Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Kellee Guest

Tegan – goodness! That all sounds a bit stressful with DF (btw, what does DF stand for?) moving to Adelaide… I hope you’re able to work out the best solution. At least you have a few months to figure it all out.

Mooshie – I loved what you wrote about Lani and how much fun you’re having with her at the moment. It was good to read, actually, because Charlie has been a bit of a bugger recently (quite unlike him actually) and it reminded me that there ARE good days! Hope you had a nice night with your tim tams and junk mail.

Not much going on here. Single parenting today/tonight and tomorrow/tomorrow night, but then DH has the weekend off, even though he has a radio shift on Saturday night and I have a gig! It never stops, does it? At least he happened to have next Tuesday as an RDO from work, which also happens to be my birthday. Don’t really have anything planned as yet, but I think we’ll probably go out to dinner, just the three of us. I really like doing things like that s a family these days. It’s going to get a lot harder to do that soon!

Right, best check the other forum before Lost comes on. Have a nice night everyone.

Hi Ladies

I am sorry to hear that some of you are having a tough time with bubs sleeping etc. I am sure they will sort themselves out soon enough.

Cindy - WOW, crawling already, what a clever little girl you have there.

Krisvee - HUGS TO YOU..... I am sorry to hear that your mum wasnt as supportive as you would have hoped. Thats mums for you. Sometimes they dont say the right things.
    You are doing a fabulous job with Louis and if you dont want to give him formula dont....... I am not anti ff either however even when I am having troubles expressing I wont have a bar of anyone telling me to give him formula.

Nicole - Jordan seems a long way off sitting up etc also. How is Chantelles night sleeping going?
    Are we still up for a visit next wednesday? I cant wait to you see both again.

Well off t hang photos of Jordan up, we got pisie photos done and they are gorgeous.

NIGHT NIGHT :sleeping:

Aaww Kristie - I'm so sorry you aren't getting a lot of support from your Mum. I was so sad for you when I read your post. Arent we all so lucky trhough to have each other?

Well, camping is tomorrow...I hope it doesnt rain!!! 8-[

ooohhh kristie,huge hugs to you sweety,i know exactly how you are feeling i am going through the same thing as you at the moment so please take comfort in knowing that you are not the only one,i know how hard and draining it is but i promise that it will get easier soon enough,i know i have 2 older children and my eldest was just the worst,i thought it was never going to end,but before you know it this moment will seem like an eternity ago.i dont have any parents or sisters to ask for advice......but in saying that,make a mental note for yourself for when your child asks you for advice in years to come and remember how important it will be to them for you to give them the advice they need to hear at the time to encourage them to power through the hurdles in life.
    tracey yep next wednesday is still on.how is 11am at my house,my friend is looking forward to it aswell.
    my address is
    54 grandview cresent hillside (bellvue hill estate)
    give me a ring before wednesday
    nikki

Kellee - DF stands for dear fiancee.

Oh no Fletch, that is terrible. I haven't seen it yet and insensitive me posted to her in the September thread yesterday. Thanks for letting me know.

Cass - It was actually one of those little tins and it was savoury tomato and onion flavour :shock: then at dinner it was tomato salsa flavour but that was slightly spicy. I say wrap Kaitlyn if that's what works too, don't stress about it!

Well we had a shocker of a night too. Lucie kept crying in her sleep. She has never done it like that before. At midnight I ended up taking her into the spare bed, so DH could get some sleep and we could too. Maybe it was the tuna :-k

Oh i just got confused, other Kirsty. she's been through so much.

GeorgieK Guest

Just lost a huge post :fuming: ....broke my own rule about using word haha, serves me right! Got to get some stuff done before Mothers group today, so I'll just say Hi to everyone, hope you had a better nights sleep, hope toofies are coming through and colds are better.

Dont worry about weight gain Bec and Tracey, your bubbas both sound healthy and average, and there are stops and starts!

\/ to Charlotte on crawling, and dont let the inlaws stress you out Bec, everyone else always knows better!!!

PMSL at the honeymoon, Cass! Hope you are feeling more human today.

Love the box idea Storm, will have to try that one. PMSL at not getting dressed, maybe thats where Im falling down!!!

Hope Zane is feeling better, and you too Fletch. Poor thing, what a shock to the system to be waking at night!! Thanks goodness for bonjela, hey!

Hi to everyone else....

Has anyone read, or heard good/bad thing about the "Baby-Whisperer"? Have borrowed it from the library, and only a few pages in. So far seems OK.

And has anyone tried a "water-filled pat mat" for tummy time? James still hates it, but bum-shuffled across the kitchen to get to the fridge this morning (he loves the magnets). Not sure if thats a good thing or not!

Have a good day everyone!

Georgie

Sorry Tegan I called him DH and I knew you weren't married yet, but forgot what you called him LOL

Hey girls, hope you all ahve a super day, I assume you'll be online tonight Kellee, since you are alone BOO HOO. Although it's not bad to have a night here and there to yourself is it?

Have to go to the POst office and take all the kids today and should do groceries today, as long as Arron co-operates, cos I don't want to take kids.

I have a meet up tomorrow with BB girls and Jordan has a sleep over today till tomorrow. We are having a BBQ at my gf's tomorrow night. Arron is working Sunday so we are flat out again
    Cheers michelle

im back to normal now - if there is any normal but dont have much time so cant do personals but will catch up soon
    eliana's temp has gone though now she has a bad cough & those glazed looking eyes you get with a cold - i have an itchy throat so i guess we have some kind of bug - will go out later & get some cough medicine for her - she probably got it from my brothers kids cause ive looked after them a few times this week & eliana & her cousin (3 months younger) always seem to sharing drinks & dummies no matter how carefully i watch - they are just too quick!!! though i do notice such a difference between boys & girls - hunta is into everything & unpacks all the toys he can find & never sits still!!!
    hope you all have a great weekend

Kell Guest

Kristie - Like Nikki says things will get better, this first year is always the hardest i think but it goes fast too so soon the tough days will be a distant memory. I know what you mean about your mums advice, my mum seems exactly the same ](*,) I know she means well but when Will was not sleeping well early on she told me to put him on formula (he is ff now, but that was my choice not on her advice, i think if i hadnt have come to the decision myself i would have regretted it always - so be strong and keep bf as long as you want to). Mum was always telling me to have Molly potty trained at 12 months, that we were etc. I just had to ignore her and do things my way in the end it took Molly one day to potty train and we have had no accidents yet which i think is because we waited until SHE was ready! I know Mums are wonderful to have, and they do mean well but sometimes you just need to stick to your own plan. Good luck with the sleep today, and have a lovely weekend!

Tracey - I am having photos taken of Molly and Will in 2 weeks, cant wait! Molly's pixie photos are so cute

Kristie - I know what you mean about just wanting your mum to be supportive. My mum has had alot of experience with babies and so have I through her as she has done pre-adoptive foster care of babies since I was really little so as you can imagine I have grown up looking after them. Anyway, now whenever I call my mum to ask a simple question she tells me I sound flat and must have post natal etc etc and that I shouldnt be as tired as I am and she never was bla bla bla. Even when I point out to her that I am working full time, have a new born and organising to move interstate she doesnt see why I get tired sometimes. Mums!! Sometimes they think they know it all.
    I definatley dont have post natal and at the same time would have no problem asking for help if i did! Oh well!
    On the cosleeping front, i usually end up with Tori in the bed with me when she wakes for her 4am feed, she settles alot better with me and DP and we love it, I'm sure we wont as she gets bigger but at the same time she is quite happy to sleep in her cot, its just me that likes the cuddles. Infact, she will sleep anywhere! infact, i left her on the floor in the lounge yesturday when i went to the toilet and came back to her asleep in the middle of her play mat!

gotta go, she is calling

Kristie - :hugs:

Linda - Yes, Benjamin was born on the 4th of October as well. Don't know why the tickers aren't the same? I've just updated Benjamin's photo today, hopefully things will look right then with the tickers.

Melissa

Hey Mel, good to hear from you, hope you & Eliana knock this bug on the head! Kaleb is sniffly & had a cough atm too, it is hard work, but I seem to be avoiding it!

Wow Mitch, another busy weekend for you! Hope you have a good one.

Tegan, that is an awfully hard decision for you to make, you poor thing. How is pg going? Hope Lily is a good girl for you.

Michelle, lots of baby dust coming your way! It is lovely to hear that Lani is giving you so much joy, what a delightful girl she must be! OMG, I am exactly the same with junk mail, I love getting it (especially KMart/Target) and sitting down with a cuppa to dream about what I might buy!

Kellee, glad you had a good time away and that Charlie behaved himself so well! That is so cute about him kissing & hugging your belly!

Jess, the teeth order thing is weird, isn't it? Kaleb has 4 bottom teeth, a big gap either side, then a molar on one side. Same on the top.

Congrats again Bon, that is great news, and that was so cute about Harry! Hope you are keeping well.

Dach, lots of labour vibes to you, look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kaleb has been really good, we have been at home a lot this week, but this morning I had to take him to my hospital appt, and had to wait 1 1/2 hrs... kept him in his stroller for as long as possible, but he started to lose it so I let him out to play...he was okay for a while, then just randomly went up and hit a little girl. Had to pull him away and sit down without looking at him (the best 'time out' thing I could come up with in the situation) and he knew he'd done wrong, but boy did he scream. There were about 30 preg women & partners there who I could just see were thinking 'uh oh!' I think the whole waiting room breathed a sigh of relief when my name was called!

Hi Girls ,

quiet in here today. I hope you are all having lovely friday nights!. We just tucked into our Friday takeaway which was chinese this week...mmmm I ate 3 spring rolls I love those things!.

Kaitlyn slept through to 430am today ..yay! Cant believe I am celebrating that time!. But then she did not fall back asleep until 6am and was back up again at 730am .....short lived celebration hehe.

Found another use for the JJ stand today , I hung ballons from it and lay Kaitlyn under is so she could kick about and hit them with her hands!. Also got some cheap toys from Ikea today , only $1 each and they are great if you want to hang a couple of crazy looking character from the ceiling .

Well gotta cut it short as DH wants me to do a business email for him ..bugger!.

hope you all have a great :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Cass

look at my ticker,how cute is that!!!!!!!!!!!
    am i a tad biast LOL!!!!!!! nah!!!!!!
    nikki

Hi Girls

Sorry for no personals tonight, I just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you know I am still around - just recovering from a very average few days is all! I had a sick DH for a couple of days and then we spent last night in the emergency department at our local hospital with Joshua after he had a really severe bout of vomiting.

It happened after he had been in bed asleep for an hour or so. I heard him sneeze and then heard a really strange sound after that. I went in to check on him and he was on his back with a mouthful of vomit and was struggling to breathe. Very scary. I rolled him over and he spewed up all the rice cereal he had had for dinner. And then he continued to vomit on and off for the next hour. The poor little thing didn't understand what was happening and was screaming and crying. By the end he was retching and bringing up bile and his little face was white as a sheet.

When it was over, we put him in the bath to clean him up and by the end of the bath he was smiling and enjoying himself! By the time he was out of the bath he was happy as Larry and back to his normal self, but he had been so sick and had absolutely nothing left in his little tummy so we took him to the hospital just to get him checked over.

We were sitting in emergency until 2am :shock: , but the good news was the doctor thought it was just a reaction to something he had eaten during the day (he had only had formula, rice cereal & fruit!) and she was happy for him to come back home. So, he has just been drinking Gastrolyte and eating a little bit of fruit today. He had a bottle of formula tonight and has kept it all down, so I think all is fine.

Anyway, since I ended up going to bed at 3.30am after last night's events, I am a little tired now and am going to toddle off to bed! I will try to pop back in over the weekend for some personals.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

Oh Bec that must have been sooooo scary. Poor little mite. It's so horrible when they are sick. Glad he is on the mend now.

Brooke - Wow you have a great weekend planned! How cute on the raincoat too.

Cas - Oh yummo Chinese. Good bargains on the toys too. I have started giving Lucie some household stuff to play with and she loves it - especially the ladel and the stubbie holder :shock:

Fletch - Aha, I will have to try Baby Whisperer techniques asap with #2 in the hope of getting a sleeper like Zane! I have it too, but I found I got stressed out when Lucie wouldn't sleep 1.5 hours between each feed. Now I just go with the flow (see relaxed mummy )

Georgie - Haven't heard of the mat but it sounds fun! I don't type in word, just highlight my post before submitting and do control c (copy). That way I can just control v (paste) if I lose it.

Well busy day today. Got the races on except it's suppose to be raining Have to wash hair, shave legs and paint toe nails which I don't do very often now! DH is wearing his 3 piece suit and a hat and a pink tie which I got him - can't believe I got him to wear pink! And I have a pink outfit to wear and Lucie is wearing her gorgeous little red dress with white rabbit ears! And I managed to feed her a bit later today so we can stay longer (can't feed the child anywhere but here - too distracted and she'll be tired and grumpy by then anyway!)

So have a fab weekend everyone.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast