Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #3

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Bugger about the mastitis...you poor thing. I hope u get better real quick!!

Happy Birthday Vicky, so sorry about the mastitis. Not a nice way to be spending your bday. Hope you are feeling a bit better 2moro.

Chelsea sounds like shes growing beautifully Kim, good work.

Meredith - Hope the Chiro works on Logan 2moro and you and DH can get some 'alone' time.

Well I caved in with not feeding Baylee, I tried to comfort him to sleep without the boob, but he wouldnt settle. He had a go at his hands but that didnt work so he must have been hungry coz when I gave in he fed well. I dont think it was comfort feeding coz he only woke once over the last 2 nights. He been sleeping from 9-9.30pm til 4-5am. Then back to sleep til 7.30ish
    I didnt think about it before, but I think it must have been a growth spurt when he was waking every 2 hrs (thanx Christy ) hopefully this pattern continues.

Meredith - hope the chrio helps Logan darlin. You must be feeling rather stretched at the moment. I hope you have lots of support around to ease the load.

Kim- Chelsea is doing great. Isn't it wonderful to see the growth? I have taken specific photos of aston on the 29th of each month so I can see it in pictures too.

Robyn - I can't wait til Aston sleeps from 9/10 til 5...i really ambecoming sleep obsessed. isn't it funny that we forget about the growth spurts until AFTER they are through them! and go - oh yeah that's what was going on.

AJP - how wonderful that Sophie has been sleeping thru for so long. Glad to hear the meds are working too.

Christy - how you and your little girl doing? I had a little chuckle at Matilda wanting to "check" on Jovie at 3 in the morning...got to love those big sisters.

Luua - hope Ella settles back into a rountine soon for you. I love it when they 'find' their voice. its very entertaining to listen to them

Belinda - i'm so glad that the kids have gone back to school. last week was so long. and they were really starting to get on each other's nerves. I'm sure that I have ended up with mastitis because i was so flat out last week. Bugger with the teething - I'd forgotten all about that one!

Fi - How are you and your little man doing?

Me - well feeling a little better, still had a temp in the middle of the night, and my breast isn't quite as sore, but think I will still continue with what I was doing yesterday, heat, expressing etc. I tell you yesterday I was ready to hand in my resignation from breastfeeding, and motherhood - trouble was I couldn't find anyone to take it!! lol Hopefully I am on the improve. really don't want to take antibiotics if I don't have to. I had mastitis with Nat and took antibiotics, and we both ended up with thrush...

Vicky - Hope the Mastitis didn't ruin your birthday and DH helped you get your mind off the pain. Ouch!

Christy - thanks for the info on the growth spurt. How long to they last? 1-2 days?

Last night Ella slept from 7.30 - 5.30 then fed and went back to bed till 8.45. Her sleep pattern is all over the place but i guess this is what she needs. As long as she goes to bed at about the same time then she has that to keep it regular.

Meredith - Good luck with the Chiro. Hope it helps with settling.

Ella reached out to grab a toy today (which she's never done before). Its a turtle with a long red neck so it was bright and easy for her to hold onto. She's spent so much time vocalising I've been wondering when she would develop her motor skills. I'm so happy she was able to reach out and grab it but I'm sure this is the start of trouble

Ann

Vicky - Happy belated birthday! How horrible to have mastitis- i can well imagine the pain! Hope it clears up quick without antibiotics.

Luua - What a clever girl Ella is! I can't wait until Logan is actually " playing" but then I'll probably miss him being so little..LOL!

Well chiro was very nice and very thorough. Defintely found a problem with L ogan's right shoulder - even I could see it when it was pointed out. I'm not getting too excited about this helping all our issues but lets hope he gets some relief. He also suggested dairy allergy which I had started to think about myself so might try elimination diet for me - at this point I willtry whatever!!

Hello girls!!

Vicky - yuck at mastitis! If things aren't working take them, I've heard some horror stories. The other remedy I've heard about is cabbage leaves... haven't tried it myself.

Meredith - I read your posts and urgh... its awful isn't it? Jovie is doing heaps better. HEAPS. Okay she is unsettled today but let me give you a run down of what I've been doing/done.

2 weeks before Christmas she started getting more & more unsettled. Developed oral thrush & I was put on antibiotics at the same time for other issues... The week before Christmas I saw an infant chiropractor for help with wind issues. On Christmas day she refused to breastfeed. Three days later she started thinking about it again and I saw a lactation consultant who gave me heaps of information about milk intolerance in babies & health side effects. It all made sense (I'll PM you the links to the sites she was talking about). So I went off all cows milk products. 10 days later I went to GP for her vax or the one that I give (different convo all together) and decided against doing them & got script for Zantac & referral for paediatrician. The next day Jovie's poos became normal, they hadn't been normal her whole life. So I made an appt with the paediatrician for the second week of Feb giving the whole elimination thing time to work. I then made an appt with an acupuncturist who deals with infants as well. I went the first time & Jovie was a mess afterwards, the second time... she's been a normal baby. Well... until I started antibiotics again yesterday She's seen the chiro 4 times and I'm not sure its done heaps of good, but the acupuncture definately. The milk elimination diet, most certainly.

With Matilda I tried everything medical possible. She was on heaps of meds (never losec) but others swear by it in the reflux society... and Theresa has posted about it in the reflux forum. With Jovie I thought I'd try a more natural approach first... and its been a hard journey but I'm seeing results now. HTH!

My burn got infected yesterday so now I have daily bandage changes as well as antibiotics... crap. I hope it doesn't effect all the hard work my diet and stuff has done to repair Jovie's guts. I'm considering bottle feeding & expressing off my milk for a while so she doesn't get bad again...

VICKY hope your feeling better and the boobs are clearing up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

MEREDITH where did you go for the chiro? hope it helps your little man (and you) to get some sleep. were off tosee one tomorrow morning to help with tight neck muscles

hope everyone else if going great!!!

After still battling with high temps for most of the day, I finally decided to fill the script. The other option of waiting and seeing was past now, I don't fancy ending up in hospital with an abcess. I hope that in 24 hours I am feeling 100percent better then I do at the moment. I think the fact that I was developing some very nice red patches on my breast that were significantly bigger then yesterday was a good indicator that all my expressing, compresses and feeding was not going to stop it.

Meredith - glad you had some kind of success with the chiro. good idea about the lactose intolrence, and eliminating diary from your diet. Reach over and give yourself a pat on the back darlin, you doing great in exceptional circumstances.

Luua - its lovely when bub starts doing "new" things and reaching those milestones. Before you know it Ella will be rolling around! it goes so quick. even in the hard times - like now for me with a very sore breast -it goes too quickly,, and before you know it they are 11 and in year 6!

well, trying to get some washing done, and dinner organised. dh at the physio, so its me and the kids....witching hour is beginning....

awww Vicky I know that was a hard choice... I'm sure you will feel better.

Meredith I forgot to give you this forum link: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36 this is the reflux forum and there are quite a few posts about losec.

well after getting sophie to bed at 6.15 for the night i cracked open a bottle of wine!!! yeahhhhh 1 and 1/2 glasses later and i'm very very very happy, slightly tipsy, well maybe very tipsy!!!! gee it hits sooooo much harder these days!!! sorry i will reply to posts tomorrow, aahhhhh i'm in lar lar land god it feels good!!

LMAO AJP!!!

Have a good night AJP!!!!

Throw a glass my way would you AJP! Enjoy yourself.

LOL AJP

Vicky: hope the kids settled into school well, i changed luke over to another school this year and after a horrible start he is feeling better now thankfully

Christy: Hope the burn is feeling better, i dont know if i read how you got burnt?

Ann: Yah for the toy grab, its so good when you get to see them do stuff like that

Well i have had a terrible arvo and night so mentally drained and considering killing DH, so hopefully tommorow is better!!

nite

AJP - Hilarious.

I'm such a cheap drunk these days as well.

Christy - sounds like you have your hands full with the burn as well. Hope you get some rest.

Ann

I hope today is better for you Belinda!!

AJP how's your head??

Vicky I'm sorry I forgot to say Happy BIrthday yesterday!

My burn is on my belly, from the bottom of my bra to my undies. Its over more than half of the belly area... (just what I wanted people staring at my post baby belly daily...). I sat down with a bowl of boiling water to steam out my head cold around 11.30pm Sat night and accidentally poured the water straight onto my belly. I had to call an ambulance & go to hospital until around 4am when I got home. I had to leave Jovie & Matilda with DH and go by myself... in undies & bra!!! Luckily DH though to run & grab some pants & top, breastpads & mobile for me otherwise I would have had to walk out of the hospital in undies & bra too... & they were soaking wet because after the burn I ran into the shower & stood in my clothes under cold water. Then the ambo's had to take the clothing off and pulled skin with it

ouchhhhy you poor darling. Gee i hope it gets better asap for you

Chelsea had her needles today. She was crying as soon as she seen the doctor.. then was ok... needle went in and screams louder then ive heard heard. But i held back tears... was hard though. Took my friend with me....she was great. My friend took Chels out once needles were done so i could have my check up. All went well, escaped having to show off my twat to the doctor as i assured him all was fine, DTD dont hurt, all healed. Took my word for it... all was true tho. I did however get a script for some cream...for the last 5 weeks ive been in pain when i do a #2 (TMI maybe).....hurts like hell and all i end up with is blood and/or tiny blod clots. So i have a fissure and it huuuurts. I get to the point where i freak if i hve to go to the loo. Hopefully the cream will fix it... otherwise maybe surgery will b involved :frown:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I am starting to feel better, though still pretty tired. the redness is settling down thankgoodness, so the antibiotics are working. so far Aston hasn't had a reaction so that is good. I have spent the last three days resting, and sleeping when the little man is asleep. I started a sleep chart yesterday for Aston just so I could work out what his routine is (if there is one??!!??) and how much sleep he is having. My brain just isn't working still. maybe it never will again.. .lol.

Well done Kim on being so brave. your a better woman then I - but I'm a big whoos. Hope the fissure sorts it self out for you. Have had that experience and it isn't very pleasant. Oh the joys of being a woman!

Farout Christy - that is major! You poor darlin. Never a dull moment is there? In fact I can't remember what a dull moment is! Your doing so well with persisting with breastfeeding Jovie - I don't know if I could have, make sure you get an opportunity sometime soon to be kind to you.

Belinda I could have hit DH over the head with a brick recently. Sometimes they can drive you to bloody distraction can't they?!? Hope the air has cleared today for you. Like we don't have enough to deal with, without adding overgrown kids who should be behaving like men into the mix!

I have to take Nathan to Karate, and then are popping into the shop to get something easy peasy for dinner. too shattered to think about cooking and DH is at work. Yay - looks like he has some more regular work now. For the last 3 weeks he has only had 13 hours - and that just isnt enough no matter how creative I get!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast