... 678910 ...

thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

Add belfie on Facebook

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

OMG he's asleep! He woke at 11.30am - so I decided to do a quick bolt to the shops with him... he got a bit antsy halfway through but then piped down again, coming home to feed... get home and he's asleep! Having no feed since 8.30am!!!

Don't get me wrong, I ain't complaining. Just gobsmacked!

Jan 2008
    In a land of bubbles and trouble

i went & bought some Fenugreek today - I think cos I am so exhausted that is what is playing with my supply. Will try it out & see. Looking forward to camping so nothing to do except vege out mostly .... hopefully ....

Kids are fine from their jabs

z will only sleep 4 x 30 min sleeps during day currently - hence me being so tired cos i cant get anything done until after bedtime bit frantic at the moment ....

Nov 2008
    Cairns FNQ

Sami~~ Bethany is going through the same thing with her sleeps not to metion her feeding issues...don't thing I have shared the saga here yet.

I went to the GP yesterday for some things for me and ended up losing it and having her look at Bethany. In a nutshell last week the MCHN told me that Bethany's weight was dropping too low. There seem to be a bunch of factors all of which I am too tried to go in to! We have a referal in to see a speech pathologist and we will be having weekly weigh ins Biggest Loser style for awhile. I am trying not to be concerned and just roll with it. It may all just be a phase.

But since she is quiet I am going to lay down and close my eyes for a minute...(oh please let it be longer!!!)

Jan 2008

We have a referal in to see a speech pathologist
    Amy - why???? it doesnt make sense to me?? or could be my dopey haze .....

Nov 2008
    Cairns FNQ

Ahh didn't make sense to me either till I discovered that:
    *eating is a very important part of speech development
    and
    *speech pathologists don't just deal with "speech" they deal with everything to deal with the mouth so swollowing, eating etc. After a stroke for example you will have to see one to have the muscle function in your mouth checked. They can check out her high palette, her "technique" etc and make suggestions. Although judging from the noise from the mat her "speech" as it is, is just fine thank you!
    Hope your dopey haze lifts soon although I am joining you there....never did get my lie down....

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

Georgi - I might try giving Maya some cucumber and see if she likes it. She loves sucking on raw apple so she might like sucking on some other raw foods. As for the sleeping you are not alone there. Maya woke this morning at 5.30am and I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards.

katones - How's Jack doing? Hope he's better soon.

Sami - I was using Fenugreek. I feel like my supply has improved but I don't know if it was the Fenugreek or the expressing?!

amy - How much does Bethany weigh now? I have had the opposite problem where no one has thought Maya's very low weight gains were a problem. Then she lost weight so I saw a GP and next I'm off to see a paediatrician.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had Maya weighed again and she's put on a bit of weight thankfully. At the moment she's staying on the 3rd percentile but that's what we want. We don't want her to drop down any further!! I really think it's because she wasn't drinking enough for a while. And for some reason she just never complained. But I do feel terrible sometimes that I didn't notice how bad it was. She didn't feel like she was getting any heavier but I thought that was because it was a gradual thing. Now I realise she didn't feel any heavier because she wasn't getting any heavier. I can feel the difference now that she has put on a bit of weight! I guess at least now I know that I should feel a difference!

Oh and my bloody bb is blocked again!!!! It's so annoying. That's 3 times within a month!! I dunno why it's happening a lot at the moment?!

Dec 2008
    Ardeer, Melbourne

hi all, we're back home finally!! was planning to read up on whats been happening but gave up after the 1pg so...which bub has finally cut their first teeth? ours are still playing peep-a-boo but it shouldnt be too long now

here's a rundown on our happenings for the past weeks:
    * his face has eczema mainly due to the humid weather
    * i passed my exams and will be graduating 21st this month YAY!!
    * had to put dragon on dummy upon insistence from my aunties sometimes its good as there's nothing which we do can settle him. also, at least this way he'll sleep on his back or side which would let his face breathe
    * he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth
    * as opposed to when he was little, he now has a higher tendency to feed on both sides. he sure is growing!

it was a PITA to bf in HK as there are some oldies which r more conservative so had to make sure we brought some ebm with us. felt like a cow at times as i didnt bring a pump so had to hand express. towards the end of the trip just couldnt care less & fed him whenever it was semi-consealed. i really got sick of having to feed him in stinky toilets.

i'm looking to introduce formula into dragon's diet so that we can ttc. hopefully i wont have to drop bf altogether but will hv to see how it goes.

better attend to the little monster & continue with unpacking!

Nov 2008
    Cairns FNQ

Bethany weighs around the 6kg mark I can't remember what yesterdays was exactly. Not exactly a drama but the MCHN thought it was because she was sliding down that damn graph and blah blah blah.
    She is also very tall which makes her leaner if that makes sense.

Gotta go finish getting dinner happening
    BBL (maybe??)

Add belfie on Facebook

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

teruteru - welcome back! wow sounds like a tough time over there. GL with the resolving the eczema, We found dermeze or dermaveen quite good on X's face. Congrats on the graduation too!

SamiH - have I said this before? (early senility here) but I found RLT (in tea or tablet form) seemed to do more for my supply than fenugreek but I've used both off & on. Just a thought. Oh and more rest... easier said than done huh. You can borrow the clone cupboard after Amy & I finish with it... You're doing an awesome job.

Amy_o - oh wow I never knew that re speech paths.

Tanya - aaww thanks I recently found out that apparently EBM is edefinitely richer than FF and that you don't need to give as much. Explains why X is so chubby... woulda been handy to know earlier huh. Made me feel like a bit of a twit, cos I've always just used FF volumes as our guideline. Oops. Oh well.

My mum arrives on Fri, I am very lucky. And we've currently got my IL's golden retriever staying. He smells. Oh and X has spewed on me 3 times today. So I smell too I realised I'd gone to the shops yesterday with avocado all over my trackies, now that's a look. Lucky I didn't run into Trinny and Susannah har har!
    ok gotta go hang out washing.

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

hey hey! been reading all your posts but havent had time to reply coz u girls talk so much.

Im not really going to reply now.. just going to blab for a min.

Mia's app at the RCH went well. The valve at the top of her tummy isnt closing. they can fix it manually by surgery (big NO from me) or they can give her a medication to help the lower valve to empty her tummy quicker (side effect : oh her eyes might roll in the back of her head.... uh NO from me) or just wait it out.. hopefully it will close soon and he seems to think it will by the age of 2. So yes, we are waiting it out and have to see them again in 5 months to see how its going and discuss surgery and things then (which is a waste of time lol).

another front... shes now 7.6 kilos! she was born 3.52 so over doubled her birth weight and she is 64 cm long.

any of u girls turned your car seat around yet? I know alot of ppl do it at 6 months or 8 kilos but im not ready for Mia's to be turned around yet, shes still too little. I told DP i will assess the situation again in a couple of months.

and im sick.. just a sore throat, like real sore, cant swallow kinda sore. fun fun..

IL's coming to visit today...... enough said...

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

it actually depends on your car seat..different car seats = different weights to turn around majority are 9kgs (from all that i looked at anyways)

Jack weighs in at 8.8kgs now my big lump

Me personally...i would have opted to have any of my babies problems fixed sooner rather than later...I don't gamble with their well-being, both my older 2 had ops at very young ages and pulled through better than most adults..my eldest has had numerous ops and my second eldest has had one op. JMO...

Hollye is there a reason you didn't want to go with the surgery?? i would clear things up a hell of a lot quicker and not have to deal with the spews all day long.

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Katones - at the end of the day, its just spew. Shes still very healthy and thriving and what am i meant to say to her when shes older? oh we had ur chest cut open so u wouldnt chuck on us anymore??? nah i dont think so. The pead didnt think it was too necessary to have the op anyway as he says 98% chance it will just fix its self. See ALL babies have the same thing. The valve is closed when they are born and slowly opens. Some close sooner than others. Its hard to explain without me drawing u a picture...

Nov 2008
    Cairns FNQ

My baby turns 6 months today!!! ohh it has gone so fast yet I can't remember life without her.

I have to get her "birthday email" out to family and friends with photos and stuff, I try to send one once a month.

Last night I wrote out her letter. I have a letter I wrote just before I went in to be induced and I though I would write one for her 6months as well. So I found a few quiet minutes (where?!!?!) and got that down for her. My aim is that she will have them all on her 18th or 21st.

Belfie~~ I never knew it either!! But was pretty impressed when I learnt.

Hollye~~ if you are comfortable with your dissicion thats all that really matters. My concern would be that it would be a lot less traumatic and easier for her to go through an op now when she is young than when she is older if it doesnt correct. But it sounds like it will so time will tell!! In the end none of us have crystal balls!!!!

WB teruteru!!!

Ok well gotta keep moving!! Pop back in again later no doubt!!

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

amy - the spewing doesnt bother her at all so i spose u could says shes a happy chucker. The only time it worries her is when its a huge one that comes out her nose and stuff which isnt very often. 3 times thats happened since she was born. It will correct over time. Its not something that will be like that forever, so ide rather wait it out. I have seen a differene in her already this past week. From spewing 40ish times a day.. that has nearly halved.

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

happy 6 months Bethany! oh my.. it really does go quick doesnt it. We were already talking about Mia's 1st bday the other day *sigh*

oh and there are more pics of Mia in my gallery... feeding her face lol

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Hollye...as Amy said..if YOU are comfortable with your decision then thats what matters....MY concern if it were my child would be the overall distress/worry it causes the parent...NOT knowing and having to deal with the 40+ spews as you say per day...i would be worried about nourishment etc...BUT as you now have an answer you don't have to 'worry' like you have been.

i bought Jack one of the new Bonds polar fleece sleep suits yestyrday...washed it ready for bedtime last night...DH & i went out so Jack stayed with his grandparents...who bathed and dressed him...i bought size 0 (which looked HUGE!!!!!!) got home and saw him in it...OM F G!!!!! it is TINY!!!! DH said he looked like he had a wetsuit on...which cracked me up!!! so am off today to buy another...but size 1!!!!

Jan 2008

Quick hi before school run - last day of term phew!!

DH home today - so of course Zander has pulled out a 1.5hr morning sleep, and just got up from another 1.5hrs - all neatly after school run this morning, then awake so we went out for a nice lunch together, and then another sleep before we had to go out again grrrrrrr ............

Be back in a few days - hopefully we all get some rest and the kids exhaust themselves in all the fresh air with no tv or Wii ... or is that me ... oh no, no internet ... sheesh feel a headache coming on ...

Have a good Easter - and happy half year to bethany :hugs:

Nov 2008
    Cairns FNQ

Have a great break Sami. Try and get a rest in!!

... 678910 ...