Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #16

Viv - I'm hearin' ya!

My DH does plenty around here, he cooks for me etc. but I always just feel like I'm alone all the time. Yesterday we went to a friends place for Australia Day, there were a few of us there, but I just felt so detached from everyone, like I was on another planet...one that only Max & I live on! Sometimes I think that even though DH does things around the house, I want him to be more involved with Max. If he takes Max off my hands for a bit, he will sit in front of the TV watching the cricket with Max next to him. If I speak...he doesn't hear! I guess I get excited about things Max does and DH doesn't think it's as much of a big deal...so I think there is something wrong with HIM!

Anyway, I left the party early yesterday and DH didn't even get out of the pool to say goodbye to us....this morning he said it was because he didn't want everyone to see him (he's self concious about his bod!)....so it seems to me he cares more about what his mates think....sigh!! Max was in bed by 7:30pm so I just sat around with Charlie (the dog) bored out of my mind watching tv. I guess I just need a bit of quality time!! DH didn't get home till about 1am totally Pi$$ed and just plain annoying. This morning he said he felt bad, but I just wish he would think about that BEFORE he gets to the point of having to be sorry about it...KWIM?

Sorry everyone, that was a totally selfish whinge! Feel better now though

Kim- you too darl you are such a good mum your bubbies are so beautiful! I showed Ryan pics of his future bride Jasmine and he squealed so I take it he likes ;-) LOL.

Trish- wow what little troopers! Ryan would take random whacks at toys but if he actually got them it was more of an accident than anything else and he'd scare himself hahaha. I was trying to get Ryan to shake his rattle before but he decided it was extra tasty and went better in his mouth lol. We've been going for crawls today I've been putting my arm behind his back legs so he can push off and move around his play mate he thought it was fantastic.. play mat is now absolutely drenched in drool but he had fun and it wasnt my leg or arm for a change! Hehehe

Mo- I'm glad they behaved themselves for you it really makes the days so much more enjoyable when everyone is happy . I'd love a portable air con is it one of those evaporative coolers or is it an actual air con unit?

Julia- How lucky they will never have to work on a birthday! At least you're gettin Max used to the water I guess it's a bit like baths they don't particularly like them to start with then they realise it's not that bad and it can acutally be fun! I love your ticker such a happy lil thing

Kellie- Ryan likes to eat his fists as well but hates a dummy! He'll even grab and shove half his bib in there (mmm extra linty goodness :S). That's adorable sticking her tongue out such a kodak moment! Supposedly at around 3-4 months they start to develop a "reach and miss" and start to be able to sit and look around with support. All the cones in their eyes also become functional so they can see all the colors a lot better too everything becomes that little bit more exciting

Viv- sometimes I get cranky at DP and become uninterested when I'm really tired and feel that I really needed that little extra hand I'm just not getting. I just have to turn around and say I'm just in a bad mood and really need him to help with a few things, as long as he's not doing anything important in his online games he usually tries his best to help out so I don't feel so cruddy. I've found one thing I do is I get annoyed before I even ask him to do something because he usually forgets I've asked and doesn't do it. So instead of asknig then getting annoyed he's forgotten I skip straight to annoyed which isn't fair on anyone! Can you get someone to take James for a few hours and spend some time pampering each other? DTD used to not interest me at all (except obviously had to happen Ryans not an immaculate conception!) but I found it was because I wasn't attracted to my ex anymore, with DP I think he's a hottie so I go him LOL. Maybe ask John to dress in something you find really attractive on him, have a nice dinner and spend some time with each other? Get it into a routine and try and make each other feel special and it may help churn some feelings for each other? I can understand how you could lose yourself in James though he's so adorable and expressive

Rebecca-don't worry I understood what you meant! I thought it was something to do with the tyres you just have to look at the way they move as you push it along to see it's not really designed the best to go that way but I'm stubborn so we get there even if I have to knock a few people out the way for a turning circle in the process! LOL. Ryan has only just started to acknowledge his toys are there, it's between 3-4 months bubbies are meant to start doing the "reach and miss" for toys and brightly coloured things once the cones "come online" in the baby noggin wiring . I was all worried because Ryan hadn't started to grab at things much yet because of his leg twitch they were concerned it was something developmental and neurological and I have to pay close attention to make sure all the other developmental things are happening relatively "on time". But it was one day all he wanted to do was suck his thumb, then over night he was grabbing for things. I'm glad things with you and your DH are getting better sometimes I wish they were mind readers so I didn't have to keep spelling things out but then again somtimes I'm glad they aren't! Especially when watching Johnny Depp heavy movies mmmm *goes off to day dream* lol

Julia- just wanted to add extra hugs! It would be lovely if they could see things BEFORE they had to be sorry but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath I don't think it's ever going to happen! lol. Do you think talking to someone like your family GP could help? Sometimes something as small as changing a diet or a routine or getting some extra vitamins could help boost the spirits a bit?

Celtic- it's actually a portable air-con they cost around 500-700 for one to do a small space.
    They don't work as-well as an actual air con, put if your only renting then they come in very handy.

Julia-

Maddi grabs hold of everything now, I'm losing so much hair from her constantly trying to rip my hair out lol.
    She even tries to hold her bottle during bottle time, She's gonna be so fun to feed when she can start solids

Celtic Vitamins...good idea....I have some so I think I'll get some into me....at the rate Max is growing, all my goodness must be going straight out my nipples!!!

I feel better now....I honestly don't have to whinge that often....I just have to stop expecting DH to be like me....coz well...there is only 1 me!!

Thanks everyone...and sorry Viv it was supposed to be in support of you too!
    Last edited by YoYo; January 27th, 2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: had to close the page coz DH came into the room and I didn't want him to see I was whinging about him!!

Mo- I know how beautiful is it the girl at Ryans daycare was telling me how he grabbed on and wouldn't let go. She tried to stop him half way through so he decided if she wasn't going to hold it he'd feed himself! lol. He can only hold it if he's sitting tilting back though otherwise he doesnt grab it properly...

Nooo he's awake again why is it so hard for him to go to sleep at the exact same time every day! lol, better go give him some cuddles and try again he's been up for nearly2 1/2 hours now

Ughhh...I feel like the WORST mother in the world right now!!! I was trimming Kieran's fingernails and, you guessed it, I cut his finger in the process . Ohhhhhh....I feel terrible! He cried soooo hard, ohhhh . I calmed him down and fed him and he was happy again, but I can't look at him without feeling guilty now! Sorry for my fragmented post, but I'm having trouble putting it into words!

Mo - Glad you had a good time yesterday!

Julia - All I can say is: MEN! On NYE we went to a party and my DH parked his bum on a chair, had a beer, chatted with everyone else and left me to deal with getting a bub to sleep in his pram on a 43 degree night outdoors! He didn't get up ONCE and I didn't get to talk to anyone, I wasn't happy and swore I'd stay home next time!!

Celtic - How cute you're teaching Ryan to crawl! K hates tummy time so he is nowhere near that stage yet!

Rebecca - Do you have anyone around your age group in your area? You poor thing, it must be so lonely where you are. I get lonely in the 'burbs!

Viv - Just know that things WILL get better. Right now is the hardest, most demanding part of motherhood so it is normal to feel the way you do. I feel so harrassed sometimes after a day with the boys that I don't want DH anywhere near me! I just want my body to myself for a little while!! By the time Joel was 6 months old things started getting much easier, he had more wake time so I didn't feel like my life revolved around naps, he slept better and was just easier in general.

Kellie - They do grow up fast don't they?! We watched footage of Joel as a newborn a couple of months ago and he looked sooo different!

Willow - *wolf whistle* You look great in that photo I saw in the other thread! What a yummy mummy!!

Have a great evening everyone!

minimax... that's exactly it... alone all the time, even when you're not. it sucks.

bah.

maybe tomorrow will be better.

at least james' explosive poos and farts amuse me no end.

ps trish, i snipped j's finger once too. *cries* he was fine tho' just flinched a bit then went on with his usual business

Just know that things WILL get better. Right now is the hardest, most demanding part of motherhood so it is normal to feel the way you do. I feel so harrassed sometimes after a day with the boys that I don't want DH anywhere near me! I just want my body to myself for a little while!! By the time Joel was 6 months old things started getting much easier, he had more wake time so I didn't feel like my life revolved around naps, he slept better and was just easier in general.
    Viv - Trish is totally right!! It is soooo normal to feel the way you do right now. Days like today when my toddler is just being a nightmare and Logan has not slept all that well and DH is just bugging me I feel like screaming and running away just for 5 mins peace on my own!! LOL. Hang in there, and in the meantime talk to your DH about how you are feeling and try to make some time just for the two of you if you have someone that can look after bub for a few hours.

The other thing is as he gets older and feeds less, you will have more opportunities to get out on your own and do some things just for yourself, it might seem like a long way off yet but it's probably only a few more months before that happens.

Trish - awww, thanks hun! The picture in the paper is a better photo, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! And don't feel too bad about K's nail - I've done it twice!! He was overdue by 10 days so when he was born he had really long nails so I had to cut them straight away, but I didn't realise the skin had kinda started growing over the nail on his thumbs because they were that long and you should have seen the blood!! Funnily enough, he didn't really cry but every time I looked at it my stomach dropped.

I have a confession to make. I have cut L's skin under his finger nail too! I didn't want to say anything for fear you'd all think I was the worse Mum in the world. Haven't been brave enough to go near them again, even tho they are so long now, tear all the time and scratch me.

L slept from around 10.30pm to 4.45am tho I put the dummy back in and extended it out to 5.15am. Hopefully tonight will be the same. It won't be long now before he is totally out of his wraps. I am trialling how he goes without them but seems to hit his dummy out and then cries whereas the wrap holds the dummy in longer.

Nothing happening in my world. Very dull indeed.

Kate - having a Pizza Capers pizza tonight. Yummo!!!

Too many personals to remember. Hello to all and hugs to those of you who need one.

Aww Trish don't feel bad I've done it to to Ryans thumb and the tears and the pout! Aww it breaks your heart and DP did it once as well and he was nearly crying too! They are so little and they don't stop squirming it's so hard! I have those mini baby clippers with the ring u put ur finger through that are meant to give you better control... well they haven't created clippers capable of coping with the flailing arms of the wee folk yet! Don't feel bad it's not like you grab his finger, cut it on purpose then laughed, it was an accident *big comfort hugs*

Willow you look HOT HOT HOT...and ur lil man is a cutie pie....love his hair!!

**hugs** Julia! Men can be so thoughtless sometimes... my DH is a bit antisocial, so not really an issue I have to deal with. BTW I'm in Hammond Park, which is just near Success. Where in Perth are you??

Oh, I just read through a few pages on the previous thread and then a couple more on this, and remember why I hadn't been coming here as often - all you lovely ladies are so chatty unless I some in every day or even a couple of times a day I find it really hard to keep up with you all. And of course by the time I have read through everything I forget most of what I wanted to say/respond to... ARG! It amazes me how you ladies have the time to chat so much, you must all be super-mums!

Let me see how much I can remember.

Someone asked about MCNs (modern cloth nappies) - my favourite brands are BumGenius & Green Kids. Nuture Nappies is an awesome online store and the exclusive supplier of BumGenius in Australia. Green Kids can be brought via Nuture Nappies or direct just google Green Kids. I use the BumGenius as a day nappy and they usually last around 3-hours, so change every feed kind of thing. And then the Green Kids with the bamboo insert, and booster is needed as a night nappy, which can last up to around 12-hours!... But every baby is different. I have tried a few different styles/brands, including fitted nappies and all in ones. But I find the pocket nappies in the brands mentioned the best for Kaylee. And as mentioned the BumGenius are good because you can snap them down, and expand them out as baby grows.

Trish - I cut Kaylee's thumb once when I was cutting her finger nails - ages and ages ago... it bled SO much, I felt terrible! And was in tears too/ But it healed really quickly and is totally fine now. And I cut her nails about once a week as they grow so quickly and haven't done it again!

Becky - I am now expect, but I think you are doing the right thing for Liam! Don't feel bad, you are doing it to help his growth and development.

We don't take Kaylee out at night, it just doesn't work - she get's over stimulates, overtired and screams!! She get's very upset and screams lots when she is overtired and at home, and is heaps worse if we are out...

Oh, bugger - I'm sure there was heaps more I wanted to say, but can't for the life of my remember... sorry ladies.

MORNING!!

Peta My Mum and Sister are in Success (mum is living with my sis and her BF while they build their house......in Hammond Park!). I am in Karrinyup. I also use Green Kids nappies...well I have one which I got in a trial pack. I tried it the other day but it was so hot I thought Max might overheat with it on...PLUS I don't know if I put it on right coz it felt all bunched up inside and it was like I was cutting of the circulation in his legs!! I think I need some lessons!

Viv I don't know about you but I think I need to get out of the house with DH and just get some quality time without baby. It sux when you feel totally alone and there is someone right next to you. I know exactly how you feel. Funny though my son's rear end cracks me up too....at least we have that

You poor girls cutting your bub's fingers.....it would be awful. I bite off Max's nails when they get too long. I couldn't do it at first when he was a 'fresh' baby coz I was afraid I'd bite the end of his finger off!

For those of you that wrap their bubs but they are kicking it off all the time, ever thought of using a grobag? Max loves his...he is cozy in it and I never have to worry about him being uncovered. He can still wriggle around too....he still ends up sideways in his cot....go figure!!?

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

A Phil and Teds pram is a jogger pram (3 wheeler) that carries 2 kids. Have a Google they are cool!

Peta - You can also buy Bumgenius at The Wee Wuns, although they are out of stock and at Darlings Downunder. Both are also great onliine store selling a wide range of products

Have to run, Eliza is running amok!

Thanks Leah - I will check them out... I was under the impression that Nurture Nappies were exclusive suppliers of BumGenius in Australia... I really like Nuture Nappies, but will check the other online stores you mentioned.

Oh, I remembered somethinbg else... LOL to the dad who brought 2 x wring nappies!... Kaylee is already in the crawlers, the infant ones are too small.

We are doing MCNs pretty much full-time at home and 'sposies when out and about, would like to do MCNs full-time, but need to add more to my supply.

Julia - maybe you could come for a visit sometime and I can show you how I use the MCNs... I'm no expert, but seams to work aok the way I do it all! Not sure if it would interest you, but I'm having an UnderCoverWear party this Friday at 1.30pm, if you would like to come along PM me, you can bring Max!

Trish- I did the same thing the other day with Caitlyn"s nails - sooo much blood and she screamed!!!! Of course I cried and rang DH and told him I was a bad mummy. He came home cleaned it (and me) up and told me that it woud heal in a day or so.....and it has!!!For now though I am biting her nails off!!
    Hmmm no one around my age group that don't live on rural properties! like 100 km or so out of town....or they are single and cringe at the talk of baby stuff.....will just live vicariously through you girls I think. But yes....i do get VERY lonely!! My friend fromn back home is 17 weeks pregnant so we tend to talk a bit and her DP is going away untl 3 days before her due date - he leaves thursday. so i am sure we will be talking plenty.....but I sure would love someone closer!! oh well...only here till november (touch wood!!)
    Julia-I did try a grobag but she needs to have her arms wrapped otherwise they flail about and wake her up. I thought she could do without but i was wrong.
    anyway I have little miss C on my lap right now and she is getting impatient with me so i had better run!!
    have a great australia day public holiday all!! MWAH

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast