Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

GeorgieK Guest

Bec, what an awful night for you and Josh! Big hugs to you both and I hope you are both feeling better

Glad the baby whisperer gets your thumbs up, Fletch, so far it sounds quite useful. We pretty much do "EASY" anyway (with varying amounts of the Y !). Hope you got your washing dry; my washing day is tomrrow this week so everyone cross finger sfor sun please!

Mmmm, chinese...I'll have to get you to send me "dirty takeaway" emails, Cass, with every little detail, so I can live vicariously, damn dh's diet! Great idea with the balloons - James loves them too, but we havent done that for ages since he's been sitting up. Yay on Kailtyn sleeping til 430 - did you wake up earlier and wonder if everything was OK?? We lurve ikea too...so many nice things....

Hope you had a nice day at the races Soph, and no rain. LOL at the pink tie! But I bet your DH was spunky all suited up, esp with hat! Sounds like you got stuck in the "schedule" thing instead of "rountine" with the baby whisperer!! Dont you hate it when the child loves the empty water bottle or wooden spoon more than the $40 fisher-price train with bells and whistles?! I gave James a wooden spoon and metal mixing bowl the othe day...and created a monster! Banged on it for ages! Must try the stubbie holder tho.

Sounds like you have a full-on weekend, Bec. Fill us in on Robin Barker, there's a woman whose phone number Id love! Thanks for the pat mat info, I'll check out Target and the opther usual haunts for a Tommee Tippee as well as the Infantino one I saw online.

We had a really nice at MG yesterday, but now Im feeling yucky cos Ive got James cold He actaully bounced back really well by last night, perhaps his immune system is getting stronger! Now Ive a sore throat and that drippy nose thing has started. Early to bed for me I think.

:smt039 to everyone else and hope youre having a good weekend!

Nikki - I cant wait for next wednesday... I will be there, 11 sounds good for me. My friend works until 12 though so she might not be able to make it.
    LOVE the ticker photo, what a cutie

Melissa - Benjamins new photo is gorgeous aswell.

GEE all the OCT bubs are just gorgeous. We should all be very proud.

Well today we took Jordan to our friends b'day party. She is phillipino and all her relatives were there. They were facinated in Jordan b/c of his blue eyes and blonde hair. He was passed around to everyone HEHEHEHEHEHE
    he loved it. He has crashed now, I think he will sleep all night.

On the sleeping front, Jordan has been sleeping thru for the last couple nights. Last night from 10pm to 8am, is that the best........I was so rapted.

well i think i will watch a bit of the comm games and then head off to bed.

NIGHT ALL

tracey,jordans photo is absolutly georgous also.
    C SLEPT FROM 8PM TILL 4AM LAST NIGHT SO I WAS PRETTY HAPPY WITH THAT I HOPE SHE IS JUST AS GOOD TONIGHT
    my son is turning 11 on wednesday and tonight he is having his party.i am going insane........he has 7 friends over to sleep tonight,they are all in the pumpus room wrestling and making alot of noise at the moment and it is caos........
    i cant beleive that c is sleeping through it all that at the moment,dh is not ammused and feels like going in there to do some damage LOL!!!!!
    oh well it is only once a year,
    any way
    have a good night sleep everyone
    nikki

Georgie - Hope you know the nasty cold on the head soon. Great that James is better though. What are these mat things?

Fletch - Your trip to Melbourne will be so much fun. I love Melbourne. My sister lives there and is coming up to visit this week - yay! She hasn't seen Lucie since Christmas time when we were excited if she rolled over, so she'll see a lot of changes!

Hope all you lovely ladies are well and bubs are happy.

Lucie played up again last night. DH was out after the races so she ended up sleeping with me (DH went to the spare room - don't like sleeping next to a brewery!). She wiggled around like a worm all night. Not sure what's up with her.

Races was fun - Lucie and I only really stayed for lunch and a bit of a chat though. Lots of other bubs though and Lucie really loved that. I am so tired today though and I have soooooooooo much housework to do. The house is a mess! And I MUST go to the supermarket this morning too because otherwise I have no formula for the next bottle!

Hi Fletch! Nup I don't have a pg journal. And I would kinda love to find out what we are having but DH really doesn't want to and the suprise is kinda nice. I am soooo looking forward to seeing my sister. She is the oldest (only 2 of us) and doesn't have kids and isn't married either. She will spoil Lucie like crazy, but she is a worry wart (wonder where I get it from eh :smt016 ) She will want to take Lucie to the hospital every time she falls and knocks her head! How is lucious Zane? He is looking mighty fine!

Lucie has been soooooooooooooo grumpy today again. Not sure what is going on with her. She is really tired too. Been sleeping a lot cuddled up with me and falling asleep on the bottle, but if she's not feeling 100% I'll just let her go with the flow.

But she is LOVING her vegies now and has even started to eat her fruit! So great! She had about 2.5tbs of vegie & chick casserole in about 5 minutes for dinner, and 1 tbs pear and half a cheese stick. Fingers crossed she keeps this up! And whenever we are eating she comes straight over and wants some. Still not liking the milk much, but hey, if she loves solids then I'm one happy mummy!

Oh gosh Bec! I am so glad little Joshua is on the mend now. You must have been so panicked ..I cant even imagine.

Happy Bday Charli!!!! and go the bargins Brooke I love bargins. DH and I went shopping today as I wanted to get Kaitlyn some winter clothes. I got this beautiful winter Jacket and a gorgeous thick paddington kinda vest from target for her for only $45.00 together!. Then we went to Big W and I got about 5 shorts and 5 Tees for next summer + 3 winter tops and about 6 pants for only $86.00!!! love a bargin!

Fletch
    your trip sounds like it is going to be heaps of fun!. Amazing how many friends you can meet though BB!.

Soph congrads on getting DH into pink, I have not been successful on that front yet. Took me about 12months to get DH to wear funky strong stripes in his business shirts! Now checks are in so I have been working on that ...only took about 3months for that one hehe. I just go and buy it for him as a present and make him wear it hahaha. I hope Lucie is a bit better tonight ..maybe she is getting a toofie.

Georgie I am happy to send you emails about the , tall , dark , handsome spring rolls I hope your resting up so you can nip your cold in the butt.

Well we have another toofie here girls!. I think I need to be a bit more free and easy with the Bonjella or Panadol . Kaitlyn woke at 545am Sat and would not go back to bed so I got up with her. Then she did the same again this morning but was refusing her dummy so I thought teeth and gave her so panadol and she went straight to sleep! I am such a mean mummy not giving it to her on sat morning..opps. Anyway we were out today and she opened her mouth and there is was a little white toofie coming up ...so cute!.

Other then that we have a pretty nice quiet weekend. Lots of shopping actually! Bought a beautiful oscars looking top to wear for my "cough cough" 30th "cough cough" Bday party and then lots of clothes for Kaitlyn.

Well I am off to have a nice read before bed...first book I have read since Kaitlyn was born and I LOVE reading. So I have picked one of Bryce Courtneys books "Jessica" I love his books! I make sure I get everyone he releases in hardcover hehe.

PS: we had a HUGE roast this evening with yorkshire pudding and all !. Dont you just love the cooler weather rolling in so you can have roasts again..mmmm ....

Hope you are all having a relaxing night.

Hi Girls, just a quick post as it's getting late and I have heaps left to do before I can go to bed!

Joshua is doing fine now, thanks to everyone who asked. Back to his normal self, although his eating/sleeping is bit out of whack. Hopefully we will be back in routine soon.

We went to a 1st birthday party today. It was fun! Josh joined in the games (with a bit of help from Dad!) and had a great time.

Fletch - Yep, I'm ok thanks. We will still be going to the meet up tomorrow. If Josh was still sick and had something that he might pass on to the other kiddies, I wouldn't go, but all is fine now. Will see you and Zaney tomorrow!

Soph - Glad you had fun at the races. I have only been to the races a couple of times, but it was a great day both times. LOL about the pink tie too. I was just as surprised when I got my DH to wear a light purple/mauve tie. One day when we were out shopping for a wedding outfit I pointed it out - half jokingly as I thought he would never wear it - and shock, horror, he actually liked it and bought it!

Brooke - How was the expo? And the talk by Robin Barker? I'll be interested to hear what she was like. See you and Charlotte tomorrow too!

Georgie - Good to hear that James bounced back from his cold. What a shame that you have caught it though! I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Cass - Yay, another toofie! I hear you on the reading too - I hadn't realised how much I have missed it. I picked up a book the other day that I started reading before Josh was born and picked up where I had left off and I enjoyed it so much! Are you coming to the meet up tomorrow?

Well, had better run. Hi to all the other mums and bubs too. I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Morning all!

Bec - So glad Josh is better. And I suppose his eating and sleeping will sort itself out again soon, poor little mite has had an ordeal!

Cass - Yay on another tooth! It's hard to know if they are just grizzly or it's teeth and whether or not to give panadol I reckon. We gave Lucie Neurofen last night. She was just so irritable. And she woke about 12.30-1.30am and then continuosly until 6 when she woke screaming! But I can't see another tooth :-k Wow on your 30th! Is it a big party? We had roast lamb last night too. Yummo, I love lamb

Well grizzle guts still doesn't like her milk and is a bit constipated. Didn't give her solids for breakie this am, and will see how we go. Where did my quiet happy baby go?

:fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: Just lost my hugest post ever & now I am angry!

Basically Bec glad Josh is feeling better, have fun with Zane & Fletchypoo today!

Soph, I hear ya on the lack of sleep & waking bubba... Indah was up hourly on SZat night & then slept 5hours from 7am!!! Grrr Grr!

So last night I gave her the Teething stuff Brauers...
    She slept alnight again... But Dh left for work at 4:30am & I laid awake til 6am & then got up ready for work... so grrrr at that!

Indah is oh so close to cawling, but I dont want her to yet!!!! hee hee

She gets up on arms & 1 knee then attempts to stand on her other foot & just tumbles over!!!! But wont be long, so I guess plans for #3 will happen soon... I think July is a good time to TTC!????? I will be 33 then OUCH!

Nikki - How did the party go?

Benjamin had the best night sleep last night. He slept from 8pm to 7am. I was so happy he slept that long for a change.

Melissa

OMG all these ticker photos are fantastic!!! All these bubbas are so cute!!!

Well our camping trip on the weekend was very wet!! A bit of a shocker really LOL

Well done on crawling Indah! And I say TTC NOW Tracey!

Well I just spent 2 hours in emergency with Lucie. I was trying to feed her (disastrous - very irritable bub) when I noticed 2 of her toes had a piece of my long hair wrapped around them so tightly that the toes were red and swollen. I quickly ripped the hair off but wasn't sure that I got it all, hence the mad dash to hospital. Anyway they have now gone back to normal colour except for 2 indented and cut rings around each toe. Very scary, I had visions of them having to cut them off! But apparently it's really common, especially in crawling bubs on carpet with long haired mums! Maybe I should get it all cut off???? Anyway, so make sure you keep checking your bubs fingers and toes, really not very nice. Maybe this is why she has been so grumpy? Poor little mite.

Linda - I agree - Ocotber babies are just the cutest!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you got rained on over the weekend! WHat a bugger, I hope it was a nice get away anyway

Awww Soph..what a panic that would have been. Something I will have to keep an eye on. Glad you have had a nice weekend and enjoyed the races. Its nice to get out and dress pretty every now and then.

Arent those attempts sooooo cute Tracey. Wont be long now till shes chasing Maddy around the house. Sammy gets up but he doesnt seem really keen to start moving..think he knows he can power around the house at top speed in his walker lol. Whoohoooo at ttc...July will be here in no time at all. Im 32 in July...shuuuuushhh..

Bec Im so glad to hear that lil Josh is ok now.....that would have completely freaked me out. Hopefully he will settle down and get back into a routine for you..poor fella. Birthday parties are soo much fun arent they....glad he had a good time. Hope you and Josh are having a great time at the meetup today..sounds like so much fun.

Cass sounds like you got some great bargains. I love clothes shopping..its so much fun. I got this gorgeous little dress top with a vest over it for Sammy to wear with his jeans and shoes....too cute! And oooh another toofie...wtg lil Kaitlyn. I have all of Bryce Courtneys too..though I was put off a bit with Tandia...bit too off...Love April fools Day.

Georgie hope you and James are recovering from your colds.

Hello Fletchie and Zane,Storm and Zaccie, Mel and Hunter, Louise and Maria...hmmm...im sure ive missed someone...hellooooo

Well guess what...Sammy only woke twice last night!!!! Whoohhooo...im hoping its the start of good things and not that he was just so tired after dinner last night for my brothers bday and that he was just so worn out after a day of shopping....one can hope anyway! Hes started smacking his lips together too making a big kissing sounds..he thinks its hilarious when we all join in with him...funny boy. Its been a busy weekend and I have too much housework to do today..grrr...

Jo

Awww Brooke thinking of you and Charli sweets. Im sure your precious precious girl will be fine and wanting her mumma to not feel too bad...things like that can and do happen to mums all over the world and we all feel terribly guilty...hugs to gorgeous Charli..im so glad shes ok.

Jo

Brooke, I second Fletch - you are not the world's worst mum. Like she said, it could have happened to any one of us - these little bubs move so quickly! I think it was probably worse on you than on Charli - she's a tough little chick! But you held it together so well and took care of her - the sign of a good mum. Let us know how you go on Wednesday, ok? BTW, we will definitely have to meet up again. I think we may live fairly close to each other (I'm in Wattle Grove - are you near there?) and I would love to have you and the other "local" girls over for a cuppa and a chat sometime soon. (Fletch? ) That way we can meet you properly! Oh, and I have your bag and a little yellow and purple spoon that I think belongs to Charlotte. I'll get in touch and drop it off to you when it suits...

Fletch - As always, lovely to see you and the gorgeous Zane-man. And BTW, you are looking great!

Soph - What is it with us August mums and hospitals? It must be the week for it! Good to hear that little Lucie's toes are fine. It's funny, we were just talking today at the meet up about how we are always finding our hairs wrapped around our bubs! I'll remember to keep an eye on Josh's fingers and toes.

Jo - Woohoo for Sammy's sleep last night! I hope it's the start of something permanent for you. Love the kissing sounds - he sounds like such a cheeky, gorgeous boy!

Tracey - Well done to Indah re the crawling! And #3 - how exciting!

ETA: Josh is 7 months old today!

Whooooohooo Josh..7 months

Jo

Ouch for Charli! Sorry to hear about the accident today at the meet up. Brooke - you are NOT the world's worst mum at all. Unfortunately accidents happen all the time. I wanted to let you know, my DH was burned on his chest as a child by boiling water. A china teapot broke that his mother was filling with water from the kettle and scalded DH who was on the floor beneath. He lost a bit of skin at the time and had a map of Africa on his chest for some years! But he is scar free as an adult. Hope this puts your mind at ease a little.

Hi to all the August bubs and mums.
    Fletch, is this where you are? Hi babe. Hope Zane is still tops. I think of that little film of him laughing while being fed pumpkin with fond memories. O

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast