Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #17

Willow - so glad to hear today went well for you. Great that you have some follow up sessions booked in. Hopefully things will be improving for you both by then but if not the law of averages would suggest that a bad day will be encountered and you can get some help when he is at his worst (IYKWIM).
    Trish - good for you cooking dinner early. Did that too (if you count earlier as last night and the dinner being left overs!).

Rang around all the childcare centres to confirm our interest. One place didn't have any record of our application. Lucky I had kept a record of who I spoke with as when I mentioned the name of the person it seemed like she wasn't very reliable. And I am trusting my child to these people???? Anyway, they have backdated my application so I "retain" my place on the list. Was actually offered days at 2 places if I wanted to put him in immediately. Going to visit one of the centres tomorrow.

Trish i ended up using the olive oil, because i only had that at home. Will keep some Bicarb soda in house from now on tho

Willow shame L was on he's best behavior for you at sleep school, hope the other session's help you out more.

Kim great bargain on the fridge.

Saffi have fun visiting the childcare centres tomorrow, hope there is one for you & Lachlan

LizzysMum Guest

HI All,

Ahhh the great debate again LOL to self settle or Mum settle? I am with Viv, I think that it is perfectly natural for them to want us. I also believe it is our society and lifestyle that have made us think babies should self settle. But I also don't think Mum should have her eyes hanging out of her head and be unable to function. Do what works for you, not what everyone expects.

Amara has also started to grab stuff and pop it straight in to her mouth

No rolling here either, this is a good thing! Trust me....

Weigh in today was 6.4kg and 62cm long.

Finally found a GREAT book for my issues with Eliza. I child psychologist has written abook called the Active Alert Child OMG the book describes her perfectly. It is very good and I am enjoying it. Seems there is not much to do but it helps me to understand her and enjoy her special qualities more.

becky Guest

Nerida - Are you looking at going back to work? Or are you just putting him in childcare for some social activity?

Willow - Good to see DS is behving for ya! Im sure it will get better and easier!

Leah - Hope the book helps! During my first pregancy and when Liam was young, I couldnt have survived without my collection of books! LOL

Morning everyone! We are up earlier than usual this morning, I think Joel's a bit excited about kinder today! He was getting upset about it last night, but I talked him around and now he's happy about it again. I REALLY hope he copes when I leave him.

Kieran slept well last night, but he woke up early too. Never mind, at least that means he'll get a bit of a nap before I have to take Joel to kinder. K has decided his fingers taste better than his fists and he pretty much lives with his fingers in his mouth atm! He is also fascinated with the TV. I deliberately face him away from it on his mat, but he will just crane his neck and body around so he can watch it! I'd leave the TV off, but Joel likes his ABC Kids in the morning.

Willow - How'd you're little man go late yesterday? Were you able to resettle him? I find K doesn't sleep as well for his later naps.

Leah - Glad to hear you've found a helpful book! Kids can be so challenging at times.

Mo - That's great the olive oil worked!

Saffi - Good luck today finding the right DC for Lachlan! When do you start back at work?

Trish - Nope, couldn't resettle him so got up up for 1/2 hour, then bath, massage bed. Took us 30 mins to settle him to sleep and then the only thing that worked was a top up feed.

And surprise, surprise, another crap night last night. That's about 6 in a row now so I just have to assume that's the new norm. I'm starting to run out of energy for this. Days I can handle, days AND nights, I can't.

Goodluck today Trish for Joels big day at Kinder

Trish good luck with Kinder Sure Joel will love it.

Willow sorry you had another bad night, really hope tonight is better for you.

Trish - how did you go dropping Joel off? I'm sure he is having a ball!

Leah - I think you summed it up perfectly when you said 'Do what works for you, not what everyone expects.'

Willow - you poor thing... I hope today and tonight are better for you

Mo - you tricked me! I'm thinking who is 'Trinity' and then I realised it was you? When did that happen? Did I take a while to figure it out?

lol I only put my name request in an hour or so ago, i was surprised it happened so quickly.
    Feels odd having a different name now lol

LOL when i got an email notification saying Trinity has replied to a thread....i was like ohh a newbie for our Oct group!!

lol sorry to disappoint Kim...

Finally got my cloth nappies today, thank-you Kim I'm expecting 2 more to arrive this week, then i can try them out & buy some more

Excellent Mo...

Ive been on a nappy quest myself...but for Chelsea...still not game to put them on Jasmines butt with them yucky poo's still. LOL

Good morning all!! Its been a little while since I managed to get in here and have a look. We have had THE WORST nights the last two nights - little miss C is waking up every 3 hours again!!! We havent changed anything!! I thought Sunday night might have been bad cause the timing was a bit off for everything. She got a feed early and then at 430 (an hour before he bath, feed, bed time) DH got cranky with her crying and said - take her - I've had enough!!! Hmmm....well of course when she went down at 515 and then was up again at 8, then 11, then 2 then 4 - I had had enough!! And then...when I got back to bed at 445 DH thought me touching him (I was shoving him to get him off my side of the bed!!) was me hitting him up for a bit!! NOT IMPRESSED. So of course back to normal routine yesterday and I was sooooo looking forward to getting some sleep but nooooooo down at 615 as usual up at 1030, then 1, then 4 then I put her into bed with DH and went and slept on the couch!! Got about half an hour before DH's alarm went off.
    Coping Not very well at all!! DH works 6 days a week - most days over 12 hours. I have no friends or family out here. No mothers groups or anything like that. I talk more to the lady at daycare who looks after C all day (she is around 50!) than anyone else out here - besides the ladies at work. The last two mornings I have spent in tears after DH has gone to work and have almost needed intravenous coffee to keep me going! Have not lost any weight despite diet and exercise changes. Have absolutely no interest in DTD. and the highlight of my days lately has been getting the mail cause all my birthday presents (and my ebay stuff) are arriving. Time for another visit to my doctor I think.
    other than all of that - I am ok. Gave a little vent there so I feel a little better.
    In a way I wish I wasnt back at work....there is still so much that I am not getting done around the house even though I start at 10 and finish at 3. I get home and am STARVING so I eat and before I know it its 430 and time to go get C from day care. DH cooking dinner helps.
    I cant remember anythign else that I wanted to say and I feel really rude letting all that come out but I think I really needed to say it.
    I dont know what I am going to do with C. She is waking all the time cause she is getting out of her wraps. Of course there is nowhere here for me to buy any and I cant find any bigger ones than the ones we have already so I will get a book out and try a different method of wrapping her. I dont seem to have trouble getting her to sleep....its staying asleep that has become impossible.
    Anyway - guys I am really sorry for that awfully selfish post!

Rebecca....use a cot sheet to wrap C in....im soooo sorry ur having a rough time. It must suck not having anyone..i hope things imrove soon for you *HUGS*

if it's any consolation, master james is doing 3-hourly feeds over night lately too. sucks eggs badly.

i hear ya. sometimes it's a truly ***** ride.

Awww Rebecca . You poor love, I really feel for ya! I was about to suggest what Kim said and say to use cot sheets, they make a great big wrap. As for waking o'night, K did that last week for about 4 nights then went back to normal, I am guessing it was a growth spurt. Just hold on, I'm sure it will pass really soon. You are doing such a sensational job being a mum out there all by yourself! Come in here any time to get things off your chest, it really does help to put it all down in writing sometimes.

I dont seem to have trouble getting her to sleep....its staying asleep that has become impossible.
    Rebecca, I'm hearing you hun!! We are in exactly the same boat and some days (like today) it's just too hard and I feel like we'll never get it right.

Take solace - at times over the last 6 nights, DS has woken after 1.5 hours!! I have no idea what's going on, the growth spurt theory is out the window at this point....and it happened suddenly for us too, one night he was fine, the next it all went pear shaped.

As for the wraps, I think they get to a certain age and nothing will keep them in unfortunately. Our wraps are HUGE, 1.5m x 1.5m so not much smaller than a cot sheet, and he still gets out of them. The nurse at sleep school yesterday said at this stage wrapping is more a sleep signal than to keep them contained, but I'm not really buying that theory just quietly...
    Last edited by Willow; February 5th, 2008 at 12:27 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast