Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #25

Morning everyone!

Had another great night with K, hooray for sleeping through! He slept from 7:30pm until 6am, his best night yet . He's now on 3 meals a day and scoffing it down. The only problem now is that his poos (sorry for TMI!) are harder and it really hurts him to pass them. He was really upset about it last night, I remember Joel was the same. I'll have to look at ways to soften things for him.

Amber - Sorry to hear you and Myles have colds . It's not fun is it? I hope you get better soon . Hopefully you have fun at the baby shower regardless, just try not to get too close to your friend!

Saffi - Happy 6 months to Lachlan!!! Good luck with trying solids, let us know how it goes!

Mo - Love the new ticker pic of Maddi! What IS she wearing???

Leah - Welcome back! Glad you had a nice time away. WTG Amara on cutting two teeth!

Celtic - Hope you have a great time in Coffs Harbour, I've been there a couple of times, it's so nice. Bummer about getting your gall bladder removed . Love the new photo of Ryan btw!

Hope you all have a great day

Trish-It's a beanie we brought from a craft expo
    Yay for K sleeping through

Leah-Yay for Amara sleeping through 2 nights.

Saffi-Happy 6 months to L.

Amber bummer about the cold, hope you both get over it quickly.

Hehe yep he's definately a boofy boy he's never been mistaken for a girl since the day he was born :P

Amber- Hope you both feel better soon they linger for so long seems like you just get over one when another hits! Very cute picture of Myles Almost 7 months!

Mo-Love her hat that's so adorable!

Saffi-Let us know how the photos go you'll have to put some up for us to see Happy 6 months to the little man!

Trish- thank you your pictures of K are always gorgeous he's such a smiley man! Yes is a bummer about the gallbladder but if it needs to come out then may as well get it done I had two months of hell it was hurting day and night but now it's settled so fingers crossed it stays settled till it comes out. Coffs is lovely we are staying at a place in Palm Beach I think it's called, it's a 2minute walk to the RSL, 5 minute walk to the beach and a 15minute walk to the shops. My Poppy worked for a company his entire life so he is entitled to get the units really cheap he, my nan and my mum are coming. DP's boss won't give him the time off because two ppl have just taken time off for wives that are about to pop, congrats to them but grrr missing Rys first family holiday, popping is more important but I was looking forward to a week with NO COMPUTERS & my DP back!

Trish- i give Lu two fork mashed prunes with some natural yoghurt every day or so, keeps things moving IYKWIM!

Great idea Ange! Where do you get your prunes from? I assume they're not dried ones because you can mash them. How is your eye going now? Hopefully it is almost back to normal

They are in the dried fruit section, there is an Aussie brand with no addatives, just prunes. They are soft enough to mash with a fork. Eye getting better, just a bit scabby! noice.
    Will check out the brand i get and let you know.......

Ok, so despite me wanting to wait till after everyone left (got family and friends coming this week for L's christening and my 30th) I am going to give this boy some food tonight. The night feeds are starting to kill me! I know it's not going to make an instant difference (although one can hope) but I think the sooner I get some food into this boy, the sooner we might actually get some decent sleep at night. He just WILL NOT sleep through a feed. He's fed at 10pm and 1.30am every night since birth pretty much. If I'm lucky he'll go to 2am some nights. I am sooooo tired!! We've tried resettling but it just doesn't work. He won't sleep until he's fed. I don't even mind doing the 1.30am feed if we can drop the 10pm because at least I can go to bed earlier and get some sleep before he wakes, which I can't do at the moment.

So...on the menu tonight - mashed potato with some EBM mixed in...yummmmm!!

Saffi - how did you guys go with solids today?

**ETA: How rude!! Forgot to say...

Happy 7 months Maddi

Happy 6 months Lachlan
    Last edited by Willow; April 27th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.

hey all

my sister warned me off banana because it made her babies' poos impacted. she said you work out pretty quickly which foods are blocking up the place.

trish - maybe one of k's foods is to blame?

jj is still not all that inerested in solids. he gave a cursory gumming to my toast out at breakfast yesterday (and had poo issues today as a result). otherwise he's managing through most of the night with a resettle.

willow - james wouldn't have being resettled without boob for a while, until he started waking more often than 3-hourly with the teeth business. he learnt that he could go back to sleep without it so i've taken out any overnight feed and replaced with dummy. there's a short burst of waaah but he's fine pretty quickly because he's not really very awake. good luck! i know how you feel when they just want it. think of it as a 'need' and you may be able to cope a bit better.

i know the books say they don't 'need' it at 6 months - but the books can't make one rule for every baby. it will change. i promise. (i never thought boof round here would release his claw grip on night feeds).

Viv - I must admit most of the time I don't try too hard to resettle him, it's just easier to feed him! I always worry that too much carry on will wake DD up and then we'll be in all sorts. DH and I were just talking about it and we're going to give him a few weeks on solids to see how he goes and then we're going to have to make a real effort with getting him to sleep through.

Also - I think he's trying to tell me in a not so subtle fashion that he's ready to drop a day sleep. For the last week he will not sleep in the late afternoon. Happy to be in his cot and talk and roll around but no sleeping. Any one else down to 2 day sleeps yet? (I remember Saffi saying L was I think...) if so, what times are their naps usually? We are up at about 7.30am usually (has an early feed at about 5.30am then back to sleep) and goes to bed at night at 6pm. Not sure how 2 naps would fit in and where to put them!!

Hi everyone,
    Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Just skimmed the last few posts and will catch up later only got a little bit of time.

Well it sounds like some of the bubs are sleeping well. Yay!!!! We are still working on it. Ethan had a bad cold for a couple of weeks and slept from 10 till 6.30 a few nights because of the humidifyer (not sure if that is how you spell it). Now he is better he is back to his old self of waking. Well enough is enough. He just wants to play and be picked up so no more. Last night we left him to cry and went in every 5 minutes, put in the dummy gave him his comfort toy and left again. An hour later he settled himself. I think it will work but it will be harder during the week as hubby can't get up to help me. Last night we took it in turns which was great. Day sleeps are going really well.

E is stressed out by solids. He will only eat jar food which is expensive and frustrating. He loves yoghurt but yesterday screamed when dinner came (carrot). He saw the orange stuff and cried a lot. DH calmed him down and managed to get him to taste a mouthful and then he ate 3 tablespoons. I think he thought it was my cooking. Not really sure how to get him to eat a larger variety and from my cooking. Any advice?

Well that is our news. Hope you are all having a great day and get lots of sleep tonight.

Intro to solids was a bit of a disappointment. He didn't automatically hate it but he didn't love it either. Anyway will persist for the next few days or so. I think most of it oozed out of his mouth. Hopefully some of it got in there.

Vent time - MIL came around today and we told her about L's intro to food. Anyway a teether that L was gumming fell into MIL's plate at lunchtime. She picks it up and gives it to him with all the meat juices, salt (she piles it on), and salad dressing covering it. DH tells her off. Then (wait for this), she cuts off a piece of her steak and offers it too him. DH and I both told her to stop at the same time. Then there was a "discussion" between DH and MIL. In the end DH told MIL that she is to respect our parenting decisions. In future at lunchtime L will be sitting between DH and I.

Willow - I'm with you on the night sleeps. L goes down at around 6 - 6.30pm and then I do a dreamfeed at about 10pm. He may wake up at around 2 for a dummy check, and then 4. I will give him a feed then because I figure its been 5 or so hours since his last feed so he must be hungry. I too don't really fight him on it, not that he really screams or anything, just grizzles. I think I will wait until we have solids down and like you then tackle the sleep issue.

Day sleeps - yes we are down to 2 sleeps most days. He is usually up sometime between 6.30 and 7. He goes for a nap at around 9am and sleeps anywhere between 1 - 2 hours. He then goes down again at around 2pm and goes through for another couple of hours if I am really lucky. He manages a cycle of about 2 hours when we are at home.

Viv - do you have the name of that curry brand that brought on your labour? My bestie is 7 days overdue and think she needs a move along.
    Trish - WTG K on the great sleeps!
    Mo- are those fires anywhere near you? I thought they were near Pakenham? Is that where you are?
    Ange - glad to hear that you are getting better.
    Alz - how funny about E getting a complex about your cooking. Its not that bad is it? LOL
    Amber - sorry to hear you're not well. Good that DH is home tho to help you out.

Anyway, going to upload a photo of L eating solids. He doesn't have red hair (eventhough it looks like he does). Not that I would mind.

LizzysMum Guest

Hiya,

Saffi thanks for the advice on the mesh thingy
    Happy 6 months to Lachlan!!

Amber - hope you feel better soon, cold bite the big one!

I was right, last night A woke at 12 mn, and 4 and then decided to play. Bummer because at 1am I woke because I felt sick and spent 3 hours downstairs throwing up. Must have been a dodgy sausage at my nephews birthday yesterday I feel like carpola. Trying not to throw up while you are breastfeeding is a shocker.

A has been whinging her little booties off all ay, hope she is not getting sick too. I put her down and she starts ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and she refused all foods today so I have no idea what is going on.

BTW how is this for carp - I had our 6 month MCHN visit booked in and the morning of the appointment they call at 8am and say sorry someone is away and the appointment is cancelled. No offer of another time so A has not had her 6 month check - should I get it done - is it vital? I am so pi$$ed at them I really can't be ar$ed to chase it. I don't see why I should have to ring and then wait another 4 weeks to get in GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening,

Saffi i haven't heard of any fires around here, if there are any at least all the rain will help put them out.
    Saffi why must parents do that, my Mum & MIL have done that & it annoys me so much.

Leah M is doing the exact same thing today, but i can see her 2nd tooth coming through, hoping it cuts through very soon.

Willow- We are just adjusting to 2 day sleeps around here. 9-11am-ish and 3-5pm-ish. bed at 7-7.30pm.

Viv- impressed with the no night feed. that will be us again soon *wishful thinking*

Leah- You poor love- gotta watch those mystery bags at bbqs!

Saffi- MIL's eh? Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em. At least your DH stood up to
    her.

Alz- Maybe it's the consistency of the jar food that he likes..... *thinking outloud* The other thing that might help is mixing rice cereal with a veg to make it more bland....
    The other night u wasn't really into a meat dish i made, so i mixed yoghurt with it. Sounds gross i know but she ate it all!

Don't know what was going on last night, but the guni was awake about 7 times. i was OVER it. was going to give her away, changed my mind this morn though, she can stay........................for now.

Has discovered her voice and spent the last 3 days squeling and has now lost her voice. got a husky 1800 voice.

Tucker time- Fish, zucchini, broc, and pumpkin for mains, yoghurt and prunes to follow.
    mmmmmmmm

saffi - this is gonna sound dumb but that curry is either passage to india or passage from india. it is a curry coloured sachet in about 4 varieties. coles and woolies should have it, as does my local IGA. comes with a caesar warning....

LM - none of the checks are particularly vital if you have a healthy baby. i can say i've been to the nurse about 5 times his whole life. for the first 6 weeks my hossie midd came over but after that i just went when i felt like it.

if A is rocking on, gaining weight and seems to be hitting milestones, there's no stress. i will probably do the 6 month one at the GP when i get around to it. JJ is a champ at the mo so i no complain.

gotta go watch the SYTYCD final. eep. (it's rhys or jack, mark my words)

go jack!

Well the boy had mashed taters for dinner and he definitely dug it!! Didn't scoff it like I thought he would but watching him you'd think he'd been eating his whole life! So much so that it was a bit of a non event I didn't give him too much and he didn't ask for more. All in all a pretty good first attempt. Have made up huge batches of potato, pumpkin and sweet potato and frozen them. Will get us through next week when I'll be too busy to cook stuff for him every day and then I can add it to other stuff later on.

I've done this before but you really wouldn't think so...had to ring my bestie to ask her how long do I stick to one meal before introducing another, do I need to sterilise everything, how much should I give him first attempt etc etc. We had our first babies together (she had twins) but her second (also twins - EEEP!) are 6 months older so she's done it more recently than me!

Sleep has been total carp today!! He is forming a pattern the last few days of morning nap 2hrs+, about an hour after lunch and then me no sleepy in the afternoon! Grrrr. Not sure what to do about it, so doing nothing at this stage. He's had a lot on this week, started crawling, had a cold etc etc so will wait till after all the relos leave and see how he is then.

Go Rhys!!

Willow - go L! Maybe I should try mashed potato. I am going to give him a few days or so of farex and if he still doesn't dig in then will try potato. Can't blame him really. The dog didn't mind it tho.
    Big week for L crawling and solids.
    Holy moly, 2 sets of twins!!!!!
    Ange - meat and yoghurt's not so strange. The best curries have yoghurt as a base.
    L's doing the squealing too.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast