Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #4

Star - we also have a regular unsettled time.. usually between about 8.30 and 11.30... DH is the only one that can really settle her... I think the smell of my milk makes her more frustrated.. Mateos behaviour during his unsettled time sounds exactly the same as Tahlias

Last night she finally settled at around 11.30, then slept till 3.30 and woke for a feed, and then slept till 7.30. Then fell asleep again after her 7.30 feed... she is due to wake up any minute!

For the Vic girls - I'd also be interested in a catch up

jj is being incredibly difficult this week. only wants to sleep on me during the day. sleeps fine at night. not so practical for me...

my beautiful little boy is an angel. its brag time sorry ladies
    for the last week his night sleeps have started between 9.30 and 10.30pm and have lasted from the 1st night 4 hrs, 5 hrs, 6 hrs, 6 hrs 10hrs, 7 hrs, and last night 8 hrs, what a little champion, i just make sure he has a big feed when i put him down but i just couldnt ask for anything more. he is so lovely and there is new pics on my facebook at this address for anyone who wants a looksy
    Facebook | Incompatible Browser

about the logan meetup, i just cant wait, it will be so nice to see all of you guys!!

We just had 2 week (at 3 weeks...lol) CHN check up. Feel even worse now. Jasmine has something wrong with one of her hips....its getting rechecked next week...and if not good news she will be checked at 6 weeks, again if not good then she has to go for ultrasounds. On top of that she has only gained 120grams in a week and nurse is bit concerned about that *falied mum again*. I have to increase her milk to 125-135ml now. MUST be woke every 4 hours at the max to be fed even thru the night, so have to set an alarm.

Jas is now 4kg, 54cm. I thought her weight gain was great but nurse thinks otherwise.

Im starting to doubt myself as a mum and this whole BF thing...so i guess ill be joinging the full time FF real soon. Gee...if i cant get my kid to gain weight with EBM and formula then i am better off just FF. Least i know she is then getting the food and i dont have to worry bout wat my body is doing wrong for her growth.

Last ngiht Jas fed at 9pm..went to sleep at 11pm and never woke til 7am. I guess thats the last of long sleeps now i have to wake

Saffi when i was using manual pump i couldnt get anything out!!!

if it's any consolation kim, i'm starting to get really jack of bf. we didn't have any problems or supply issues with feeding, i just get nothing from it and i'm starting to get really frustrated with it.

some mums get this euphoria and happy joy joys, i don't feel anything about it. he asks, i feed. it is a trapped feeling. there are definitely benefits to FF as well, so don't sweat it.

today i'm tempted to switch over to FF myself.

rallybbek Guest

Hi girls,
    I am using a manual pump to express. I make sure that i can relax enough and look at toby and imagine i am feeding him and away the milk flows. Hot face washers can help and massage the breast while expressing as well. Even a photo of bub can help,, as weird as all htat sounds. Make sure that you eat and drink enough during the day and have a rest when you can. I breastfed both the girls as much as I could and hopefully will with Toby.
    Hope you all hae a 'productive' day,
    Love Bec

becky Guest

Hey Kim

We have the exact same problem here. In hospital, we were told Chels has clicky hips (apparantly it is quite common). We had to take her for an ultra sound on them last Wednesday (she was an angel for it!). Was supposed to get the results from my Dr yesterday, but the xrays got sent to the wrong place, so have to wait until next Wednesday! Grrrr! Was not happy, I have been worrying all week, now I have to worry for a whole nother week too!!
    She did say while we were getting the ultra sound, that her left leg is fine, but her right leg, definately is not completely in the socket. Just have to find out from my Dr how serioous that is, and what we can do to help it! My friends little boy had it at birth too, and he had to wear a hip brace for 12 weeks! I am hoping and praying that it is not that bad!!!! Hoping it is just a matter of keeping an eye on it! **Fingers Crossed**. Find out next Wednesday anyway!

Oh good luck Becky....When i seen the nurse looking over her right hip over and over again...i could see somethign was wrong by looking at her face. She kept saying Jasmines creases were different (on her legs) but they lined up. I guess just have to wait and see.

Friend i went to school with was a breech bub and she was in braces for months and months too when she was born. But all fine now

ETA: Just remembered you asking the cost of the formula Mo from the chemist... it was $19.99 so no cheaper then wat ur paying. I did get Chelsea's Gold toddler Gold milk for $14.95 though!! The normal Karicare from birth (not Gold) was $14.95 too
    Last edited by visitor1; November 15th, 2007 at 11:41 AM.

becky Guest

Thanks Kim - I really hope everything is ok with Jas too!Im just so annoyed cause I thought I would have some answers yesterday, but now have to wait another week! Grrrr!

So sorry to read that some of you gals are feeling low....please don't be too hard on yourselves this mothering business is damn hard. I had a huge meltdown last week but feeling better this week.

Please don't feel bad abt the BF caper I didn't even manage 2 days and the FFing ain't so bad - Maddi and I have great bonding moments when she is feeding...........staring into each other's eyes, she holds my hand and I can see exactly how much she has.....

Kim - hope there is nothing to worry abt with Jas' hip, did she say what her concerns were? You are a fantastic mum too, try not too stress and we are all here for you as well

Mo - our tin lasts abt 2 weeks, Maddi has 5-6 feeds a day and has 120ml each feed.

Catherine - the formula i think you asked abt is called Novalac Sweet Dreams i haven't used it but I'm using Novalac Reflux and it comes with a little brouchure abt their products and it says it promotes a restful sleep but the temperature is the key........not sure what that means.....but so far I like the Reflux one if that helps.

Not sure who asked abt the Sydney meetup, but there is one happening on Monday at Parramatta that Claire has arranged. Hopefully if she comes online soon she could fill you in with more info or perhaps we could arrange another meetup.

So far things are going alright here with the new formula - Maddi has no problem drinking and it does seem to have lessened the amt of spews. We still have 'witching' hour here from around 8pm - 10.30 but once asleep she goes till abt 3.30/4pm - which isn't so bad.

Question Time

Has anyone's babies eyes started to change colour? I think Maddi's are changing from blue to dark brown.

becky Guest

I have another question - Do you think its true what they say, how you forget about labour when you have your bub?
    I think its true, you do forget (except you Ninja...... )
    I mean, of course I remember how painful and everything it was, but you do tend to forget the intensity of it all. I already find myself going, "yeah I could do that again." What do you think?

I said :That was easy...can do that again'....after Chelsea....after Jasmine im like 'Man never again'...LOL....i remember much more this time round

*hugs* kim! - sounds a bit like us in the feeding department, for about a week I was b/feeding, topping up with EBM & formula, yet she still wasn't gaining, plus feeding so often 'cause the poor little chicken was so dam hungry! I was stressing, she was fretting and DH was stressed = entire family in a bad mood Switching to FF 100% wasn't one of the hardest decisions I have ever made, but the best one!! And as Ursula said, we still have wonderful bonding moments and she knows who her mummy is!! I have seen her face light up when she has seen me when a 'stranger' is holding her...

Viv - I always thought I would be a milking machine, but turned out I wasn't and honestly I am enjoying FF. I get bonding time with Kaylee and it's FAB! And she knows her mummy - see comments to Kim above... BUT if I need a break I can get DH or my mum to feed her! And that break is a blessing believe me.

We having 'witching' several hours most evenings - but after that Kaylee is sleeping a lot better and for longer. Last night she slept for 6-hours horray!!
    6-week check this arvo, will let you know how it goes!!

LizzysMum Guest

Kim - I would be happy with 120g...as long as she is happy and making enough wet nappies. Sometimes the MCHN get a bit caught up in the graphs and stats YK? Eliza always only put on 100-200g each fortnight when she was going to the clininc and my MCHN never mentioned anything was wrong. Some bubbas are just smaller YK Hope Jasmine's hip is OK. We would love to see you here in Dec!!

Viv - I am sorry you are feeling down about BF. Not sure what to say, can you speak to your local ABA or your Middy?

Re: Labour memory, you do forget - its natures way of getting us to have more than one LOL!

Amara's unsettled time is also like other bubbas here about 8pm to midnight. LAst night another MASSIVE spew all over me and surrounds. Then a bath, feed and I did manage to get her in bed by about 11.30pm without massive screamings which was a bonus. DH is starting to get jack of not having time in the evenings, he needs to work or just relax......sigh as if I don't???????? This too shall pass, this too shall pass................

Thanks Kim & Ursula, A can last Maddi about 9 days.

Kim your not a failure, you gave b/f your best shot & that's all you could do.
    Hope everything is ok with Jasmine's hip.

Becky i agree, i feel i could do again maybe not the pushing part..
    Good luck with the ultrasound results.

Ursula, i think Maddi's are starting to change, looks like she'll have brown eyes but still have my fingers crossed she'll get my green eyes.

Saffi when i used the manual pump sometimes i got more milk.

Maddi had her 8 week check up today, She's now 4.7kg & 56cms long. The nurse was happy with her progress we don't see her again till 13th of dec.

Would all the Vic girls be interested in meet-up this year or early next year?

Amelia Guest

Those ladies coming to the Brisbane/GC meet up when it happens and your bubs are still in the newborn huggies nappies if you want a cheap box for $30, I have one sitting here!! Rhys is already in the Infant size.

Mo i think early new yr would be good meet up time for us Vic's!!

The end of the yr always gets so hectic

Leah..see what we can arrange for visiting ya!

Kim/Becky- my niece now 4 had clicky hips when she was a bub and like becky's friend wore a cast/splint for a period of time. It was fixed thru this process and 4 years on you wouldn't know she had a problem. The cast was a bit awkward and she looked a bit odd - but it fixed her hip so was worth it in the end. I know it is not something that you need atm, but at least if it does turn out to be a problem it has been picked up now and not months or years down the track. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

Viv - I'm starting to question bf too. I have actually just finished giving him formula in the hope he sleeps more than an hour. He spends so long at my boob, but I think it is mainly comfort sucking and only gets the foremilk which doesn't knock him out like the hind milk. I am also thinking that I will express more often so get the hind milk into him that way. I really want to keep with the bf but won't be too upset if it doesn't take. He only put on 150gr last week and after what Kim has been told am now concerned he is not getting enough! Agree with Lizzy's comments about nurses and stats and graphs!

Kim - keep your chin up. You are doing the best you can which from here is looks pretty impressive, given you are juggling 2 babies. I am barely coping with one!

L only slept an hour last time, so hopefully with the formula I can get more than an hour out of him. Think I will try to get some zzzs myself.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast