Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #18

LOL thats True Trish it is long enough but YKWIM

i think we all need a group hug at the moment
    Ty had red cheeks thismorning too and is forever sticking his fingers, fists in his mouth, dunno fi its early signs of teething or just exploring....

I really wouldn't want another day in the week, it is long enough as it is lol!
    I'm with you Trish!- same thing here, L just screams when I put him down for a sleep and he doesn't normally do that. He usually self settles really well, it's just the resettling. Forget resettling today, I've just put him down for his third sleep (only because he's had such short ones so far) and again, he wouldn't go to sleep without me staying with him and patting him.

It's just killing me. I just can't see that it's ever going to get to the ponit where I just put him in his cot, walk away and come back to get him up after a decent sleep. Don't even talk to me about nights, if it were one or the other, OK, but both?!

Looks like I'm not the only one having a rough time though

I'm so glad I joined this thread, you girls are fantastic! Let's hope we can all hang in there and that it gets better really soon.

I better go and make something to eat, haven't had anything to eat or drink all day and it's nearly 2pm. And I've had hardly any time with DD today which always makes me feel so guilty.

Lets just be honest......

LIFE SUX!!!!

But I'm sure it will get better. Hang in there everyone

Agree with you there Julia! Am sooooooooooooooooo tired!

becky Guest

Ditto to everyone who said anything about now being a rough time - relationship wise. Terri you said it well. I have never loved DH so much and really couldnt think of doing it without him, but he *****s me up the wall at the moment too. (Probably just cause he's sick - dunno). But yeah, you really dont get much time to just be a couple hey? My parents have been great but I always feel like I shouldnt ask them to hae the kids because 2 is so much harder than 1 and I feel like its not their problem.
    I agree, it does get better. And Rebecca and Viv. Dont feel alone, cause I think we all go through that "would-I-really-get-20-years-for-knocking-off-DH" phase.

It really does get better! And by the time your bubs are 2 (Like Liam), there is nothing better in this world than when they run up to you and throw their chubby little arms around you with a big wet sloppy kiss. Its magic! Look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel. It is all worth it!

Dunno why, my babies have been angels today, Im just feeeling really teary and emotional today. Really have no idea why (are we still allowed to blame the hormones?) Just feel like crying for nothing. Should take a look at my own advice hey?

I hope you are all ok! Will be back later. X

Here here Julia! Second the group hug, Nickers

What pings me off is that I have to tell DH to do the simple things like put the rubbish bins out - you'd think after 7 years at the same address he'd remember when bin night was! He also rarely puts dishes in the dishwasher and never tucks his chair in when he leaves the table! But he is fantastic with L and does a lot of stuff around the house so really shouldn't complain. Actually he does most of the cleaning, always has (I don't do it to his standards LOL). Tho his idea of dusting is with a vacuum cleaner.

Terri - thanks for the lovely comments about L. He has grown so much in the last month its amazing. He is now 5.6kg. M is such a cutie too. He has a very grown up face already. Can just tell he is going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up! L is such a sticky beak too when we are out. He generally doesn't crack it so are prepared to take him out.

L is still snuffly but in all seems to be ok. His am sleep was shorter than normal. Tried for a while to resettle him, but that didn't work. Sometimes I find its not worth fighting him and best just to start again like he has woken from a 3 hour sleep. Does disrupt everything else I'd had planned.

Kim - are you about??? Hope you and the girls are well. Let us know what you're up to when you have time.

Anyway, housework calls (yes, I do do some).

what is it with the male skill of clearing plates from the table to put them ABOVE the dishwasher?? what, the last few cms were gonna kill ya? sheesh.

*notes that she's probably got PMS*

it's nice to know that most of us are galloping up carp drive without a saddle.

little boy is asleep. he is so, so cute... luckily.

hugs to everyone who is having a rough day, it seems there is a few of us at the moment!

Sometimes when I'm having a bad time, I just watch Tahlia for a while and then realise how lucky I am, and that my problems could be so much worse, cause thank god she is healthy

I just watch Tahlia for a while and then realise how lucky I am, and that my problems could be so much worse, cause thank god she is healthy
    Me too Kellie - I remember how heartbroken I was when we lost our second baby and when I thought I'd never have another one and here he is - not perfect but sooooooo beautiful!! That's why I can't ever really sit here and say my life sucks, cause it doesn't suck now, but it sure did back then!

That's when the guilt kicks in though....I love packing my bags for a good guilt trip I do!!

Well back from the osteo. Not holding my breath for any small miracles, which is a bit depressing actually. She was pretty honest though and said that if we don't see an improvement after a few treatments, then there's no point wasting our time or money. Some babies see a huge improvement, others don't.

**ETA: When we were leaving she said 'some babies sleep through a feed after treatment. if he does, don't wake him up, let him sleep'. Yeah, he slept for 40 mins and woke up screaming....what a joke. Why do I get the sinking feeling I've just wasted $70 we really couldn't afford???
    Last edited by Willow; February 11th, 2008 at 04:39 PM.

My sister her had ultrasound today & she's having a little boy, She was so worried something would be wrong but he's perfect
    She's due 24th of June 9 days after my b'day

Willow hope you see some improvement

LizzysMum Guest

Very quick post - sorry to hear the DH woes. We have them a bit here but it does improve. A baby in the house is hard for them too and besides don't forget their brain just does not work like ours. They hinestky cannot thnk of something unless it is literally in their face. Forget mult tasking - for men it does not happen.

Viv - I sooooo hear you about the dishwasher thing WTF, just put the bleeding thing in there mate!!! This is related to not putting the new toilet roll on and putting margarine containers back in the fridge that are empty oh and shoving things in the bin until it is literally spilling out. They have no idea.....

Te he!

All this DH stuff is cracking me up....they all do the same thing...dishes next to the dishwasher, spilling out bins, wet towels left on the bed or just in a heap somewhere, not putting things away, then complaining after I have tidied that he can't find anything....MEN!!!

Tell ya what...I think I have better conversations with Max, and his is only babble!!!!

Evening all,

Man, I FINALLY have both boys in bed! DH is still on his way home from work, he worked really late tonight so I have had no help. I have had a TERRIBLE day. Not only has K only been sleeping an hour at a time, but he has been screaming when I try to feed him and just generally being unhappy. I rang the maternal child health line and the nurse diagnosed him with reflux . It all makes sense when you piece it all together and it will explain the volatile reaction to the onion I had the other day. I am still taking him to the chiro tomorrow because they have a lot of success treating reflux babies. I will also go to the GP to get a prescription for Zantac and I have to buy thickener to give him with each feed. I feel so sorry for the poor boy. I have suffered with reflux all my life because I have a hiatus hernia so I know the pain he is in . The upside is that at least I know what the problem is now and we can start treating it.

Anyway, sorry for the selfish post, but I am just so tired and rundown that I can't think about much else! I hope everyone has a good night with their bubs.

Hey Trish, I'm sorry to hear that K has reflux but at least you have an answer and it's something that you can improve. That's gotta be a good thing! I hope you get a good night's sleep, it sounds like you need it.

Us on the other hand...terrible doesn't even begin to describe the day I've had. The osteo has done nothing. He hasn't slept for longer than an hour all day and he just woke up, 2.5 hours after I put him to bed. What am I supposed to do with a baby that doesn't sleep for longer than 2.5 hours at a time?? I just don't understand why things keep getting worse when I am trying so hard. It's so disheartening. I really don't know what else I can do and the thought of things continuing the way they are...well I just won't cope with it. I need much more sleep than I'm getting.

I guess the only thing left to do is book him in for a residential stay at the sleep school, but I really don't even see how that's going to help. I'm going in on Thursday so will talk to them about it then.

I'm so devastated that things have gotten to this point. I really wanted to just enjoy my beautiful boy and to be happy after everything that came before this.

Anyway, sorry girls, no point sitting at the computer crying and bringing everyone down. I guess I'll go to bed and get as much sleep as he'll let me.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day...

Trish sorry to hear about K, really hope the zantac & chiro help him.

Willow sorry your having such a rough time, i can only imagine how hard it must be.
    I really hope you find something that helps you both

Girls don't be sorry for posting anything selfish, we are all to support each other
    Last edited by Khaleesi; February 11th, 2008 at 09:09 PM.

Just popping in to wish everyone a good nights sleep! *hugs to all and relaxing vibes to all the wee folk*

Oh Willow- I am sad to hear you so down. Is there anyone that can mind DD and DS for even a few hours so you can get some sleep? What about your DH? I don't think there is any one answer but perhaps the residential stay will at least help to rule out possible causes and develop strategies. I know my words don't mean much, but it will get better - it has to. Don't worry about us, thats what we are here for. Heaven knows I've vented to you all more than once.
    Trish - sorry to hear K has reflux. Is it normal to come on so suddenly? If it came on suddenly can it go just as quickly?

Hugs to everyone

LizzysMum Guest

Willow - hang in there. The sleep place may have some answers for you, its worth it to try anything if you are suffering so terribly. Bub may be in a non sleep cycle and is soooooo overtired that sleep is hard for him to find too. I am not an advocate of controlled crying or anything but hopefully the sleep school has some strategies other than letting him cry that can help. Also keep in mind it may get worse before it gets better. You may spend a couple of hideous nights resettling and resettling but then he will "get it".
    All the best from us for Thursday.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast