Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #5

Hiya Jade, we were all wondering where you were, you are doing well having all the boys so close its bloody hard work but it will get easier hang in there.

Bron don't you love people giving advice and trying to make you feel like you are doing the wrong thing, all it is is them trying to look good cos they are crap at everything else in their lives hehe but seriously don't listen to them cos will is yours you made him and you are his only mummy and you are doing the right thing for you and him.

SJ rofl it doesn't bother me either, i whip the girls out to feed Summer any time she needs it, the only place i don't is at school. If anyone has a problem then they can look away. I am going to try the bum genius nappies, they look great, easy to use, trim etc. Still haven't gone down the cloth route, no money for the investment plus i wanted something trim and easy

oh yeah Bron, i have used the mini pill and fallen pg on it!!!! Having to take it at the same time every day was difficult, i didn't have any reaction to it, it's the only pill that was ok but i still don't want to take it, we still haven't DTD DH is going to get snippy snippy but hasn't got off his a*se to organize it, plus there is not one second alone plus no energy plus no time the list goes on. I'm very fertile so we are avoiding each other for that reason too we will have years to make up for it later.

Prama Summer rolls from her tummy to her back all the time now and every time its like she gets a little fright or surprises herself hehe too cute. Not looking forward to the crawling and getting into everything stage, best i start thinking of baby proofing things.

I am really looking forward to a quiet day soon, this week can't end soon enough. How the hell am i going to work?? I'm sure ill find a way. I'm off to bed legs are aching. I can't wait 2 weeks until holiday to QLD. (apart from the driving part not looking forward to that)

Hope i haven't left anyone out this post took over an hour
    Trina xoxox

Woah.... finally got DJ settled arghhhhhhh he was so good in his immunisation last night so I had to expect that today would be an unsettled one. He had a good 3 hour sleep this afternoon but that is it, and now just got him back to bed for another sleep and hoping he won't wake up now until his midnight feed (fingers crossed). I think I will be more prepared for his next immunisation and make sure Doni is home the following day with some expressed bottles ready to go and top-up feeds etc. Oh and nappies ready to go, because he has been peeing and pooing like there is no tomorrow haha

Spoke to my mum and she still isn't well and won't come over tomorrow night but is resting tonight and tomorrow so she is well enough to come over on Friday night instead. She misses DJ so much and just wants to cuddle him so doesn't want to risk coming over tomorrow night.

SJ - yeah it is a bugger, I think it didn't help that he was so unsettled today though, but yeah breastfeeding in public is one thing I do where I feel comfortable. Sorry to hear you were busy at the factory today. Have you got one of those playpens for when Molly starts crawling? Maybe that might be ok?

Prama - thanks for the link I will check it out. Yeah it will be exhausting for me for the next 3 nights with no support so I will make sure I express some milk ready for Doni to feed him when he gets home because I will need a break for sure. Feeling tired now but won't bother going to bed until after his midnight feed.

Bron - my obstetrician gave me a script for the mini pill as well and I am hesitant about taking it as well, never took the pill and when I did try it I was an emotional rollercoaster, so moody and broke out in more pimples and put on weight from it as well. So all not good. He said to give it a go, it is only a a mini pill. I will get it over the next few days.

Jade - you are amazing and doing such a great job. I find it hard just with the one, but you have 3!! You deserve a great mothers day on Sunday hope you get spoilt!!

Well girls, have a great night, here's hoping a good sleep from our bubs

Shell xxxx

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I picked up our family photos today. I'm quite dissappointed. The one we got for free is fantastic! The one we paid $80 for is blurry. I rang the place to complain but they were shut for the day. I left a message and will ring them again tomorrow. I'll scan and post them in my gallery soon.

Hi Everyone! We've got our needles next week and I'm not looking forward to it
    My DH got fired yesterday He is an Aircraft Maintainence Engineer, on one of the jobs he was doing, one of the 60 or so screws he was doing up broke. He didn't fix it straight away, forgot about it, remembered about it, told everyone, fixed the problem so there was no more problem and thought it was finished. He got called into some bosses office where they were like explain yourself. They decided that the PURPOSEFULLY stuffed up the job so that it jepodised future business from this particular client!!!! So they fired him! It was a honest mistake, which he rectified. IMO it should have been a written warning at worst. GRRRRR so mad. Just what we need.
    Bron We've always used the Billings method; natural family planning. It's always worked very well for us. I was on the pill once many years ago and I hated it, made me feel like rubbish and very moody - no thanks!!! I got this thing from the chemist called a 'Maybe Baby' it's a saliva ovulation tester. It says not to use it for contraception purposes but I don't see why you can't, so I do!!! It works for us. The only downside is when you most feel like DTD is when you are most fertile!
    Jade Wow! I am struggling with one newborn and a husband! I hope your Mother's day is wonderfully relaxing and that DH does everything!
    Shell Hat's off to you not having Doni at home so often. My DH has been working nightshift for the 2 months or so, so he was home (and awake and able to help me) for about 3 hrs before he was off to work again. It was horrible. Hope your mum gets better soon so you can have a little break.
    Well I'd better get off my butt and do something more useful than reading forums!!!

What a night I am sooo exhausted. Ended up staying up til 1am waiting to feed DJ I was going to go to bed but knew I would only have to get up an hour later. Then put him to sleep at 1:45am and next feed at 4:30am, followed by another feed at 6:30am and 8:30am arghhhhh He is going through such a growth spurt at the moment and it is very frustrating for me. I am also having some attachment issues with him. He will attach for 1 minute and then come off again and then I put him back on again and off again and this will go on for his entire feed. It is extremely frustrating.....I just keep persisting.

For those who are breastfeeding - anyone else having these type of issues??? It is driving me nuts, you would think by now after 8 weeks that it would be easier.... I was only planning to breastfeed for 4 months so I can wean him off breastmilk when I head back to work etc but crikies the rate I am going at I will get it down pat by the time I ready to finish it..... grrrrrr Sorry just needed to vent.....

Catherine - that is terrible news about your husband losing his job, and definitely not what you need at the moment, they certainly should have given him a warning or something berfore that..... Look into his rights as well, he might be able to fight them on it

Danni - sorry to hear the photo didn't turn out I would complain especially since you are spending $80 on it.

I was going to head to Medicare today to put through some claims but with DJ being so unsettled I think I will just stay home today and try to head out tomorrow instead. Luckily Medicare is opened on Saturday mornings just in case I can't get out tomorrow.....

Does anyone have any books by Gina Ford? Contented Little Baby book?? It was suggested at the mothers group.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Shell xxxx

Catherine - so sorry, thats awful news... like shell said, is there anyway you can look at unfair dismissal??? was he on an AWA? if not i am pretty sure that they would not be able to fire him just like that, specially as he fix the problem (its not like the plane broke and then he went, oh yeah thats right theres no screw in there!!!!) Has he receievd warnings before - you can just fire someone like that...

Im going to check the Billings method out... im really fertile too, well i assume i am, Mum was and on our very first effort at falling pg we got MJ (poor DH was looking forward to 'trying'), i have always been on a strong pill (not the mini) but cant go back to that, and there is NO WAY i would rememeber to take the minipill at the same time every day...
    think we will have to rely on condoms when i am ovulating, my problem is, if you dont get your AF when BF you cant work out your cycle...

Shell - my friend from the UK has that Book and she swears by it
    Molly can get fussy at the boob sometimes, she will pull off and headbutt it a few times then go back on and then off again... other times she is fine.

Jade - good to hear from you and glad everything is OK - other than being incrediably busy!!!

Trina - how long is the car trip??? hopefully you have a great break altogether
    When did Summer start rolling, MJ still is not liftig her head much, i am going to increase tummy time, every time she is on her front though she brings her legs up (in crawling position) and kickes them around. Health nurse told me to oush her bum down.

hi girls

im so annoyed w Births Deaths and Marriages, couple of weeks ago they told us the BC will be ready in 8 weeks which is this weeks. so DH rang them and now they say 12 weeks, nothings updated on their website.
    So DH went in and they said tehy can see that they started the process of our application on the 17th of March but cant find where it is!!!
    so DH managed to get one on the spot, and all it took the lady to do it is 5 minutes!! holy crap, what is BDM up to!!!
    we are going to get his passport pix today and do it online and take the form to the PO on Sat to get it processed.

catherine - so sorry hun, that's awful.. yeah maybe he can look at unfair dismissal, he was honest about it and fixed it. that's terrible.

shell - sorry abt bf-ing stuff. does dj still have a stuffed nose, it could be hindering his breathing when sucking.
    havent heard of the book, will check it out.

we used the billings method to fall pg, and maybe baby and basal temp and TCOYF software.. it didnt take us very long. 2 cycles.. i didnt find maybe baby effective. as you can see i wanted to make sure my time was write, with all those methods. lol.. poor DH, at that stage I was like today! Today! chop chop! it was all scheduled and not fun sometimes!
    and yes, it's hard to tell now with no AF. Last weekend was going to be our DTD but of cos we were both sick. maybe i'll get a special mothers day present hehe.

shell - hope bf-gets better, you're doing so well now, from your expressing days.

i have to go, i just put the nappies to rinse and Poopy did a poo! so i have put that nappy in and re-rinse. he always seems to know to poo when im rinsing nappies.

i have to vent.
    went to the eCC and poopy only put on 150g in 2 weeks and grew 1 cm. i feel like a total failure. hes healty and all but at the bottom of the chart. im doing my best to bf him more and more now plus top up. i was happy yesterday cos he's 3 mths and i still managed to bf some. but today i feel like crap, i just feel like a complete failure, a hopeless mum for not being able to get him to put on more weight.

sj - lakshman isnt rolling yet. but your recommendation to put him on the sofa works heaps better than on the floor, he doesnt cry anymore. thanks so much. the nurse also said if youre changing him on the change table, after the change, you can give a min of tummy time too. so that gives you 6mins aday with 6 changes.
    i find that he finds it a bit harder w BBH nappies on, cos they seem heavy. i hold his legs sometimes.

trina - woo h oo! hols! hehe.. are we there yet? are we there yet?

bron - the birth cert was seperate. the baby bonus application was with the medicare application, and what they said was to get teh baby bonus, you must have got or applied for your birth cert. so we submitted the birth cert first and then went to the medicare office, a few days later.
    Last edited by prama; May 8th, 2008 at 02:01 PM.

SJ - thanks for the reassurance I ended up reintroducing the nipple shield and he just had a good 20 min feed - still came off a bit but not as bad, started to introduce nipple without shield as well. I just need to be patient as well, think he could sense I was getting so stressed about it which didn't help much. And yeah as much as I don't to go on mini pill because I am also hopeless in remembering to take my vitamins let alone contraception....

Prama - nose is fine just attaching wrong, so reintroduced the nipple shield which seemed to have helped. Will keep persisting. Don't put so much pressure on yourself, you are doing such an amazing job. He is probably just getting what he needs. What did community nurse say to you? Don't stress too much - haha I should really take my own advice sometimes!!! But seriously you are an amazing mum, I have seen you with him and he loves you to bits

Finally got DJ to sleep, got some Celtic Lullabies playing ahhhh what a relief, going to try and get some rest myself, feel a bit overtired though, so probably won't even sleep arghhhh.... need to get some sleep to prepare for another night alone.

Shell xxxx

so much for getting sleep neighbours' kids are out playing and making alot of noise arghhhh will try to get to go to bed early once DJ goes to sleep instead

still got the lullabies playing and he is sound asleep - quite nice to listen to as well.

thanks shell!! you're lovely. nurse said that he's fine, he looks good and has enough wet nappies, so he is getting enough. i give him the boob and top up. if he has fomula, he's taking more than what they work out he should get. his arms and legs are chubby so he's not skinny. so i dunno why he's not putting on more wgt.the other thing is i'm afraid he'll grow up to be this little kid and get bullied etc. i got bullied in school, and it was terrible.

im glad he's feeding better w the shield. maybe he;s being fussy after the needles? dunno, just guessing.. maybe they change the way they want to feed? it's hard not to get stressed isnt it, when you just want to attach properly and drink well and fill his tummy. i get stressed too, sometimes he keeps detaching, other times he chomps. i get a bit annoyed then i feel bad.

glad doni is back soon. can you go with him on trips? it might be a change for you and you wont hve to be alone. being alone is so full on.

Thanks girls. No He hasn't had any written warnings before. This is a 'first time offense' which is why I'm so mad. He has been working over and above for them at the expense of spending time with myself and Flynn. They have been paying him the wrong wage which they decide to fix the day they fired him! They are just a bunch of jerks who care more a $$ than their workers. DH saw the union guys about it and they reckon it's unfair dismissal. I have no idea what that really means tho SIGH!
    Shell Flynn was feeding like that around 5-6 weeks. I don't know why. He is pretty good now. I guess it's just something they do sometimes!
    Prama Well done on getting your BC. I hate how they can suddenly do it for you when you push them!
    GTG going out for dinner. Yay no dishes in my sink!!!
    Have a good night

Catherine, unfair dismissal means that they may have to reinstate him (although sometimes that is not in his best interest if they are ar$eholes) or pay him out for a period of time.
    I would be making sure that the pay issue is sorted out and if he has been asked to leave and not come back, they have to pay him for a period of time (it depends on how long he has been working there.) or allow him to work this time
    If he has the union involved though, hopefully they will sort it for him.
    Unfair dissmissal also means that he may need to take the case to VCAT.
    HTH - enjoy your dinner you sound likeyou deserve it tonight

Fussy at the boob can also be because of hormonal changes too - my friend could always tell when AF was coming as her little ones would pull off and on or sometimes refuse feeds even when they were hungry (the up side to this was she knew when it was coming)

Prama glad you got the Cert - we got our months ago (well thats an overstatement seeing MJ is only 2 months old - weeks is more like it )

catherine - enjoy your din din!! hope you;re going somewhere nice.

steve jsut showed me the BC. it was signed by the registrar on the 26th of April.. why didnt they send it out then????

shell - how did your appt w dr. wardena go?

SJ - dumb question - what does AF stand for?

Prama - glad the nurse was good and you can see that he is putting on weight in the right areas DJ still has chicken legs haha. Ob apt went really well and had my pap smear while I was there. He gave me script for mini pill and told me to get a follow-up gestational diabetes test to check that the diabetes is all cleared. Meant to make that appt today but forgot.....Will do tomorrow. My scar is all healed up so all good. Having probs settling DJ tonight, he has bad wind. arghhhh gave him some Donnalix to try and calm him down to sleep just keeps stiring but hopefully he will manage to sleep for a few hours so I can have a break.

Not sure how I will get through tonight since I am already so tired. I will attempt to get some sleep now, but don't think that will help since he keeps stiring.... arghhh just goes to show how much you depend on your husbands hey? I don't know how single mums cope, I find it hard when Doni is away......

Shell xxxx

Hi Prama - i had/have the same problem re: bf and Joshua putting on weight - to be honest its still ongoing. A paediatrician from Westmead Private said he was under weigh for his 6 week check up and since than its all gone down hill - hence why i was seeking mothers group around parra to talk to. The doc said to top him up with formula 30, 40, 60ml nothing concrete which i did occasionally when i thought he was more hungry - to be honest this totally stuffed me up and Joshua became more unsettled to the point where he was diagnosed by a mothercraft of having silent reflux...he wasnt sleeping during the day at night he wasnt too bad. Now i have changed docs and he made a good point by saying if your topping up (what ever amount) its actually weaning him of the boob. So now im just placing him on the boob whenever he is crying + his feed ie. feed, play feed sleep. Im increasing my feeds. Ive got a credited lactation consultant coming on Tuesday so hopefully she will help me...she also said that my using a nipple shield (which i do) doesnt decrease the milk supply which ive heard does. Anyway i can keep u posted ont his if you like.... im finding this very hard and stressful as i feel im always onthe boob and fearing whether he is getting enough. xx

shell - AF is aunty flow - your period.hehe
    glad your appt went well. did he say at the end, see you next time?
    i really do hope DJ settles, you havent had much sleep all night or all day. i hope he sleeps better tonight.

a question - how long do you girls plan to bf? 3mths is a huge milestone for me. i was thinking till 4mths, but since we are going to be overseas, his gp suggested bf-ing till we come back at 6mths so that he doesnt pick up anything. i grew in malaysia so i should have all the immunities.

hi ania.

thanks for your message. it's a good point about topping up and weaning. no one has told me that before. all the doctors, paed and lactation consultants have told me it's ok.
    i saw a private LC, she was ok but i found the Family Care LC in Parramatta fantastic. she's the best so far and she;s very caring and has a lot experience. it's free. i can give you the family care contact number to get an appt w Marilyn Jones if you like.
    sorry about Joshua having silent reflux, is tehre anything you or they have recommended to help him?

Hey Prama - im hoping to BF for at least 6 months if i can - depending on milk supplies and sore nipples.... i want to at least get through winter than im happy....just dont want him or me to get sick... my g/f who have had babies and bf said it does really help their immune system so the longer you can bf the better - especially in the long run.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast