldnt change bubs over night, but i cant stand to know that she is wet and i am putting her back down... i put her in a BBH with a double booster and change inbetween feeds... will ceck out the LouLous

Morning all. If I NEVER EVER see my relatives again I will be happy. I spent all last night in t ars after being bailed up in our back room and lectured and I mean lectured by my aunty about the fact that Will uses a dummy and she says thats why he has wind and that they are digusting things..but if it works for you I guess..if she said it once she said it 10 times. I am exhausted its all I could think about last night and the only thing I can say is I am glad they live in Brisbane over 12 hours way from me becasue I was right on the edge of saing things I would regret
    End of vent sorry.

prama I did the same thing re birth certificate and medicare I was jsut abit confused when danni said she was only just ordering hers..I thought it meant she hdnt gotten her baby bonus yet. I still havent got mine either so I am glad you got yours sorted for Lakshmans passport.

I have decided to go off the mini pill I know its probably a combo of things but I Havent cried so much since the 1st 2 weeks Will was born.
    I was told that topping up was ok by the chn nurse too and Will still feeds the same as he always did although I Have started to wrap him for his booby call again as he tends to feed alot better. Ihavent had to up the amount in his fomrula yet either and he only gets it 3 top up feeds a day..once when dad feeds him in the morning he gets a late afternoon feed and then his last one before bed.

Will actualy coped alot better with his needles than I thought he would although he has a nasty bruise from the second one and he ended up having a dose of panadol.
    WIll has hit the 5 kilo mark and grown a total of 5 .5 cm. and she was so pleased with how relaxed andhappy Will was..only wish I had my aunty with me to say ..SEE I AM DOING OK *L* ( I know I know I need to get over it*L*)

Danni what an absolutley beautiful shot of your family its great thanks for sharing
    Looking fwd to mothers day :-)
    Have agreat day girls I am off for abit of a nanna nap
    Bron xx
    Last edited by india44; May 9th, 2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Snuck a look at piccy

Hi Girls - thanks for your reassurance re: BF and baby's weight....hopefully all will go well next week with LC and he will feed better hence sleep better. Seriously at night i cant tell you how many times i have fallen asleep with him on the boob - i just want to make sure he has had enough...as soon as i take him of he cries so i put him back on...i even tried the dummy and nah he wants boob. i seriously think he will grow up to be a boob man in his later years lol...

Prama- thanks for the LC contact details in Parra...i'll make sure to be firm when speaking to sue lol but yeah i have also been told to feed every two hrs....and i tried that and yes i felt i was on the food constantly and even now. re: squirting - not sure if mine do i only see if when i pump my boobs after a feed for 10 min to stimulate and it not always squirts.

Shell - i do the same sometimes with the nipple shield - depending how sore my nipples are. But who know wat when i do a feed without it on one boob and he latches on correctly my nipples are still sore... i think i just have very sensitive ones.

Sammie - thanks for advice - its nice to hear something like that. Also to add many docs dont take into consideration babies genes - ie. my hubby and i werent chubby babies we were long and lanky.

I also have a questions for u grls - does anyones' babie drool - my Joshi drools like there is no tomorrow - is this normal for just an earlier age?

axx

Bonds are smaller. Jazz has just gone into 000 Bonds but still 0000 & occasionally 00000 everything else.
    I only tend to put her in wondersuit type things for bed.

Ania - yep, pretty much all the bubbas in here have started to drool lately... i spoke to the heath nusre at MG this week (and also there was a thread that i posted a link to a couple of pages back).. apparently the saliva kicks in about this time, so thats the reason... MJ blows bubbles with hers!

Prama - forgot to say earlier, i am planning on BF for a year if i can... i have had no problems with feeding so dont compare yourself to me. Do what you think is right for you and poopy, not what others are doing or saying

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast