Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #22

Hi all

Been so busy!

Max & I started swimming lessons today....well him not me Was good. He cried when I dunked him but I think that was to be expected. Highly recommend it if you want them to have a good day nap!!

Took him to CHN today. He weighs 8.190kg! Nice one. After all the boob fussing and me thinking he wasn't getting enough...Well...he was. My supply is up (like many of you) back to leaking and engorging! Max has had 3 nights of sleeping through again so lets hope he's over that 5 month hurdle thingy! Nurse also noticed he is teething so that will also explain his fussiness, and was doing extra poops! Still not going to feed solids till 6 months....clearly doesn't need it!

SPORT - I'm dying to get back to kickboxing. Saw a glimpse of biggest loser the other night and saw them boxing....I wanted to jump through the TV and get into it. sigh!

Viv - you are right, there are preggo's and babies popping all over the place!

Trish - Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Ange - Selfish? NO! I am thinking the same as you....it takes some convincing to not feel bad, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to feel SANE!

Happy 5 months to little Miss C - It is FLYING isn't it!!!

Better go. Wanna go and sit with DH and veg on the couch. He is going away O/S next week so need to make the most of human contact!

Take care everyone

Hi all still around, waiting for the keys which don't seem to be coming lol.
    Hoping to hear from the lady today, she even wont our phone calls *sigh*

Julia-Glad Max enjoyed his lessons, I want to start Maddi but will wait to after we move if we ever move.

Good morning all

Trish - have you had another go with the ergo yet? Hope K is feeling better

Rebecca - glad to hear that Caitlyn is over her conjunctivitis. How long are you off to Townsville for?

Ange - I know exactly what you mean about wanting a day off... I have the same thoughts all the time, but I just keep reminding myself not long to go now till 6 months! I plan to keep on feeding after that (I think), but if she needs an occasional bottle of formula I'll be giving it to her.

Saffi - glad your having a good time in Port Douglas. You are making me very jealous!

Julia - I've also been thinking about taking Tahlia to swimming lessons, but might wait till after winter and do something like gymbaroo instead in the mean time.

Does anyone go to gymbaroo?

Hi everyone!

Had a lovely time on our hols - Mateo was great although it really threw his night sleeping, but he is back on track now and only wakes between 3 and 4 am for a feed and goes straight back which is quite good. Although I must confess I can't wait till he sleeps all the way through - am just getting so tired - is anyone else feeling like this?

Julia - Max is a great wight - well done! Swimming lessons is heaps of fun - can't wait to start lessons again after hols.

Well have to cut this short as M is cracking it in his swing - his eczema has flared up again and I think it's giving him a bit of discomfort. Also have to take him for his vaccinations today - I hate them!!!!!!

Viv - Did you used to do pilates with Meg Cooper at Mad dance? It just hit me yesterday that I think I remember you coming in one day with your bridal mag to show Meg - I used to do ballet, pilates and funk there - am looking forward to starting back up again although think I will have to wait until M is off the boobies as most classes are at bed time.

Be back later.
    Terri. xoxo

Hello everyone! Rys cough has gone from being a little cough to a full on honk woke up 4 times during the night and wouldnt go to sleep till nearly midnight last night and I somehow stuffed my shoulder, it doesn't hurt to pick things up just if I breath too deep I get stabbing pains in my shoulder and had pains shooting down my arm, mum thinks I've pinched a nerve.

Got ry a dr appointment at a doc here before we go back home because he can barely breath.. it just hit him overnight I'm hoping its nothing too bad. He was fine at my parents, just at my grandparents got really bad. I'm stressed and peevy at the moment.. the whole time I was there they were dictating everything to do with babies to me and took him flinging arms as not wanting the bottle and pouring half the bleeping thing down the sink (when he will eat a whole bottle+extra if you let him)! Then if he whinged in the slightest they would go in and pick him out of bed then bring him to me screaming because he was so exhausted and shaking from being heaved out of bed unexpectedly... WHAT DO THEY EXPECT?

Then had to push him around the shops with both of us barely being able to breath, and he was crying from being overtired, so they could look at baby stores then called me "grumpy mum" the whole time I was there because I said we were there in my car, we were both in pain, and we were leaving with or without them in the car... then I was grumpy mum for getting angry at them not feeding ry properly so I did it in pain and told them to get out because they kept trying to grab him off me saying "look hes pushing the bottle he doesnt want it" if he didn't want it he wouldnt keep sucking and grabbing it back off you if you take it out...

Then saying how bad his colic is because they kept letting him suck air and got annoyed at me shouting at them to hold the bottle up or give him back NOW and kept taking the bottle out mid-suck so he'd dribble it out everywhere and get a shock at having it pulled out so he could cough which meant he didn't want anymore. Then got annoyed that I accused them all of starving him and again I was "grumpy mum"...

So stressful trip, Ry is on the floor squealing and playing he already seems better I don't know if it was an allergy to something in the air I don't know, take him to the dr anyway..

Anyways I'll stop being selfish and whinging and go get him ready for the dr,

Loves to all, happy 5 months to all the bubbies that had monthday celebrations! Still seems like only had him the other week but at the same time feels like I've never been without him
    Last edited by LadyRaven; March 18th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.

Afternoon everyone!

K and I both woke up more unwell today . I thought I was getting better! I have a sore throat and runny nose again and K's cough is sounding worse. Hopefully we are on the tail end of it all. Joel had his last kinder before holidays, gee the term went fast! It was a short term I suppose. I spent the time he was in kinder this morning having a nap, so nice! I snuck another nap in while both boys were asleep before, I feel like a nanna having all these sleeps!

K is managing to move around when he is on his tummy, he works himself around in a circular way until he is comes back to where he started. He is trying to roll from his back to his tummy, but can't quite do it yet and he gets really frustrated. Gone are the days where he HATED being on his tummy thank goodness!

Celtic - Your family sounds very frustrating! Sorry you had such a stressful time away. A mum ALWAYS knows what's best!

Star - Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time away. Yes, I'm tired all the time and I can't wait for K to sleep all the way through as well!

Kellie - DH put K in the Ergo when he got home and he was much happier in it! I think he was just feeling grumpy and sick yesterday. I will give it another go when this weather cools down. Bring on the cool change!!!

Mo - How frustrating that you are still waiting on the keys! Where you meant to get them today? I hope all is settled now.

Julia - Wow on Max's weight! Well done to you!!! How gorgeous taking him to swimming lessons. I've always been paranoid about the germs at out local pools and never enrolled Joel. We have seen yucky things floating in there!

Saffi - Glad you're having a great time in Port D, I'm so jealous! It is one of my most favourite places. Where abouts are you staying there?

Alz - I'm glad Ethan is getting better.

Ange - We had a grumpy day yesterday too, maybe there was something in the air. IKWYM about not b'fing anymore. It was very liberating when Joel weaned!

Viv - I hope James is having a better day today. When I was pg with Joel my two best friends were pg too. When I was pg with K my sister, her SIL and our cousin's wife were all due around the same time. It's weird how it all comes in waves! I reckon it is definitely an age thing though.

Willow - Yay for your DH letting you get an Ergo! Go try one on, I'm sure you will love it! I can't imagine K dropping his third nap any time soon. Yesterday he had 4 naps because he only had short 40 minute naps all day!

Rebecca - Happy belated 5 months to Caitlyn!!! I'm glad to hear her eyes have cleared up.

Kim - We haven't heard from you for a while, I hope you and your gorgeous girls are doing well!

Becky - Where are you??? Hope you are OK!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

star - yep, i'm a huge fan of meg and mad. i was doing ballet, funk and occasionally pilates as well. we probably did do a few classes together.

*small world*

meg is on my facebook if you haven't added her already.

Trish hope you & K feel better soon.
    Maddi has been pulling at her ears & crying a lot more. Kinda off her bottles & a bit more chucky.
    Do you think i should take her the doctors or is it more likely to be teething?

As for the keys we are now suppose to be getting them mid next week, after the property inspection.(We were suppose to get them last Friday)
    At least i get another week of the Internet lol.

Mo - Poor Maddi, it sounds like she may be teething, but if you are worried it is worthwhile getting her checked out by your GP in case it's an ear infection or something.

Afternoon all!
    Saffi- glad you are enjoying Port Douglas. I have a friend who lives up there and I visit at every opportunity!!
    trish I think I must have spoken to soon in regards to C's eyes - it looked like it was back again today! I washed them out, put some drops in and sent her on to daycare. Obviously she is getting it from there somewhere - she finally gets free of it, take her to daycrae and it comes back again....or is it jsut me thinking that??? And I hope C gets over her hating being on her tummy soon!!!
    Celtic- Was that your parents doing that or your grandparents??? My god!! Unbelievable!! My parents are frustrating (well mum is!) but my dad makes up fro it! I hate to see what is going to happen when I go to townsvilel to visit.
    Kellie- I am going to Townsville for about a week. While I am there I have my sil wedding and C's baptism.
    Well i got the news today that the compnay I work for wont be renewing the lease on this house that we are living in and that because I am only part time they will no longer give me rent assistance once the lease is up. So now I have 2 decisions to make....do I take over the lease here and do I quit work altogether and see what centreline will give me - if anything or look at going back full time . so am about to go look at the cetrelink website although i think DH earns "too much" to receive any sort of benefit.
    I had better head off and get some housework done before I have invasion of the ****roaches! We got our electricity bill the other day - $976!! Fainted!!!

Geez Rebecca that is one hell of an electric bill....can it be right!!? Oh...and Max doesn't rate being on his tummy for play much either. Probably why he doesn't want to roll over yet...!

Mo - Could be teething. Max is apparently going through it too. Well the CHN says he is, I can't see them myself, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. He is being way more clingy and I guess it also explains more poop, lots of drooling, bad sleep etc etc. Maybe more of us are going through it than we think! Three other babies in my mothers groups are getting teeth too! I suppose if you want peace of mind it's not something else you might want to take her to the doc.

Trish - poor you...just when you thought you were getting better...bummer! Shame about the floaties in your pool. Max and I really enjoyed it (inbetween the crying) and I'm looking forward to more of it. In the meantime I'll take him in our spa for 'practice'.

Geez Celtic that is one hell of a day you had! I would have just yelled at them to GO AWAY!

Terri - Yes tired but not enough to require a nap during the day! I surf the net instead!!

Well best be off to hang the washing....bye for now

Hi all

Just taking advantage of downtime while L is asleep. The hotel has wireless internet and DH brought the laptop so I am still connected to the world and all the chatter LOL.

We are having a good time and the weather has been really good considering it was monsoonal here last week. Tomorrow we are planning on going up to the Kuranda Markets and later in the week out to the reef. Been an interesting experience travelling with an infant. Mum and I are at the hotel atm while DH and Dad are fishing for barramundi. With any luck it will be fish for dinner.

Trish - we are staying at Pool. It is a fairly new complex. We practically have the place to ourselves. Haven't been into the pool yet. Sorry to hear you and K still aren't over your illnesses.
    Terri- welcome back. Glad you had a good break. Feeling tired too. L still isn't sleeping thru. Don't know how I am going to go once I go back to work. DH will be taking of L so he will have to do the overnight shifts.
    Rebecca - dreading our power bill now. We were running the A/C in L's room 24/7there for a while.

Cute scene. Mum and L are playing with a toy (a juice bottle with a nut inside it).

Hope all mummies and bubs are doing well.

Brandy Guest

Exclamation Mothers Group

Hi everyone, hate to use the line but first time user here.
    I had my son in October 07 and i've been going to mothers group but finding it hard to click with the women. Just wondering if any of you have had a similar experience and did you find another group or persist. I'm very tempted to stop but i must admit i enjoy having something to take my son to at least once a week with children his same age and close to home as our friends are half an hour to an hour drive and i would like to do somethings close to home each week .

Hi Brandy - we are a mothers group too. While we don't physically meet up we do chat a lot here. You are welcome to join us for a chat or pose a question any time you like. There are some girls in our group from Sydney and I think they meet in person from time to time. I go to a mothers group in my neighbourhood. We are a large-ish group and are still in the process of getting to know eachother. Maybe persist while you look for another group who you are more comfortable with.

Thanks Trish & Julia she is due for her 6 month needles in 6 days, so I'll wait & see how she is tomorrow & if no better will take her the docs.
    If it just teething she can have her needles & be extra cranky at me lol
    She's not cranky all the time only 70% the other 30% she's all smiles.

Brandy-I never really clicked with my mums group but i think that's because I'm 22 & the were in their 30's, So we didn't have a lot in common.

Rebecca-When Maddi had it she never really got over till she was 4 months old.
    It would clear up & then a few mornings later it would be back again.
    Ouch on the bill.

In other news Maddi pretty much sits up by herself now, she only falls when reaching for something or if she's too busy watching something & forgets she's sitting up lol.

ETA-Ange I would love a meet-up
    Last edited by Khaleesi; March 18th, 2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Forgot Ange.

Hi Brandy

I would persist. Especially if you enjoy taking your boy to something once a week that is close to home.

You are not always going to like everyone you meet so maybe you can get to know people one at a time and get to know them better rather than try and 'fit in' with a group of people. Is your mothers group big? Is it diverse, as in are the mums much older or younger than you?

I love going to my mothers group but there will always be people that I enjoy talking to rather than others. It's good though to compare notes with people going through the same thing as you....AND you always have to remember if people are dishing out their opinions / advice you only have to take it with a pinch of salt.

You can always chat on here too...it's fun! We are all going through the same things as well. We even both have Max's!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi,

Trish - sorry to hear you guys are still unwell healing thoughts coming your way.

Julia - wow swimming! Amara hates cool water, she screamed when I put her foot in at the beach LOL! I haven't even taken Eliza yet. We tried once or twice and honestly the screaming did my head in and she learnt nothing. We will try again next summer.

Rebecca - bugger about the eyes poor love. Does your GP have any advice? OMG on the Elec bill! Was it from the air con? BTW we are still wrapping arms and all in too

Kellie - I used to take Eliza to Gymbaroo. It was OK until she got mobile and then she just wanted to crawl away all the time and cracked the mega tantys when we had o do group stuff so I stopped the agony LOL. I do take Amara to a thing here called Parents As Teachers which is similar but not as structured, she likes seeing the other babies.

Celtic - OMG I would not have lasted the day with your relos! That is just rude, he is your son after all!!!! How did you go at the Drs?

Brandy - Hi and welcome. I did go to a Mothers Group with my first daughter and no I did not gel with many of the Mum's but I did persist as I did like a couple of them and Eliza enjoyed it. This time I did not go to one at all but I do have 2 friends with young babies so maybe that counts?

Mo - WTG Maddi!!! Wow sitting!! Amara does not even roll yet

Happy Anniversaries
    to everyone who has one this month!

Question for today - Can I ask if anyone else's bub is going through a mega waking up at night phase? I thought I had the dream baby and then 5 months comes around and whammo we now wake at 9.30pm, 12mn - 1am, 3-4am and then around 6am. I am absolutely dead tired and a cranky mummy . I called my MCHN and asked about food and she said maybe try it but nutritionally breastmilk is giving her all she needs and that the rice cereal really adds nothing at this stage. I am trying to persist for a few more days and hope its a growth spurt or another "phase" (don't you love that explanation?). Anyone else have this? any advice?

Night,

Morning everyone! Kieran decided it was time to get up at 6:30am this morning, yuck!

Leah - YESSS!!! Kieran has been going through that and is just coming out the other side. He went through a "phase" of waking at 1am, 3am, then feeding around 4am. I was feeling like a zombie everyday! I know what the MCHN told you about solids, but since I have been giving K rice cereal consistantly everyday (only a small amount) he has started only waking at around 4 - 4:30am for his feed and then goes back to sleep. I'm not 100% sure if it is the solids, but it all started happening around the same time and my MCHN told me that solids may help him sleep longer! Annoying how they all give you different advice. He woke frequently for 3 or 4 weeks and has only just started sleeping longer over the last 4 or 5 nights. I REALLY hope you get some better sleep soon, I know exactly how you are feeling!

Mo - I hope Maddi is feeling better today. What a clever girl sitting up!

Brandy - Welcome! Re: mothers groups, I liked mine when I had my first DS and made some great friends, I don't go to one with my second bub, but I find the girls in here great! Could you talk to your MCHN and ask her about other groups?

Saffi - Did you end up with Barrimundi last night? We bought some while we were up there last time, yummmm! Whereabouts is the place you are staying at located? Is it close to the main drag? We've stayed at The Portsea which is a bit further out from the town centre and we've also stayed at a place closer to the shops, but I can't remember the name of it! I'm soooo jealous of you right now!

Julia - It sounds like Max is teething, the poor thing. Have you tried putting SM33 on his gums? I've heard it works much better than Bonjela.

Rebecca - Yikes on the electricity bill!!! Poor Caitlyn, I hope her eye clears up soon.

So cute, I heard laughing and Joel was lying on the floor next to K, he'd put a blanket over them both and K was giggling at him, awww....

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast