Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #2

Sorry to hear abt your healing Celtic - hope those antibiotics do the trick for you.

Re: Infacol - My GP said that Maddison was so close to being one month (26 days old) it was safe for her to have. Plus she doesn't have a full dose which is 0.2ml, I just put in four drops from the eyedropper does not even equate to half the dose plus I'm only using it every third bottle.

Ursula- lol no worries I just saw it in the store and went "yes my dreams have been answered" then saw it said from 1 month onwards and went "damit" lol

General question-can u mix EBM with FF? (By this I mean mix up the formula and pour in boobyjuice). For those expressing how many mls do you get a feed?

Celtic i FF and give EBM 2 feeds out the 5 Jasmine has. Each express session i get about 60-100 mls....i dont do it every 3-4 hours...but when i think of it...lol. Its nto a great deal of milk...but as i said.. enuf for a couple of feeds a day.

I dont express to increase milk supply..but just so i can give Jas breast milk for the first few weeks of her life..then probably go full time FF.

I been attempting to EBM but can't get more than 15mls out of both boobs every 3 or more hours. I haven't been lettin him on the boob because he 1. bites and hurts and 2. the antibiotics say not to breastfeed while on them. Daddy is annoyed because we agreed to FF because of all the probs I was having and the stress and arguements etc but I still feel the need to keep trying to at least EBM to get my supply back up to try and be able to EBM at least 2-3 feeds a day...

well each time i express i can anything from 100-300mls from both breasts, but i think im a bit of a cow and have way too much supply for my monster, my body doesnt know how much to produce because he wont feed from me so its just been producing maximum amount.
    Im taking advantage of it while i can and freezing a tonne of the stuff.
    Tyron is drinking 100-120mls of EBM per feed.
    He hasnt had any formula but i know with Nix at some stage i mixed FF and EBM i think its ok.
    Its a good thing to keep expressing while you cannot bf to keep your supply up. if you think its dropping off there are some different things u can take/try to increase your supply.
    Fenugreek tablets are pretty good.

Amelia Guest

Okay I have a question bout BF......I always start a feed on the left side and Rhys feeds for about 30-40 minutes on that boob and then we do the nappy change have some tummy time and move onto the next boob for the same amount of time but I feel like that my right boob isn't producing the same amount of milk as my left, Is this normal?? Should I alternate what side I start the feed on, eg. one feed on the left and the next on the right??

Re: Infacol - I am using a all natural one I found at the chemist called Infants Friend and it can be used from birth. I only have been using it since Sunday but it has been doing miracles. I have never heard a newborn burp so loud!!

Finally made it!

Our little one, Lachlan William James arrived on Saturday 27th. He weighed 3000gr, was 50.5cm and had a HC of 35cm. Very compact, but always knew that I would have a smaller baby. He arrived 7 days after his EDD and just beat being induced! More details of the birth are in the late Oct thread.

So far he has been the perfect baby. We are feeding pretty well and I think have good attachment. A few nights now he has slept 5 hours straight 'tho expect he will prove me wrong at some stage. Still learning what his cries mean, does he want food, a nappy change, a dummy (yes - we succumbed), or just cuddles?

DH has been fantastic and is doing a lot including staying up with him one night so that I could sleep. Mum has been here the last couple of days helping out. She goes home tomorrow

Look forward to getting to know you all and your bubs more over the coming months.

S

Hi ladies, just a quickie....

Amelia- i was advised to alternate which side i started on.

Congrats on your little man Saffi.

Sleep = at night we started with the bassinet in the bedroom, then moved it to just outside our door in the hallway, and then for about a week now it has been in her bedroom. So at night she is sleeping in her bedroom and IF I can get her to go down during the day she sleeps there too, otherwise it's in the sling or on my chest while I watch TV... I moved her into her bedroom because I found I wasn't getting much sleep either because I would wake every little noise she made - finding it heaps better now she is in her bedroom, which is just directly across the hall from us and she wakes me when it's feeding time no worries !

Ange - hope you enjoyed your jammy day ! We love those here in our household!

MCN users qu = do you use liners?
    And do you dry pale or soak? If you soak, in what?

When I was BF I too was told to alternate the side I started on each feed.

Viv; Theo sleeps in his own room, has done from the day we came home- just the same as my big boy Will. I sleep much better when they aren't with me, and they seem to as well. Theo probably has 1 or 2 sleeps a day in the pram or car seat, or sling, that's just life for second babies.We are out and about with pre-school etc.

Amelia, all the information I have about breastfeeding (ABA, books etc) says to start on the side you finished on- so if you feed on the right hand side, do tummy time, then feed on the left, for the next feed, you would start on the left, and tummy time, then finish on the right.

Saffi, congratulations on LAchlan's safe arrival...

2.50am - just got Kaylee to sleep... she has been unsettled since her 10pm feed!! Waiting to make sure she is def asleep and settled B4 I got to bed. Esp as I have been in bed and DH has been the one up with her until 1.45am when I got up.

Tomorrow (technically today) = I'm going to get a different forumula to try, plus investigate some colic solutions, and maybe even oral thrush?!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!!

Hi everyone, thought I'd drop in and introduce myself to those who don't know me and say 'hi' to those that do! My little man Kieran was born on Wednesday night (31st October) weighing a big 4020g. He was 5 days late and born a day after his brother's 3rd birthday (a close call!). He is gorgeous and feeding really well. My milk came in last night (about 48 hours after birth) so I'm feeling a bit 'full', but I'm glad I seem to be working!

I look forward to getting to know everyone and their bubs, congratulations to everyone here!

Trish

Amelia Guest

Thanks everyone. Seeing GP this morning anyways cause my C-sec scar is weaping, which isn't good.

CatherineL Guest

Viv, I agree with the others, As if you'd be a bad mummy for putting James in his own room! All round it would probably make your family happier with you getting a bit more quality sleep!

Amelia, like the other's have said you have to alternate breasts.

Celtic, If your antibiotics say not to breastfeed whilst on them, it also means you can't give Ryan EBM... probably because the antibiotics are passing through your milk.

Trish - YAY for your little man Kieran! Congratulations and well done! X

I expressed for 24hrs and got 160mls out every 3 hours... Ro will drink 120-130mls each feed. BUT now I am on antibiotics for mastitis I have noticed my breasts don't seem to be as full? Has anyone else been on anti's for mastitis and effected their supply? It only really started yesterday evening, so hopefully it was just a one off!

Spent my first night alone last night... Daniel went back to work yesterday. I survived! She was a good girl, except for some supply issues during the night. Danny won't be home until the end of next week - but his Mum is coming on Monday to stay until Danny gets back.

BTW - I know I haven't posted in here for awhile - been so busy - but last time I said I was worried about trooping out? That day my middy suggested mum and Danny take me out that day and sit and have a coffee and have a look around etc. and have a bit of a trial run and if Ro cries, get the breast out! So we did, they made me lift the pram in and out of the 4wd and set it up and put Ro in and out of the car... soon as we made it to the shopping centre Ro cried for boob and so i plonked my butt in one of those lounges in the middle of the shopping centre and covered myself up with a muslim wrap and put Rochelle on the boobie... once we were all settled - we just continued what we were doing while she was on the breast. I was very proud and found that most people would look at me and smile... like they knew a little secret? Since then we have been out a couple of times! Even just Ro and I yesterday!

I was just thinking (randomly) when you have a c/s, how is the placenta birthed? Through the incision?

Sorry if my post is a bit self absorbed! But I have to go because Ro and I are about to jump in the bath. I'll be back later. Hope everyones well and cuddles to all!

with bf - i alternate sides each feed, unless he only did a charity feed the last time. he's such a big drainer that it would be relatively pointless to start on the side i finished on.

ruined my top out in public yesterday. noice look that milky front. luckily it was a patterned top so it could blend a little. *shame*

how long does it take for the engorgement thing to settle down?

catherine... we must have been posting at the same time. with a c/s they take everything out through the incision. there's a lot of rummaging and fishing around, and then suction. of course i wasn't allowed to watch it but that is pretty much the deal. i still get the pleasure of lochia though... sigh. when is that **** going to end!!

i had to flop a boob in the dr's waiting room the other day. quite weird doing that for the first time but in the end, the boy has as much right to eat as anyone else and i don't mind. i've also fed him in the car a couple of times. muslin wraps come in handy, huh? not that i really care who sees my tatas these days... all my dignity was left at the hospital with the catheter and giant pads.

also: today's question - how is everyone's husbands and partners going? dh has been a pillar of strength for me thus far but finally just had a massive meltdown this morning. he actually let it all out, how traumatic and horrible he found the birth, how he feels bad that i have this huge scar (i don't care about that scar at all) and that it's his fault, how no one cares about the dads and that he misses me... and that he never wants to go through this again.

i was happy that he could finally admit that it was a horrible birth experience and that it's ok to feel traumatised watching the person you love go through that, knowing you can do nothing to help. i just wondered how everyone else's SOs were holding up through it all?? is there a way to find a dad's group? i would like him to be able to talk to other dads who are going through the same thing, in that blokey way.
    Last edited by ninja_turtle; November 3rd, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

CatherineL-yes I'm EBM and washing it down the sink, just trying to get my supply back up if I can for when I'm off the antibiotics. My MCHN said to feed him anyway because the antibiotics "won't hurt him" but I said I wasn't comfortable with it but they wouldn't let me hire a pump just as my milk started to come back so went and bought a little hand one. Was just wondering if after I was off the antibiotics if I still wasn't making much if I could EBM and put it in with the formula instead of giving him the dregs of my minute boobie supply and then a FF.

Congrats on your outing out :-) I've taken Ryan out a few times luckily by the time I drag my sorry little hiney out of bed and have a shower and get changed Ryan wants food before we go out so sleeps pretty much the whole time and I can't walk around for more than two hours without pain so we're back home intime for another bottle and bum change. It was daunting the first time I was expecting him to scream and everyone to look and think "what a awful mum can't keep her kid under control" but nope not at all.

How is the mastitis feeling? Are your boobs feeling a little less sore? How's feeding going now?

Anyone else still have any brownish bleeding from birth? Mines still going supposedly you can have it for upto 6 weeks after birth?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast