Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #22

Evening all....

Not much happening here. Had a pretty good day. Last night was pretty average - another bub here rocking and rolling all around his cot and hasn't quite worked out how to make himself comfortable and fall back to sleep once he's on his tummy up the other end of the cot. Went through this with DD too but later on cause L is rolling earlier. He's even started doing the 'superman'! YIKES! For first timers, this is a thing they do (well some of them do anyway) where they lay on their tummies and lift their arms and legs up off the floor, it's part of the crawling bizzo...I'm nowhere near ready for this boy to crawl so he better slow down!! His sister was off and away at around 6.5 months so can't expect him to stay contained too much longer I guess!

DD had preschool today so we dropped her off and then came home and both had a 2 hour nap - bliss!

Julia - Only you can decide whether to keep going with formula or to stick with BF for the long haul so not going to say too much about that but just wanted to mention that pretty much all my friends who have transitioned over to FF have had some issues with wind/constipation/tummy aches initially. It generally just passes as bubs gets used to it but some of them have had to try a few different types to find the right one for their bub so it might take a bit of trial and error?

Alz - croupe is nasty, nasty stuff. I know you will be already watching him like a hawk, and I'm sure the Dr has told you all this, but watch him very carefully at night, croupe flairs up at night and can get scary. We had to rush DD to the hospital last year because we heard her making funny noises on the monitor (so much for everyone who laughed at me for still using one!) and when I went in to check on her she was gasping for breath - scary stuff. Is he doing a cough that sounds like 'barking'? This is usually the give away with croupe. I hope he improves and doesn't end up in hospital cause it's not nice for little ones. They ended up giving DD two doses of prednisone (steriod) which worked a treat. She was 2.5 though, not sure if they'd use steroids on a baby so young? Anyway, I hope the little one is better soon

Kellie - good luck at sleep school tomorrow! I hope you get something out of it. It really just gave me the confidence and support I was lacking, we were doing all the right things but I guess I just needed to hear that and needed a little extra help. With her doing 3 hours sleeps still you can't be doing too much wrong!!

Trish - you poor buggers! I hope you're all feeling better soon

Hope all bubs that aren't well start feeling better and all the tired mummies get some rest tonight.
    Last edited by Willow; March 13th, 2008 at 07:20 PM.

Willow - believe me, this 3 hour sleep was a once off! and I had to feed her to sleep to actually get her to go to sleep!

Saffi- glad u had fun @ the tupp party! cant go wrong with the shape-o, Nixon has one, and i still remember playing with one. Both Claire & I sell tupperware so could talk about it till the cows come home! i did a few deliveries this arvo actually. Tyron was such a good boy & talked and slept the whole time.
    Oh happy 5mmonths Harry!!
    Happy 5months to my boy for tomorrow. i weighed him today on my scales, porka was 8.6kg...... thats 1kg in one month, far out this kid is gonna be as big as Nixon soon!

willow- thats great you got some sleep today!!

ok must go, FOOTY SHOW IS BACK!!

Morning everyone!

Poor Kieran has a cough now . It sucks that we are getting sick because Joel has started kinder and is bringing bugs home, but I suppose that's just life. We had another ordinary night, but not as bad as some others.

I rang the child health line about K's rash under his mouth and the nurse didn't think it is an allergy to rice cereal, she thinks it might be because of the saliva trapped under his dummy. He has a dummy at bed time, so I put him down this morning without it and he has been asleep for nearly an hour and a half so he obviously doesn't need it. I think I will try get rid of it for good. She also said he may be becoming dependant on it for his o'night wake ups so it is best to not use it anymore. I'm willing to give anything a go!

Nic - Happy 5 months to Tyron! Wow that has gone fast!! We have a Shape-O ball too. I love Tupperware! The Tupperware can opener is the best thing in the world! I love how we can reuse the tin lids for our dog food.

Willow
    - Sounds like you may have another early crawler on your hands! K just kicks his legs heaps when he is on his tummy and keeps his hands clasped together. He loves tummy time now and it is so cute to watch!

Anyway, better go, I can hear K stirring...

Morning everyone,
    We had a much better night last night. Ethan seems to be getting better.

Thanks Willow - yes we are watching him very carefully. He doesn't have a dreadful cough which is why I was suprised when the doc said he had croupe. He is just really rattly. The doc gave him some medicine at the surgery yesterday which is I think the same as what you described. It was a miracle drug as he was much better within a couple of hours. He is using the nebuliser 4 times a day which is also helping but he hates it. Keeps trying to pull the mask off and he is so strong.

Fairly good afternoon yesterday. Ethan slept for 3 hours and only woke once which is unheard of for him and slept most of the night only waking 3 times. Hopefully he will have lots of sleep again today and will be even better tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

shape-o ball! so that's what it's called! i was talking about this to dh about a month ago because i vividly remember loving mine when i was a tack. I'm so getting one.

in other news, found mr cheeney fast asleep facing the whole other way in his cot this morning. usually he'll wake up and tell me but this time he just moved around and went back to sleep. funny.

he crawled in a shuffle kind of way backwards yesterday. he can only go forwards if he holds my finger and pulls himself forward. hehe.

so I put him down this morning without it and he has been asleep for nearly an hour and a half so he obviously doesn't need it. I think I will try get rid of it for good
    Trish - again our boys are in cahoots! Same thing happened here. If he's having a rough day or he won't settle I will give him his dummy but he's never had it overnight (never needed it, he settles so well at night) and most day sleeps he doesn't have it either now. I'll be very happy if we get rid of it now, it can be such a pain later on! I think WE become reliant on it before they do and get scared they won't settle without it!

BTW - der! Can't believe I didn't think of dummy rash! It's pretty common once they start slobbering!

Did the Ergos come in?? Dying to know what you think of them.

Not much happening here. Another pretty good night, fed and settled easily. Still rockin' and rollin' around his cot, he'll get the hang of it eventually. We went shopping for a little while this morning after dropping DD off at preschool, he was really good, had a little sleep in his pram but was happy the whole time. Called into the Bonds Factory Outlet but they only had stuff for little girls, hardly any boy stuff. Brought him home and fed him, he's been asleep for nearly 2 hours.

**ETA: Nic, there was a Tupperware lady down at the Plaza today and I thought of you straight away! Didn't have time to stop and have a look but thinking of having a party. How far do you travel?
    Last edited by Willow; March 14th, 2008 at 01:31 PM.

willow glad you had a good night.
    i would love to do a party for you! not too far for me, ive got a party at coledale this weekend which is prob further. if you want to pm me your number we'll have a chat sometime about what u can get..
    which shops were you at? our distributor has just been at Sylvania and Blacktown shops the last 2 weeks. Next week we have the Easter show for 3 days, think im going to be there Thursday morning for a few hrs

just put more pics on FB of playgroup thismorning, we had some baby chicks to pat, made some easter baskets and had a visit from the easter bunny!!

Wow to all those babies that are movbile in their cots!! my little one is still wrapped and now both arms are back in! Now I just have her little cough to deal with. Spoke to the Doc today and he said that more than likely it was just the stuff from her nose running down the back of her throat and irritating her. so I am not too concerned. Had the humidifier on again last night - only last 10 hours so will turn it on before I put her to bed and then turn it off once she is in there and then turn it back on before I go to bed.
    DH is home tomorrow!!! YAY! Oh and we have to vote
    Nickers-I dont think I have you on facebook! I am Rebecca Campbell on there - am sure there are lots - dont know what else to tell you to add me! I have a pic of my baby girl hanging over my shoulder!
    Anyway - work has been hectic and they have asked me to come in tomorrow to help with stocktake...ummmm how exactly is having me and my baby - who doesnt like to not be the centre of attention - going to help?!? Oh well - can put it towards the hours that I missed while C was sick.
    anyway - had better head off and pick up the little one. I wonder how her eye si today after being at daycare again?

Evening all

About to start packing for our week away. I can't believe that someone so small needs twice the amount of stuff that DH and I need put together. Guess I just want to prepare for all eventualities.

Puppies have gone to ILs for the week so they get a holiday too. When we get back our house should hopefully be painted. So it is all happening around here.

Feel absolutely shattered today. Got to bed at 1.30am, up at 2.30am to settle L, up again at 3.45am to do a feed and then finally up for the day at 6.30! Been out and about all day so didn't get a nap in. I really need this holiday.

DH is taking the laptop with us so I will probably check in while I am away. But if I don't take care and have a good week.

Have a great holiday Saffi, you deserve it!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi all,

Took the girls to the beach today. Had Amara in the Scootababy carrier and had a golf umbrella over us while Eliza had a ball playing in the sand. It was exhausting but fun. Thought about getting a sunshade but Amara wants to be with me anyway so can't see the point as she will be mobile soon enough! Just another thing I would have to carry.....

Have been having our house painted this week (outside) so it has been a pain, smells, open doors, gates, saws, paint tins and glue guns lying around in the yard all good fun for an inquisitive 3 year old NOT!!!!

Glad it is finished.

Amara now loves playing with ther toys. Her fave is a rubber teether and she also likes the Steiner wooden teether I bought her.

Nothing else to report.

Good morning all,
    Hope you have all had a great night.
    I suppose ours wasn't too bad. I got up every 2 hours to Ethan who is still not quite himself. The funny thing was that he fed at 5.30 and went back to sleep until 8 played for an hour and then went back to sleep. Anyway I am not complaining at least I have some peace and quiet.

DH is away for the weekend so I am all alone

Am going out soon to see if civilsation still exists. Been house bound for days.

Have a great day

am thrilled to note that my supply is through the roof. i'm even engorged again for the first time in months.

he hasn't even been hungry for ricey paste either. he had 6 feeds yesterday, which is a nice change from 9-11. i suspect my supply or quality was utter carp. looks like all this eating is working.

That's awesome Viv, I'm so glad things are going well again for you. It is such hard work when they want to feed all the time.

Alz
    - I hope Ethan gets better soon. You poor thing being alone for the weekend.

Leah - A day at the beach sounds nice, but hard work LOL! I don't know if I'd contemplate that by myself just yet.

Poor K has a nasty cough and he couldn't sleep for his morning nap because he couldn't stop coughing. Think we'll have to take him to the dr to get looked over. I feel terrible, I'm dizzy and feeling tired and sick, not much fun when you also have to look after two sick kids . DH has gone out for a little while, but I told him to hurry back so he can drive us to the dr, I feel too dizzy to drive. Things can only get better from here though!

trish - sounds like hard work round your way, if you all feel carp.

great news re your supply viv! but yes be carefull now not to get mastitis if supply is up but less frequent feeding.
    Trish- did u all get up to the doc? is so horrible to be sick and have to look after kids let alone look after sick kids when sick urself.....hope u all pick up soon.

i had a scrapbooking day today, as usual didnt get much done. Tyron is at 1month and Nixon 15months so i have fallen way behind! my sis and i had arranged a plan that 1 day a week i'll mind her 2 for a few hours and next week swap. in that time its all about doing photos! no washing , ironing, surfing the net just catching up on what we both love doing but never get enough time to do!

dh has now gone put, about to put the both of them to bed and hoping to knock off a few pages!

Talking it's been ages!

Hello!

Rmember me?

Sorry I left rather abruptly, my last post was early november!

CONGRATULATIONS everyone!

Love Amy & Fin

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast