Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #16

*too scared to bite his nails*

he's wearing big cotton mittens because he slashed his face... like.. an inch vertically below his eye!!!!

MIL is coming tomorrow, no doubt i'll be in trouble...

I use the clippers on Maddi's nails & I'm so scared I'll clip her finger, it's worse trying to do her toe nails.

Thanks everyone for sharing your own finger cutting stories! I'm not glad it has happened to you and your bubs, but it does make me feel better that I'm not the only one who has done it! K is fine, but I just can't bring myself to look at his finger still!

Viv - K scratches himself all the time (hence why I tried to cut his nails!), I try not to take him out in public when he has scratched his face because every time without fail, SOMEONE will comment on the scratch, even complete strangers! Maybe put some make-up over James' scratch when your MIL comes LOL!

Saffi - Sounds like Lachlan is doing really well overnight for you! How did he go last night?

Celtic - Thanks for your kind "cutting baby's finger" words lol! DH said seeing as it took three of us to hold K to get the dr to look in his ears he could understand how I cut his finger!

Willow - I think the web photo looks great! I forgot to say that your DS is such a little spunk! He has the BEST hair!!

Peta - Kaylee looks like such a cutie in your ticker photo. I agree, you have to come in here regularly to keep up! I'm a bit of an offender really, I love to chat! Sorry to everyone if you are getting sick of me, just tell me to shut up!!

Julia - I haven't tried a grobag yet. K still really needs his arms wrapped, but he always gets out of his wrap somehow. I think I will try him in a sleeping bag very soon.

Leah - Glad you are lovin' your Phil & Ted's pram. I've only heard good things about them!

Rebecca - Wow, you really are isolated out there! At least you have a pg friend to chat to, and us girls of course!! Where are you moving to in November?

I woke up feeling so disgusting this morning. This sinus infection is horrible. I was dizzy, nauseous, achy everywhere and I could barely talk. Luckily I feel a bit better as the day is going on. My eyes feel so puffy and burning too. Gee I'm a whinger aren't I?!

K wouldn't sleep for his morning nap because DH was on the phone all morning and talked so loud that K wouldn't settle. He is asleep now thank goodness and DH & Joel are out so I have some peace and quiet finally! K has been waking at around 5am for a feed, then wants to stay awake afterwards. I go in and out of his room for an hour trying to settle him back to sleep. He keeps smiling and chatting at me, cute, but annoying at that time of morning!!

Man my post is getting long! One more question...to all b'feeding mums, how long is your bub taking to feed now? Kieran is taking only 5 minutes in total most times during the day and I worry he isn't getting enough.

Hi all

I am relieved to read that there are other finger cutters around. I actually cut DH once when I was doing his nails. Best not try a career change and become a nail technician.

Trish - I hope you're feeling better.
    Viv - do you get along with MIL? Mine is great most of the time, but there are times when she just plain &*^% me off. PILs come around every weekend to see us. She is just loving seeing L so often as she only gets to see her other g'kids once a month or less. At least L will get to know one set of g'parents really well. My p's are interstate
    Rebecca - My life is so dull even I don't want to live vicariously thru me! LOL
    Julia - L is starting to outgrow his wraps. I had thought about grobags initially so may look at going to them. How do they go in hot climates?

L slept thru again last night. I am positive now that his really full stomach leads to a good sleep. Last night he had about 180mls in EBM and FF and whatever he could get BF. During the day he is also sleeping around 2 - 2.5 hours most nap times.

BF - atm BF is taking no time at all 'cause he really isn't too interested or pulls a lot on the breast. So after awhile I give up and supplement feed. The new motor to my pump should arrive tomorrow so I can go back to electric pumping. Manual sucks big time (or not). LOL Not sure what my supply is doing. Certainly not gushing like I was expecting I would be. Think I may just express and BF L that way so I know how much he is getting.

I think he is starting to take an interest in his feet. This morning he was just staring at them. So cute.

Anyway 2pm and still in my jammies. Better go and get myself organised.

LizzysMum Guest

Hiya,

Re the nails thing - a good piece of advice given to me by my MCHN with Eliza was never to use clippers as you can't tell if you have finger in them on te bottom blade. She told me to always use baby safety nail scissors. I got Tommee Tippee ones. It was good advice I have never cut either of the girls 'cos with scissors you can see both blades and what you are cutting. Hope that makes sense?

Amara is also feeding faster, maybe 10 mins?

Must run,

becky Guest

Awww, Thanks Peta. Yeah I really do know Im doing the right thing, just gonna miss him so much.....

I cant remember what else I was gonna say, Im a bit tired, both babies are sleeping so I might go have a nap.
    I will be back later to do more personals when my mind is working properly...

I have Tommee Tippee clippers and still managed to cut K's thumb once... but haven't done it since!

Trish - please don't think I am bored or don't like the chitter chatter - I just find it hard to keep up sometimes... but yes it is good to hear how everyone is going and that they are going through the same as us etc.

Trish - Tell you to shut up??? NEVER It is so amusing to hear other mum's stories and to know that they, like me, dont have the faintest clue sometimes - very reassuring I can tell you! Plus Ithink I come in here a lot and chat away! Sometimes I have more to say than other times! Its nice to have others to talk to!
    Saffi- You want to talk about dull??? I havent left the house since Friday afternoon when I collected Caitlyn from daycare! There is literally no where to go...everything shuts at 12 on Saturday (except woolworths!) There is no one that I would even go and visit - although I contemplated going to visit DH at work on Saturday - but by the time I had changed C - he was home!
    I have really had a disappointing weekend. I was hoping (as was my mum) that my parents would come out this weekend! Mum took an extra day off work JIC dad wanted to come out. But he didnt want to drive all this way. So they didnt come visit.
    But my sister is moving back to Townsville from Brisbane and so she will be able to visit more regularly. She doesnt mind sitting in the bus for 10 hours and will make sure she gets some 3 and 4 day weekends! Isnt that great?! I am excited - will give me someone to talk to!
    Anyway - time for feed! MWAH

i will start to post now and update when i finish reading otherwise i forget what i was going to write!

Julie- Yep MEN. today we went down to a lovely park about an hrs drive away, my sister and her fam come and we met another couple with there 2yr DD. all of us mums seemed to be the ones running around after the kids while then MEN sat back, relaxed and had a beer and a chat.
    There was a bit play area with swings etc but being a pub hol so many kids you could loose sight of your own within a flash.

We have had a big few days. Aust Day arvo we went to a big fesitval not far from our place. they had rides for the kids, fireworks and music. The Angels played as well as a blues brothers show both were really good.
    The yesterday we went to a 1st birthday party. Nixon was the eldest child and Tyron the youngest. dh was working so was on my own, ofcourse friends helped but i was still go go go the entire time.
    then today we left the house at 9am and just got home at 3pm.

Trish- Im sure Kieren wont hole a grudge lol! ive done that before i know how terrible you feel. it sounds like most of us have done the same thing! I usually bite Tyrons off also but i cut Nixon's.

Leah- is it you with the Phil & Ted? Im enjoying much more in the last few outings ive set it up as 2 toddlers. Tyron is much happier, when it was toddler & baby he cannot see anything this way he likes looking around and is pretty comfy! I have a few issues with it though, the brake is extremley hard to get on and off and there isnt much room for storage with 2 children! bit its nice and ligth and so easy to steer.

ok finished page 3 onto page 4 lol

Heya girls.

Trish - I had a sinus infection when I was prg and OMG, it was the WORST! I was in that much pain because my head was all blocked up I couldn't sleep for 3 nights. Was awful. Hope the antib's are kicking in. Bugger about K missing his morning nap, L missed his middle of the day sleep today because we were out so he only dozed on and off in the car. He's asleep now though, 2hrs 45 mins and counting! He does have pretty cool hair! Everywhere I take him people comment on it. When he gets out of the bath the curl is really tight, I hope it stays that way. Re b/feeding - L usually only takes about 5-10 mins and then he's done. I think K is doing fine, I wouldn't worry about it. The older they get, the faster and more efficient they get.

Kim - awww, thanks matey! I preferred the pic that they printed in the paper, you can see L a lot better, but I was pretty happy with them overall.

Saffi - WTG on getting L to sleep thru! Must admit though that all that expressing sounds like hard work?

Nickers - sounds like you had a big weekend! We took the kids down to the river today for some lunch and a play but it was soooo hot we had to come home after about an hour. Speaking of men - when we got there, DH ran into some of his mates who'd been down their fishing, so 40 mins later they go and we finally get our 'family' time that DH had planned

Wrapping - I'm planning on wrapping DS till winter, he'll be about 5 months by then so should be ready to stop being wrapped (I like to wrap my bubs till about then, I find they sleep better if their arms aren't flapping around!) and then we'll switch to a grobag or something similar. My SIL brought him one but it looks huge so not sure if he'll be big enough for it then (supposed to be 6-18 months). That said, he has grown out of most of his wraps and gets his arms out in about a minute flat, so I had my mum make me some which are 1.5m and they are much better. He can still get his arms out, but not as easily.

L has been really fussy while feeding the last few days. It started out with him wanting to 'chat' instead of feed but then it was like he wasn't interested at all! He has fed well today though so I hope it was just a passing phase. Nothing more stressful than a baby who won't feed (except maybe for one who won't sleep?? LOL)
    Last edited by Willow; January 28th, 2008 at 03:54 PM.

Wrapping- he's been a kicker since before he was born he hated being wrapped loves freedom and cries if he cant eat him hands or kick his legs so, well it's less work hehe

Left lil monkey on our bed today after our family trip to the park, he managed to do a big u-turn on the bed over to DP's belt he left on the bed and I came in and there was a drool patch nearly as big as Ryan as he munched lol DP now has his belt airing on the veranda, SOAKED lmao

Just thought I'd type a quick one Ryan hasn't slept since 1pm! He doesn't even look tired, not yawning and is so happy to be with mum and dad guess this means he'll sleep well tonight *fingers crossed* going to go cuddle him under the air con bbl

just a quick one, cause Tahlia is about to wake up, but for those of you who are saying bubs is growing out of wraps, I just bought some muslin wraps on ebay that were 1.4 * 1.4m, so hopefully that size will keep Tahlia wrapped up! The biggest ones I've seen in the stores are only 1m * 1m

Yeah have been thinking that Im going to have to buy some bigger wraps....little C is now over 6 kg so the ones that I have just arent cutting it!
    DH and I were having a nice looong weekend together with C and at 430 the dogs start barking.....DH's boss is at the front gate. There are some spots in our house where there is just no mobile coverage and he had been trying to ring...off to Julia Creek for DH - will be back around 9 tonight! And hes not even on call today! The guy who is on call is drunk! Not impressed! Pity DH gets paid flat rate - no PH pay!

My doula recommended making your own to fit whatever size you wanted just get a piece of cheesecloth sort of material cut then you just have to fold over the sides and give it a quick stitch or if you dont mind a little bit of fraying I'm sure it will work long enough to cater to bubs wrapping needs

Ryan went to sleep at 6.30 without a tantrum! Just lay there and watched his little musical star and fell asleep I worked out he only slept 3 hours total if that since he woke up at 7.

Nickers-wow what a busy time you've had how were the boys? Are they all tuckered out? How are you sleep deprived wise?

LizzysMum Guest

Hi everyone,

Nic - I have a Kiwi Explorer P&T buggy. So a bit older than yours. My brake is easy to put on and off. Does yours press down on the tyre? I didn't have it set up as a newborn 'cos I only got it last week. I have put a sheepskin in the rear sling and Amara is happy as. If you are wanting storage you can buy side saddles or panniers for the P&T. They are bags that hang on the sides like little backpacks. You could use one for your phone, keys, purse, glasses and bits etc and the other would hold prolly milk and bread or some veges & fruit. I am actually thinking of making my own as I have a snap press.

I also hear you about the men thing sheesh!

Re the fingernail thing - I have Tommee Tippee safety scissors not clippers if that helps?

Took the girls to a local wildlife park today and then Maccas for lunch - a huge treat for DD1. She had a good day. Preschool starts back this week. I am expecting the crying and carry on again as she has had 6 weeks off. DH is also back to work tomorrow, I think he is stressing.

Must go - I am trying to knit Amara some longies for winter and my knitting is not what it could be LOL!

Hugs,

Rebecca...i hope you have a great day with Caitlyn

Hi everyone,
    Sorry I haven't been here for a while. It has been so busy at our place and Ethan being the catnapper that he is only gives me very short amounts of time to do anything!!!!!

We are doing well. Ethan has now slept from his late night feed till 6am 4 times. Yey!!!!

I am getting a bit sad coz he is getting so big. He started to roll from his tummy to his back the other day and is making so many new noises. He is feeding better but still not as much as he should. I am not worried because for the last 2 weeks he has put on 300g a week!!! I hope he doesn't get over weight. That is what worries me about formula.

In regards to wrapping, I found that Ethan grew out of his wraps about a month ago. He still needs wrapping as his legs and arms bother him. He also tries to stick his hands in his mouth while his dummy is there and knocks the dummy out which causes more upsets. I found the best thing to do was go to spotlght and buy some really thin cotton and muslin fabrick which is as long as you can find (112cm or 145cm is good). I bought 1.5 metres of fabric and just sewed a seam around the edge. This is working really well as Ethan's legs and tightly wrapped too. Also I could find lots of cute patterns on the fabric!

Better go and put little one to bed. Take care everyone and have a great day.

Morning everyone!

Rebecca - Wishing you a very happy birthday today!!! I hope you have a lovely day and get lots of great pressies!!

Alz - Good to hear from you! That's awesome Ethan is sleeping so well for you!

Leah - I will have to look out for those nail scissors, thanks for the tip!

Kellie - I bought a really big wrap from eBay too, it works really well.

Kieran slept from 9:30pm until 4:30am, I fed him, put him back to bed, but he decided to stay awake. Aghhhh... By 6am I was over it so I put him in bed with us and we went back to sleep. I'm getting a bit tired of these early morning shenanigans! I have no idea why he wants to stay awake now when he used to be so good.

I stopped taking the antibiotics last night. Kieran has been so unsettled and having terrible day sleeps and I'm wondering if the AB's are affecting him. I will give it a day or two to see if it helps by not taking them. He seems to be in pain though, when he is on the floor he arches his back a lot and twists to one side. I'm going to ring the chiro today and book him in again methinks.

Have a great day everyone!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast