Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008

Mecil I hear ya on the 2 hourly feeds, we're doing the same too. The only consolation is that she sleeps for 4-5 hours overnight in two stints from 10pm. Otherwise there's 2 hours from the end of one feed to the beginning of the next, makes it hard because after burping & settling etc I only have an hour between feeds to get anything done. With Aaron back at work this week it's been a challenge.

Flying through breast pads here as well, I've been using Rit Aid ones too, but have to get to the post office to pick up my new Mazalicious cloth ones. I already have two pairs & they are awesome. We actually had a spraying incident yesterday morning, our first!! Juliette was feeding & pulled off for some reason. I loked down & though there was a loose thread from her clothes on her face then realise, nope it was a stream of BM LOL!

Hi all, well had my first outing today with both Jordan and Tiahna on my own... things went ok- Jordan was misbehaving but i handled it well i thought. we did the grocery shopping- i told DP i needed to try it out on my own to see how things went. Think i took a bit long as tiahna got a bit stroppy towards then end- feed before i left but didnt last long enough... Next time i know to make it quick or feed while shopping. still havent managed to get that down pat (feeding while puching a trolley round... LOL)

Well just a quickie from me- the boys are whinging their hungry already so might start an early dinner for once. lately its been like 7.30 8pm dinners and staying up till 10.30-11pm... hopefully we can all get an early night.

Chat later

Smile

Hi mummies

Well glad some of you were having issues with the bb site i thought it was my computer. And may i say I take my hat off to those who have dtd already I find myself getting in the mood again after months of abstaining and then yesterday i realised that I could still see my stitches and very quickly the mood was gone....how long does it take dissolvable stitches to dissolve???? It is 3 weeks already. And are you ladies using conctraception?? well I have to ask, im not really sure which road to go down so im saving it for my 6 week doc appointment.

Today was my first successful shopping trip with Em strapped into her baby bjorn, she did really well and slept for an hour and half, but sadly has pretty much screamed most of the afternoon...which broke me. I really just dont know what to do, when she goes off...I think it was tiredness and she wants to be held. Have you ladies got any ideas that have actually worked.

Sarah - we have the same overnight feeding pattern, I am trying to not complain during the day as I am getting 10-2, then 4-6 sleep intervals at night which is pretty good.

Jess - congrats on the big day out I had the same thing and ended up feeding Emma in the carpark as she went stereo as I got to the check out. Must shop quicker next time. And thanks for the senna tabs someone else mentioned them to me so i'll get some tomorrow

Principessa - glad your little man is putting on weight nicely.

Hope everyone is doing well, I had better make tea while she is quiet, have a great evening
    Lis XX

ABC&R Guest

Hey everyone

I'm new to the forum. My name's Alyce and I had my second beatiful little bron on the 22nd May. Would love to chat more to other mum's with bubs the same age.

Alyce xo

Jess it sounds like our house here as well, dinners are quite late compared to normal. I suppose once we get used to two babies it'll all fall into place. Sounds like you went well on your outing, I still haven't had one on our own yet. Bring on the 1st of July when I can drive again!!

Sorry to hear Emma is a bit unsettled of an afternoon. I go through a series of things to figure out what's wrong - hungry? wet/dirty nappy? tired? wind? If it's wind try pushing her legs up to her belly gently & doing bike/running movements with them as it can help get the wind out. If she's tired & likes the baby bjorn, stick her in that at home as well, can't hurt! Remember though most bubs have a restless time during the day (and a restless day), so it's a matter of just trying to help he calm down.

Hi Alyce, welcome to BB & our little thrread! So what do you have a little boy or girl? I have 3 year old Alexzander (Zander) and little miss Juliette who was born on the 17th of May ope to get to know you better!

Talking Sorry - just a quick one from me!

Sorry, taken me a little while to come across and say hi from the belly buddies thread.

SO HERE IT IS - HELLO MAY MUMMIES! And hello to all newbies!

My DS#2 was born 31 May 2008 so we just squeeze in here! DS#1 is 2 y.o - he adores his little brother but has recently decided he also likes to poke him in the eyes. (GRRRRRRR!!!!)

Sorry I am not able to catch- up on all the goss! DS#1 wants to get out of bed and will chuck a HUGE TANTIE if he sees me on the computer. Plus we have a bodgy internet connection which is a bit slow and doesn't always work Maybe we should buy a new computer with the BB and finally get broadband!!!

Hope to get to know you all better soon!

TICKLISH

Morning all!
    Welcome Alyce! I got me a 22nd baby too - congratulations!

So I obviously didn't get my sleep-in this morning. blah... oh well. I can't complain. I get to have breakfast and drink my cuppa and maybe brush my hair and get dressed before midday for a change! Haha, that makes me sound SO slack, doesn't it? And I don't even care! Bless you ladies with toddlers and older kids as well - where do you find the energy and hours in the day??

I've decided I'm going back to using the Pigeon breast pads, after waking up to a Rite Aid puddle in my pjs this morning just half an hour after changing it. Yuk. I know the Pigeon ones are more expensive, but they just work better. I would prefer to use cloth ones, I did buy some, and I have issues with using any of these disposable things (the nappies were bad enough) but I just seem to be gushing milk uncontrollably!! Squirting?? ha! I could write my name on the shower screen in milk if I put my mind to it! TMI??
    Poor Aadi gets a milk face wash every other day...

Anyway, that's my vent for today. I'm off to the GP to get Aadi's third dose of vitamin K. He had it yesterday, but the little darling spat the whole lot out and then gave me the sweetest smile. Gorgeous, but frustrating. At least it's an opportunity for me to show off the great ring sling I made!
    Have a great day everyone.
    NaNa

Hi everyone
    I also use rite aid breast pads although i rarely leak at all, ds is feeding every 2 hours during the day at the moment but at before bed he wants to feed every hour or so, it seems i cant fill him up so we have been topping him up at night with one bottle. It seems to be working ok, i had the same trouble with my dd seems that i just dont have enough milk maybe.

Welcome ticklish and abc&r will be good to get to know you both.

It was my birthday yesterday (35) oh i feel it too at the moment. Anyway we were out nearly for the entire day and night, i cant believe how good hamish was, i was definetley suprised as to be honest i was a little nervous venturing out without dp to help. It was a great day my mum and sis took me shopping for some new clothes a gift from them and we went out for lunch, which was so nice as i was getting sick of being house bound. Dp bought me a beautiful gold bracelet, voucher for a hairdressers and a voucher at day spa. Now i just need time to go, i certainly have plenty of people putting there hands up to babysit, so i guess i need to get the expressing organised asap. We are going out for dinner tonight with family and friends so i hope everything goes as smoothly.

Sorry about no personals will try get back later to do them.

Morning all- well had an ok night last night. Tiahna was fed at 9.30 and finnished her feed at 10.15 after she fiddled around. Then woke up at 3.30am then 5am then 8.30she's been a bit spewy this morning but i have noticed the last 2 days she's getting more and more alert. Today she's facinated by her hands making noises. Its great... My son wasnt this alert at this age and as for the making noises appart from crying he was very slow at the chooing noises. he was more of a grunter... lol

Well jordan is a preschool today so hopefully i can have a relax day- DP back to work tomorrow. We'll see how we go. The real test will start then.

Quick question- probably TMI*** how long does the bleeding last- its been 3 weeks and i still am only lightly. I dont remember from the last time???

thought i'd add the list i have of everyone in our group... Please let me know of any details i need to add or anyone i have misses... Sorry if i have missed anyone

16th Alicia K Bubs: Lily Madison
    5lbs 14oz (2670g) 47cm long H/C 33cm
    Very quick labour, 6 hours from waters breaking to being born... trouble breathing then jaundice, all is going well now. 36 + 4 weeks, natural birth with gas Breast

16th Mecil Zali Anne
    8lb 13oz (4009g) 54cm long HC 37cm. Caesarean as she was breech. Great baby, sleeps well and only crys for short time when she is hungry or has wind.
    17th LMK Abbie
    7 p 7 oz 54cm long natural birth Is a great sleeper and boobie feeding like there is no tomorrow.
    17th Sarah H Bubs: Juliette Catherine
    9lb 14oz(4485gm) 54cm long H/C 36cm Emergency c/s Breast
    18th Principessa Bubs: Aidan Darcy
    2420g (6lb5oz) 48cm long H/C 32.5cm
    He was in SCN until 36w3d when we took him home. Born via surprise VB at 35w1d Breast

19th Sassy Bubs: Jayda Belle
    7lbs 12 50cm long H/C 34.5cm
    Red marks in the eyes. Was blue when she came out from the cord being around her neck.

21st Deancey Bubs: Liam Joshua
    9lbs 1 (4.160 K) 35.5 cm 37 cm
    Tongue tie ( although not affecting feeding) Election c section

22nd NaNa Bubs: Aadi Armel
    3544g 48cm long H/C 35cm
    Mongolian blue spots on his bottom and thigh (common in dark-skinned babies Natural

29th Abb34 Bubs: Hamish George
    8lbs 4 (3720g) 49cm long H/C 34.5cm Natural Delivery Breast
    29th Jess Bubs: Tiahna Imogen
    7lbs 3 (3250g) 51.5cm long H/C 33cm
    Birthmark- pressure point (light but noticeable between her eyes poor baby) also hemorrhages in the eyes from coming out too quickly Induced with Gel 41.5 weeks
    2 h 16 labour from time gel went in. Gas only in last 10 mins Breast

29th Lismith25 Bubs: Emma Frances
    2.95kg (6lb9oz) 49cm long H/C 32cm Induced after 11 days, 15 hour labour.Breast
    31st Oldmate Bubs: Alexandra Grace
    3.17kg 50cm long Jaundice at birth breast
    Last edited by Je$$_84; June 21st, 2008 at 03:28 PM.

ABC&R Guest

Hey,

I had a little boy and we named him Riley. I also have a 14 month old son called Connor. what do you all have?

Riley was born at 12:24pm after 3 hours labour. Weighed 2750 grams (6 pound 1), 49cm long.

Jess i had hamish the same day as you had Tiahna and i am still bleeding also but only very very lightly so i presume it will finish for me in the next day or so (tmi). I cannot remember how long it lasted the last time for me either.

Hi Just wondering if I can join in? My little girl Kate Elizabeth was born two weeks early on the 20/05.
    She is doing really well and feeds a little too good! (she put on over 500g last week!)
    Night time is not too bad as she normally goes at least 4 hours but has done 6.
    Last night however she had wind so was up from 2 til 5 so am quite tied today and no chance to rest as I have a ds who is 2 and a half!
    Anyway I look forward to getting to know everyone and share ideas on our little bubs!
    cheers
    cherie

cherie and ABC&R hi and welcome,

If you let me know your details i can add them to our list so everyone knows who is in our little group.

Abb34- Thanks for answering my q's i know its a bit TMI... i was just wondering as my loss has been light for over a week- only using liners but its still there- just annoying IYKWIM... Thought i's finnish up few days ago but nope still there... thought it was taking a while to stop... Glad to hear that its kinda normal... thanks...

Also i missed a welcome before from ticklish- hi and welcome... i think you were in our belly buddy group at the begining???? glad to see everything went well...

Hi Ladies

Welcome to the newbies, this thread is really starting to liven up now and it is getting hard to keep track of personals.... I will do my best.

Jess - I had a girl named Zali Anne, weighed 8lb 13oz or 4009grms, 54cm long and HC 37cm. Had Caesarean as she was breech, born on the 16th of May at 3:16pm. Great baby, sleeps well and only crys for short time when she is hungry or has wind.

Jess it is really cute when they make little goo goo ga ga noises hey! I just love it when Zali is awake and tells me stories with her face expresions and noises she makes.... so so cute.

Abb34 Happy birthday for yesterday!! I hope you had a wonderful day. It is my birthday tomorrow so you must be a Gemini too! Good people we are!

NaNa you and I have a similar routine where we have bubs in bed with us till bout 10ish, so I know what you mean about the do your hair, get dressed before lunch thing, but hey who cares.... don't have anything else I would rather do. Snuggling with bub is my fav part of the day. I lay on my back and she sleeps on her tummy with her head on my boobs like a pillow.

Princepessa - Zali used to want to play for 2 hours from 3-5am in the first 2 weeks, I started just picking her up but not talking to her, and just snuggled her till she fell back asleep, this way she knew it was not play time, she now sleeps through with no issues, worth a try if you want to break that habit.

Lis - Zali sometimes goes through an afternoon unsettled period where I cannot put her down, she seems to scream for no reason, so I take her for a walk around the house to distract her from the screaming fit which seems to work. Also I sit her up in the corner of the couch which she loves and also seems to calm her down.

My bleeding is still there every now and then, just spotting but so annoying (sorry TMI) is anyone else still having this issue, it has now been 5 weeks!!! I am going for my 6 week check up on the 2nd of July so hopefully all stopped by then!

I still have thrush in my nipples despite using Daktarin on them twice a day and using Canesten wash for our clothes to avoid reinfection. I have started giving Zali Nilstat drops to fix her mouth thrush however EVERY time I give it to her she vomits, so I have stopped. Has anyone else used Nilstat and did you have this issue?? Her poo was also mostly yellow but had some GREEN in it??? Not sure what is going on there.

Still not DTD as too scared to try! So painful the 2 times I have tried, will wait for the 6 week check up and go from there.

Sorry if I missed anyone, will try to catch up next time.

Cheers Mecil

Morning all-

Mecil - jut added your details to the list- cant believe i missed you... Sorry...

Also as you said the cute little noises bubs makes are just adorable. I could listen to her all day... so different from my son who just used to grunt all the time...

Also i wish i could have a sleep til 10ish with bubs next to me... DS is always up anywhere from 6-7.30 at the latest.

Well DP was back at work this morning. Unfortunatley Tiahna must have known her daddy needed his sleep and decided she's cry for 2 hours while i tried everything to settle her down. I gave her drops for the colic- she appeared to be in pain- this made her scream more (so much for pleasant taste babies will love) she drank me dry so i tried to offer her a bottle- didnt want a bar to is... spatt it out and everywhere.

Tried a dummy- all 10 that i have brought but she doesnt like any of them.... Tried rocking her, patting her- little bouncing. I tried music, rubbing her tummy, was told when there colicy to slowly lift their legs and do like a little bike riding excercise thing- didnt work... In the end she wore herself out i think. i wrapped her up tight and just held her close gave her the boob- although super sore from her sucking like crazy and nothing comming out but it was enough to settle her down after the 2 hours...

Cant wait for my breast pump to get here so i can try to express milk throughout the day to increase my supply hopefully- i'd hate for that to happen again- she just doesnt like the formula milk every time i have tried. Maybe if i have to supp feed later i'll have to try a different formula??? but hoping i can breast feed as long as possible... I brought a double pump off ebay- cherub brand??? not sure if there anygood got it for $87. which seemed cheap compared to single electric ones at the shops??? Would love to give BM or EBM as long as my body can make it.

Also- kinda of a YUK topic but how many poo's do your babies do??? Tiahna is lucky if she does one every 2-3 days...went 4 days before the last one which was thursday morning. She has plenty of wet nappies and the last week or so my milk has been squirting out at her face when she spits it out (probably comming ouit too fast) so i know she's getting some milk i hear her gulping it down

Hey Ladies

Sorry i have been mia for a week or so. I did come in one day last week but the server kept going down and lost my post and i did not have enough time to retype it again.

Been so busy birthday parties after birthday parties here at the moment and another one next week.

Welcome to all the newbies and the oldies returning from the due date club.

Jess you missed me on your list Abbie was born on the 17th of may 7 p 7 oz natural birth 54cm long Is a great sleeper and boobie feeding like there is no tomorrow.

Abbie has been a bit unsettled at the moment but i think that her appetite is increasing and she is just waiting for my milk to increase as well. Is anyone else finding this at the moment?

Hope everyone is doing well and i will be back next week some more.

Nikki

Hi all-

Nikki- so sorry i missed little Abbie on the list... Have added it now... ite unsettled last night and today also... think she's getting more hungry and my supply just isnt keeping up at the moment.

So cold and windy this arfternoon. Bathed Tiahna this morning as it was looking like a nice warmish day. Ahe has developed what appear to be neonatal acne... Poor thing is covered in pimples all over her face and head... It looks horrible but i know it will disappear within the next few weeks...

Tried to do some cleaning up as it was my first day all alone with the kids... Had to use the carrier as Tiahna is so unsettled she wont sleep and just wants cuddles... Did the vacuming and most of the washing thankfully

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast