Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

Kristale - Joshua is still on the small side as well. He was 5.4kg at his 4 month check. He's getting weighed again on Thursday so will be interesting to see if he's hit 6kg yet. But he's really filled out now and doesn't look so skinny, but he's still the smallest bub in our Mothers Group.

Wow at all your bubs trying solids! My MCN told me don't need to start until 6 months. But, I have a feeling when we go to the paed on Thursday, she will tell us to start solids. I'm not ready to yet! hehe. I'm going to hold off until the 6 months if I can, but on the other hand if it means he takes less formula and more milk from me with the solids, I'd prefer him to get the calories that way and I can put away the bottles.

We are working on reducing the FF top ups. This week we are down from 100mls to 80mls. I've been expressing like crazy so I hope my supply picks up soon and I can drop to maybe 60mls. It's so frustrating though that I'm useless at expressing so can only get 10-20mls at a time.

Well,hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

ETA: Jodi - just added you to facebook so if you're wondering who the latest friend request is, it's me!

Last edited by Laranna; September 21st, 2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: eta

Beck - I hope your dad is ok.

I'm the opposite of you ladies - I would KILL to get the chance to miss my DH. He works from home and while that might sound great to you ladies, especially when DHs are off on site, it is not all its cracked up to be when your DH is never more than a few metres away from you.

I haven't even considered starting solids with Elena yet. TBH its just more hassle, more preparation, more time in feeding that I just don't have at this point and so long as she is having some weight gain, even though she's still a tiny girl, I'm happy enough to put off the solids for as long as possible.

Hi girls.. Haven't been on here in ages..I lurk but rarely find the time to post!! Am addicted to facebook which doesn't help!
    Bek sorry to hear about your Dad, glad he is doing better, a pacemaker is a a much less limiting device these days, it should'nt restrict him much long term at all.
    Ava is pretty good, 6.42kgs at her 4month needles, all in her bum and legs!! I have started her on solids at the advice of paed due to reflux, she is also on losec medication for it too.
    She rolled for the first time back to tummy tonight!! She has not liked her back (with the reflux) for long until recently so it's great to see her moving around and enjoying it!!

Hope everyone is well.

Shez - Way to Go AVA on rolling! I'm still waiting for Joshua to start rolling but I think he'll be awhile. He's only just started to lift his head up when on his tummy and he doesn't like it very much!

afternoon girlies,
    don't have much to report today so am just lurking about.

WTG Shez on Ava rolling. Macey has doen it a few times from her back to belly but I think its been more a fluke with her arm beinng in the right place at the right time. qill be quite happy though if she plans on stayings till for a little longer as I remember with DS that once they start, they don;t stop and the toy pile just gets bigger & bigger!

I already seem to spend my day picking up after Harry so am scared to think what the house will be like when I have 2 of them on the move.

Question for you all; have ur bubs seme to have got worse over that arsenic hour (tea time period)? Macey is great during the day and thru the night but is a nightmare from 5-9pm most nights and seems to be getting worse. She won't sleep and really fusses with her BF but then also won't be cuddled by anyone else. As nice as it is to be wanted, it drives me crazy over tea time- and makes it especially hard if DH is on arvo shift and not home to help get tea ready. I've been trying a few different things over this time and seem to be having the most luck with this;
    5pm- feed
    5:30pm - 2tsp farax
    will then generally sleep after this but for only 35mins max (if I'm lucky)
    6:15pm floor time while we eat tea
    7pm- feed (if she'll have me, then I top up with 100mls Formula with no.1 teat to make it harder for her!)
    7:30-9- am stuck cuddling her on the couch as she just screams if anyone else tries to hold her. Can sometimes get to light sleep in my arms but wakes as soon as I put her down.
    9:30 final BF for the night- she always has a good feed here!
    10:30pm - BEDTIME!!!!!! I'm exhausted by this stage.

welcome any suggestions :-)

I don't know why, but I don't have an "arsenic" hour as such - maybe its because until recently the entire day was such a nightmare?? Elena is usually awake but playing around 5pm. Izzy has her dinner (sometimes us too) at about 6pm. 6.30pm is bath time for both the girls. 7pm out and a last play for Izzy. Bottles for both the girls and then DH puts Izzy to bed and reads her a story. Elena has fallen asleep on me by 7.45 pm and stays asleep when I put her down. She then wakes up between 10pm and midnight for a bottle, and again around 4am. She then sleeps until about 8am the next day. Pretty luck, although I'd love to be able to get rid of that 4am wake.

yeah I figured that its just not possible to have it all so I'd think I;d still choose the arsenic 3hrs and keep our sleep thru's.
    have had 3 nights in a row of both kids sleeping thru- has been heaven but I know it can't last forever :-)

We also dont have an arsenic hour Amelie is pretty good at this time and is in bed by 7pm but she does now cry a little when she goes in her cot but doesnt take to long to settle with some music. We then feed at 10:30pm and most nights she goes through till 7am but waking at 4am a bit but hoping the rice creal will eliminate this.
    My Dh is away for then next two nights then home for thursday then flys to Melbourne for the footy so we will be on our own till Sunday. I am dreading it sooo much that I think it makes it worse I shouldnt think about it so much. I know we will be fine and we are busy during the day it is just the nights when I look forward to him coming home.

hello, hello anyone out there today ????

I'm here but having heaps of problems getting onto to BB. I'll bbl once I've read all the previous posts.

ETA:
    Managed to read them all now.
    We won't be starting Emily on solids till 6 months at the least as well. Like Lulu, it's just too much of a hassle. Much easier to just feed her from me ATM.
    As for arsenic hour, we don't have that with Emily.
    Beck, my suggestion would be to give her some farex a little earlier than 5.30. Don't let her sleep at that time, instead try and keep her awake and give her a bath between 5.30-6pm. Then have a little play or read a book before bed.
    Our afternoon/night routine is:
    5.30 - bath
    6-6.30 - book, feed, then bed
    Her last sleep for the day is usually between 2-5.
    Hope that helps.

Gotta run, Emily is awake.
    Last edited by Visitor7; September 25th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

I'm here too but also having trouble loading pages.

We don't really have an arsenic hour either, sometimes DS takes a few good goes to settle but mostly there is not much long constant crying. Typing with one hand and feeding atm so will come back later with more on the sleep thing....

We are off for a check up at the paed this arvo.

With the sleep thing, we went to a program called Hush Baby run by local community health. It was pretty good in that I learnt some settling techniques and how to recognise tired signs such as yawning, clenched fists, jerky arms and legs, and grizzling. I try and catch DS at the very first sign like a yawn and he is much easier to settle. If I wait until he's all grizzly, then it takes a lot longer to settle him.

All went well at the paed. She is very happy with his progress, although she commented how his head size has jumped a couple of %ile curves. She isn't too concerned at the moment as she thinks it is just him catching up on everything. So, Josh is 5.85kg, 61cm long and HC 42.9. We go back in 6 weeks for another review as she wants to check his head again and also check his shoulder strength as he is still not pushing himself up or lifting his head much. If he's not better with that in 6 weeks then it's off to physio. Hopefully, he does improve as by then he'll be 6 months! (OMG where did the time go?!)

There was no mention of solids either so I was happy about that, not ready to give him solids yet. It's enough work breastfeeding, then a top up feed, washing, sterlising and expressing, let alone adding solids into the mix
    Hope everyone is well.

Did the paed suggest any tips you could try between now and 6 weeks time to help strength his head/neck muscles.
    5.85kg is great. He's a little shorty too.

I forgot to mention that I do give Emily a rusk with Vegemite on it. You should see her with it, she loves it. Whenever she sees me getting it ready, she goes nuts until she gets it. Very cute. I do have a pic of it which I'll load up when I get a chance. She has vegemite everywhere, lol.
    oh, and Nina gets really excited to think that 'bubby' is eating, lol. Whenever I give Emily a rusk, Nina sits down next to her and eats a bikkie with her.

Jodi, the paed said just to keep doing lots of tummy time. We do it quite alot, during his play time after feeds. So, probably 10 minutes 4 times a day plus after a bath when I do massage. She also said it was good to do the swimming.

I hope he gets taller when he's bigger, well at least taller than me (5'2") and his dad (5'9")!

That's so cute with Nina and Emily

Hi ladies

Good to hear from you Shez and that Ava is doing well..yay on the rolling!

Lulu- i couldnt stand if my DF was home everyday, we would drive each other insane!! i like that he goes to work everyday lol

Beckstar- I have noticed Jack is harder to get to sleep in the arvo around the 5 o 'clock mark , he will really fight going to sleep and cry for a little bit, then he will eventually take his dummy and go to sleep its so strange! but if hes really getting worked up ill give him a bath, then let him have some naked time on the floor (he loves it!) then hell have a bottle and then bed. hope its just a phase.

with the solids im just going by Jack once i see signs ill try but for now he seems happy enough with bottles. DD started at 4 1/2months as she was ready then.

Just a quick one to say that Amelie rolled for the first time on Tuesday from tummy to back! She has never made any attempts before so very exciting and I was right there to see it.

Jodi we gave Amelie a plain rusk today for the first and she loved licking it and trying to chew it. But still not keen on the rice cereal so I think I'll wait a bit longer to try again with that as she just kept spitting most of it out.

Way to go Amelie on the rolling!!

So jealous of all your bubbas rolling already!

hi guys,
    Great progress for Josh Laranna
    yaye Amelie on the rolling
    I'm with u blanche me DH at home would drive me nuts...
    How cute Emily with the rusk!! I had forgotten how early you can use them I will give Ava a go.
    We went to paed today for follow up on reflux.. He was really happy, chumba wumba is 7.05kg up 320 g in 3 weeks. She has solids twice a day he said to increase to 3 times.
    I hear you about solids being a pain!
    I ahve a real arsenic hour from about 7 til 11pm with oth girls.. neither like to go to bed early, but they do sleep in. I am a real night owl always have been so I think they learnt it in utero!!!
    Love and hugs to all

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast