Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

The only reason I am posting is cos belfie kicked me LOL

Quickly, camping was great - the kids were so exhausted everynight after boogie boarding and fishing and scootering around etc that Riley crawled into the tent without even putting his pj's on 2 nights!! My friends 30th went really well and Zander was passed around left right and centre and everybody loved him - he was so cruisey - he wasnt worried who had him, as long as it wasnt nap or feed time and one of us were floating around - he was so gorgeous. But, daytime sleep was a shocker and yesterday he slept for 6 hours during the day so a big catch up.

Tomorrow we are off to Vic for Zanders baptism - Ballarat - if we had more time I would try desperately to catch up with you belfie and Tanya if your nose was out of boxes - but we wont be in Melb any longer than overnight tomorrow night to see my sister and family before Ballarat on Friday.

So, I wont be around again until prob Tues night, Wed - have a great week!

Oh, Zander has cut his first tooth as well, still not eating much which is crappin me off cos he is waking around 3am for a feed again .... but, most times he goes back to sleep so no biggie. Still feeding - he saw his 4th movie at the cinemas yessterday lol - such a wonderful fella I can take pretty much anywhere!

Bye till next week mwah!

Hi girls! I'm in my new home! The move went well. DH coordinated everything and I spent the day at my mothers. So I guess for me it happened seamlessly. My poor DH had absolutely had it by the time we arrived. Then he went back to work the next day. So I've been trying to do as much unpacking and setting up as I can. I really can't wait for it to be all finished.

My MIL came around to help yesterday and was annoying as usual but she did help heaps. I also had a friend come round and drop off dinner he cooked for us. It made me feel like moving was the right thing to do! Here I'll have more help hopefully! Oh and here I have A LOT more room! Our other place was ridiculously tiny!

katones - How was Jack after his needles? Hope it all went OK!

amy - How's your new place going? Are you all unpacked?

teru - I hope Dragon's eczema gets better.

Sami - Enjoy your mini-break and Z's baptism. It's a shame you aren't making it down to Melb. Though as you say I do have my head in boxes at the moment.

belfie - Since you are the resident sleeping bags expert I wanted to ask what you dress X in when you put him in a sleeping bag? I have got one Winter bag that someone gave me and not sure if a singlet is enough to dress Maya in?!

Hello to everyone else!

Not much going on here, seems very quite in here as well.

I've just got my doula course so will be starting to study...I'm excited and so very nervous, I've been a SAHM for 10yrs now and haven't study for that long as well.

DH brought me a bunch of flowers and a clutch handbag yesterday because I rang him in tears I was that nervous, lol. Wyatt (my 4yr old) has a stuff zebra and last night he said to me "mum, I'm feeding my baby (zebra)", I looked over and he had his shirt up and was b/fing it, it was so cute.

Julian was up every two hours last night wanting a feed, not sure if he's getting another tooth or something else, but I'm sooo very tired today.

hello everyone

VERY quiet in here of late....

Teru ~ Hun how is Dragons excema doing?? hope he has some relief of it soon.

Amy ~ How is the gorgeous Bethany doing?? How is she after her needles?

Belfie ~ yep size 1!!!! he is very tall/long but also weighs alot!!!!

Tanya ~ glad your move went well...isn't room good to have...so much better than a cardboard box...hehehehe

Sami ~ glad camping for you was fun

Amanda ~ good luck with your Doula course my hubby is starting back at uni come June...

As for us...Jack will be going to his nannies next week..as i am back at work 4 days a week only for 5hrs a day He had his needles on Wednesday..and had horrid temps wed night/thursday...and didn't want to drink once again after the damn needles!!!!

Hello still here, Battling the sinus infection from hell. Start course number 5 of antibiotics, Gee this lot better work. I must admitt I feel a little better today or maybe I am just so used to it it has become the new normal!!
    Bethany went ok at her needles. Different nurse this time and she likes to lay them on the bed and do it. I perfer to hold Bethany but either way the job gets done. I just think it is nicer for Bethany if she can have cuddles and hear my voice the whole time instead of me holding her on a bed!
    She seems ok but today has been a doozy, she has had really painful poos as she screams and screams then the nappy needs changing. Also they are very watery. I know she is pain cause she keeps her little legs stiff and when I touch her lower tum it is hard. But no temp. Could be teething or perhaps a reaction to the rotovirus? I am keeping an eye on her, if I get worried I will take her off to the clinic, she is feed though so I am not to worried. Miss Bethany is currently sleeping which might help matters too

Tanya~~ The new place is good. I think I made a dud choice and we will probably move again in a year then the lease ends. Although there are good points the bad points are getting to be a problem. Thankfully we have people helping us with the problems and getting it sorted. Main thing is we have more room than the unit and I am not dragging Bethany, the pram and whatever else I have with me from the garage to the unit a distance of 200m or more!! and often in the rain. Also I like the openess of this place. Its light and airy.

Katones~~ After this morning Bethany ain't so gorgeous!!

hi to all the other mums and bubs. I think I might upload some new pics too today.

Bye for now

Oh and I am looking at buying a bathseat. Any recommendations? I think I will go with the Dreambaby fold down one.

Jac didn't have the Rotavirus this time round..i did question our Dr..and he said NOPE....which seems odd to me???
    and i checked the NSW immunisation site...and it said it depends on the vaccine used as to wether there is a 3rd dose...

oooh what a day. I've been madly doing bookkeeping all week (caught up with LAST FY yikes) so that's all good - while my mum is over helping. But on the way back from the accountants this morning I got run into! This guy totally failed to give way and drove right into the side of me (passenger side)! Thank goodness I didn't have X with me! And luckily no-one was hurty... just my preeetty brrrm brrm which had to be towed . Damage not THAT bad thank goodness, but wasn't drivable (panel mashed onto wheel). Right PITA tho!

Proper hellos later, hope you're all going well.

OMG Belfie how scarey, are you going alright today? No whiplash?

Katones is Jack drinking today? I hope he is better, I hate needle time...got to get Julian's this week

Well it was a tooth, it made an apperance yesterday arvo....so he now has both his bottom ones, he has a very light rosy cheek as well, we had a better sleep last night which was a blessing as I was shattered.

Not much else going on today, kids will be back at school on Tuesday, yay.

oh belfie, hope ur ok. i see plenty of bunged up cars at my DPs work & some r pretty scary.

if ive failed to mentioned, my baby is slowly getting his face back so happy!

thanks Teru & AmandaJ - I'm fine, don't seem to have any whiplash or anything, so that's good. I'm just waiting to see how long it will take to get fixed now. Oh and I have a GIANT cold sore which is totally annoying - but really, any crash you come out of fine is a good one.

Teru - great that Dragon's face is getting better!

AmandaJ - oooh congrats to Julian on his first toothy-peg! And I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra sleep!

ETA: I just found out something interesting re the rotavirus vaccine - there's two brands, hence the difference in when our bubs get them! I know we get RotaTeq here in Vic.

Is there a vaccine for rotavirus?
    There are two rotavirus vaccines: Rotarix from GlaxoSmithKline and RotaTeq from CSL Limited. Both brands are registered by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), but only for use in babies between 2 to 6 months of age. They are taken orally (not injected) as follows:

Rotarix: 2 doses - at 2 months and 4 months of age.
    RotaTeq: 3 doses - at 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months of age.

The vaccine will be available from GPs and other immunisation service providers such as local community immunisation clinics. The rotavirus vaccine will generally be given at the same time as other immunisations at 2, 4 and 6 months of age, depending on the brand used."

belfie - It's so good to hear that you are OK. And that X wasn't in the car. I can still understand how annoying it is to have a damaged car though!

teru - Good to hear Dragon's face is doing better.

Amanda - Oooo.. exciting to see a first tooth. I'm still waiting here. When does your doula course start? I'm sure you'll make an excellent doula after birthing 5 kids!

amy - That's a shame that your new place has too many bad points. At the moment I am loving my new place. I went to my old place for the last time today to pick up the last few things. And I was sad about leaving. But once I got home it's so much nicer here!

Well.. I've just been busy trying to unpack and unpack and unpack. Plus been exploring my new area and still taking care of Maya obviously.

Tomorrow I'm taking Maya to a paediatrician - cos of her very very small weight gains and at times loss of weight. So I'm being a bit stressy about that now! I just hope she's OK!!! I get so worried about her size sometimes. She's so tiny compared to other babies of her age. Her head is so small! She has started eating some solids though. I kept trying things and finally found she'll eat a bit of carrot so I'm giving it to her every day at the moment. Except it seems to go straight through her. Sorry bout the TMI! :-P

WHAT - not even ONE page of chatter for me to read whilst I have my morning coffee catch up???

Got back late last night - shattered and we all have colds - Z has his first real cold but has been a trooper with some Nurofen and Eukybear

Belfie - that explains it re the rotavirus - I was beginning to wonder lol

No more personals - got about 5 loads of washing and heaps of unpacking to do - and school holidays still so everyone is home and try to get it done is very hard Will probably take me until the weekend.

Z's baptism went well - he fell asleep so woke with the water and had a little cry cos it dribbled into his eye - but other than that it was beautiful - in Ballarat's big cathedral old chruches so was just - beautiful lol.

GOtta go feed and wash my hair after 4 days

Sami~~ WB, we have been quiet haven't we, I guess these bubbas are getting more active and need more work!! LOL Glad to hear the baptism went well and was lovely. Will you post some piccies for us???

Tanya~~ Dispite the bad points this house has one good point, less than a minute from the beach! Bethany love the waves and watching the people and there is a great paved walk all the way along so we go for walks there most days. When I am at tearing my hair out point we jump in the car unload. She plays on a mat under a tree, I treat myself to something from the really really really yummy takeaway on the corner and then we walk and walk and walk!! She always settles and end up feeling better too. It is a win win sometimes she falls asleep so I find a beach and sit and watch the waves while she naps. For that sort of settling I can live with the battles of the actual house!!
    Next time we head down I should take some pics for you gals.... but you might get jealous!

Well we have kindermusik today so I have been up to get everything done before we go. Thankfully her ladyship has headed back down for her sleep. Is it strange that she gets up has her bottle a small play (hr or less) and then back to bed in the morning? Rest of the time she is awake for about 2 or more hours. She has been having 3 sleeps lately too. She was having 2. Mmmmm must be those teeth. Since I am on questions does anyone else have a baby that squeals with the volume of a rock concert?? I mean I am sure you can hear Bethany from where you all are. And it is pretty high pitched not nice for the ears!! I am hoping it will just be a phase she grows out of.....or I may go deaf.

Need to go check dinner, the crockpot is cooking it for me, a chicken and corn soup that I make that DH loves so he is happy. I am happy too easy, just wack it in and stir occasionally. Thats my kind of cooking!!

BBL

SamiH - WB! Glad all went well, hope the colds go quickly!

AmyO - oooh one min from the beach sounds divine... I'm coming to visit (in my dreams!). Whaddya think of Kindermusik? I was thinking of taking X to that, would love to hear your thoughts.

Tanya - how did the paed visit go? Great you've got more room in the new place, and GL with the unpacking, such a PITA isn't it!

I'm still just busy busy doing bookkeepking like a crazed woman while my mum is still here. Gotta make the most of having her while I can - she flies home early next week. DH is officially allowed to pick up X again now, but is still pretty limited (i.e. can't manage to pick up from the floor or anything like that). I really think we've had our bad run for the last coupla months now. Plus I found out my car is repairable today... 9k worth of damage, ouchies huh... thank goodness for insurance and other drivers who admit liability! And i've picked up a new car seat & got it installed in DH's car... so I've at least got transport for X again now (for some days of the week) better'n nothing.

Oh and my cold sore is sooooo festy. Who wants a smooch? Mwah!!! geesh I'm pure s3x.

Sami - WB. Good to hear Z's baptism went well. Hope you all get over your colds soon!

amy - Are you talking about Trinity Beach? We went their last year and I loved it there. I could definitely handle living there.

belfie - Yeah I think you deserve a run of good things now!

I'm still living amongst boxes here. I am so unmotivated to unpack but at the same time I don't want to keep living with boxes everywhere so I do a bit every day.

I took Maya to the paediatrician on Monday. She's not concerned about Maya's health but she is concerned about her lack of weight gains and her weight losses. So she's given me a feeding routine to follow. I didn't want to follow a routine but am thinking I probably need to do it. The paediatrician's main concern was that Maya will start to move more and more and burn more energy and if she doesn't get enough then her health and development could suffer. So now I'm feeding Maya two meals a day - from pretty much none a day so at the moment it's mostly ending up all over her and me. And I'm giving her some more formula top ups (but she's still not taking much formula, she still prefers BM). And today I'm going to pick up something from the chemist I had to order in, that will help add some calories to her diet.

What I found interesting was that the paediatrician was trying to convince me to give up BF all together and just do FF. I decided for now I'd like to combine the two though because I enjoy BF Maya.

*tanya*~~ Yup you found me, I live at Trinity Beach. Goggle it girls if you want some pics of what I have to force myself to enjoy when I go walking!!

Belfie~~ Kindermusik is great and a highlight of the week for us. It it a bit on the pricey side as far as activities for babies but sooooo worth it. Especially if you have a good teacher like we do. It is worth hunting for one that has some form of formal music training. Sounds dumb I know but it makes a difference. I first learnt about the Mozart Effect (that is the term used and a book that speaks on how exposure to music from birth can increase intelligence and development) when I was studying music. Kindermusik is probably one of the best programs out there for utilising the Mozart Effect I think. Anyway that is my 2 cents. Kindermusik Australia

Still battling the sinus infection from hell. Lost count of antibiotics started new lot today. Worse part is I may need surgery. I have already had 2 lots of sinus surgery don't want to go the hat trick.

Off to soak my miseries in a bath

what's happened to our thread? I miss the baby buddies chatter

Amy_0 - my sis lived at trinity beach years ago - such a beautiful spot! And I'd love to take X to kindermusik, shall have to check my local classes.

Tanya - how is the feeding going?

hi everyone else... come baaaaaack!

Happy 7 months to X/Z anders Such big boys now .... booohoooo

And still on booby milk - we have done well belfie

ANother kids party tomorrow - will try and pop on tomorrow night for a catch up!

Well Zander ate some pumpkin today - but then it came out in the next 2 nappies so I think 3 days of trying pumpkin is over - potato again tomorrow me thinks ...... stinky

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast