Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #25

Just mopped the floor on hands and knees, must be delirious.

Viv- Forgotten........does J have teeth? Lu did the 90 min thing right before teeth popped through.

Saffi- i would think you'd be fine to give him some more SP tonight. If he doesn't want it he wont eat it.

Heading up the Grampians for the food and wine festival and maybe a bit of hiking this weekend. Staying in a rental house with friends. They have a 6 month old, so crying will be ok.

Ugh...sorry you had a bad night Viv. I have my fingers crossed that a fang pops out very soon. Try and get some nanna naps in today!

Saffi - Yay for L loving sweet potato! I don't see why you shouldn't give him some more tonight. K has been sleeping better since he's been on solids.

Mo - Glad Maddi is back to her usual self!

Willow - Hope you had a good night last night!

Ange - Have a great time in the Grampians! The food and wine festival sounds awesome. We stayed there pre-babies and went winery hopping and hiking. It was so nice.

I am feeling SHOCKING today, I have really bad sinus, blocked then running nose, headache, etc. K had a good night though, down at 8pm, fed at 6am then slept until 8am, nice! He did 2 x 2 hour naps yesterday, absolutely unheard of usually, not sure what was going on! Hope he keeps it up today.

Happy 6 months to my baby girl!

And Happy 6 months to Kieran and Logan!

Saffi - I'd definitely try some more tonight too.. Tahlia is also having sweet potato at the moment, but I think she likes pumpkin better

Viv - hopefully a tooth will pop through soon, and he will be back to normal

Ange - your weekend away sounds like fun... have a good time!

Trish - hope you feel better soon... way to go Kieran on the good sleeps!

*quivers at the thought of never sleeping again*

ange - no, no teeth yet but i pray...

Viv - I know how you feel, our last 3 nights have been OK, doing blocks of 3.5-4.5 hours but days are shocking!! I just cannot get him to sleep most of the time. Takes aaages to settle him, he hasn't self settled in about 4 days now. It's doing my head in but I don't really know what else I can do. If this keeps up, we're going back to sleep school!

OMG - I didn't even realise it was 6 months! Whoops, noice mum I am!!

For those that are eating - how many days did you wait before increasing the number of meals? About a week?
    Last edited by Willow; May 1st, 2008 at 03:06 PM.

Happy 6 months logan, Kieran and Tahlia!

Wow I cant believe 6 months has gone by for you guys!
    Myles is 7 months today and i am still shocked that it was 7 months ago that i was in labour! Wowee!

Sorry for not popping in as much have had a cold and my brain is fried!

Not much happening here! We are off to the coast for the weekend for a mini break! Cant wait! Dh is organising me a massage and spa treatment(if he doesn't forget) and we are heading to the Sheraton for brekky mmmmm buffet!

Anyway better go will hopefully get back soon!

XX

LizzysMum Guest

HI All,

Willow - I think my MCHN said about 3 - 4 week before they would eat 3 meals a day. Amara has been eating since 10/4 and she is still only having 2 solids a day.

My question for those eating - Did your bub suddenly start scoffing food? A has been vert tentative and then tonight she scoffed about 1.5 tsp of rice cereal, apple and yogurt which made up about 4 Tbsp or so. She has never even eaten anywhere near that before.

I finally got her weighed today. 7.97kg, 69.5cm long. She almost weighs as much as Eliza did at 12 months.

Oh BIG news - we have a word!!!! Mum!!! WOOT!!!!! So now she says it all the time LOL, mum mum, mum mum or muma. Too cute!! At first I thought it was just a sound but she knows, and she looks at me when she says it ahhhhh......she is precious.

Eliza said her first word at 5.5 months so it seems I have early talkers. Imagine what this place will be ;like when they are 12 and 15 eeeekkkk!!!!

Happy 7 months to Myles!

Leah - how cute that A is saying 'mum'

Happy 6 months to Tahlia & 7 months to Myles for yesterday.
    I knew i was forgetting someone/s.

Whoops, I forgot to say yesterday, happy 6 months to Kieran, Tahlia & Logan and happy 7 months to Myles! I did think of you all, I swear!

Leah - Wow at Amara saying Mum! Kieran says it, but I don't think it's deliberate, I think it is just a noise he makes because he has been saying it for a long time. Girls always learn to talk quickly!

Amber - Ooh, your weekend away sounds soooo nice! I hope you have a wonderful time, you deserve it!

Willow - How did L go last night? Hope he naps better for you today! I waited a week or so to increase K's meals. We went up to 3 meals a day, but we have gone back to 2 meals because he was getting too backed up. He seems happy with breakfast and dinner.

Viv - Has a tooth popped through yet? I hope you had a better night last night.

Have a great day everyone!

congrats to the grown-up 7-monthers!

no fangs yet. at least he did a couple of 3-hour sleeps last night. phew. still wakes up with that very sad little cry. i wish there was something i could do.

LM - ah, cuteness... mum mum mum... i dream of that day.

i just get huh huh huh... ha ha ha... he likes the 'h' sound.

Hi Eveyone,
    Lizzy - I just increased Ethan's feeds as he showed that he wanted more. When he was scoffing heaps and was still hungry I introduced another meal. He has been on 3 meals for about 3 weeks now and is scoffing about 4 tbsp at each feed. I think he will take more but I don't think he needs it.

Leah - how exciting about Amara's first word. Ethan is still babbling but he does say mamamama (much to dh's disgust) and hewow. I am not suprised as people are always saying hello to him. It is still babbling but it is so cute.

Well we are back to loving solids again. I figured it out. He loves anything jarred or tinned. I have started sneaking in some of my own cooking and will increase it until he stops eating jarred food. It is so expensive but at least he is eating. scoffed 4 tbsp of porridge this morning and then drank his bottle. What a mr piggy. Had our 6 mth check at the clinic this week and we are doing great. Ethan is 8.4kg undressed and 70cm long. We are now moving into 0 clothes. He is just getting too big. Sleeping well in the day but is a bit hit and miss at night. Slept through from 7pm to 6 am this morning with a dream feed at 10pm. Thank goodness as I needed some missed sleep.

Hope you are all doing well and coping in the colder weather.
    Smiles and hugs all round.

Afternoon all

Just come back from L's 6 month check up and vax. He is now a whopping 8.36kg which puts him around the 60th percentile. He is getting too heavy to carry, but I am such a weakling. Vax went ok, little cry but not too bad. At least it is over now for another 6 months.

L has a bit of a snuffle atm. As a result we had a carp night. As of Monday night DH takes over the night shift so I won't be getting up to him, but I bet I'll still wake up.

Amber - happy 7 months to Myles.
    Leah - wow, how special that she said mum first. My MIL keeps saying "nan nan nan" to L. I hope that isn't his first word.
    Willow - I gave L 2 meals yesterday, mostly as I was testing to see if an evening meal would help him sleep better. It didn't, so not sure if I'll go back to one a day and build up over the week.
    Julia - my bestie had her baby boy this morning (12 days late) and she named him Max.
    Alz - its amazing how bubs can be the same size but completely different shapes. L is only slightly smaller and is only just moving out of 000 to 00. Glad I didn't buy too much in 000.

becky Guest

Hey all!
    Chels is saying Da-da-da-da all the time now. Over and over. She is starting with bub-bub but not as often, its maily just Dad. Liams first word was Da-da too. Then na-na and then 'clock'. LOL. Dunno where that one came from but it was so cute, and he definately knew what a clock was too!

I had Chelsea's immunisations yestaerday too. She was so brave, just a little cry!

Saffi - Chels weighs 7.91kg. Wow, I cant believe L has over taken her! Although I havent seen him for a few months! Thats great! Glad your going well on the solids now too!

Amber - have a fantastic time on your weekend away. Enjoy your massage!

Hi to everyone else! Talk soon!

Took booftastic into be weighed and measured today...

He's a substantial 9.71kg in clothes and about 72, though the little pad measuring thingy is about that long, so I don't think it was precises, with all his wiggling.

He's crying for me so I'd better go.

BBL

Wow Viv, how's your back coping?! What a big boy that J is, you must have the good stuff .

just noticed all the typos in that last post. that's what a crying baby does!

trish - the breastmilk round here must be fairly solid to make a fellow this big. all this eating like a horse is paying off. yeah, my back (and whole body is ouchie most of the time).

he's crying again. bah. refusing to settle this afternoon. wooh. lucky me.

Happy 6 months logan, Kieran and Tahlia
    Happy 7 months to Myles!

i cannot beleive my boofa has passed J in the weight department!
    Had him weighed a few days back and he cracked the 10kg mark exactly! also is 75cm long, maybe i have a basketballer on my hands!
    Nixon at 2yrs is 13kg and 90cm.
    we now have 4 teeth here, 2 top and 2 bottom.

wow to the early talkers! and yayyyy on the first word being mum!!

Nixon came out with bub first followed by dad and then finally mum, but he was 9-10months old before that started.

I just started Tyron on 2 solids a day now. I read in my baby love book (how sad i had a baby 18months earlier and already forgotten) and a suggestion was to increase the 2nd about 2 weeks on and the 3rd around a further 2 weeks. I decided to because he started dropping a feed, wanted more than the 3rd but not quiet 4.
    so now he is having 3 200-250ml bottles and 2solid feeds of about 2Tablespoons each.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast