Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #10

Morning all.
    What a shocker of a night. Ethan woke up every hour. I think the UTI is really starting to bother him. He is so sad and screams when we take his nappy off. Seeing the paed today. Hopefully we can get this sorted quickly. I did a bit of reading yesterday and found that UTI's which go untreated can lead to kidney damage and failure! That is scary. I have expereinced kidney failure at that was frightening enough. I don't want to watch my little man go through it. Hopefully some antibiotics will do the trick.

Saffi - we have been encouraging Ethan to go a little longer without his middle of the night feed. When he wakes up we re-settle him without a feed. If he goes back to sleep he obviously isn't starving. When he wont settle we feed him. He went almost 6 hours the other night but last night needed a feed at four hours. I'm sure there are other ways of doing this but this is what we are trying. I can't wait till he sleeps through. A friend has a 4 month old and he can go 11 hours!!! I think Ethan needs some lessons from him. How great to have that much sleep!

Trish - the exact same thing happens to me for my morning shower - I just have a towel handy!!!

Claire - I feel major let-down every feed and my boobs spray milk with voilent force!

Saffi - I am the same as Amber with routine and will wait till he stops needing the feed. He is down to two night-time feeds now which is pretty good and he doesn't cry - I just hear him making sucking noises, pop him on the boob and he has a drink then goes straight back to sleep so these feeds don't really bother me. Even on his nightmare days, he has always been really good in the night for some reason.

Alz - poor little Ethan! I hope he is better soon!

Mo - what teat do you use with Maddi then?

Nickers - your family is going to be in the horrors after DH gets wisdom teeth out! Lucky you will be well enough to hold it all together!! :-)

Domenic has taken day off with me today (I have been running to the toilet all day yesterday and last night Yuck!) but am feeling better now so am really enjoying having him home.

Have a good day all.
    Terri. xoxo

becky Guest

Grrr! Its the same with me and Im not even breast feeding anymore! Grrr. How long does it take for this milk to dry up?? Annoying!!

Had an ok night. Chels slept from 9 til 3.30 then back until 9. She was sleeping through the last few nights but must have spoken to soon. Doesnt really bother me though.

Leah - hope you feel better soon. Tahlia does exactly the same thing with her fist, but will also not take the dummy. I find sometimes if I put her over my shoulder she starts sucking on that!

Hi everyone

It's only my first post....I have no idea what I'm doing! I have a little boy, Maxwell Benjamin, born 12th October 2007. He is absolutely devine! Sleeps through the night too...what a star

Welcome to the most talkative forum I have seen MiniMax and congrats on your arrival. Congrats too on the sleeping through! I just wish Caitlyn could learn a thing or two about the sleeping through thing. We put her to sleep around 830 and she normally wakes up at 1130 then 330 then 5. I guess she will when she is ready!

Star- Maddi uses the Nuk teats, only ones she likes.

Welcome Minimax

Welcome MiniMax! Lucky you having a good night sleeper!

morning all

Lachie is going well, not sleeping much through the day though???

Thanks everyone! I think I'm pretty lucky with Max, he is so laid back. He is sleeping lots which might be due to the fact that he is growing soooo rapidly!

Welcome MiniMax. BB is very easy to use and here in the Octo-bubs group we are really friendly and chatty. Look forward to hearing all about Maxwell Benjamin. We have another Perth girl in this group and I'm sure she'd be happy to have another Westie.

I read somewhere that as the feeder you can drop the feed. I had just thought that the baby decided this when he didn't wake up as usual. I think I will try settling first. We normally feed L 100mls of EBM as his last feed of the evening or sometimes the first of the morning (2am) depending on how long his evening sleep goes for.

Well today is a lot better than yesterday. He slept for over an hour this morning, was up for about 90mins and after about 30 mins of settling he is out to it. It is cloudy and a lot cooler here today so that might be the difference. Did a lot of reading overnight about settling and stuff to do babies so feel more prepared today.

Welcome minimax! What a cutie you have there! Welcome to BB too you will love it!
    x

welcome minimax and congratulations on the bith of Maxwell!
    thats great with the night sleeps!

LizzysMum Guest

Welcome Minimax! My DD was born the same day as Max

Saffi - I am letting Amara dictate when she drops a feed. As I am BF I feel she will wake if she is hungry. I feed any time after about 2 hours if I think her signs are hunger. She is generally going from about 10.30pm to 5am which is great.

Gotta run 3 year old with glue downstairs EEEEEKKK!

Claire Guest

Welcome minimax!

Thanks for the teat info girls - I'm going to try with a bottle of EBM tomorrow! Be nice if he will take a bottle once in a while as we are off to the UK for a month and I'd love to have a beer or three with some of my friends and family! I'nm so excited about going! Not so much about the flight with a toddler in tow though!

Saffi - I didn't encourage Em to drop a night feed until she was well onto solids, I think she fed twice overnight then. Harry is thankfully sleeping from bedtime till 5am so only one feed overnight anyway. It's always the 1am feed that buggers us isn't it? You could try re-settling, bubs will definitely let you know if it's hungry!

Ange - What a cute little Lu Santa!! Beautiful!

Nic - Ouch for DH, I had 3 out at the same time and had a mighty jaw ache for a while.

becky Guest

Welcome Minimax, We definately are the most talkative group! Dont come on for a day, and you have 5 hours worth of reading to do. LOL

Wow Claire, you are game going on a plane for that long with a toddler. LOL. All my family is in Adelaide but Im too scared to take my DS even that far.... I know Im a wuss..... What you gonna do to keep her occupied for so long?

Hope your feeling better Terri....

welcome minimax and congrats on the birth of your baby

I've had a hard day today, Tahlia has hardly slept... everytime I try to put her down she grizzles so I can't get anything done. I don't think there is anything wrong with her cause as soon as I pick her up she is happy, she just wants to be held!

Yay I got my Av, check me out! *struts back and forth*

Kellie - Sometimes bubs just want their mummy! As flattering as that is, it can be frustrating when you want to get things done!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast