Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #29

thanks christy :hugs: kim

Hmm might have to try that...anything to get on on cows milk...formula for 2 kids is sending me broke..LOL

Kim I found that toddler milk was actually cheaper than full cream milk.... well when Matilda was on it.

Now girls, I need to say "Well done!" to our Baby buddies group. Just the way we support each other on our journeys, no matter if someone is having a crap day or feeling like the worst mother of the year we don't hold it against each other. I actually like coming here & seeing how you are & even if Im lurking I read here.

Nelly had a bad day today too I was at the hospital yesterday with Jovie & Nelly went there today with Jake sick babies r' us.

Agreed Christy. I love lurking to see how everyone is. We've come so far and its just amazing to hear what is happening with our little people from week to week.

Big hugs to Christy and Nelly for the sick bubs. Ella had roseola too. they are so miserable. but once the rash appears they are so much better. Hope little Jake is OK and bounces back to his cheeky self.

Jols - great idea on the milk. Ella shared my smoothie today and just kept reaching for more..and more. Is there a reason we have to give milk? if they have dairy in other parts of their diet?

We're going well. Ella points to her seat belt or pram buckle and says "eeeeee" to tell us she wants us to release her. very cute. DH is sick with a cold so i'm hoping it doesnt pass to Ella.(or me)

Ann

LOL Ann according to our allergist there is no reason to give milk at all But... child health nurses & some nutritionists would tell you otherwise. As long as they are getting 3 serves of dairy elsewhere in their diet than they should be okay... Jovie's not had any dairy, only breastmilk and her calcium levels were checked at the hospital and it was all normal. We do have calcium enriched rice milk which I cook with & she has on her weatbix in the morning.

well said christy and oh so true!!

hope jake gets better soon too!!

ann very cute!!

Christy, very well said i love checking how everyone is everyday! im glad that Kim directed me to this group when i first joined BB!

Kim, just read ur other post big sorry some ppl havent been supportive, in no way are u a nutcase, i feel for u hun cos i know wat DP has told me about his anxiety&depression it must be so frightning if u ever need to chat/vent im here :hugs:

Hehehe so cute Ann!! i love Ella's cot where did u get it from?

Tried Emelia with santa again today, she still didnt like him so guess will have to see how she is next year!!

Thanks Christy, thanks girls

yep we were there and guess freakng what -- ANOTHER freaking middle ear infection and the rash is ANOTHER virus

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH HH

thanks feel better now

Oh poor Jakey, hope he feels better soon

Yay Christy I agree.
    Well i remembered that with evie if i just kept eating and kept my tummy full then i didnt feel sick, so i started picking up this afternoon.
    Has anyone else weaned yet? I weaned evie totally about a week ago and my boobs are just getting sorer and sorer and harder. like, no joke i cant actually hold her or have her touch me anywhere near my chest, it's agonising. i think i might pop off to the dr tomorrow..
    sleep is back on the **** heap for us. i guess i cant blame her, shes been sick and i've been off so she must know something's going on. shes gone back to not going to sleep without a drink from her cup...but then she could be thirsty since its so humid and shes been sick. oh who knows!!!
    oh my poor poor E sized boobs.
    i hear you too nelly...they used to be nice and perky..now i'm a 24 year old with saggy boobs and an equally saggy belly to match. i told dh i'm getting a tummy tuck no matter what

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

tara - you sound in so much pain! why don't you just feed her and relieve the build up of milk? you must be about ready to burst! or is she too ill to suckle?

sorry to hear Jakey has an ear infection Nelly, they sound so nasty.

LOL at you doing funny things to get a particular gender baby, we were just relieved to get pregnant AT ALL.

Tara - at least the Wonderbra is a girl's best friend, not much a well placed bit of engineering, can't disguise!! (i miss the nice shape the underwires give you). oh well, they'll still be there when i stop bf-ing.

bilby is starting to sleep better, thanks for us being sewn a very light sleeping bag by a MCN friend online. it's making such a difference. She's all covered, but very lightly. And did i mention, SLEEPING!!!!

I have no desire to go put bilby on a Santa's lap, not even for a free photo, i must be missing a xmas gene. But i would like to take her to a Carol's night, she bops to all sorts of music (this morning it was hymns on sunday monring tv!!! she still bopped!) dh grabbed the remote to turn it off, but i told him to leave it cos at least bilby was getting some enjoyment out of the music.

She also loved the NSW Schools Spectacular on ABC tonight. she squeals with delight and bops about (sometimes letting go of me or playpen rails, and is actually standing/dancing there on her own balance - then she realises what sh'es doing, and collapses in a pile of giggles! The talent on the School spectacular was amazing, the singing was MUCH better than the people on Australian Idol. that's a bit sad, but true.

Christy - well said - and so true. We have a wonderful group here. Glad jovie is on the mend.

Tara - did you wean Evie because you are pregnant again? prehaps express some off darlin. you don't want to end up with mastitis. its horrid.

:hugs: nelly and Jake. thinking of you hun and wishing I had a magic wand to make it better.

:hugs: kim msn me darlin whenever you need to. if I'm around I will answer, now i'm broadband the computer is alwasy on

hi blanche, Ann, Gigi.

ASton doesnt liek the taste of cows milk either. but likes smoothies. and has other dairy so I'm not concerned. we off to have his needles today so not looking forward to that - plus I found a lump. so I am going to get it looked at. in a world of pain today... roll on next monday! hopefully it will bring some relief.

i'm pregnant because i weaned her!
    so how are you meant to wean them without eventually getting a build up of milk? its not like i suddenly stopped feeding, it was over a few weeks

hmmm... i had that engorged feeling when aston dropped down to two feeds, but didnt get it when he dropped down to one, everyone is different tho. i hope you get some relief hun. try expressing some off, not alot, other wise it will just remake...just enough for comfort. HTH x

I haven't got engorged either - I'd express some off for comfort and ring the ABA help line they may be able to give you further advice on wha to do...

ok Vicky I am about to venture into the world of msn .....

ok am on msn just need some friends under fuller.janelle hotmail address or Jakey's mum
    Last edited by nelly; December 10th, 2007 at 02:35 PM.

went to chemist and got some herbal stuff to help supress milk supply and expressed some off...ahhhhhhhhhhh thats better
    now if i could just get a handle on this nausea

Nelly, I've added you on my MSN...

I don't have a public one, because well...things got a bit messy with me & MSN so I don't go on as much, but my Nov buddies are allowed my details!! (psst...its my admin addy so look at the first page )

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast