Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #22

Thumbs up Good to be back!

Hey Y'all,

It's great to be back . . .occasionally! I finally got my new computer up and running and prioritised a bit of time for ME! Fin is doing well and I'' try posting a picture of him, I can only access my phone photos at the moment, I have some magnificent ones but I can get yet (long boring story)

nup not that easy. Well i have been at my mums since a month before I had fin, and that has been pretty good, but we are both nearing the end of our tether - i think mum expects me to stay untill the end of the year, but I'm getting itchy feet and feel like things might actually be easier living on my own - anyway, that a new thought, and I guess it reality it will take me till the end of the year to make it happen, things go a lot slower these days hey!!!!

Looking forward to catching up on where your all at, it feels like all the pre-birth study I did only took me up to 5 or 6 months. I'm looking for things to keep my boy occupied

Kisses to all the bubs

Amy & Fin

Oh and what is going on with my ticker?????

Hey Amy! Glad you and Fin are well. Re: your ticker - copy the BB code, not the HTML code (it should start with [url])

Hi to everyone else, I will pop in tomorrow to say hello properly!

Hey Trish!!!
    Thanks for that! Gonna try getting a photo on it now. Kisses for the boys!

Yaaaay! He's a little Ginger Meggs too - although a bit more like baldy-locks at the moment! Is there anywhere on BB you can post photos?

Mr awake lives here! So hard to entertain him at the moment!!! I need to know some new games!

Hope everyone had a good easter!

Hey Amy - you can post photos on the Photo Gallery. It should be at the top of the page where the number of posts etc is. Not sure if explained that properly. Sure someone will clarify if got it wrong. Fin is so cute. He is one day younger than my son. He kind of looks like Lochie too.

Felt like carp all day. Woke up with nausea, a fever, the runs (I know TMI). Spent all day on the couch and think am over the worst of it. Lucky DH was home today to take care of L.

Back to routine in the morning. Will get L up soon to give him a feed and tore him out in the hope that he will sleep thru again. Fingers crossed.

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a happy Easter and your skin didn't break out too much after all that chocolate . Hooray for Quick Reply returning!!!

We had a nice weekend. We had lunch at MIL's house on Good Friday and dinner at my mum & stepdad's on Sunday night. We got FAR too much chocolate, I don't know where to put it all! If I wasn't b'feeding I'd know exactly where to store it lol!

K has had some really dodgy nights and a few days of only 40 minute naps. On Friday night/Sat morning I got up to him 6 times and once to Joel, on Sunday night I got up to K 5 times and once to Joel. Blurghh... K woke at 3:30 this morning, I resettled him and he slept until 5:45am which was nice except that he decided he wasn't going to go back to sleep after his feed so I have been up since the crack of dawn. I miss sleep...

Saffi - Sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Amy - Fin is absolutely gorgeous!

Mo - Let us know how Maddi goes at her weigh-in! When are you moving again? I forget what you told me!!

Viv - Did you get to eat any chocolate over the weekend or did you completely avoid it? What's James been doing to you to make you ask the question about wakefullness?!

Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a great day

Happy 6 months to my baby Girl

Maddi's head Circ=43.8, Height=68.5 & Weight 7.7kg

Trish suppose to be hearing from the lady today doubt that very much tho.
    Sorry your still having rough nights, hope things improve soon.

Morning all!
    I have been MIA for the past few days cause it has been really nice to be able to spend full days with DH again. He is here for this week again and then off to townsville for another week. then he is back for 2 days and then I go to townsville!! Yay!!! Can't wait!!
    Viv- I believe you asked about wakeful babies?? For the past 3 nights caitlyn has been going to bed as usual at 6-630 and then waking up as usual at about9 for a dummy and then 11-12 for a feed. And then after that I am lucky if she sleeps for an hour at a time. Last night from 11pm she slept for a total of maybe 3 hours. Which of course means I slept for a total of 3 hours - if I am lucky. Pretty much 50 min sleeps at a time and then awake for another hour or so. I don;t think she is sick and it doesnt look like she is teething or anyting. Guess it might just be a growth spurt (touch wood)
    Lizzymum- the no-wrapping was a non-event. she woke up after half an hour each time I got her to settle - I guess she just isnt ready for no wrarp.
    i hear you about the MIL being 800 km away too. Mine is as well, unfortunately so are my parents. And my brother and sister. They havent seen Caitlyn since she was 1 month old so when I go there in 14 days (yes I am counting!) they are going to get a shock.
    Saffi-glad you enjoyed your break away! I also have issues with my MIL giving C stuff that I don't want her to have - thats why she has a dummy. MIL gave it to her after we left Caitlyn with her for an hour - she couldnt stand the crying. and whats worse....when we came back she was sitting in her lounge room nursing Caitlyn and SMOKING!!! Oh the stories I could tell you about my mIL!! My fav so far is the HUGE fight she had with DH that had all 3 of us in tears and then she came to talk to me and asked if she could bathe caitlyn. I said ok of course wanting to make things a little better. Little did I know that she had consumed 3 BOTTLES (yes bottles!) of wine in the space of about 4 hours! Grrrrr
    Anyway - I guess I had better go and get my tired, grumpy butt ready to go to work! Have just posted a new pic of Caitlyn to my gallery!! Pumpkin and the cow!!
    Have a great day everyone!! MWAH

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

Glad to see Easter was good for most of us. Very low key here.

Trish - sorry to hear you have had some carp nights. Same here, Sunday night Amara woke 3 times and Eliza decided to come in at 4am!! I swear they plan it!

Rebecca - bummer about the no wrapping not happening I am using a light weight sleeping bag on cool nights as A kicks and kicks until she has the sheet off and the wrap is just on her torso and arms. I had a size 0 from Eliza and Miss Amara Gigantus is too long for it!!! Grrrr!

Nothing much else to report, have been sewing madly trying to get my Bamboo Kidz nappies ready for release in the next week or so. Hope they go well. And am trying to knit Amara a poncho LOL!

Have a great day!

the reason i ask is because mr 'lined gums' has been waking me up about 5 times between 11pm and 6am. i'm sure it's the teeth because i can see where they're going to pop through soon. he's relatively easy to console once i'm up, but i could do without the extra wake ups.

I hear ya Viv! I am nearly 100% sure that K is waking because of teething. He won't stop gnawing on his hands and he looks like he is sucking his tongue which I think is him running his tongue along his gums. He is drooling heaps more and his cheeks get blotchy and red. He is also a crank a lot of the time. Here's to some teeth popping through!

Leah - Sorry to hear your having some wakeful nights too! I forget what a full night's sleep is.

Rebecca - Glad you've had some quality time with your DH. Love C's ticker photo!

Viv-I hear ya on the "can do without the extra wake ups!" I am dying here at work - am on my 4th cup of coffee for the day. I just hope no one comes in wanting insurance today cause I will probably give them a bum steer! My head is just not screwed on properly. I wish I knew what it looked like when they are expecting teeth - maybe I could put it down to that and know that it will be over soon.
    I also think she may have been bored over the weekend and just didnt have a need to sleep cause she just didnt have enough to do IYKWIM.
    Anyway - just had some more work handed to me - best go do it!
    mwah

Hi everyone,
    Glad to hear that most of you had a good easter. Ours was crazy. Ethan was so out of sorts while we were away. Spent a lot of time screaming as he got overtired and would not sleep. We discovered in the car that we can't take him for a long trip as he only goes about 40 min in the car before he starts screaming. He had a paddy on the way home yesterday. Cried for 15 min so we stopped and calmed him down. As soon as we got back in the car he did it again. We left him and tried to ignore him by turning up the music really loud. After 10 minutes of solid screaming he stopped. Just like that!

Having a good day today !!!!!

Talk to you all soon

Well - work went away - was less than what I was expecting. I did just edit my post but it disappeared and of course I cant remember what I said!!
    Leah-I wish I could not wrap C! I am trying to find new ways to wrap her to see if something works better than what I am doing but there arent many options out there! I tried the angel wrap and it works ok when she is dead to the world but when she is up at 3 am for the 5th time I dont have the patience to hold her arms still to do it. I am trying something called the origami wrap tonight - looks a little cruel but if it works then it is going to be happening all the time. She no longer has her feet wrapped in cause I think that was helping her to get out of the wrap. Each time I went in last ngiht she was still wrapped just crying!
    Trish-I really do hope C is teething! I dont know what to look for. But like your little man she is drooling HEAPS and anything she can get in her mouth she is chewing on. She is even biting down on her spoon now. But the lady at daycare says she still has the ridge (whatever that means!).
    Am glad you like the new photo! I have a great one of her in my gallery now - covered in pumpkin! and another one where she is near my friends pet cow. She was terrified of it - it mooed just as we were coming close to it.
    Anyway - not much to say really - am bored here at work as per usual and could really REALLY do with a little nap. The only exciting news of the day is that I think we might be getting some rain!! woohoo!

not sure whats wrong with me at the moment.
    everything is just blah.... i cant get up to getting things done, its a weird feeling.
    havent been doing house work, the house is always messy but things need cleaning and i just dont feel at all organised.
    i have broken appliances etc that need fixing, ph calls whatever and just dont seem to be getting around to doing it.
    i dont even really know how to explain it, i think ive lost my motivation mojo!
    felt like it for a few weeks, maybe its what i am eating, or what i am not eating??

taking tyron to the docs this arvo. he has had these weird spots since Friday that havent gone away. started on his torso now they are all over.
    they dont look like chicken pox or anything really but he just looks like a spot monster..... he's been a bit grizzly but then i think more teeth are on the way.

sorry for my bizzare post, it didnt really come out the way i wanted it to, that just seems to be the problem at the moment!

Nickers-I know what you are saying about the getting organised thing.....I can't pull myself together enough to ring the electricity company to come around and tell me why my electricity bill was so high!
    I did find that taking Centrum multivitamins really helped my concentration and motivation. I was taking other MV's but they didnt make me feel this way. I am not pushing them or anything.....maybe give them a try??

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast