Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

welcome alz - I know exactly what you mean about letting him cry, I can't help myself with my Tahlia and I pick her up after about 1 minute. Hopefully the meds will help Ethan and you will feel much better.

Nickers - Tyron looks a little yellow to me, but as the others have said, if you hadn't said anything I probably wouldn't have noticed. Hope it gets sorted out for you soon

How I feel about DD - sometimes I get a bit frustrated when I don't know why she is crying, but then she looks up at me with her big eyes or has a little smile, and I realise how much I love her, and how lucky I am to have her. Everyone tells me how she is such a good baby, but then when its just the 2of us and she is screaming, I don't know whether to believe them or not!

Tahlia has had a fairly good day today, slept pretty well, hopefully that continues tonight! I can't believe she is 4 weeks old already!

Welcome alz! You just have to do what you feel is right! If you want to pick him up and cuddle him then do it! Babies need lots of love from their mummies! Babies also dont really know how to whinge yet, they only cry if something is wrong, hungry tired or hot cold! You might like to try a product called mariners infant mixture for his relfux. My SIL has used it on both her boys and it has worked wonders! But at the end of the day you have to do what feels right, dont worry what other people say just go with your instinct! Look forward to getting to know you!

Myles is calling me will be back later ladies!x

Welcome Alz

Loving Jasmine soooo much.. she is the best baby.....just like her sister was

Each day im thankful to have such a great hubby....only downside....we have been fighting alot more cos both so tired and the kids are full on. But love him to death no matter what.

Ok...this prob is the last time im online! Have a good week ladies

Have 1st birthday to Chelsea for tomorrow, Have a safe trip Kim.

Maddison was/is one of those clingy babies, but after changing her formula she has been so much more happier likes she's a new baby.
    She'll sleep in her cot during the day & most nights now, She's plays on her play-mat etc..

I love her to bits & can't imagine my life without her but having a clingy baby can really take it out of you, it can be very hard sometimes.

I love Phil but wish he would help more with Maddi, but when you have a clingy baby who only wants Mummy there is not much he can do.

Welcome alz, i agree with everyone else do what you feel is right.

Had a great time at the Bris/GC catch-up ladies - was lovely to meet everyone and be freely allowed to talk baby stuff!! Weren't all the babies so well behaved? I thought for sure Mateo would give a good scream as that is all he seems to be doing for the past week! :-)

Viv - Mateo is not an easy baby, but to be honest I don't really care - I love him to death and am also a head-sniffer-addict!! I also kiss his beautiful curly lips all day!

Went to the nurse today - Mateo now weighs 4.78kg! Yey for him! Also told her he cries a lot and is really colicy so am off to the docs tomorrow to get a script for some baby Mylanta - I really hopes that helps as the poor little bugger is in so much discomfort with his belly. Went to a post-natal app at the hospital today and learnt some baby massage. This arvey Mateo woke with belly pain so I put him on the change table and massaged him - he farted heaps, pooped and then fell back to sleep while I was still massaging. So good to have a little trick up my sleeve other than the boob!!

Trish - Think you are doing a bloody marvellous job with your two boys - and let yourself have a cry, it's good for the soul. Can't help but chuckle over Joel's go to sleep and wake-up routine - can't be much fun when you're trying to sleep, but for an outsider - very cute and amusing!!

Nickers - Hope Tyron is ok with his jaundice.

Welcome Alz - I am with Boomba - pick up your bub if that's what you want to do. Mateo is also in a lot of discomfort and I never let him scream on his own - he screams on me and I comfort feed him also. Mind you in saying that, when I need a break I let him have a little cry on his own sometimes but not to the point where he is in a state. Don't let anyone tell you what to do - do what feels right for you and your baby.

Old lard ar$e Falguni weighs 5.1kg!!! from 2.6kg to 5.1 in 8 weeks, what a piglet.

Mothers group was not nearly as bad as i imagined. Infact the girls were lovely. Going pram walking next week with a couple of them.

How do i feel about Lu? Thats a hard one, sometimes i just want to eat her because i she is just sooo cute, sometimes she frustrates me, sometimes i resent her (Am i allowed to admit that? its usually only at 3am and it doesn't last long.) but generally i just love her. Even when she craps on me.
    I also feel very protective of her.

How do i feel about DH? Well that also varies depending on the amount of sleep i have had...... sometimes i feel the strain but mostly we get on just fine. Often i find he doesn't understand the physical demands of having to feed a baby every 3 hours and everything that goes with it. This is frustrating. Feeling bad for him as still havn't got back in the saddle so to speak. So dang tired by the time i get into bed i just cant be bothered, when i'm up for it it tends to be the middle of the day in a shopping centre or something?! maybe tonight i'll make the effort!

How'd you go with Ty nic?

ETA- Hi and welcome ALZ.
    Kellie- where in MElb are you? must be north if it would be 2 hrs to rickets point i'm guessing.
    Viv- just a hot tip if you are using water and facewashers, a spray bottle filled with water is great if you don't have a sink near by....
    Last edited by Junglemum; November 28th, 2007 at 05:46 PM.

Ange - It wouldn't take me 2 hours, but it would be over 1 hour I think. I'm not North though, I'm actually west, in Tarneit which is near Hoppers Crossing

Oh i thought trish was in tarneit! i am a dumbar$e! Yeah that is a long way.

i guess thats what sleep deprivation does to us!

Who is planning on coming to the Melbourne meetup?

I'm in the east Ange! We are spread out all over the place aren't we? Awesome weight gain BTW, you are doing a great job!

Star - Thanks for the sweet comments! I suppose Joel's antics do seem funny to other people, but not so funny to sleep deprived me! We ordered some block out blinds for his room to keep it dark in the mornings (his room lights right up at the crack of dawn), I picked them up today, now just need DH to put them up. Hope it works!

Alz - Welcome! Sorry to hear your bub has reflux. I agree with the other girls, if you want to pick Ethan up to comfort him then do it! I don't think babies know how to test you at this early age. I know how hard it is to hear your bub scream in discomfort (my first DS was very unsettled) and it is so upsetting. Have you tried a baby hammock? I used one for my DS and it was my saving grace. He loved the motion so I would bounce him off to sleep in it and he slept so well in it. Hammocks are great for reflux babies because of the position it puts them in. I hope the meds give you both some peace.

Viv - You ask great questions! I love Kieran to bits, even when he is unsettled or wakes me at 2am to feed him! It is amazing how much more I enjoy him compared to the first time around with Joel when I was clueless and stressed out.

Have a great night ladies, I have a windy baby to attend to...

i'll be there
    Next time we can find some where more central for everyone.

I bled for around 3 weeks after the birth & AF still hasn't arrived, i keep thinking it will be here anyday now.

My labour was 17hours & 10mins, it was also drug & tear free likes Catherine's.
    My sister had quick labour's with her 4 kids the longest was 4 hours, guess i lucked out in that department.

Man we arent leaving until 11 pm now!!!

Both both girls are fast asleep so thats a bonus!!

Ill be at the meetup...provided i dont forget!!

Bleeding stopped about 3 weeks later.

Chelsea's labour was 10 hours 25 mins, gas and 1 2nd degree tear
    Jasmines labour was 6 hours 14 mins, gad and 1 1st degree tear

i'll be there.

I'll try my hardest to come, but not sure how I'll go co-ordinating the two boys and trying to keep Joel with me. I really would love to meet you all!

we'll help ya run after Joel!

LOL... Joel and Chelsea can run after each other!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi,

Have speed read what I can, will reply to what I can remember LOL!

Re the Liners I was trying to get flushables not washables. I make my own washable ones from microfleece as it gives the stay dry feel to bub's bum but lets the wee through.

Trish - I hear you about 2 kids being very different to having 1. I am getting better at it but its not pretty sometimes here either

Peta - WOW your Mum rocks. Over night already!!! I am BF but even if I wasn't I am sure Mum would not cope overnight LOL. Eliza has been away from us once and that was when Amara was born!

Pish - with Eliza I bled for 10 weeks!!! This time only about 6 from begining to end.

Rebecca - I think the startle reflex lasts until about 12 weeks.

alz - hi and welcome. I agree with Boomba and others, pick him up They are so little and they are not controlling you. The only thing they can do to communicate is cry poor little things. He prolly just wants his mummy's cuddles.

Viv's Q of the day - I am totally in love with Amara, just as much as Eliza. They each have an unlimited love bank

DH - he is great, very helpful and involved with his princesses. He took 5 weeks off work for us this time - how great is he!!

OK - I am asking here first...I have a few boys clothes that I would like to give away. A couple of 00 suits that may be useful for next March-April??? and some socks. They are nice ones and the socks are new. Just PM me if you want them boy mummies

Night,

Leah i have a pack of flushable liners here. Ill pack them and bring them when i come visit next week!
    I dont use liners cos they give me the $hits..lol

Besides ive not used my clothies on Chelsea since Jas was born...been so lasy! Disposables FTW!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast