Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

Belfie - I hope you are ok re the prolapse. Sorry you are going thru that. It would be nice to get some sort of answer re X instead all is fine. You have to wonder how runny poop can be fine. I do know that alot of bubs get the runs a bit from teething, unfortunately V is the other way. Too clogged up. You know I am scared of the scales too, yet I cant help but stand on them every morning and I am disgusted.

Amanda - I have to admit, I am clucky too. If only DH would slip up, hahaha. Yet I have to say that that wont happen. Cant see any more little bubba's from me in the near future or the distant one. Yet I can always hope and hehehe. I am glad Julian is doing well apart from his poop, hope it settles soon. If you want some more washing I will mail it too you.

Tanya - V got her nottom front tooth, and the one next to it should be next. Its funny seeing bubs younger than V and they are bigger than her. I love sitting V in her bumbo, but she disappears in it, even tho she is starting to fill it out. One of my friends has a baby girl 7wks older than V and her legs wont even fit thru the bumbo. ANother friend has a little baby boy and he is 5wks 4days younger than V and has been bigger than her since he was born. I was talking to a lady who just had her little boy 11days ago and he was around 3.5kg, and I am thinking that this little man might shoot past V with in the next month or so. As for the gro bags, I am lucky my Sister works for a baby shop who had a sale on. hehehe. She always keeps a look out for me on some specials.

I have a Monsta alarm clock! 9am on the dot every morning. Dp was saying normal babies only work on a 12 hr schedule, whereas our Monsta goes from 9to12, 15 hrs...

Anyways, he's decided he doesn't like sleeping on his side anymore n has reverted back to sleeping on his tummy. Not only that, he's worked out having a 5s power naps whilst playing is enough to make him last longer. He'll just put his head down regardless what he's doing making us think he's gone to sleep but then, he bounces back to his normal self within seconds... But then there r times when he just falls asleep mid-way doing something, just like the time I was feeding him from a spoon. It was a pretty funny sight.

Have a quick question, what do u use to de-scale ur steriliser? it says citric acid on the side, but have no idea what it is! I've always been baffled by why my bottle teats have turned miky in colour, guess its prolly the lime...is there any way I can make them clear again or its gonna stay that way forever?

csab - Are you breast or formula feeding?

I am so tired today. Maya woke at 3.30, 4.30, 5.30 and 6.30. The first three times DH or I managed to resettle her. She's also gone off food a bit. I'm wondering if it could be related to the teeth?? Oh and I managed to have a bit of a longer look in her mouth this morning. She's not very cooperative when I try and look in her mouth. Then again I wouldn't enjoy someone poking around in my mouth! hehe.. Anyway.. I can see all her top teeth sitting just under the gum!! I assume that means that they are all coming down?? Now I'm wondering how long does it take for the teeth to appear once you can see them under the gum?

I used her snugtime sleeping bag for her morning nap with a long sleeve body suit. I think the snugtime might be an autumn one? Anyway, I was worried that she wouldn't sleep well in it cos she now likes to sleep on her tummy! (which I find very funny because she used to HATE being on her tummy and now she sleeps on her tummy). But I found her on her tummy so she obviously can roll in it still. And she had a long nap. So I'll keep using it and see how it goes.

Tanya - when X first rolled (in january) it was in his sleeping bag, and if anything it seemed to help him roll. So I reckon she'll be fine in it. And it means their legs can't get stuck in the cot bars which is handy. That's a bummer of a night, hopefully things'll be better today, the long nap sounds promising!

Teru - it's not my steriliser, but I de-scale my bottle warmer with 1 part white vinegar to two parts water. The manual said I could do that or citric acid. I also read somewhere to get citric acid from the pharmacy (I had no idea where to get the stuff) but I've never bothered.

csab - poor V being clogged up, that's no fun. Well I had to collect a "sample" of mr X's green doodoos this morning... eeeeww so not fun!! But it's done & dropped off, and of course i"m sure it'll show absolutely nothing! Re the prolapse (geez, it's fun at our place), thanks, I'm back to see my physio again next week, but when i phoned her to say this is ridiculous, she just told me to do everythign I'm already doing *sigh* and it's gotten worse... so I dunno. Just gotta keep off my feet as much as possible - easier said than done tho!

Gosh i dont know where to start - whenever i decide i am going to post another 10 posts appear .....

AmandaJ - I still only have 3 nappies LOL BUT 10 are due to arrive from various sources hopefully by the end of this week and early next week. I have taken the blanket approach of buy one of everything nearly (hehehehe) to see what suits, but so far I LOVE the cushie tushies cos they are snap-ins and doesnt take time to put things together etc .... I am only doing pockets/AIO/AI2's - wont be doing fitted and covers. Itti's should arrive tomorrow so cant wait to see with all the rave about them. But I did just order Spotty dog and Bumblebee Cushie's today too

Belfie - hmmmmm I am sure you are very diligent with your exercises too - and yes you will need to ensure all ok before you TTC so you can carry bubs ... I have a story about something to do with that too ... always a story ..... poor lab technicians hey - poo under the microscope and all that.

Tanya - how long is a piece of string?? Haha - Zanders top teeth have been sitting in front of gums for about 3 months - I keep checking them occasionally cos whn I first saw them I thought for sure they would be soon but nope - and he is still uneven with this one tooth cut - wish the other one would hurry up.

Teru - no idea about the milkiness!

Csab - clucky!! Well me too LOL But I know it won't happen - I just love the littleness of newborns and watching them grow. Busy life isn't it!

Kuraiza - good to hear Jude sleeps through - just think back 4 months when we couldn't see a sleep night in sight - I am glad it has clicked for you both.

Well Zander has slept the last 2 nights all night as well - so he must of grabbed a night from Maya and a night from BJ Mebbe he is taking in some of that stuff we call food and it is getting him through .... who knows?

Fluff - I can tell you have gone back to work LOL - its a balance sometimes to get ME time when working as well, so I hope you are doing ok too.

Hi to everyone else. Gotta go and wake Zander (grrrr) for school run At least he is fed so should be ok. Poor bugger LOL

SAMI Thanks for returning BJ. He slept till 5.15am this morning. I fed him & put him back to bed till 7am. Much much better

TANYA BJ & Maya were on the phone the other night. The exact same thing happened to us. How was she last night? BJ was good. Plus, I noticed yesterday the White under his gums at the top. They are definately on the same page It took months for BJ's bottom ones to come through once I noticed the white through the gum. But every baby is different! Oh, and I still dream feed BJ. He's not a big milk feeder so I want to be sure he's had enough. He doesn't take much at that feed, I guess it's just a top up. I'm just not ready to give it up yet

TERU Try vinegar, water with bi carb to clean your bottles & steriliser. LOL on the monster falling asleep randomly. That's so funny

CSAB Glad to see you back. I was with Renstar the other day & Ava is 5.2kgs, I was just picturing how little V is. She must be so adorable, a little doll. BJ is doing good, now. Looks like we play phone tag ALL THE TIME! Oh the joys...

AMANDA Woohoo.. You go girl. I am in awe of you having so many kids. If I had started younger I would probably go for 3 but we've decided to have the 2nd before I'm 35 then that's it.

BELFIE Boo about the prolapsse but yay for X being hunky dory! Pft to you MIL about you still expressing. You are doing such an amazing job. BJ's routine is going OK. He hasn't slotted into it all that well but i'm still working with it

BJ hasn't settled into this routine as well as I would like. The problem is HE CATNAPS during the day. He's lucky to get a total of 2 hours sleep through the day.

HOW MANY HOURS DO YOUR BABIES SLEEP DURING THE DAY?

I'm still trying different tactics to get him to sleep more but it aint happening

belfie - Oh yes not getting her legs stuck in the bars would be a very good thing. The other night about an hour after we put her to bed we heard Maya screaming and ran in her room to find her leg caught and her body all twisted as she was desperately trying to get it out. Poor bubba. Though with the sleeping bag I'm finding her legs end up sticking out of the holes at the bottom. Do all sleeping bags have them? For ages I couldn't work out what they were for and finally realised they are for putting straps through like in a stroller or the car. When do you get the results for X's poos?

Sami - So the teeth could be months and months still. I'm just excited that I can see them all under the gums. And today I can see her bottom teeth. And her gums are bulging!! So they are definitely on the move. I just don't know if they will stop there for now or break through soon. Ohhh I got my BG so I'm trying it on her this morning. It looks like it is fitting well. I found the Ittis leaked, but it's probably cos her legs are so skinny! I hope Z is continuing to sleep for you!

Georgi - yeah Maya slept better last night too. Actually I thought she slept all the way through till my DH told me this morning that he had settled her once last night. I didn't hear a thing though. I find Maya drinks the most at night time because she is still so sleepy and will just keep sucking even if she drops off to sleep. I have no idea how I will end up dropping that feed because at the moment I am giving her a bottle of formula and then putting her on the bb cos I am worried about giving up the bb entirely for that feed. Which is all a bit silly I realise and obviously means I have to do that feed most of the time, whereas if I give up the bb then my DH could do half/half or something. It also means she's probably eating heaps at that time so I dunno how I could get her to sleep all night without it.

As for sleeps - Does BJ take a dummy? I always try and put Maya down without a dummy but I find that if she has a dummy she'll sleep longer. Maya's day naps vary but most days she probably has between 3 to 5 hours of sleep during the day.

This is turning into a very long post. One last thing:
    Yesterday I visited a friend of mine and they have a swing outside that you can strap babies into. Well I put Maya into it and she was really enjoying it. Big smiles and giggling. So I kept pushing. She kept smiling. Then she started to nod off in it. So I kept pushing and she dozed off. Can you see where this is going? Cos I couldn't at the time! She suddenly woke and was crying and coughing. And what did I think.. oh she must be cold. So I went to get her out.. and vomit.. and vomit and vomit. Now I know what vomiting looks like. Poor bubby. She was white as a ghost too. She must have been motion sick. I felt like such an idiot for continuing to push her and making her sick. then again how was I supposed to know. Won't be doing that again though.

Quote Originally Posted by *Tanya* View Post
    belfie Though with the sleeping bag I'm finding her legs end up sticking out of the holes at the bottom. Do all sleeping bags have them? For ages I couldn't work out what they were for and finally realised they are for putting straps through like in a stroller or the car. When do you get the results for X's poos?
    Some sleeping bags are travel ones and have the holes, and others do not. I prefer the bags without as I found X stuck his feet/legs out thru 'em too. Plus I find he tends to get too hot if I put him in the car seat in them. So saying, you could probably sew the hole up if you wanted?
    Re the poo results, well they said they'd call me IF he has a bug... and then we'd need to go back in. Otherwise, just keep an eye on him and doing everything normal.

Oh noes on the swing! I hired a little swing recently and after what seemed a promising start, he ended up not liking it either, he'd start crying so I'd take him out. Don't blame yourself, there's only one way to find out these things!

Re routine... X sleeps between 3 and 6 hours per day - probably 4-5 hrs usually. His routine, if you're interested:
    • 1st feed about 8am: up ~1 hour, then usually sleeps for 1 hr 45 mins
    • 2nd feed about 11am: up ~2 hours, then usually sleeps for 1 hr 45 mins (seriously, I've been tracking it, was like clockwork for a few days!)
    • 3rd feed about 3pm: up ~2 hours, then usually sleeps for 1 hr
    • 4th feed about 6.30pm: up for 1 hour 30 mins (max! or he get's overtired but doesn't show it until I try settle him!).
      Then he sleeps overnight then starts again next day at about 8am.

I'd be interested to hear others, as I really have no idea how typical or weird this is. Sometimes his waking times vary, but I pretty much follow the timeframes (i.e. 1, 1.5 or 2 hours) for each feed even if the waking time has varied.

Well I had a fun day today - met Tan(star) & James for some hot chocky & shopping. Didn't do hardly ANY of the errands I shoulda done, but just chilled and had fun! Was great, and I got me a new t-shirt

P.S. X's poo... still forest green! But he still seems fine - mebbe he's colour coordinating with my wardrobe?

Hiya Girls

Belifie.... this is Jacks routine...

6.30am(ish)wake, up dressed, play
    8.00am bottle (dropped off to nanas at this time)
    8.30am/8.45am breakfast
    9.30/10.00am sleep (20mins-45mins), then play/go for a walk
    12.00 bottle
    12.30/12.45 lunch
    1.30/1.45pm sleep (1hr-1 1/2 hrs)
    2.30 picked up from nanas
    3.00 sleep (1/2hr), play
    4.00 bottle sleep (45mins)
    5.00 dinner
    6.15pm bath
    6.30pm bottle
    7.00pm bed

this is Jacks day.....everyday..regardless...no ifs/buts....

we have another tooth just about to pop through....poor little man
    His 2 top teeth are starting to move down..i can see them sitting under the gum...
    Crawling is getting quicker by the minute!!!!
    Is also getting up on his hands and knees (in the most innappropriate place...the BATH) and then does a belly buster and dunks his face in the bath....also manages to crawl in the bath...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by belfie View Post
    • 1st feed about 8am: up ~1 hour, then usually sleeps for 1 hr 45 mins
    • 2nd feed about 11am: up ~2 hours, then usually sleeps for 1 hr 45 mins (seriously, I've been tracking it, was like clockwork for a few days!)
    • 3rd feed about 3pm: up ~2 hours, then usually sleeps for 1 hr
    • 4th feed about 6.30pm: up for 1 hour 30 mins (max! or he get's overtired but doesn't show it until I try settle him!).
      Then he sleeps overnight then starts again next day at about 8am.
    That's pretty much our routine too. Except about an hour out. And I do a 5th feed around 11pm ish. Also I usually wake Maya up from naps otherwise she'd just sleep and sleep and sleep. Occasionally she will wake up earlier or on time though.

Maya is suddenly moving around a whole lot more. She only has ever rolled where I place her. Today she's been moving across the room. It keeps giving me a fright cos I expect her to be where I left her if I turn around for a sec! She's pretty quick too! And she's worked out she can turn herself around on the spot. No crawling yet.. but I've noticed her trying.

Monsta's daily routine (kinda)
    * wake up 830/9am feed, play
    * 1st nap 1030/11am for half hr to hr n half
    * nap again around 2pm, half hr tops
    * same thing 530/6pm then 8pm
    * goes down for the night around 10pm sometimes later

Not much going on here been very busy or at least feel very busy. Julian has been in MCN's for the last two days and they have been great. My mum is coming down from Hervey Bay tonight so will get to spend mothers day with her.

Julians routine

6:30/7am wakes for the day has a feed
    9:30am another feed then bed/sleep for half an hour to an hour
    midday another feed
    12:30/1pm back to bed for another hour
    2/2:30pm up and play
    4/4:30pm feed and sometimes a small nap 1/2hr
    5:30/6pm feed and bed for the night

He's just started to wake during the night maybe 2 times for a small feed.

Funny we should be talking about routines, we have just had to rejig ours. It was definately part of the the big break down of last week. Now we are much "stricter" not that I like that word!!

Bethany usually gets up around 7am plays for a bit and then bottle, after bottle she will have her morning real food. From there we try to keep a cycle of being up for 1.5hrs-2hrs max and bed for 60mins. This has cut out the cat napping big time!! Sometimes she isn't asleep but she is learning to be quiet and just rest for whatever time she isn't sleeping. After about an hour she gets up feeds and then stays up for that 1.5-2hrs. It has really helped capping the amount of time she is awake for cause now she isn't getting over tried and having her in bed for an hour has helped her have bigger day sleeps meaning nights are better because she isn't overtried. She is much easier to deal with during the day too now. She isn't getting tried and frustrated as often. She usually goes down for the night anywhere from 6pm onwards and although she was sleeping through she has also started waking for a feed around 3am. Maybe a growth spurt??

We are changing to soy formula sometime soon. Bethany is just struggling with her feeds and this just seems the lowest intervention if that makes sense. My GP gave me a script for reflux meds but I am not comfortable using them yet. We are also doing BLS, would you believe the speech pathologist recommended it!! Bethany was assessed by her this week and she thought that was the best way to introduce solids for her, well since we have done that she has just gone nuts!! Bethany loves food time Huge change from the horrors we had before.

Well the husband is due home any second and he will want to have dinner and watch masterchef which I am taping for him!! (yes we have become engrossed in masterchef!!)

Oh and the final report is in on the sinuses.....after a CT scan yesterday......THEY ARE STUFFED! Waiting to hear back on an appointment with the ENT specialists....more surgery here I come.

AMY You should come & join us in the BLS thread. That's interesting that the speech path recommended it.

TANYA No, BJ doesn't take a dummy. No matter how hard I tried, he thinks it's a toy & chews on it

AMANDA Thank you! It's good to know that my baby isn't the only one that sleeps only 2hours or less a day. I was begining to think I was doing something wrong. Are you still bf? I just noticed you only give 4 feeds a day, are they BF's? I'm still doing 5 to 6 but mainly cause I think he's not getting much at each feed cause he doesn't feed for long

Here's our routine recently. It's just they way BJ has set it. He's ammended the one I tried to implement

5am BF back to sleep
    7am Wake up & BF
    7.30am Solids
    9.30 Sleep around 40mins
    10.30 Feed
    11am Solids
    1.30pm Sleep around 1hour
    2.30pm BF
    Sometimes afternoon nap if in pram or car
    5.15pm Solids
    6pm Bath
    6.30pm BF
    7pm Bed
    9.45pm Dream feed

BJ's top teeth are going to cut any day now. One has already split the gum. He's been very clingy & a little whingy but hasn't needed any pain relief. I think that's due to the teething necklace.

TANYA I now KNOW that is why he had those 2 bad nights sleep. He's been good for the last 2 though.

He now loves to sit & play. He still likes to roll around everywhere but he definately prefers sitting.

Is anyone elses bub squeeling like a monkey? He just doesn't stop. I was so embarrased at the Post office the other day when I was standing in line & BJ just keep squeeling, so loud. Everyone in the line was laughing at him. Then today, I was on the phone to Three regarding my mobile & he just kept squeeling, the lady on the phone was laughing. Why can't he go goo ga like a baby is suppose to???

Gosh, you girls make me feel like a very disorganised person - if you knew me IRL though you would know that is so far from the truth ...

If he wakes early morning from 4 - 6 I will feed and pop him back to bed. He will then sleep up until 8am. Then I have to shove my boob in at 8.20 if he had an early one regardless if he is not yet demanding it to do school run etc .... I won't go on - my day has some structure, but like yesterday he had a nearly 3 hour sleep in the middle of the day which was perfect for school, and then today has had 4 x 30 naps - he is just unpredictable ....

Georgi - so an AVG I would say he has 3 hours a day - but that depends on what time he gets up in the morning, and I wont wake him unless it is getting to be after 8 and i have to feed him etc.

Zander has been red cheeked and whingy all day - hmmmm must be the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Georgi View Post
    Is anyone elses bub squeeling like a monkey? Why can't he go goo ga like a baby is suppose to???
    LOL i'm so with you Georgi - I get both squealing and raspberries. I was in the bank, and he just did not STOP with the raspberries, I was getting quite some looks!

As for red-cheeked, OMG I think X's top teeth are soooo close. He was whingy today too, bright red, and the white line on the top gum. Hmmm.

I had a ***** of a day. Just one of those days, topped off by the dog getting some bone stuck in her teeth, so emergency trip to the vet - me in DH's car... X in the back, the dog on the front passenger seat (with harness on) because she was drooling SOOOOO much (4inch long drool anyone?) that i didn't dare sit her next to X in the back. Sure it looked classic with a big black wolfie dog next to me in the front. So wrong. Anyways, we get there, and the bone promptly fell out! So saved myself a vet fee at least. And just lots of other small things yah-de-yah-da. Ho hum, bring on mother's day weekend. I'm getting some digital kitchen scales. I know cos I asked for 'em... and I peeked! Mwahahahaha. Then I told DH I peeked. Geez i'm a criminal mastermind huh. I'm not in trouble cos he thinks its so funny!

and on the routine, OMG I think i'm not allowed to complain again, X sleeps heaps think that's why he's so fat!

BELFIE Too funny. You're cheeky peeking at your pressie.

Well BJ finally slept through till 7am! I did hear him wake for a few minutes at 1am & DH said he woke again at 3am but I didn't hear him so he probably just stirred. I am guessing his teeth are peeping through again, that's why he woke. I haven't checked yet. He's too busy chowing on his fruit atm

Is anyone elses bub squeeling like a monkey?
    I thought it was just Bethany doing a girl thing. OMG it is horredous when she gets going! I am terrifed to go to church tomorrow... Good thing our pastor has a sense of humour!!

I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a
    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
    for tomorrow. Especially those of us for which it is our first!
    Have a great day girls.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast