Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #24

Thanks Christy, Yeah I think it's a great idea. Sometimes all you need is something to look forward too and break up your time alone. I find that when DH works 13 hour days, just someone popping in for an hour makes a world of difference! then i dont feel like the only person left on earth!

Just read a greeeaat thing on sleep. Google: Ask Moxie: The quick and dirty on sleep

Oh yummy Evie....lol!

where is everyone?
    :spotting: wierd...

Im here

In pain but still here...lol

Hows Evie tonight Tara?

Im still here too

had a very busy day..Emelia went to her first birthday party today she loved it and i cant wait till hers she had heaps of fun helping her little friend Dakota open all her pressies!!

have a great weekend everyone

ohhh Kim, labour pain!? wow edd tomorrow i cant believe how quick its gone!! so exciting

Oh i wish i could say labour pains.. but im not to sure.....they hurt all over my body. I was hoping bub would be here by now... has a deadline of tmrw now cos MIL leaves Monday!

Just think positive Kim
    Not too bad a night, but this morning DH and i were standing next to her while she was playing on the bed and she turned backwards and sat down but sat on the doona that was hanging off the bed!! ohhh i felt so sick. i just watched in happen in slow motion. and what's worse, as it seems to be every time, that she was due for a sleep so once she had screamed her little lungs out she just wanted to go to sleep and though i was loathed to let her, i had to. but will keep checking every 15seconds

Tara - Emelia did the same yesterday, she usually gets off the bed backwards with no trouble but she sat up next to the edge and just fell

STILL HERE...and this kid is due today.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

bugger bout the fall Tara....it does make u feel sick in the gut each and every time.

Poor chickens. Lots of cuddles. They're very resilient but the shock is the most terrifying thing.

We're having a weekend of first birthdays. Its hasnt impressed DH much

Ann

Question

Hi

Just wondering if there are babies here that are a bit slower than the rest in reaching their milestones (so i can get a bit of support).

The bub i am talking about was born at the end of Nov 2006. She had a traumatic birth injury and is taking awhile to catch up, but i am sure there are other 'normal' babies that also just do things in their own time.

She has just started sitting in the past few weeks but can now sit on her own for approximately 20 mins. She rolls around purposefully to get things she want and is starting to bring her knees up under her. She can lift her body up, like a push up, and her head control is fine.

Are any of your kids at this stage still? How old where they when doing this stuff?

Thanks,

Kate

hi kate and welcome!

sorry guys will be back later fro personals, we had some bad family news, while out for my birthday lunch on saturday we got a phone call that DH nan was dying so packed up and travelled 3 1/2 hours interstae to say goodbye, shes hanging on so will have to go back in coming days for the funeral, so thats why ive been missing!!!

AJP - Sorry to hear the bad news. hope you make it to say goodbye.

Hi Kate. I think Ella is the only baby on her that is not "moving". She started sitting at 5.5 months and is happy to sit for hours and reach and play with her toys. She only started rolling at 9months (front to back) and cant roll back to front. Just recently she started pulling up onto her knees to check out what's on the coffee table and in her toy box. This weekend she pushed herself backwards halfway across the room! woohoo! (that was pushed no crawled)

I looked into these milestones a while ago as i was worried about little Ella but they tell me crawling and walking is not a milestone. They look for the ability to perform the fine motor skills - the pincer grip. Ella's situation is special too. She is on the 10th percentile for height and weight but she has a large 98th percentile head. So it takes a lot for her to do tummy time etc that's why she loves to sit.

We had a fever today. She woke up with at 37.5 fever and went up to 38.7 degrees! No other signs of illness so probably teeth. Rosy cheeks but happy to sit and play. We have had cool showers with her and its now dropped to 36.1....almost normal.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Ann

I think little bilby, Gigi's DD, isn't standing yet or anything.

Jovie has just starting cruising, Matilda was running by this age so its really different to have them this different. But I do know of friends babies who didn't start crawling until 11-12 months and walking at 16 months, so I know its not totally strange for them to take their time

For us... had a big day. DH got called into church to play music and it was my book club arvo so I had to take both girls with me to book club its my one outing that is just for me without children & I had both today. I was so sad because I try so hard to get an arvo of time to do something I enjoy every 6 weeks. It doesn't seem like too much to ask, but I couldn't say no to him.....

Hi Kate, welcome. I hope you can find the support you're looking for, we are quite a supportive and friendly bunch in here
    Sorry to hear your bad news AJP, prayers are with you and your husbands family
    Maybe tonight's the magic night Kim!
    Christy, maybe you could suggest something to DH so you can have a bit of alone time...make it seem like his idea (that always works a treat!!). I know how important that time is
    Went to SIL's for dinner tonight so i gave evie dinner and bath and put to bed there and she woke up screaming so we came home and now she doesnt want to go to sleep. i think it's her teeth cos that top gum is just bulging and looks and feels so sore..but thats not much consolation for any of us

Hi Kate - sorry, I am not really a November '06 mum but I check this thread as my daughter was born in October but was 4 weeks early!

She has been slower at reaching her milestones, and has been diagnosed with slightly low muscle tone, which is improving all the time. She started sitting about the same time and now can sit all day if she needs to, is starting to push herself up to sitting, pushes her body up on arms and knees but isnt quite crawling, and prefers to roll around. They sound very similar.

Has your DD been evaluated by a physio? It was very helpful and encouraging to us, as the physio was able to tell us that all of her movements looked correct and normal, it was just that she was slower in attaining her milestones.

She sees the physio every 2 months just for a check but we have been told that she should catch up and be fine, she might be clumsy later but as long as she is improving the outlook is very good..

I would also like some support from someone in the same situation, it is disheartening to see/hear about everyone else's 1 year old walking and cruising all the time when Kirsten isn't!!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; October 21st, 2007 at 09:01 PM.

Sorry to hear the news Jols...i hope you make it.

Tonight could be the magic night but not holding my breath!

Chelsea has been a gem today...sleeping, eating and playing. Shame her Grandma leaves tmrw.. i sooo dont want MIL to go

My olds have landed back in Oz and i was their first call..and was asked "why are you not at the hospital yet".? Geez.....i cant snap my fingers!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast