Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #27

Afternoon girls, well the weather here is foul! I am still in my pjs and so is Riley! we just got up from an afternoon nap.
    Tania- how is the house hunting going? (or the convincing Chris that you need to move?) House prices seem to have gone up everywhere don't they? At this rate we'll rent forever.
    BTW I love your long posts and read them all.
    Vic- Riley is very loud but just with noises and babbling not really words, he likes to get everyone's attention (Erin is pretty demanding so he competes with her) Its interesting the differences birth order makes isn't it? He finds Erin very amusing and likes playing with her but she gets too much for him at times, he sees Jess as more of another adult I think.
    Lea- all ready for prac? Your life sounds so busy I don't know how you do it all! How often do you have Emerson's half brother?
    Leanne- hope you are enjoying this mid week break and are feeling a bit better.
    Kim- email me your address and I can send you the bar codes, might be going out to Emu Plains soon to visit my grandmother's grave so maybe we could meet up.
    Better go and get dressed my SIL is popping in with my niece. I love lazy days!

Just popping in to report on Saira. Just stopping in for 5 minutes then heading out again - a busy public holiday here Em is asleep in the car and I will pay for that later when he's awake till midnight

She's still in hospital but Brent is home YAY! Its def irritable uterus but bubs is fine - weighing 2 pounds and the cervix is closed. She's keeping me updated so when I hear from her I'll let you know!

Gotta run!

hi girls.

Thanks Nat for the updates on Sara. Sara - thinking of you.

Just dropping in quickly. Katy's been in a grumpy, clingy, cryey mood all day. grr. MUST BE TEETH. She's off her bottles and her food. She just had stewed pears for dinner, and she's usually into everything.

Anyway, had a shocker of a day. Went to the movies with Mark. Cousin looked after KAty. We were half way there when I realised hadn't packed nappies. What the? No shops open of course so had to go home. Then when driving to the movies missed a turn off on the M7 and ended up on the M2. Got to the movies 5 mins before its start time and the line is like kms long. I left DH in the line while I went to the ATM to get some $$ for the candy bar (love the choc top ice creams!!!). So anyway, the ATM chewed up my card and rebooted itself. So no card, and no money. GRR.
    Finally got into to see the movie (Wild Hogs - very funny BTW), so it calmed down from there.

What a day.

Well grumpy pants is at it again, so better go see what the go is.
    might BBL.

Gees Leanne! Did you run over a chinaman? Glad the movie was good though - would love to see that.

Thanks Nat, good to hear she's OK.

I never even thought of ebay Shazz

Well I sold my car today. I'm a bit sad. We got $500 less than I wanted, but that's not why. It is the first new car I bought for myself. We'll manage with 1 and a half cars for a while until we save a bit of money (lancer profits are going towards current debts). We do have an old Holden, but I'm not strong enough to drive it, it chews fuel and it's too good to leave outside the police station when pooheads can see a policeman gets out of it IYKWIM.

We also sold our aviary and that went today. So we had a good day, but the weather here is for ducks!
    Got a thousand things to do since velcro child went to sleep so BB in a little while if anyone's around.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; April 25th, 2007 at 07:42 PM.

Christine: Chris wants a new house too but he is much more patient than I am, once I get an idea in my head I run with it and don’t stop til I get what I want haha not always a good thing!! I figure houses are going to continue to rise so best we get in now before its too late. I always thought we were going to rent for the rest of our lives but we did it……even though we had to move states to be able to, I couldn’t image trying to go for a home loan in Melb or Syd. YAY for your lazy day….I haven’t had one of those in AGES!!!!

Nat: That is great news that Brent is with her and great news that bub is staying put for now!! I hope you and Em had a great (busy day) and he sleep well for you tonight !!

Leanne: OMG you are having a bad run lately….good to hear you enjoyed the movie though, I was going to see Wild Hogs last night but we went out for dinner instead

Kim: Must be sad seeing you first car go!! But great you got nearly the expected $$ for it!! My first car I paid for went up in smoke unfortunately!!! It was stolen while I was shopping (where else would I be?? Hehe) Even worse it wasn’t insured and got nothing for it other than a $30 bill to have it taken away!!

A friend of mine was telling me her DD is cutting 3 or 4 teeth at once (she’s 14/15mths old) I couldn’t believe it……Until I looked inside Jayden’s mouth and he has 3 little white bits that are about to cut through too!!! I discovered another tooth (3rd one) that had cut on Monday night which was the top one next to where his 2 front ones will be and now I can see the whites of his 2 front ones and the other side next to the 2 front ones……He’s one teething machine ATM!! Other than teeth, he is starting to walk better though still prefers to crawl. Anytime he sees a dog or mention dog (or our dogs names) he says “woof woof” but then he also says that when he sees a cat LOL. He had his first steer of a boat this afternoon….it wasn’t in water and it was on the trailer but he thought he was so clever!!

Well going to try for an early night tonight, Chris is out playing squash and Jayden has been in bed since 7.15pm, I just have some dishes to do and dinner to put away and then straight into bed. I am still coughing heaps but everything else is pretty much all good now, except I still lose my voice if I talk too much haha. Nighty night girls.

Kim- Erin wants to know if its rude to call police, cops? Its been bothering her all week and she keeps asking me to ask you LOL

Not at all Erin, but thanks for thinking of us! We use it oureslves in conversation all the time.

Jodie259 Guest

Hi girls... Just popping in to say a quick hi.
    It's sad to hear that Sara is having a hard time, but I'm glad that she's getting the care she needs in hospital. I'm sure everything will be okay Sara. We're all thinking about you!!

I'm still suffering really bad 'all day' sickness. Not actual vomiting (much)... but all day nausea. And absolutely no energy at all. And it's all catch 22. I don't feel like eating because (1) I'm not hungry and (2) scared to throw it up. But without food, I don't have much energy. I've been living on soup & icypoles during the day time. Then bigger meals at night. Yariv has been a sweetheart. And my stepmum who has done all my ironing!

I'm just having problems breathing at the moment. I got this late in my 1st pregnancy... but now I'm a little worried. I had a heap of thyroid tests last time, and it wasn't that. I'm seeing the ob next Wednesday... don't know if he can shed any light on it. It's probably my excess weight.

tania: my mum's call didn't stress me out too much, and no - I didn't tell her I was pregnant. Will wait until the end. Don't need the extra stress now.

Sorry I can't do personals girls. But reading all the posts. I love the longs posts too!!!!!!! And I read all of them.

Hope you all had a nice Anzac Day (gosh it feels like a weekend).

Jodie259 Guest

wow... it's 1:23pm and no-one else has posted in here since 9:48pm yesterday!!!
    Where is everyone??

Although I still can't breath really well, I have read my bible (What to expect when you're expecting) - and it says that breathlessness is "normal" due to hormonal changes... usually the 2nd trimester though. I guess that means my hormones are running amock now. Don't think the doc will be able to help me with it, but I'll mention it to him.

Today is the first day that I have felt half human too. Maybe two glasses of milk before going to bed, and sleeping with my feet up in the air helped???

Bank phoned me today and said he will give me an answer tomorrow as to how much they will lend us.
    And I made payment to the business broker, so hopefully we can get the salon on the market to sell.

Well, I'm only 8 weeks pregnant, and I'm back into maternity clothes. My tummy has really popped out - although I'm barely eating They say that happens with 2nd children... I feel/look like I'm 6 months!

It has been quiet in here hey? Must be the public holiday effect!!

Sara will probably be in for another night but bubs is fine and so is she!

Jodie ~ Things really seem to be on the move with all the banking stuff happening hey? How exciting! LOL @ being back in maternity clothes you lucky thing!! I hope that breathlessness eases up for you soon!

Kim ~ I was gonna post your letter tonight but its ****ing down with rain lol so I will post it tomorrow! That is fantastic that you sold your car and aviary in one day! I’m sure that will help heaps! Still sad though!

Leanne ~ OMG @ your day! I would have been ready to scream!!!

Christine ~ I don’t know how I fit it all in sometimes either!! I think I’m ready for pracs… lol. We have a lecture before hand so hopefully that will put most of my questions to rest! I’m mostly concerned about what I’m going to wear lol

Shazz ~ OMG I cannot believe you can buy the barcodes off Ebay! How much are they out of interest?

Tania ~ OMG @ Jayden being a teething machine!! How impressive! I hope you got that early night in the end!

I am so glad people like the big posts lol Well not much about us today because I have to go and eat my curry for dinner, pick Em up and then head to work! We have to do the grocery shopping tomorrow and meet some friends as well! Ooops just remembered that I need to chuck things in the dryer… gotta run!!! Sorry to those I missed…

I can’t believe how quiet its been in here!!

Jodie: You poor thing having all that M/S………Great you have felt better today though, hopefully its easing up. I had it from 6-12wks almost to the day I reckon haha but only actually vomited twice. Hope your breathing gets better too!! Did you have to go into the bank to sort out loans etc? I have to do it but I have no time to go to the bank!!

Nat: No I didn’t get an early night, I started to do the dishes then when I finished that I tidied up Jayden’s toys, then thought I may as well wait for the dryer to finish so I can iron my work clothes and put Chris’s work clothes in the dryer…..so in the end it was nearly 11pm before I went to bed  But I’m trying for an early one tonight haha. What a busy night you have and a busy day tomorrow!!

Its great to know everyone likes long posts, I think I am almost incapable of doing anything but LOL…You could imagine how much I talk IRL!!
    Jayden’s teeth haven’t cut yet but you can still see the white of them just under the skin. He has come up with some pimple looking things on his chin, there are 3 of them….SIL#2 (FDC) said they may be School Sores. Has anyone had anything to do with School sore before?? Possibly those with older children?? I googled it and printed out some info but I don’t want to go to the doc’s with him unless I have to as it doesn’t seem to bother him.

I think the house hunting is going on hold for a little while until we can find out what is happening to Chris’s job!! He works seasonally for Bundy Sugar and the mill that he works at isn’t operating on weekends anymore which means they aren’t taking back ¼ of their staff. Chris has been there for 2 seasons so hopefully enough started after him and his job is saved but otherwise he will be out of a job by around May. He is really stressing over it but I said to him there is no point in stressing just do something about it.

Only 4wks and 2 days til my baby turns 1!!
    Anyway I’m off to have some chips n dip……night all

Oh Jodie, that sounds awful. I was really lucky and didn't suffer like that - lucky cos we were treking New Zealand for lots of that bit. The breathlessness is a worry though Jodie. Best of luck with your loan and broker.

School sores - are they like foot and mouth disease? Highly contagious but not to adults, mainly suffer from 5-8years? Course of AntiB's should fix em i think, but Chicken pox looks the same. Darcy get's pimples every now and then..... Hope Chris's job holds.

Well I've just watched Biggest Loser - poo to Chris and finished off a bag of M'n'Ms....starting to get palpitations though so thinking it's time to cut the crap and get serious about losing some. Cam lost 4kg this week on his diet so that's good. Iwish I was back in maternity Jodie. I was so excited I thought I was preggers a few weeks a go I bought some more - oh well.

Grrr the Dragon's on fire tonite....better go and see what the fuss is about now....

Hello.

I'm stuffed so going to bed but wanted to say hello.

So Hello and good nite.

zzzzzz

Jodie259 Guest

I caught the end of Biggest Loser, as I went to work for a few hours tonight. I couldn't stand Munnalita (moan-a-lotta) - but she looked awesome! barely recognised her. I didn't think Chris had much more weight to lose, so I was surprised he won. God, someone give him a cheeseburger - he is too thin! Patti looked great... although her chin was so pointy - it looked like a triangle.

How can you girls be envious of maternity clothes?! They are shocking!! Not that anything is flattering (even when I wasn't pregnant).

Tania: I was smart this time and called in a mobile banker to come to my house at a time that suited me! Very convenient. (CBA). He told me what paperwork he needed (rates notice, 2 of Yarivs payslips and 2 years of my tax returns (self employed)). Got that together, and signed one document... and tomorrow he comes back with the magic amount. But my income last financial year was a shocker (on the tax return )... but I told him he had to look between the lines (nudge nudge). Yarivs entire income has gone onto the mortgage for over two years - so someone has been paying all the bills!! So hopefully they take that into account. We don't want an extreme amount. But any house up will be double what this is worth. If they don't give us much money - then our loan will be paid off within 3 years - two years if I get a good sale price for my salon!

A few weeks ago I "lost" my trainee who only worked 2.5 days a week (when she showed up!). I've had another girl who was interested in work, who I finally interviewed tonight. She seems okay, and she's going to start on Saturday. But then one of my full time girls gave 2 weeks notice as she got a job in a fancy laser clinic today. She had given me warning that she had applied for the job, so it wasn't a complete shock. Maybe in the end it will be a good thing because I can save some big $$ on wages. This is when I hate owning a business though! Damn staff. Now I have to work on Saturday and a few extra days until I can get this new girl trained up to our standards. But she's 37yo, and seems pretty switched on... so shouldn't take too long.

Sorry for the rants. If it's not work it's my morning sickness!
    I've got to do some positive thinking!!! Maybe next week the salon will sell for the unbelievable price I've put on it ($110,000). I'm dreaming - but there's a sucker born every day!

Next think I can positive think about is a dream home for less than $500,000!!!! (that's really dreaming!).

It will be the first official Mothers Day for us first-time-mums!! I've 'reminded' Yariv, but I'm sure he won't do/get anything. He doesn't even get me birthday presents until I'm crying (because he's forgotten again!).

Our babies birthdays, and mothers day... all in the same month!!
    Last edited by Jodie259; April 27th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

I am so excited!! I saw the present my mum got for Em and he's gonna love it! I don't know why I'm so excited because I asked for it LOL but I know he'll use it everyday so I can't wait to get it. Its only one of those little kids fold out couches but Mum got the one with the sleeping bag in it. I can just see him watching his Hi-5 whilst laying on it *awwwww*

Tania I hope Chris's job is okay. You are like me with 'early' nights hehe. I hope you got one last night instead!

Kim Mmmmmm M&M's I love them! I can't wait to hear a PG announcement from you! Its gonna be so exciting!!

Vic Enjoy Sydney! I'm sure you'll miss the kids but have lots fun though! Out of 4 assignments I have 3 back. - 2 high distinctions and a credit so far which I'm really happy with.

Leanne Hi Leanne!!!

Jodie Eeek at the work rant! I can understand your frustration! I heard Chris saying on the radio this morning that he thought he'd lost too much weight and wants to put some back on.

Well I'm trying to get Em to sleep and its not happening so I think its time to go and do the grocery shopping hehe. Have a great Friday girls!

Hi girls!

Just letting you know i am home. I am ok. Still getting pretty bad pains but i am just dealing with them. They are saying i have an irritable uterus again now. I just have to keep doing what i am doing. If i get worried about the pain then i have to go into the hospital and be checked. Its going to be a pain but nevermind.

I am really tired and Briley is being a big sook so i will be back later. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Talk soon.

Sara glad you are OK bummer that its irritable uterus again. Poor Briley must've been upset without mummy, I bet she's over the moon to have you and Brent around now.
    Relax and have agreat weekend.

Glad you're safe hon.

Jodie I totally agree about the cheeseburger thing!!! He's on ACA on monday and something about cheating......
    This will technically be my 2nd mothers day, but I was REALLY sick for the last one, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Nat we have one of those and Darc loves it!! She can pull it out herself now to the bed bit, thinks she's really smart lol.

Have a great weekend Vic!

Well my little car goes tomorrow....very sad. It has no plates ATM as we have to put mine into storage tomorrow.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; April 27th, 2007 at 07:58 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast