Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Oh soph and Brooke I have tears in my eyes for your our little girls having such a difficult day. Brooke there is NO way you should feel like a bad mum as it could have happened to any of us. I am terrified that something will one day happen to Kaitlyn as it only takes a split second. I had a family friends daughter who fell into a scalding bath when she was two ( they used to run the hot water first then add the cold) as you can imagine she was so badly scared at first but by the time she was about 8 yrs her body had grown and her scars totally faded! But please try and not feel bad ..I have just been comforting a friend whos son banged his mouth on the bath and chipped one of his teeth...and she to is a great mum too...but kids will be kids!. I think we are all in for lots of bumps and scraps and other injuries over the next few years. I am sending you HUGE :hugs:

Tracy
    bugger on the sleeping from Indah!. That is really exciting about the TTC! Were you waiting for Indah to start crawling before you started??

Another fan of Bryce Jo! I actually stopped reading him for a little while after he released Flinders Cat as I got a bit bored of his writing ...bit all the same. But I am really enjoying Jessica which is also a bit gross. I loved April Fools as well such a compasionate book I think I cried 1/2 of it hehe. But my all time favourite is the Power of One ..LOVE IT! That is the one that got me hooked on him. Yay on Sammy sleeping almost all the way through and on the kissing ...SOOOO CUTE!.

Bec I am glad Joshua is feeling better!. I am sorry I did not make it today! But I would love to meet up with you girls for a cuppa ..I hope I am not being rude by trying to invite myself

We had a different day as Kaitlyn is a little out of sorts with her tooth. She tried cheese on toast today which was very cute!. I also tried to back Teething Rusks with a recipe that was 1part rice cereal , 1part Flour and 1 part orange juice and I am not to happy with the results so I will have to hunt another one down !. Other then that pretty quiet here!.

Cass

Sorry Soph I forgot to answer your question about my Bday!. I have had quite a few friends moving lately ...my girlfriend from highschool moved to New York with her hubby and two boys and another just moved to Melbourne with her hubby and son and she has another little one arriving via csection in two days so she cant come to sydney in May. Plus a few other close friends that are away over that period. Add to that our little princess and I have decided not to have a huge evening do. So we have decided to have a lunch or brunch at this gorgeous place which is in Rushcutters bay...so nice!. Lots of room for friends with kids so the kids can run around , although pretty much all my friends still in sydney dont have kids hahaha. I was even considering not doing anything but once I found this top I decided I had to!!!

Nicole hope your sons party went ok, great to hear Chantelle had a good sleep that night. I cant wait to see you on wednesday, my other friend wont be able to make it as its her sons b'day that day but will come the next time we meet up.

Linda- sorry to hear that you got rained on camping....I am sure you had a good time none the less.

Melissa - what an awesome sleep for you and Benjamin. I am aiming to get Jordan thru till about 6am if I can. I fed him a 7.30pm so dont like my chances.

Well I started a new hobby I am making decorative personalised plates. I am going to try and sell them for some extra money.....
    They have your babies name, DOB and a little drawing in the centre of the plate.

I will try and post some pics of them for you all....templates anyway

NIGHT NIGHT

Cass,
    Hee hee... No not waiting for Indah to crawl, I need to have been back at work a full 12 months before getting paid mat leave again, so I want to be back about 4-5 months & then start TTC, as you can be preg, justr have to stay at work 12 months for 13 wks full pay so it's worth it I guess!

Hi!

Well we had a great weekend!! It was a beautiful double story townhouse at Port Fairy and it was brand new! There was just a little one way lane and then the beach. We saw seals and dolphins in the water from our balcony which was just amazing and was also able to watch the sun rising in the morning - gorgeous!

Louis barely slept through the days with so much activity going on but did really well! I was really worried especially about the nights but he slept better each night. I actually got 5 hours straight sleep! Woo hoo.
    He did so well with such a long drive also.

Last night he was really unsettled in the evening but then slept from 10.45pm through to 4.45am without a sound and then had a feed and back to sleep until 7.30am! Woo hoo. I haven't had that much sleep for ages. Surprisingly I actually feed really lethargic today though....

So it looks like things are starting to settle down hopefully. He's needing rocking to sleep again though which is not to great for my back but I think he's getting to tired before I'm putting him down. He's up now around 2 1/2 hours at a time!!

Has anyone started their bubs on anything other than pureed fruit/Veg?? I'm going to get some yoghurt next week for bubba. I gave him a tiny taste of mine and he loved it so...

Thanks for all of your support !!! It means soo much! I hope I'm more relaxed when no. 2 arrives one day - hehe.

Tracey - You reminded me I really need to get some pictures of Louis taken again! They always end up looking great! Wow on the great sleeps!!

Nikki - Thanks. Your right it just makes me want to be there for my kids even more when the time comes. Chantelles gorgeous!! Glad the sleep seems to be improving. It must have been a little developmental thing - who really knows ...Sounds like your son had a great party!! It seems hard to imagine birthday parties like that yet!

Kell - Wow - potty trained by 12 months - that would be hard! I agree totally I just don't know why people always have to put their views/opinions on to everyone else. Thats great it only took you one day with Molly - you would know when your kids are ready I imagine.

Cindy - Wow on Tori falling asleep on the floor!! I wish - he he. I'm sorry your mum thinks your not coping.. I think you must be superwoman doing all that you do! Louis isn't big on cuddles but I can't wait for when he is. Everynow and then he relaxes and we get one. I feed in the morning in bed lying down so thats my cuddles for the moment.

Melissa - What a gorgeous boy! Congrats on the big sleep! Is he feeding any more through the day with a big sleep like that??

Linda - Sorry you got rained on! I hope you had fun anyway.

Well thats enough from me! Sweet dreams everyone

Kristie - thats great that Louis went so well while you were away! And yay on the big sleep!!! \/

Tracey - the plates sound great, will you ebay them or what for marketing?

well my sons party was very...... um.......eventful to say the least.they were all awake at 12 midnight but all lying down on mattresses in the loungroom watching dvds so i went to bed exhausted,at 1 am my son came in to tell me one of the boys was sick,he was vomiting alot,i sat with him a while and gave panadol and a drink and helped him into bed,1.45am he came in again to tell me he was still sick so i had to ring his dad to pick him up,the poor dad lives half an hour away,he wasnt impressed but was eager to pick him up all the same,poor kid,i would say he had gastro.then at 2.30 another one of the boys came in to tell me he was scared and wanted to go home,one of the other boys was scaring him saying he thought he saw someone outside walking around the house,they were the only 2 awake at this stage,he was getting quite upset so i had to ring another dad,boy did i feel bad!!!!!
    the rest of the party was great and thay all had a great time,i had 9 boys sleeping over and it sure was noisy but C handled it really well.

tracey cant wait to see you on wednesday,my sons birthday is also on wednesday.

kristie,port farie sounds georgous,so glad you had an ace time,it would have been soo nice for you to get away from it all.

linda,what a shame about the weather,melbourne has just had the most glorious weather the last week,you should have come here to camp,that will teach you for being so adventurous.LOL!!!!!

C has been having one solid feed a day this last week and so far she loves mashed potatoe with gravey and pumpkin.she is not too keen on the yoghurts or jars of fruit,she does like fresh banana.
    she still hasnt been to good with her night time sleeps,last night was every 2 hours again.....oh well....what can i do!!!!!!!!!!

wow the commonwealth games were such a success.dh and james went to the boxing semi finals,they had a ball and really enjoyed themselves,we saw them on foxtel about 12 times.they think they are famous now hehehe.....

well i think that is about it for now,will cath up with you again later
    nikki

Brooke -Oh you poor thing! And you are DEFINATELY not a bad mother. It could happen to anyone at all, and I am sure these little accidents will continue for us all over the next few years, fingers crossed just little ones though. Lucie tipped over the hot water that I used to heat her bottles the other day. Fortunatley it was about 30 mins after a feed and she was wearing a thick baggy fleece jumper which took most of the water instead of hitting her skin directly. But that was a bad mother thing! Am usually very careful - just having a bad day. Now it definately goes up on the shelf.

Tracey - Doesn't that 12 months include any time you might be pg? I know it does at my work, so theoretically you could be pg again after being back at work for 3 months? Is that the plan?

Cass - Your birthday plans sound great - exactly my kind of thing too. Hope Kaitlyn gets back in whack soon with this tooth. Bugger on the rusk recipe too. Did you find the other one in the other forum?

Bec - Yeap I don't think this group needs any more hospital time that's for sure! Yeeeeeha on Joshy's 7 month birthday!

Louise - How are you going?

Jo - how did Sammy go last night? Hopefully another good one for you.

Hi Fletch! How is Zane? I am so jealous of all you guys meeting up.

Well Lucie had a fantastic night last night. She only woke at 11.30!!!!! And then woke up at 5.30. From about 4.30 she had a few little wimpers in her sleep but I didn't need to get up. Ah it's so much better when they have a good night. And her toes look a heap better. Just to red indentations. Will still be sore for a few days I think though.

Yes Soph, that's right, but I'dwant to be back 5-6 months to be certain, who knows if you have to finish up earlier or whatever!!! So will prob start TTC Julyish.....?
    I added a new pic of Indah in her funky nappy!!!

Kristie - Benjamin isn't having as many b/f as he used to now. He's getting pear and banana rice cereal for breakfast, a banana for lunch and pumpkin with a little bit of rice cereal in it for dinner. He has b/f's before each meal + 2 - 3 other snack feeds during the day.

I've got to book Benjamin in for his 6 month old immunisations. I can't believe it's almost been six months since Benjamin arrived.

Melissa

AArgh - Emma was up at 1.30am & 4.30 am last night!! Brought her into our bed at 4.30am. I hope this doesnt continue!!!! :sleeping:

Kell Guest

Hi all

We have settled into a nice routine all of a sudden, I started giving Will 3 solid feeds a day and he is sleeping really well! He has 2 2hour sleeps during the day (and sometimes a 1/2 hr nap b4 dinner) and then from 7 to 7 overnight - Woohoo! I think he was just hungry, he really gobbles the solids, fruit and rice cereal for brekky and vegies for dinner followed by bottles. Molly goes to bed at 7 too, so we get the whole night off, we dont usually make it past 9.30 tho

Krisvee - If you are anything like me you will be sooooo much more relaxed with the second! With the first you are experiencing everything for the first time and are a bit shell-shocked at times it is such a huge change also there is always so much advice to sift through good, bad and otherwise it can be hard to deal with. But when the second comes along you realise that your first bub made it no matter what you thought you did right, wrong or otherwise and so you relax a bit more. dont get me wrong you will be busy, and you dont care less about how the second develops but you know more what to expect and so let things run their course...if that makes sense, or helps a bit The weekend sounds great, glad it went well for you!

Nikki - Sounds like the party was interesting I have sleepovers to look forward to I suppose... When does Chantelle have her solid feed? Do you think she could be waking because she is hungry? Just ignore me if you have already tried this I cant remember...

Melissa - I have Will booked in for his, it goes fast doesnt it?

Kell Guest

Linda - Will would wake overnight when he was getting hungry b4 we started solids...Is Emma on solids yet?

Hi!

Linda sorry to hear Emma was waking through the night.

The hunger thing is something I keep wondering about because Louis last night only went 4 hours overnight before waking for a feed -grr. I stretched him to 5 but there was no way he was going back to sleep without a feed.

I'm bf him about 6-7 times a day and he's on 3 solids....grrr.

Oh well, it should settle down someday....maybe I should just try a ff at night and see how he goes....

Kell -That sounds like a great routine with Will!

Louis went down at around 8pm last night and then woke at 8am this morning but with a feed in the middle. Then he fed and we dozed until 9am this morning. He is only having 2 1/2-3 hours napping through the day though......

You all just reminded me to book Louis in as well. The time has flown....

Nikki - Sounds like an exciting night - Lucky it is only once a year!! Is Chantelle waking for a feed overnight or just waking???

uh oh, so much to catch up on! I hope my poor little brain can cope.

Brooke, hope Charli is Ok you poor thing, an accident does NOT make you a bad mother, don't think like that, silly. Goodness!!

Soph, hair on the toes :-k maybe that's why I always pull it off, I am paranoid about hair, Now I know why, hope Lucie is OK! & I hope she is still feeding well.
    How far along are you now, can you feel bubby kicking yet?

Hi Jo, nice to hear you've had some good nights with Sammy!!

Trace, HI!! Love the nappies, especially the fluro one !! Indah is such a treasure!!Are you TTC too?

Hi Cass, has Kaitlyns tooth come through yet?

Yay for Josh, 7 months!!Where does the time go?

Hiya fletch, how is Zane today?

I hope I haven't forgotten any body, HI if I did.
    Zac has a cold, again, this time I think it is real, we were up every hour last night with a screaming baby! :shock: he has never done that before, I am so nackered today, i haven;t had to get up to him since he was 3 weeks old, & staggering around my house all hours finding panadol or demazin has near killed me. He seems happy enough today but if I dont catch his dripping nose staight away, he licks it eewwww. And he is crawling, not up on kness crawling, but the good ole comando crawl, he he he he atleast he can get around .... sort of .....

Ok I've got to go, I have heaps of work to do & the parent/teacher interveiws are today.
    have a great day all.....

Kell Guest

Kristie - I think about 50% of babies still need at least one night feed at this age, it depends on the bub. Dont ff Louis unless you feel really comfortable with it.if you do express at the time he would usually bf so that if it doesnt change anything you can go back to bf, and if it does change things then one comp feed wont change all the 'good stuff' he is getting from you.

Kell, yep Emma's on solids slready, so its not that. I guess it's just a phase?

Hi,

Kell - Yeah I know...I think I just get frustrated a bit in the night...I know he must need it for now anyway.....I will stick with b/f for now I think...

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast