Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #6

Im not sure how ive done it Kate. Jasmine has her last feed any where from 10-11pm and then sleeps thru until 7am. Never wakes or stirs thru the night....i guess im lucky...but then who knows when she will change her habits!!

Also received my SS gift today.....we are keeping them wrapped until xmaz day

Claire Guest

Emily is in childcare for a session and Harry is asleep on the sofa! I really want a cup of tea but one of my teeth has gone really sensitive and it hurts to drink hot liquids.

Becky - So sorry to hear about Chelsea. My sister had it too but I can't really remember as I was 3.5 when she was born.

Amber - That's a real pity! Maybe you could give them another chance? Or find out if there's another ABA group within travelling distance?

Nic - Harry's bottom isn't sore now but I used some Lucas' Pawpaw along with Sudocream to clear it up.

Leah - you made me laugh out loud too! Emily seems to increase the volume when she knows that Harry is asleep. In actual fact I saw the smile of satisfaction when she woke him up today, it made me laugh which was good otherwise I could have been quite cross. I've been out a good few times with the two of them now (though I still dread it!!) and it does get easier!

Poos - Harry's have gone from mustard to dark green?? He seems ok in himself though.

Heat rash - Harry has a really bad rash all over his face! Its gone dry too. He seems ok with it but a complete stranger commented on it yesterday and made me feel awful. AND a neighbour told me my daughter was really naughty, which she isn't!! She's a normal healthy 2 year old. Why do people feel the need to label kids like that? Good/bad - what's wrong with clever, creative, boisterous, independent....

I didnt want to say anyhting incase i jinx it but Myles is sleeping through the night now too!Has been since saturday! He usually goes down at about 6:30, wakes for a feed between 12 ansd 2 then sleeps till 5! We havent controlled cried just tried doing the same thing everyday and lots of cuddles! But I think it depends on the bubs, and what there plan is!

Quick Q When Myles feeds somtimes his little nose leaks BM? Any suggestions as too why this happens? He is happy and it doesnt seem to bother him, should I be worried?

Hope your all having a great day! x

sorry claire posted on top of you! I am going to maybe give it another go hopefully this time will be better!

LizzysMum Guest

Thanks Claire I am hoping it gets better. I am sure it is just me getting used to managing 2 of them.

Raspberry to your neighbour for calling your DD naughty! How soon people forget what kids are like! My dad is the same, I am sure he thinks we should be smacking Eliza....I do a light smack on the bum when its something I think is very important, but I always feel bad when I do it. Eliza does not seem to care anyway - but dad says its 'cos I don't smack hard enough....so I replied well if I have to hit her that hard I am not going to do it because I don't think its right. Family always have the answers.......

I hear you on the rash thing. Amara has one on her eyebrows ans some little pimples on her cheeks and still stork marks on her nose and eyelids. I also noticed the rashy thing thats on her eyebrows is a but in her hair, looks like cradle cap. I have started using the Medi Honey for excema, see how it goes.

Boomba - not sure about the BM put the nose, but if he isn't worried I can't see how it would hurt him. Maybe mention it at your next clinic visit? When Amara spews it always comes out her nose too LOL!

CatherineL Guest

Trish - I think we are doing the same thing with the three hourly feeding... We are doing a flexible routine - have been since day 1, but she wakes up three hourly on the dot during the day anyway.

For nappy rash - we use Gaia Soothing Lotion (which is their nappy rash product) and it is really good! Ro's bot isn't even a little red anymore... I did notice it start to get a little red, so I applied some of that Gaia lotion and went away very quickly.. Now I apply it atleast once a day and we haven't had a problem since. I do have sudocream and Amolin nappy rash cream too - but we're only really using the Gaia.

Rochelle's poos have settled down... she only does one freakin huge one a day now - instead of every nappy change. When I say one huge one, it entails a complete change of clothes and bath... it gets all up her front to her tummy and all up her back and leaks out of her nappy- yellow diahrrea, I know that's normal for bubs.

hey ladies,

sorry no personlas, just checking in to say hello and find out how your all doing

ps, so looking forward to tuesday!

CatherineL Guest

Did we decide on a time for Tuesday??

Claire - I can say from meeting your gorgeous little girl that she is not naughty! She was perfectly behaved on Monday.
    I don't know why other people feel the need to say whatever they're thinking... being pregnant and having a bub has really reinforced that to me

Hayley also has really bad heat rash combined with milk spots on her face... poor little thing - only 3 and a bit weeks old and she already has acne issues.... some of them are really big white and pus looking - most things/people say it will just go away on its own but I wonder if I should be washing it more carefully? or perhaps using something like Lucas paw paw cream? Appreciate any advice

Nic - the little monkey backpack/lead thingy that I saw on Monday was very cute - Heathers little boy loved taking monkey for a walk! I think they're a great invention

Boomba - if it doesn't seem to worry him I wouldn't worry yourself, but for your own reassurance maybe just ask the dr/health nurse next time you see them.

Hayley has a little white spot on her nipple, just one but not the other, I'm not too worried by it as it doesn't seem to hurt or bother her, does anyone elses girls have this?

Hey all

Have just woken up from a 2 hour nap. It took ages to put L down for his afternoon nap and while doing so noticed I was dozy too. This is probably only the third or fourth time I have slept during the day in the last month so big deal for me. L still asleep.

Trish - you mentioned a book that use on sleep routines. What is it? I think you're right that its probably just his wakeful period, but geez its annoying. At least by going to bed earlier like I have I get some decent sleep before the night shift starts.

Cath - no I don't think we settled on an exact time except to say mid morning. Probably 10.30/11, but see what everyone else thinks. Also should we nominate and circulate someone's mobile number to contact if something happens (like running late, lost, can't come etc).

Once L wakes up we are going to go for a walk. Haven't been out of the house now in 2 days so if I don't I will go crazy.

Got our medicare card today with L's name on it. Officially recognised that we are a family!

sleeping- i too wake Luella every 3 hrs for a feed in the day, although she mostly wakes on the dot. Am also using a flexible routine. She generally sleeps from 9 or 10pm until either 2-3am for a feed then 7-8am for another feed. Sometimes she skips the 2-3am feed which is just lovely! Love my sleep..... 9 out of 10 times she settles easily in the night, but somtimes it can take an hour if she is really 'burpy'.

Have had no probs with nappy rash yet, must be the nappies leah So can't comment on a good cream.

Kate-Not sure about the white spot on the nipple sorry, could it be a little pimple?

Amber- I agree with everyone else, i would mention it next visit, but prob nothing to worry about.

Peta- You poor love! Crying on your own is never fun. glad you are feeling better.

WTG on the super poo Ro! LMAO. We have classy ladies don't we?!

Hi everyone else! :wave:

I bought some board shorts today cause i sure as eggs aint parading my post baby blubber round the shores! Was thinking i would team them with a large sack on the top half! Or swim after dark.

Better go cook some dinner i guess.

Amelia Guest

No we didn't decide on a time!! Well I have Catherine's number already and she has mine...Well I think she does. Like I said earlier I am happy on whatever time cause I think I am the closest to the Hyperdome and don't have to travel far at all.

LOL Ange, i'm gonna do the same thing

Sent our SS pressie today, hopefully wont take too long to arrive.

Hello!

Now there was something I wanted to respond to... let me see if I can remember! Oh, that's right. Rash on face - Kaylee has it very bad. Apparently very common for bubs to get quite pimply around weeks 6-8, as their sweat poors mature. Is more common when it is hot. CHN said: try and keep bubs cool, wash her face and pimply area with water only, if it is dry put a little bit of moisturiser on it, no oil, umm.. think that is about it. But if it get's worse or doesn't clear up may need to go to the Dr and get special cream for eczema.

Kim - is Beyond Belly your business?? Do you know if the Monkey Doodlez Swim Nappies are any good??

Hi everyone,
    We had our health centre visit today, and Tahlia has put on 425 grams since Monday of last week, so everyone was very happy with her. She has also grown 2cm since birth, so she is doing really well. the nurse said I must have an excellent supply for her to be growing like that, so I was very pleased!

I am very excited for the weekend - we are taking Tahlia to the local shopping centre to see Santa! Even though she doesn't understand, I'm still very excited!

about the nipple thing, i was told at the hospital that the baby might be producing breast mlk(even boys) as they have been stuck with the same hormones as we were. this may have something to do with it????

whatever time is good for me, lachie has his awake time from 9.30 till lunchtime most days so he will be happy anyway.

cath, please pm me your number

after saying yesterday that Tyron doesnt stop pooing he went all ay without doing one!
    Then tonight i went to change him, he started pushing one out so i was just letting him with the nappy underneath but ndone. then he did a huge push and sprayed it everywhere including me yukk!!

Claire- my sister just gave me this cream to try on Ty cause his fae was rally pimply also. i cant think of the dam name now and i gave it back to her. Its a prescription though so u'd need to go to the docs but it clears it up quick smart.

just went and had my eyebrows waxed and eyelashes tinted and tomorrow im getting my hair done (only been 6months since last done!) ive got my school reunion tomorrow night!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast