Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

Tanya....we have a sleeping bag for Jack now.....he gets dressed in his normal Pj's under it...his is a winter one...is a 2.5togg...He also have a blanket just over him lightly aswell (only because our house is a freezing house!!!)
    Gro-bag ones are tops!!!!! very $$ but worth the money

How cute on the singing along bit....i have noticed lately...when i sing to Jack...row row row your boat...he grunts along...so i make the grunt noise back to him and he does it back to me...very funny...hubby laughs at Jack and i grunting to each other....

fluff - Thanks again for your suggestion of using a pillow on the high chair! I couldn't get a pillow to work but managed to use a blanket folded up underneath her. So tonight she was able to sit in her high chair and see her tray. I just feel like an air head for not thinking of it myself.

I've been looking at the gro-bags. They are very costly though.

any suggestions of what i can do to stop monsta from scratching his face at night? DP thinks we should strap his arms. DP says monsta looks like freddy krugar (sp?) from the horror movies *sigh*

im looking into getting some minky to make him a new pillowcase & mittens, is that a good idea?

Cheryl sweety I really hope that you don't go, you are definately part of the group, we've been through so much together you and I, TTC then belly buddies and now baby buddies, you and V belong on our group, big .

fluff yay for Jack getting a tooth.

Belfie Julian has been having running green poo for two weeks now and when I saw the Dr on Wed, he said it was most probably teething. I think I've read that green poo is also caused by bubs only drinking mostly the foremilk and not enough of the fatty milk.

teru just a silly question, have you cute his nails? mittens would be just fine as well.

Hi Amy, Tanya and Sami.

I've just brought some itti bitti's tonight, god I'm spending up on these nappies, but they are so cute.

Monster unleashed - me too Amanda - I have just bought 2 x IB's to try .... and mebbe looking at another couple right now ...

belfie - I know, I know, I know - but I figured if I could potentially be earning no income until Jan that I had to find a way to save so I could still do things I wanted to do - another 2 yrs in sposies is expensive, oh, um, er bad for the environment and it really satisfies shopping binges hehehehe

sleeping bags - me too! Rileys first ones were size 2's cos he was so big and also cos he was wrapped until 10/11 months cos he loved it .... so I need one for Zander (Giselles are too little! ...) want just lined cotton though - but dont wanna spend $85 on a gro-bag either .... yet I am spending $$$ onthese nappies LOL

gotta get to bed ( and mebbe finish buying another nappy ....)

SamiH - lol u just wanna shop nah, sounds like you've got good reasons. Re sleeping bags, I bought a jollybeans one and it's HUGE! they are 6-24 months (instead of the usual 6-18) and it has poppers on the side & bottom for when they're only 6 months. So I guess it's better value for $$ in the long run (plus it was a bit cheaper than a grobag). And it's all cotton. I still prefer the grobags tho.

teru - we had X living in mittens (fluff-a-holic will vouch for this tehe)... but he's learnt how to take 'em off with ease now, so he's been mitten-free for about 3 weeks now. I'm just cutting his nails like crazy now. The other trick is to put a mitten (or a long sock) on their hands, then a long sleeve over the top where the sleeve is a bit too long... then when they grasp the fabric, it's the sleeve not the mitten and they can't actually pull 'em off (at least he couldn't - but he's worked that out now too... ). Hmm have I warped him for life? GL with it! Oh and the best mittens I found were at Big W - $3.44 for a pack of two pairs of mittens. Can u tell I bought waaaay too many?

Tanya - sleeping bags... usually (IMO!).. a summer (.5 tog) bag will be one layer of fabric. A spring/autumn bag (1 tog) will be two thin layers of fabric, maybe both cotton or one cotton & one flannelette . And a winter bag (2.5 tog) will be padded in some way (usually polyester/quilty kinda padding) or very heavy thick cotton layers. And tog is a european warmth rating - the higher the tog, the warmer the product. Hunt on the tags, it might say somewhere in small print!
    • 1 tog: kinda 20-24 degrees nursery - shortsleeve through to LS bodysuit (i.e. no legs)
    • 2.5 tog: kinda 16-20 degrees nursery - LS & long pants through to LS bodysuit (i.e. no legs)

I usually sleep X in a 1 tog during the day, with long arms & feet (but nothing underneath) and at night a 2.5 tog and again an all-in-one sleepysuit. So saying, he's a hot sleeper and I'm paranoid about him overheating cos of his skin. And lol re Maya singing, too cute.

Well I rang the MHCN line for the first time. Took 5 times to get thru then was in a queue for 50 mins!!!! thank goodness for speaker phone. Anyways, nurse reckoned that teething causes yellow/brown poos but not green, and not as frequently as X's. She says to give it up to 10 days cos he's feeding well then take to doc... but reckons he's got a virus or a bug and it's not just teeth... cos he's going like 6 times a day (wakes himself up pooping). Oh and AmandaJ - it can't really be too much foremilk, cos he gets it all via a bottle... so it's mixed up, but thanks for the thought. Unless I'm not making as much hindmilk for some reason? But my milk looks the same as it ever did. I recokn he's tiring himself out tho, cos he slept for like 6 hours today! (between poops).

oh dear i'm talking about poop too much now.

amanda- I cut his nails real short but he still manage to scratch himself. its painful watching him scratch as he pretty much digs his nails in n grab
    Belfie- thx for the tip, will give it a try when I get them mittens. Have no clue where I've put his ones from when he was baby...
    Sami- nappy shopping is fun, I hate all kinds of shopping except supermarkets but I'm kinda addicted to nappy shopping lol.
    Tanya- I mustve missed it whilst I was away but where did u move to?

My little alarm clock climbs over dp face in the mornings its pretty funny cos we both fall back asleep n the next time we open our eyes the Monsta is up to no good! he always manage to find something different to surprise us

Hi ladies, how's it going?

Teru: Jude scratches his face too, no matter how often I cut his nails. I've been thinking of trying to file the corners smooth but cutting is already difficult enough. I'm just hoping he'll grow out of it. He seems to figure everything else out on his own.

Tanya: Check out the department stores (Myer, DJs) and see if they have any old stock they want to offload for half price. I bought a new (but old stock) grobag for $41 from DJs. I have a 1.0 tog that I use for Jude right now. The nursery thermometer that came with the grobag says 24 deg (or slightly less), but some nights it feels colder so we dress Jude in a full bodysuit with feet and all on cold nights. He sleeps well. I think you have to judge what is right for your baby (the grobag package says the same thing).

I took Jude for his 6-month checkup the other day (it was a bit delayed because he had been sick) and he's had a huge growth spurt. He went from the 5th percentile in length to the 30th percentile between 4 months and 6 months.

He's also been sleeping from 6.30pm to 6.30am with not so much as a peep right through the night. He's been doing that since about 5 months old. I never forced any routines or dreamfeeds on him, he just figured it out for himself.

Just 2 days ago he started rolling on to his tummy all the time (he has been able to roll for ages, but he hated being on his tummy) and now he pushes up with his feet so his bum sticks up in the air (with his face still down on the mat). I'm thinking he's pretty determined and it won't be too long before he starts crawling. Uh Oh!

Hope you're all well. Sorry I don't have time to read back through all the posts, I have to go to the supermarket.

KURAIZA Hi.. I've been wondering how you're going. Good news on the growth spurt. On ya Jude!

TERU Lol, how cute. You're monster climbing on your DP's face. I could just imagine it

BELFIE I don't think you can talk about poo's TOO much lol. It always makes interesting reading. That's interesting what the MHCN said. But if he had a big or virus, wouldn't it have gone by now? He's had these poo's for a while hasn't he?

SAMI & AMANDA Sounds like you've both found a new fettish... Cloth nappies. Good on you's. Maybe you's should have another bub to make the most of them

TANYA The gro bags are pricey.. The other one that I have is SNUG TIME. They are good, and cheaper. I bought mine at the DJ's sale last June for 30% off. I think, from memory, I paid around $30 or $40. BJ is in it now. It's 1.5tog but is a full suit, arms & legs. I'm waiting for the start of this years sale to buy a 2.5tog. But being in QLD I probably won't need it till late June/July

FLUFF Lol on the grunting. I bet it's so cute

HOLLYE Yay on Mia sitting & crawling. That's great

Well I've been trying to get BJ into a new routine... And it's not working! He only had 2 x 30min naps yesterday. My gosh, he was feral by 4pm. I had to play his baby einstein DVD to give us a break. He's been waking around 5am for a feed. I'm dreamfeeding him later (around 10/10.30pm) & he's waking earlier I guess it might just take more persistance. I do remember when I implemented the last routine he begun waking in the middle of the night again, but it only took a week or so for him to slide into it.

His doing really well on his BLS. Not gagging much anymore. His favourite foods are avocado & cucumber. He'll choose them over everything else.

belfie - Thanks for the info on sleeping bags. I have a snugtime & one other that someone gave me but can't find a TOG rating anywhere on them. Though Maya doesn't seem to like being in them all that much so maybe I should keep using them for a bit to see if she gets used to them before spending $$ on getting more. Yeah getting through on the MCH line is a long wait.. but I've always found them very helpful when I call them. Maya has always done green/runny poos and I've never known if that was something to worry about or not. The MCHN never seemed to be concerned by it though.

teru - I moved across the other side of the yarra closer to my family.

kuraiza - Thanks for the info to check out Myer and DJs for sleeping bags. I'll have a look next time I get to a shopping centre. And yay on the growth and good nights sleep.

Georgi - I hope BJ settles back into a routine soon!

Well.. I keep feeling down about Maya's weight. I think my struggle and worry comes from the fact that she was such a big bubba at birth (4 kgs!) and TBH I thought how lucky I am to have such a big, healthy baby. I thought she'll grow really fast and big. And now she is so tiny (5.7kgs)! And I don't know if it's because she has some horrible disease or I did not feed her enough or she is just meant to be tiny. I am continuing to wake her at 11pm and giving her a 'dream feed'. If I don't wake her she doesn't wake for a feed all night and I feel guilty and worry that she might not have eaten enough all day. I just so hope my little girl is OK!!

Awww Tanya - I really do empathise with you with the whole weight thing. Giselle was 8pd so not 4kg, but still a good size. Now at just turned 4 she is 13kg - the same weight Riley was when he turned 1!!! I absolutely stressed the first 12 months of her life re her weight gains - she never ate, constantly vomited - but she continued to meet all the milestones. As you would have seen on my FB pics - she is teeny. It takes all types and shapes to make up the world - Maya looks healthy, she is meeting all her milestones too, is eating, you are doing a great job, the best you possibly can. And you are still b/f too - another big plus. I gave up b/f totally with Giselle at 6 months and was comp feeding her from 4 months because of trying to get her to put on more weight - hun, it really doesnt work IMO.

Re her dream feed - why dont you just snuggle into bed a bit earlier then if she doesnt wake overnight for a feed and not worry about the feed. She will let you know if she is hungry and if she starts to wake again, try it again. Zander doesnt dream feed and I am up again ususally between 4 and 5am every morning again - but I think cos he is hungry and wont eat yet etc - but I know he will eventually.

Hi to everyone, no more time for personals - got a cranky bub who just wants to held today Lucky he is still so damn cute

Hey Tanya - well that's interesting, and I have no idea if this is wrong, but I always thought they weren't supposed to be green/runny on a regular basis? Might be a stupid question, but I'm assuming MHCN & paed know they were? I thought it usually indicated too much foremilk (as AJ said) or lactose issues mebbe? Does she poo often? In our case, X went from pooing every 5 or so days, to pooing about 6-8 times a day, and they are green green GREEN! So a definite change for us, and we're off to the doc today cos it still hasn't settled.

My MIL suggested I should wean the other day, cos I was saying (biiiig mistake) that I was having trouble keeping up with him supply-wise. Helpful huh! I am now contrarily determined to go even longer (if I can)...

We had the funniest day yesterday. I held him up to DH's face for a kiss before his nap.. before we knew it, rather than a sweet smooch on the cheek, their lips had aligned, and X seized the moment... for a french kiss!!! the expression on DH's face was hilarious!!! And also, X is on the move! No, not crawling, but he's finally rolling every which way, and he is off & about! I was hanging washing with him on his play mat. By the time I'd turned my back, he rolled over to the clothes horse and was happily munching on my bra!

Georgi - how is the new routine goign?

SamiH - Z any happier today?

Kuraiza - good to see you back - it must be the season for all the long lost folks to reappear! That's great re Jude's growth spurt!

Thanks Sami - I can't help worrying about her weight sometimes though. I don't worry about it all the time cos I do often look at her and see that she looks well and happy. But then I see and hear all the other babies growing so much bigger than her and she's not growing at all. It does help hearing about Giselle. I sometimes feel like Maya is the only baby who just doesn't grow and forget that other babies are/were like her. As for b/f I've thought a few times about giving up and putting her on formula cos I thought it might help Maya put more weight on. But then I thought what if it doesn't make any difference and I've just swapped her to formula for no good reason. The dream feed is formula though, so my DH can do it if I'm too tired. I'm now doing 4 b/fs a day + 1 formula.

belfie - Yeah Maya's poos have worried me (as well as her weight). I've always wondered if the two problems were connected somehow. But when I tell people (MCHN, doctors, etc) they don't seem to be worried about it. Hmm.. I mean I guess her poo isn't bright green all the time but it's often green - varying from bright to dark. And she was doing many poos a day until around 6 months. Now she sometimes goes a day or two without a poo. And sometimes she will still spend a whole day pooing. They aren't as runny as they used to be though (I guess cos she's on solids). So yeah they have changed now and aren't as green or runny any more. I was hoping that would mean she'd maybe put more weight on now? But it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Last week I noticed a white spot on Maya's gum. Then yesterday I noticed there is a huge white lump on her gum!! Which I assume is a tooth (otherwise there is something very wrong with her gum!). It's poking out the side of her gum at the moment.. hasn't come all the way down yet. I've been focusing my attention on looking at her bottom gums, so I think that's why I missed it till now. As usual Maya doesn't do things by the book. I think it's her top right canine tooth coming out first! AND.. I think I can see her two top front teeth coming down. Do they come down at the front of the gum?? I think they are just under the surface at the front.

[QUOTE=belfie;1782201 I am now contrarily determined to go even longer (if I can)... [/QUOTE]

belfie - our next goal is my birthday remember - 23/05 so only 2 days shy of 8 months

And yes, that poo doesnt sound very good at all matey - green long term indicates something else happening with the digestion - or are you just feeding him too much avocado

Tanya - oh well if DH does the dreamfeed lucky ducky Zander is still on 5 feeds a day at the moment too - but he did sleep through again for me last night 7 - 6.30 so happy with that ....

and the front teeth do come down from the front of the gums, it looks like something out of a horror movie lol - a canine hey??? Cheeky bugger ....

Well just a quickie and hi to everyone else whilst Zander soggies up a cruskit with avo - gosh what a mess, it takes alot to refrain myself from picking every bit up that falls from his mouth gotta learn sometime - even if he is just gettign the taste and texture.

BBL

Hi All,

Tanya - I too feel some connection with you in relation to V and Maya's weight. I noticed that Maya isnt touching the graph in the blue book either. Everytime I look at V she still seems alot younger than what she is with how little she is. I can tell she is getting longer tho. As for V gaining weight I am worried that the past week dropped her down a bit, as well she has been a bit constipated and worried that, that is where her weight gain is, ( a backlog of poop) I have had trouble with her pooping ever since I stopped BFing, and after even changing the formula, it still seems the same. She always seems to have trouble, and strains all the time. I had her on a laxative type thing the Dr wanted me to give her which seemed to help a bit, she seems alot happier yet I am just worried she will go back to normal again with straining. She also is abit happier too because she is alot better now. Funny, you have the runny poop going on and I have the pastey poop going on. Hopefully Maya and V will gain weight more quickly soon hun. I look at V and know that she is doing well tho, as is Maya. What more can we ask for but happy healthy bubs.

Amanda - How is little Jack doing? We have been thru a bit together you and I havent we. Doesnt it seem like along time ago now? Where do you find the time to want to clean nappies? I just dont have the time, the washing is already continuously on, I feel more tied down to the washer than to the kitchen. Good on you hun. hugs

Georgi - How is little BJ? I hope he has settled for you again. Sorry I missed your call the other night, I had my head in the oven cleaning it, and V was still quite whingey. Thankfully she has been alot more happier since the broncholitis. Took over a week for her to even get her appetite back and is still not quite there tho. At least she has started to eat a few more things than before. Thankyou too, I will call you soon hun, hopefully I will catch you. hugs

Belfie - Hi Hunni, thanks so much too, I think I have been alittle emotional lately. Have you been able to get back into WW, I have tried but feel like the motivation has gone out the window. With any luck will get my butt into gear soon. I hope everything is ok with X, let us know how the Dr's went.

Kuraiza - Wow Jude is doing fantastically, I am so happy for you. I cant wait for V too hit the graph for her weight. That will make my day.

Teru - I hope all is ok hun. hugs

Hi Sami, Fluff, and Hollye as well as anyone else I may have missed. I hope all is well.

Well,

V has her first Tooth.......

It broke her gum on Sunday. Her second one looks very close at coming out too, so we will see how long that one takes.

I bought some gro-bags on sale for $30.00 each a few weeks back, I was so happy with that bargain. V finally seems happy again, While she was sick she was sooo quiet, would just lay there and wouldnt babble much at all. She would still smile all the time, but wouldnt giggle. I am so glad she is feeling better, and eating better. I was getting so worried about her.
    Ohh and today I made a WW's banana bread and have been sitting here typing this while eating some and having a cuppa. Mmmmmmm. hugs.

well the doc thought that X was just hunkydory... fine, alert, etc... so we're doing a stool sample to test for bugs, otherwise just viral or his digestion adjusting to solids (thought this was a bit of a cop-out - he's been on solids for about 7 weeks now!). So we'll see. Then I wondered if it was farex, I know the iron can turn poos green, but he hasn't had it that consistently... and it really is runny runny runny leaking everywhere (shall I be more graphic? ). And no SamiH he hasn't had much avocado... cheeky you are!

csab - I'm with you on the emotional & WW! I'm trying to get myself motivated, a little scared of the scales atm.... but I know I'll feel good if I get back to it.
    V - congrats on your first toothy-peg!

Tanya - GL with maya's weight gain, it sounds so stressful for you X is sending her big fatty-boomba vibes.

I'll have my TMI whinge here, cos I can't have it elsewhere. My prolapse is playing up again majorly (mebbe from doing everyhting while DH outta actioN? dunno). So not only am I car-less for lots of the time, but I can't even go walking now . Grrrrr. And it's really not something you can complain to your neighbour about when you meet at the shops! I swear I'm gonna have surgery on it after we've finished making babies... not putting up with this for the rest of my life!

Cheryl Julian is going great except for his green poo, I have no idea what is going on. Dr last week said it was from either teething or tummy bug, he's still got it though. Lol at the extra washing, I think I'm at the point were I think ah what's another load. Yay on V getting her first tooth.

Sami I'm wanting to get that exact nappy, Z looks so cute in it. What have you got in your stash now?

Belfie you go girl, keep going as long as you want, it's not up to your MIL. Lol at X giving DH a frenchy, Julian has tried it on me but I've just moved in time, hehe.

Tanya not long until Maya has her toothy peg popping through, Julian is onto his 3rd week of green poo's and it's most nappies, sometimes it's orangey/yellow, but mostly green and now it's getting phlem in it. But he had his needles last week so some could be from that.

Georgi ssshhhhhh, I'm already getting clucky, you never know there might been another one in a year or so

Hi Kurazia and teru, I hope that you are both doing well.

Not much going on here, off to finish the pumpkin for Julian's dinner.

Sami - Yeah I think it's definitely the top front teeth I can see coming down. It does look freaky! I just can't believe she started with one of her back teeth first! The good thing is that she doesn't seem to be too upset by her teeth coming down. So hopefully it'll stay that way!! Oh and yay on the sleep. I hope that means you got a good nights sleep too!!

csab - Yay on the tooth. Which tooth is coming through? Where did you get your gro-bag from? I know what you mean about them looking younger than they are. I tried out a playgroup yesterday and a mum had a 3 month old girl that was same size (maybe slightly bigger) than Maya. And Maya is almost 7 months now. You could tell Maya was older though cos Maya could do a lot more than the 3 month old.

belfie - Yeah I kept getting told that everything was OK re: Maya's green runny poos. But I guess hers weren't green all the time. Hopefully X is OK!

Hi to everyone else.

I got fluffy mail today.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast