Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008

Hi all,

LMK- Thanks, its been a while and i have been having withdrawls from BB... And thanks also- we think our baby girl is a cutie too... havent had time to check anyones gallery for pics of their bubs just yet- DP is on holidays so been busy making time for the kids and him aswell..

Also been doing some reno's with the house aswell... gosh alot to contend with at the moment. new house, new baby, tiling the floor...

HAving a bit of trouble with the breast feeding but hanging in there. have another GP appointment tomorrow just to check weight gain etc. hoping that she has put on weight will give me some reassurance.

Tiahna has an occasional spew- like the entire feed but like sarah H said its like every few days... my son used to projectile vmit after almost every feed and ended up being reflux. hoping Tiahna doesnt end up with it its horrible.

Best be off have to get some sleep while i can. so exhausted today

Woohoooooo, we have gained weight 4670gm, so he is now 185gm abouve her birth weight & has gained 350gm in 10 days Very happy & very relieved!

Sarah congrats on Juliettes weight gain you are certainly doing a wonderful job with the BFing.
    Jess you certainly are a busy lady. I hope you got some sleep in, its hard to function when you are sleep deprived.

Well we had a nice sleep in this morning. Liam fed at 5.30am and Jordan didnt come into my room till 7am and then we both fell asleep in my bed till 8am. IT WAS AWESOME. I feel 100% today
    Liam had a bit of awake time this morning whilst his nanny was here, he got up at 1.30 for feed and feel straight back asleep. He is grunting a little but he does that..... DH wants to put him into his own room as he kept him awake the other night... LOL it used to be me that heard it all with Jordan. I didnt hear any of that the other night.
    SO glad today is friday as means I have DH home for 3 days. I am coping on my own with the 2 boys however its nice to have him here to assist and to get me out of the house.
    I think I will start to drive in next week or so, dont think I can last the 6 weeks. Being house bound is driving me batty.
    Hope you have a nice afternoon and a cat nap if you need it
    XX

IKWYM about being house bound Deancy, it's driving me batty too! Though I haven't had Aaron back at work yet, he goes back Monday, so it's been a bit different here. I've actually organised two days next week for play dates so at least that's something.

Hi ladies

Sarah congrats on bubs weight!!!

I took abbey to get weighed today she now weighs 4260g ( 9 p and 6oz) she is a little fatty!!!!!!

Abbey sometimes has a little spew as well nothing too bad thankfully.

I have not downloaded any photo's yet have not had time to muck around with the program yet as we just got a new computer.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and plenty of sleep. Talk to you all soon
    Nikki

Yay on your little fatty Nikki!!

On the photo front, I have a blog for Juliette where I show off her photos - Juliette's Blog

Sarah her blog is great she is so cute. Also love your pregnancy Shots you look fabulous!!

Nikki

Hi Mummas,

Well i also had Tiahna weighed today- she's put on only 100grams in a week- Am on maxalon to increase my milk supply as i'm not maaking much milk- Tiahna sucks them dry... lol. Bit disapointing that my milk isnt coming through much but am sticking it out as i did with my first. Any suggestions will be great...
    Maybe i need to increase my water intake maybe????

Well Tiahna is now 3600g i guess 100 g gain is better then a loss in weight. hopefully the maxalon will help out with producing extra milk. -weird how a nausea tablet can assist with milk supply.

Well i think i may be a lucky- havent been house bound at all. have had DP home since Tiahna's birth and he has another weeks holiday. We've had plenty of outings went to the Gp's today and caught up with a GF. her little boy is 2 months- gosh he's grown, she kept saying how small Tiahna was but her little boy was actually smaller then her st birth. its easy to forget how little they start off.

Deancey- yeah been busy but it help me deal with the tiredness. although i was at the GP today and have been diagnosed with phsorisis (spl)??? its a skin condition like dirmatitis but once you get it you have it forever- there is no cure just treatment. its caused by stress- although i dont feel stressed that much- my mum has it and got it after she had me- bubs #2 its genetic. so not a good day for me. so now i have to deal with post baby body and itchy skin. GREAT!!!

Sarah- Juliette's blog is great she's a cutie!!! also YAY on the weight gain

i know i must have missed HEAPS while i was away but i wonder where the rest of the girls are??? I'll have to go back and read up on what i missed. Did they have their bubs before the 16th or something????

well tonight Liam has been mega unsettled. He woke for his 5.30 feed but hasnt slept in his cradle since, he will only sleep in our arms and then wake as soon as you put him down. I have fed him again, a little earlier than planned in hope he will settle. He has been up once so far, I am hoping he will stay asleep now till atleast 1.00am.
    Jordan has been getting out of bed too tonight which has made it difficult. I am hoping the night will get better not worse, fingers crossed

Jess bugger about the itchy skin, lets hope the treatment helps. Weight gain is a good thing even if not as much as they would like. If Tiahna is happy I wouldnt stress too much. I try drink a fair bit of water to help with milk supply. I was also advised fenugrek tablets are good for increasing supply, you can get them from chemist.

night all, lets hope it comes with some good sleep

hi ladies.... i just found this thread and would love to join in....

Name : Lily Madison
    Date : 16/5/08
    Weight : 5lbs 14oz (2670g)
    Length : 47cm
    Head : 33 cm
    How:- 36 + 4 weeks, natural birth with gas
    Feeding: Breast
    Other details : very quick labour, 6 hours from waters breaking to being born... trouble breathing then jaundice, all is going well now.

justa quick one tonight - Lily is very troubled, won't sleep in her cot.... think i need to assess my diet also.... great tips thanks.

will write more soon.... she's crying again
    Al

Gosh Deancey, sounds like a rough night I hope it gets better for you & the two little men in your house give you some decent sleep.

Aww Jess, sorry to hear you are struggling with your milk supply. Have you tried the aktivite recipe in the breastfeeding forum, apparenty it's brilliant for increasing supply -

Ingredients:
    1 cup skim milk powder
    1 cup Activite
    1 litre Milk

Method:
    Mix all ingredients together in a Blender (or with a bar mix) until well combined.

Consumption:
    Drink one large glass in the morning then drink as required throughout the day. Three Days should be enough to have your milk flowing like there is no tomorrow.

jess: i know wat u mean about itchy. i ended up with prurutuc urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (puppps) it is a rash that covered my whole body and was crazy itchy. there was nothign they could do to make it go away i just had to wait it out. i still have a slight rash and it i still itchy. they said it could take up to 3 weeks to go away. jayda is 4 weeks on monday so i hope it goes away soon lol. my mum gets wat u have, from stress aswell. she used to have this cream it was like silicon when she put it on but it worked really well (ill ask her wat it i if u want) and she uses the t gel shampoo cause she has it in her head and it helps too.

on a personal note. has anyone dtd yet? does anyone want to?
    I have been sooooo in the mood lol. but i am i scared and i am still bleeding so that is a bit of a put off too.

Oh Sassy I feel fr you still having PUPPPS, mine was easing just before birth & was completely gone the day after Juliette was born. It was just horrific for the 8-9 weeks before though! have you been putting aloe vera on it? I found that to be the only thing that helped.

As for DTD, I want to, but am apprehensive. My lochia is barely there now (YAY!) but I'm concerned about pressure on my c/ scar & also infection etc, so will wait until after my 6 week appointment.

Had a really late night last night so I am exhausted today. Juliette was asleep by 10.30pm but we had friends over so I was up until 1am. I think a nanna nap is in order today!

Hi Mummas,

First off- thanks for the tips on increasing the milk supply. Sarah- the milk shake thing sounds much more tastier then the water... lol i'm struggling to drink the water ATM.

Sass- Yeah my mum has it aswell.. they say its genetic worst part is once you get it your stuck with it for life. there are creams but they only maintain it not get rid of it. I only have a mild case ATM but the more you scratch it or the more stressed you get the worse it becomes and it can spread. SO no scratching or stressing for me... hehehe

As for DTD- Tiahna is only 17 days old and i was wanting to dtd a few days after... am scared but my libido is on overdrive as is DP's he's been harassing me since Tiahna was born.

Have to wait till the 6 week mark though i think????

Well got my tatoo done last night- once the puffing and redness has gone i'll post a pic. i got the kids names and DOB's done under my butterfly

Hi everyone. Was a bit lazy changing over from the pregnant buddies to the 'had the baby now' buddies.

Alexandra Grace was born on 31 May 2008.
    3.17kg and 50cm (if I remember correctly)
    Lost 10% in the first few days and had pretty bad jaundice but eventually breastmilk was free flowing and Billy Ruben (her nick name for a few days) return to being Alexandra Grace.
    Now she is at about 3.3kg and 51cm. Sleeping well btw feeds but still gets them regularly (around 3-4 during the night unfortunately).
    DW going well.

I haven't gone through all the previous posts, but will try to do so before we switch to a new thread #.

Congrats to all!

Hi Everyone,

Just found this thread and would love to join in. Firstly congrats on all your beautiful babies. I've read through your posts and it sounds like everyone is doing very well and all the bubs are packing on the weight!

As you will see from my signature, Aidan was born at 35w1d. He was EDD was June 21 so he's not even due yet! Having said that I was booked for an elective C/S on June 11. Aidan was in a very big hurry to enter the world. He was born via VB as it was too late for a C/S when I got to hosp - I had only 3hrs 40mins labour. My DH was away for the night at a bucks party so I drove myself to hosp - only to find out when I got there that I was fully dilated. Anyway I've got my full story in birth stories.

NAME: Aidan Darcy
    DATE: May 18
    WEIGHT: 2420g (6lb5oz)
    LENGTH: 48cm
    HEAD: 32.5cm
    OTHER DETAILS: Aidan was born via surprise VB at 35w1d. He was in SCN until 36w3d when we took him home.

We were very lucky with Aidan. He LOVED his boobie from 35w2d. He never scored less than a 5 for his feeds - amazing. He's still small but gaining fast. He was weighed at his paediatrician last Tues and has put on 600g in 2 weeks - he now weighs 3050g (6lb11oz). He's also added 2cm in length and 2cm to his head. We'll weigh again on Tues.

Like most of you Aidan is feeding every 3-4hrs. I'm very interested if any of you guys have any tips for getting him to go longer through the night. Friends of mine have tried decreasing the time between feeds during the day....not sure if it worked. Suggestions anyone?

Hope you've all had a great weekend.

Hi ladies

welcome Principessa and congrats on Aidens arrival, he was eager to arrive wasnt he. I have no clue on how to get bubs to go longer at night, I figure they just do it on their own.'

welcome Oldmate and congrats on Alexandras arrival.3-4 hrs in between feeds is pretty normal for this age so looks as though you are going a great job.

Jess cant wait to see pics of your tattoo. I am such a sook. I couldnt have blood taken without DH holding my hand I would be useless getting a tattoo done.

Sarah hope you get an early night tonight. As for DTD with scar I would just take it easy, prob be on bottom so you dont have to move much (LOL lazy I know) that way you arent stretching it in anyway

Sassy we ended up DTD yesterday. I had c section though so dont have any issues with tearing down there. It was a bit painful, tighter than usual, however we took it slow so was good. I think you have to see how you feel, try it out and just take it slow.

Well Liam has been good, we took him out to tea last night for friends 30th. I had to BF at the dinner table but was ok as I put blanket over both of us. He fell asleep in my arms so was no problem. We put him into his own room yesterday as DH said he was too noisy when he sleeps. He did really well in his room so think we might leave him there, unless he is having a really unsettled night.
    We are having relos over for tea tonigt with their newborn, born 3 weeks before Liam.
    Take care everyone and hope you all get a nice night sleep in
    XX

Hi to all the newbies, gosh now i have to familiarise myself with everyone in the thread now, had gotton used to everyone in our preg thread now its all changed, some have gone but newbies are hear to replace them... LOVE getting to know people.

In the process of making a chart of everyone so i know who is who and a bit of a bio.

principessa76- I have tried a few things but it seems to be a bit of a hit and miss... Cant control it ATM... Tiahna sleeps really well diring the day and can last 4-5 hours between feeds but at night some nights she can wake up 3-4 times for a feed... I have tried keeping her awake more during the day- letting her cry a little longer when she wakes up for a feed, feeding her for 10 mins and stopping giving her some time on the play mat then feeding again for another 10 mins... Its a bit of a hassle to stop and start but last night i feed her at 9.30-10pm chanhged her nappy and gave her the other side and she slept til 3am. then took me ages to het her to sleep after her feed buit when she finally went to sleep 4.30 she slept til 8am. Think its just trial and error?

Deancey- i'm the biggest sook when it comes to needles... a tattoo isnt like an injection its like small pinching. the worst part of it was the smaller needle for the DOB's

And YAY on DTD... DP and i are hanging out... have been told after a VB you have to wait for the 6 weeek mark...

HAd my first B/F in front of people last night.. was weird and uncomfy at first but i covered with a cloth nappy as some people find it uncomfy aswell... thought i did pritty well... will see how we go the next time... think i'm more uncomfortable about it then others... As for the milk supply the maxalon doesnt appear to be doing much but GP said it would take few days... will give the milk tip that sarah suggested a go and hopefully i'll be set... would hate it if i couldnt feed anymore... i love the b/f

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast