Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

Catherine- I had to think about what you meant by shake? i was thinking......does she mean instead of wiping? ROFL.
    Yeah i had the shakes pretty bad, and was spewing. Noice! I have heard epidural makes you shake. Also i went from 7cm to 10cm in 15min, then she was hoicked out with salad tongs within the next 5 min, so midwife said my body was in shock, which is also why i would be shaking. Why do you ask?

Alz- i agree with Trish, Doc doesn't always know best. Trust yourself and if you are still concerned about anything you can get a second opinion. Good he's a bit happier today. (Where do you live ALZ- if you are in MElb, come along to our meet up)

Yael- We are meeting up at Ricketts point sometime soon, come along if you can!

Rebecca- woot on a good night. She might not be difficult today ya never know, i have heard people say sleep promotes sleep. Hope the day is good!

I have to agree with leah on the cloth front, it is really easy, easier than i expected. The only thing is the extra washing, but got DH well trained! (Leah- i have a bad cloth nappy addiction, i'm sure i am spending more on MCN than i would with sposies, ROFL, i just cant get enough! She's nearly grown out of her sml Kidz in cloth, they have been awsome, not one leak!)

Nic- Good to hear Jaundice is better. Hope the spray clears up the mucous, poor little tyke. 10pm - 5am, that is awsome, must have been a good breast feed last night. Have fun shopping...

Saffi- Man that sounds like a suckie night. Hope you get a rest in today. Is L having a long sleep at any time in a 24hr period?

Celtic- You are in the wars. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lu had her 8 week check up today. I changed MCH centres, the midwife was SO much better. Checked her over with a fine tooth comb. All going well, she has 'uneven creases' in her legs too, so will get that checked out. I'm sure it is all fine, but made an appointment for her next week. It seems ALOT of babies have uneven creases, i guess it can be sign of hip dysplasia but often it is nothing.

Off to a tapas bar in the city tonight, a friends sister is singing with her band. Am a bit excited, i love Spanish food.

Where is Ricketts Point??

I've just had the morning from hell; started off well (normally we have BIG issues over eating.. its driving me crazy... gosh toddlers are challenging!), then DD was asleep so DS and I had a shower (this way he gets clean, and i get to have a shower also).. But when we got out i was drying him and he weed on the carpet (was an accident, he is soo far from TT, so i wasn't angry, just overwhelmed)..

At this was going on the phone wouldn't stop ringing, DD started crying and hasn't stopped for like the last 3 hours! Tried to sling etc, but she just wants to be held, but i was trying to look after DS, who was getting very cranky (day after creche), fold the laundry etc.

And now DS should be asleep but is playing in his cot, DD has finally fallen asleep feeding, so now she will have a bad feed, and i have to wake her to change her anyway, and i still haven't cleaned the carpet - and i'm only having my morning coffee @ 1.30pm!!!

Thank g-d we are going to a dinner party tonight (although i still need to cook dinner for DS)!

Yesterday we had an ultrasound done on Nechama's spine.. She had a very deep sacral dimple found at birth, and the paed wanted it checked as she couldn't see the bottom and wasn't sure if it went down into the spinal cord. I didn't tell anyone until now.. wanted to know what the results were first! But thank g-d, everything is normal with her spine, and it doesn't look like it will cause any problems. I've been so worried about it though! I probably should have told people what was going on, but i've felt to confused & guilty about it all.

Ok, i'ld better go look after my kids, will be back on later.

Hope you are well

First of all man you girls can talk!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA!!!!

umm Q.....
    How do I feel about Myles, well I love him soo much! He sometimes frustrates me when I know I have to get things done and he just wants attention, but then he smiles or giggles and I forget it all! I could just eat him up!

How do i feel about DH! I never thought that I could love him anymore than I did! But I am just so much more in love with him now! He too frustrates me, especially when he has to sleep all the time for work and we dont get to spend time together but I can still look at him and think I love you a little more each day awww!

Brissy girls I am up for another meet up before chissy if you will have me I dont mind travelling!

What to call their "bits" I think I will be calling it by their proper names cause thats what they are, but also have nicknames for them, but I think its up to you to decide!

umm what else...
    Yael looove your avatar pic! very yummy mummy!!!
    Ange have fun at the tapas bar very jealous!
    Alz Dr can have an opinion, but I would do what YOU feel is right! Its your baby not theirs!good luck!x
    Saffi hope lachlan starts to settle soon, you poor thing only hr sleeps i really feel for you! It can only get better hey!
    Nic great to hear tys jaundice has gone!
    Trish woohoo new car!!!!! What a great chrissy present!
    Celtic sending you lots of healthy get well vibes! You poor thing! Hope you get better soon!x

sorry if i missed anyone have to go Myles is stirring! Be back later xoxox

Ricketts is on the beach near brighton-ish.

Geez Yael, you poor thing, had a bit on lately! You must have been worried about Nechama's bum. Fantastic to hear all is ok, must be a relief. Why did you feel guilty? It certainly wasn't anything you did to cause the dimple.... Have a lovely time at your dinner party, hope tomorrow brings less wee and more sleep to your family!

Now i understand why my GF's with more than one bub have lost so much weight lately. It seems having 2 is a big challange. Hats off to you ladies.

Wow! So much to read and I was only here yesterday afternoon!

Celtic - Geez your not having a good time with your health!!! I hope this is the last of it for you and your feeling better really soon.

Trish - Glad to hear you got some sleep last night and you've been able to relax. I hope things continue to look for you!

Yael - Good to hear from you and great to hear things are going so well for you.

Becky - I think we'll be refering the the 'bits' as a wee wee and a willy. Thats what I called them as a kid and what we told me nephew. My nephew is now 7 1/2 and know the correct names.

Didn't have a great night last night. Tiera was waking every three hours, which I really didn't mind, but at 1:30am I realised my right breast was bone dry (she hadn't yet fed on it) and the poor little thing was still hungry after emptying my left breast. Luckily I had a half bottle of expressed milk in the freezer that I had to defrost slowly under water, which took ages! Had to get DH up to hold her and try to calm her down while I did all of that. By this time it was already 3am! I have since found out it was blocked ducts and all I had to do was put a hot pack on the breast and they warm up to release the let down. Thankfully she has slept well between each feed since so we got a sleep in!
    Hopefully that will be the end of that.

Enjoy your afternoon ladies
    Last edited by Tiff+2; November 29th, 2007 at 01:17 PM.

glad you found us, alz. having a baby is the hardest thing i've done, and having one who is unhappy with reflux must be tough.

a good doctor is a good thing, and a rare thing. our babies are born barely able to see, unable to lift their head, or anything else. they need us to pick them up, imo.

remember when you were pregnant and you had reflux? lying down made it 100% worse. if you were propped up on an incline or standing, no problem. pick your baby up when you want to, especially in these first 3 months. letting them cry into a state only makes it harder to settle them. also holding them upright keeps the burnies down instead of up the pipe.

also consider propping up the bed a little bit.

there is plenty of time to play hardball with the baby later.

yael - welcome back... sorry to hear your old woes have returned. *remembers fissure* ouch.

celticmoon - my word it's been a rough ride for you. bleeding out in the shower must have been scary.

Claire Guest

Hi all!

Harry might have ezcema not heat rash! I'm taking him to a naturopath today once they've both woken up.

Nic - PMSL, I know I was!! Too tired though - finally got DH to go last night while I veged on the sofa. GL at the 6 week check. I thought the middy would do my pap but she didn't so I've got to go to the GP's for that.......

Viv - DH, I love him to bits. I'm so grateful to have a hands on man in my life; he's a great Dad and a really caring husband. He does get it in the ear sometimes though...if I'm tired and grumpy rarely rises to it, which is just awesome.

Becky - I say vagina and willy. DD says jina and willy. It's not completely correct but I don'y feel comfortable saying vulva and penis!

Yael - WB hope you're little girl is OK.

Alz - welcome! I agree with everyone else. Use your instinct and do what feels right for you. A baby's needs and wants are exactly the same at this age and if they need to be picked up and comforted, I'm all for that!

Celtic - that sounds awful! welcome back xx

becky Guest

Hey guys!
    Im definately up for a meet up before Xmas! And I would probably prefer either Indooroopilly or Gardern City. Im not too good at navigating my way around the city and South Bank etc. Or even Logan again if that is easier for everyone? Whatevr! What do you all think??? And how bout next Friday????

Catherine - Where did you hear about this cheap Huggies thing? Id be intereseted too! LOL. I really couldnt bring myself to using cloth either (probably my lazy side. LOL)!

Claire - Yeah I think I kinda like the sound of "jina" too. And willy sounds much nicer to me at a young age than Penis. I definately want him to know the real words when he is old enough to understand though!

WOOHOO, another meetup!!!

becky Guest

Yeah I know, sounds like you guys had heaps of fun, looking forward to meeting you all!! Better bring Chelsea along so that Rochelle isn't the only girl this time!!! LOL
    MissKate- Is Friday good with you?

Amelia Guest

Definately up for another meet up!! Garden City is probably best for me just cause I don't have my license and is easier for public transport compaired to indooroopilly. Anyday is good for me!! Besides this monday cause I have my 6 week check up!!
    Last edited by Amelia; November 29th, 2007 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Adding more info!!

CatherineL Guest

Ange, yeah I meant the shakes as in body shaking... I was shaking for the entire day... Daniel kept asking me why I was shaking... pfft...

Awww... I don't think I will be able to make the meetup next week! Ro and I are going to go with Daniel to Moranbah to visit Mum and Dad... Dad hasn't met Rochelle yet - so I'm excited about that! Poo - hopefully we'll be able to join in on the fun again next time. Rochelle would love a gf playmate, cuz Daddy says she's not to have time for any boys because he knows what boys are like! I hope you guys all have lots of fun!

Had a fantastic day today... we sold our Emerald house! Hooray!! I think we will be putting our Gold Coast home on the market soon too! Fingers crossed this contract doesn't fall through...

Hope everyone else had a fabbo day!

ETA - Becky, Apparently Nappy Palace on Ferry Road... they have a website... just google them.
    Last edited by CatherineL; November 29th, 2007 at 05:14 PM.

becky Guest

Catherine - We can always make it the week after! Its fine with me, that way everyone has a bit more notice and everyone can make it! What day is good for everyone the week after next?? Prob Thurs or Fri for me?

whats the details for the Melb meet up? Not sure if i can come, but i'll try.. at least Brighton is close to us.

Wink Yeah, it's been awhile....

Chelsea!!! ( I cheated - the count down was on Kim's MSN)

Hey girls!

I haven't checked in here properly in weeks! Wow I feel so...well.. uninformed
    There was a Brissy meet-up!? Dang! I so would have went too!

Next time, maybe....

Anyways, I haven't read every thread so I don't know what else has been happening round here...not that I can actually remember that much stuff anyway....

Elijah's doing well - in a word - huge! My gosh, the kid's a porker! I had this pixie photo woman doing this big spiel about how he's the perfect age for portraits and such as he's easy to make smile and laugh etc.. I was like, "Yeah, he's 6 weeks old..." She stopped mid-sentence and she was like "Oh."

I want a tiny baby - lol.

His reflux seems to have really settled down now too! Hardly ever pukes anymore and when he does its such a small amount it doesn't even bother him!
    WOOHOO!!

OMG a few weeks back, a family friend asked me if, because he was born big if I was going start solids earlier. Hmm no....C'mon he was a month old! The kid had enough issues keep milk down, let alone anything else!

Orrighty better keep on a-moving!

Later, Gators...

sundays and mondays are no good for me, any other day any other time is great for me garden city seems to be a winner for next time. is there an indoor cafe that we can all fit in??? the heat was a bit of a probem last time:$ how bout tuesday the 11.12.07?? start the ball rolling to get it kicked off this time hey

i had such a ball the other day

amelia.. where in brissy do you live???

becky Guest

Sounds good to me Kate. I'll be there this time for sure!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi,

Yael - hope tomorrow is a better day

Amara has a clinic visit tomorrow, only our 2nd one, I am not going as much as I did for Eliza. I am betting she weighs 5kg little piglet!

I am also dreading the 2 month vaccinations but has to be done I guess

Still have not booked a checkup for me and it is 7 weeks tomorrow - I hate doctors!!!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast