Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

Not much going on here, I took Julian for his check up at the physio this morning and his tilt has got better, but she is a bit worried that he isn't using his right hand very much, so we have some more exercises to do and have to go back after easter for another check-up. As for easter we've done all the shopping and have got everything for the boys and a very cute bunny for Julian.

Got my hair done yesterday arvo and I look decent again.

Tanya I wouldn't stress to much over solids and really the MCHN shouldn't be forcing her views on you, you know your baby better then her, so you start when you think Maya is ready, and if it's after you move then so be it.

hugs xoxo

Jack is getting so frustrated...only moving backwards...me...well i end up trying NOT to laugh at him....

we have.....

COMMANDO CRAWLING !!!!!!!

Soooooooooooo funny!!!!

belfie - found out on friday Mia has Excema (sp). is there anything that im not doing that i should? she had dermaid cream, sensitive washing powder, QV bath oil.....

Hollye - hijacking here

My first 2 had bad eczema - Zander seems to escaped it thank goodness.

Sensitive washing powder - not Lux - I found the sensitive flared my kids patches up even more so just watch for any reaction. Other thing to be mindful of too is making sure she is in 100% cotton most of the time so her skin can breath, making sure she doesnt get overheated - better for her to be a bit cooler and you can add a layer rather than too heavy and hot clothes-wise, dont keep your house too clean with sprays and stuff LOL - orange spray cleaner or something like that if you use it for benches, not spray & wipe etc - QV is good, we have used AlphaKeri and Hamiltons also both bath oils and lotions - try not to bath her too often so if you have incorporated a bath into a bedtime routine, try every 3rd night for a bath, and just put a massage with lotion in where bath should be .... Gotta take G to calisthenics - if I think of anything else I will pop back

again sorry to hijack where abouts does she have it??

I steamed pumpkin and zucchini fingers for Z last night and I think he might of actually swallowed some too lol. He was keen so maybe he just needs real food hey! Upside, my DD who never eats pumpkin, thoguht the pumpkin fingers lookd yummy and cos Zander was eating them - she ate 3 thick fingers too

:yeahthat:

lol nice hijacking - agree with most of that
    for us, the laundry detergents didn't seem to make discernible difference - we use Omo for normal washing and Amolin for nappy flats/towels (anything he lies on nekkid basically).

re moisturisers, we had recommended Dermeze (paraffin-type very greasy) and Dermaveen (just the normal lotion not hte eczema - oatmeal based, more of a lotion). The Dermeze seems to do much more for his dry skin than the Dermaveen which I think is a bit more anti-inflammatory but just doesn't do as much for him. We use QV bath oil in the bath (tried a sample of a dermaveen wash, wasn't as good for us).

We were also prescribed two cortison creams - Celestone-M for his body (but not in the "folds") and Dermaid for the face (use sparingly). Nowadays his is mostly in his little fat creases (knees, ankles, elbows) which is a pain cos we can't use the Celestone there anyway. So, I also bought some moogoo which seems to work just as well in the creases (given we can't use the cortisone in the creases) so I now use a combo of moo goo and the creams above (IMO the moo goo is a bit more expensive tho). I also tried "medihoney" eczema cream as I'd heard good things but it did nothing for X. I have also tried eczema shield (a probiotic) and additional fish oils - both of which maybe helped a little. Depends how bad she is too. The key is definitely moisturise, moisturise, moisturise - we do every feed (head to toe) and he only gets bathed once a week (he gets very grumpy/itchy after baths).

Definitely agree with SamH re cotton clothes. I have a heap of those polyfleece kinda blankets all sitting in the cupboard not being used. X seems to be a very hot sleeper so cotton layers work a treat.

Oh and I don't htink my house is too clean either mwahahaha.

GL with it I know I was really upset when X first got it, but now like anything, we've learned how to best manage it. I hope it's not bothering her or you too much. Mwah.

We tried X on some avocado yesterday, seemed to like it much more than the farex (well there was less of the poison face!), so will be interesting to see how today goes. Nice work with Z on the pumpkin too!

and Kat - on the commando crawling, that's great! tehehee.

Amanda - Thanks. Actually I find a lot of people are telling me to start solids to help Maya put on weight. I am ignoring them though! That's great that you got your hair done. I can't wait to get mine done again.

katones - You'll have to tape Jack's crawling.

On the weekend I decided to try giving Maya some solids. I tried cooked apple because she seems to love sucking on raw apple, but nope she doesn't like the cooked apple in her mouth. I also tried some rice cereal mixed with BM and nope she doesn't like that either. I'm glad I tried it because now I can tell the MCHN that I tried. But I'm not going to push her to eat. I know she'll eat when she's ready.

Yesterday we picked up the keys to our new place. So now the countdown to moving is on.

Very quiet in here.

Just thought I'd pop on to say that other people are able to hold Maya now! For about 5 to 10 minutes. But that's so good! Before she'd cry the second I passed her over to someone else. I'm hoping that means she's growing out of it and other people can hold her (and then mind her .

belfie - I wanted to ask a probably dumb question but I honestly have no idea. I know you are still expressing and now I am trying to express a lot too to top Maya up after she's fed on the bb! (BTW it's such hard work expressing then feeding via bottles isn't it! I have a new appreciation for what you do.) Anyway.. I was wondering what do you do when you go out? Do you take EBM with you? If so how do you take EBM with you so that it won't go bad?

Hi to everyone else!

Hi everyone, my mum is down from Hervey Bay for about a week or so, it's going to be great having her here again...went and had lunch with DH toady at work which is really nice.

Tanya that's great that Maya can be held for 5-10mins, hopefully soon you will be able to go out by yourself.

Hi everyone else.

hugs xoxo

Amanda - that's awesome your mum is down - hope you have a lovely time.

Tanya - that's great re Maya being able to be held. X doesn't like his gramps (FIL) and usually cries when he holds him, so we're trying to get him used to him (as MIL has a bad shoulder). Re the EBM, not a dumb question at all! when I take EBM I do it either of two ways - if it's a short trip, my nappy bag has a little insulated section in the end, so it goes there. If I'm going somewhere for the day, i have a little cooler bag & freezer dooverlacky (proper word for those?) that i pop in with them to keep them chilled. Then I'd usually pop them in the fridge when I get to wherever I'm going. I remember on Xmas day I didn't want to freak out certain people in my IL family by putting my BOOBmilk in their fridge with THEIR food, so I actually kept it in the cooler bag and it seemed fine - nice & chilled (plus he drank it all that day anyway).

And remember, the ABA guidelines are: for freshly expressed milk, it can be stored at room temperature for 6-8 hrs (26C or lower). If refrigeration is available store milk there.

The next question is then how to heat it when you get there! Let me know if that's an query too!

Hope everyone is well! X's routine seems to be changing rapidly these days. He's awake for much more time (which is playing havoc with my expressing ) plus of course DH's back is still dodgy. Apparently is an inflamed disk according to GP. So 6 weeks apparently to fully heal. But I'm starting to get get organised (and realise I have to do DH's stuff - I kept forgetting to start with!) and my IL's have been helping so I'm very lucky there. Hope everyone is well!

We're back!!!!!

We had a wonderful break, cleared my head and feel much better...although I can't remember even telling you all what I was doing....I was pretty spaced out! Long story short, 2 weeks ago on Monday morning I woke up and knew that I was at that point where I needed a break and NOW. DH is wonderful but I needed time out particularly from the IL's so it happened to be the day before we got our KR money so I headed down to see mum for some R'n'R. Ahhhhh much better after some mummy time.

Although where has my little baby gone?? She has cut her first tooth!! At night will gum/play/suck about a tea spoon of rice cereal (I can't really call it eating!) she still wont roll front to back but pushes herself up on her arms lots, and yesterday sat on her own for a few seconds. I am proud of her but it seems like yesterday she couldn't even control her head!!! **Sigh**

Well I am stuffed from the trip today, Cairns to Sydney and then out to Newcastle is a LONG way with a baby and all the crap that comes with travelling like the giant suitcase!!

Welcome back Amy! Great to hear your trip went well and gave you some support.

And tooth, wow go Bethany!

welcome home hun!!! glad you had a good break....
    woo hoo goooo Bethany on the teeth front!!!! we have 2 sitting just under the gums..BUT they won't come through....
    we are still commando crawling...and very successful moving backwards and sitting for a while unaided
    Jack has had the reddest butt for a while...i put it down to teething....
    I went through my 'old' photos yesturday..and found 2 piccies of me as a bubba and OM F G!!!!! Jack is the spit out of my mouth!!!!

HI All,

Long time no chat too. Yet here I am again.

Welcome back Amy, I am glad you got some R & R in, and had a great time with your mum. Yay Bethany on your first tooth.

Katones - I am still crossing all fingers and toes that I get to make it tomorrow and meet up with you and the other girls. DD still sick, but I am starting to think that if she is still home tomorrow I will just bring her. I am sure she will enjoy it anyway. Woohoo little Jack on the commando crawling, what a clever little man.

Hollye - Sorry to hear about Mia's eczema, poor little thing. V had it very early on, but I would am expecting a flair up one day.

Tanya - All the best for your big move into your new home. I hope you build alot of memoral times there. hugs As for the solids, V is not all that fussed with it. So to help her get used to the taste as well as try and put on some weight, I put some farex in her bottle. So I guess we will see if she catches up to at least the 3rd percentile come her next pead appt. She did like some arrowroot biccies and milk today, didnt have much but opened her mouth up for more of that one. I tried her on the gel, omgoodness you should have seen her face, it was like I was giving her medicine. It was soo cute.

Amanda - I hope you have a wonderful time with your mum hun. Enjoy yourself. hugs

Belfie - Arent those faces they pull just sooo cute. V pulls it at everything I offer her. lol. Yet at least today she liked crushed arrowroot biccies in some milk without the face pulling.

Sami - How is everything going. Is DH home now? Glad Z Liked his pumkin and zuchini, well what he swallowed anyway. hehehe.

Well V is doing really well, doing really well with her rolling too. I often wonder if her first words are going to be Poo Poo's, as I always say that to her when I change her nappy and she babbles on saying something very similar to that. Then one morning she woke up chatting away to herself then she fluffed then all of a sudden you hear Poo Poo's, then that was it. Still probably a coinsidence but a funny one. I can just imagine her saying to me when she is older. Mummy what was my first word. Poo poo's. Not mama, not dada, but Poo Poo's.

OK I've done it.. I've finally done it.. I've made a hair appointment for Saturday! I'm so looking forward to it.

And today I made it to a mums and bubs session at the movies.

I'm so tired though cos Maya is suddenly waking a few times in the night again.

Amanda - That's great your mum is down.

belfie - Thanks for the info on carting around EBM! At the moment I can't keep up with her input so I take formula with me when I go out but at some stage I might have enough EBM to be able to take with me. Ohh.. heating the milk.. I hadn't thought of that. Although Maya will drink cold EBM, so maybe that's not something I need to worry about?! I hope your DH is feeling better soon!

amy - Welcome back. And wow.. first tooth! I thought Maya might have been teething because she's waking more in the night again and seems more unsettled. But now I think it's because she's hungry!

csab - Yeah Maya just isn't interested in solids at all. I've tried a few different foods now. I think what I'll do is just keep trying every now and then and give her different things to try. I think Maya is on the 3rd percentile for weight. I am now trying to get her up from there. But she doesn't look or act unhealthy at all. I think I'd just be happier if she was a bit chubbier. But maybe she's not meant to be a chubby bubby.

Talking

Big hi to everyone - no time for all the personals.

Been awhile - but have read whats been happening! My DH has been away heaps so I have been pretty flat out. Zander still not really interested in solids, still has slight extrusion reflex and pincer grip still abit all over the place so I spoke to a MCHN and I agreed with the advice to let it go for another week and wait and see. I am still b/f so trying to keep things simple at the moment. He is sleeping crap during the day - actually no it seems that way but varies every day from 30 mins one nap to 1.5hrs the next etc - I have just learned to go with him and work around the pickups and dropoffs with school, and having a life - he doesnt get too cranky screamy when overtired so it is making it more bearable.

Giselle turns 4 next Thursday and I am in shock my little darling girl is growing up She still so little, but so damn clever lol. So her party is on Saturday with 16 other kids - man EVERYONE replied - you will find in future always a few that cant come, and then a few who dont even reply, or do the night before etc (see, control freak I am) - but everyone is coming .... and then one of her little besties has her party on Sunday so it will be busy.

I have finished arranging Zander's baptism for 19/04 and found Riley's little suit thingie he had, and it fits Zander just without being too big so that is done also. In Ballarat so harder to arrange long distance - and i cant believe some family still said - oh yes I think we are free - man we are travelling down to make it easier for them!! But that is another thread altogether lol.

Went to movies also to see duplicity and i must of had a few less distractions than Tanya cos I got most of the plot and storyline I couldnt believe it though - there was like 40 babies there and a couple of toddlers too ... i went by myself and glad i did cos I couldnt have concentrated going with others anyway!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and keep posting

SAMI BJ is being Baptised, in Sydney, on June 14th. I'm going to buy him a little white suit. I found heaps on ebay for $50

TANYA Yay for the hair appointment. I'm still THINKING about it

CSAB Lol poo poo. Too cute. BTW, geez we've been having fun with the phone tag hey. I've had lots of visitors (MIL & BF from Sydney), but now they're gone so hopefully we can catch up over the weekend

KATONES Yay on the cammo crawling. I bet it's just so cute

AMY Welcome home! Hope you had a great time. Sounds like B is growing up very quickly. It's scary huh

BELFIE Gosh, I only know that sore back too well. Mine is still playing up. I also had buldging discs, 4 actually. Not nice at all. And good on you for still expressing. Wow, you're doing such an amazing job. You should be so very proud of that

KURAIZA I hope you're well, and Jude too!

AMANDA I bet it'll be wonderful to have you mum around. I hope she'll give you a nice little break from you're crazy boy filled household

HOLLYE Hope Mia's spewing settles for you. How awful

Well BJ woke last night at 3.30am & didn't get back to sleep till 5.10am Grrrrrr.... That's the second time in the last couple of weeks that he's done that. He doesn't get hysterical, just whingy.

He's now got two big bumps on his lower gums plu I can see 4 teeth through his bottom gums. Not sure how long these are gonna take to break through

He's also not fussed on rolling. He's rolling onto his sides, but not onto his tummy and rarely rolls from front to back.

I've had to cut back on his solids as he was getting disinterested. Plus he seemed to be going off his milk. He's back on his milk again, but still not fussed on the solids. I'm gonna give him another go today & see how he goes

My MIL was here for a couple of days & I was surprised how much BJ liked her. He has begun to cry when strangers hold him so I thought he would do the same with her as he hasn't really seen her that much. But no, he was really good. He must've remembered her

We're still doing our sleep/feed routine. It's going fairly well though he's not sleeping as well as he should be. I'm guessing he's going through a little growth spurt

Sami - Yeah I went with a friend to the movies and actually she interrupted my movie watching more than Maya did. First she arrived late so we missed the very start. And then she kept talking to me. Maya was OK except it took a little while to convince her to have a nap. I might try going by myself next time. It sounds like you're extremely busy but managing everything.

Georgi - Maya has also been waking up more suddenly! Happily she has been going back to sleep OK after a feed. But still it's hard getting up a few times in the night again. I could maybe try and resettle her but she's so tiny I don't want her to miss out on food if she's hungry! And usually she does eat a lot. I thought maybe teeth were coming but now I think she's just hungry and finally eating again and has a lot of catching up to do.

Today was my last yoga session. I'm going to see if there's yoga for mums and bubs where I'm moving to! I really enjoying doing it.

Today is also my DH's birthday. We're not going to do anything tonight to celebrate though. We'll wait and celebrate with family on Sunday.

And tomorrow is my hair appointment.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast