Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #18

Default Babies Born October - December 2005 #18

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October - December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

good luck today kristie,
    congrats to nicky on being prg,wow very exciting
    hope your house sells soon racheal,baby 2 is a good idea.
    congrats on the rental cindy.
    went out for dinner last night,was lovely and the kids were great.
    nikki

Hi Ladies

Sorry I didnt make it today Krisite. I ended up having over 2 hr nanna nap on the couch..... I feel a lot better so obviously needed the sleep. I thought I read Nikki would have a party so I will def be along to that one. I hope the party went well.

Nikki We stayed at 2 nice places down at lakes entrance. The qaulity inn bellvueu (we only had hotel room but they do do family accomodation) and The Esplanade (which does 2 bedroom apartments but not sure how many people it takes). I hope the kids are feeling better.

Rachel how exciting about considering #2. I hope it all works out for you with the selling house etc. I am sure Milo will LOVE a playmate.

Cindy how are you going, are you packing already? Where is hamptom park? I am assuming its further out.

Had quiet day today. Went to pasta place to buy some fresh pasta and then slept on couch for over 2 hrs. What a lazy day. I guess we all needed it as Jamie was asleep aswell.
    Only 11 weeks of work left, and 2 of those I am on holidays in QLD. I cant beleive we are getting close to the due date already.
    I got baby shower invite for jamies cousin today, who is due 1 day before me. they have written a poem on it which suggests no presents only money...... i think that a little strange. I certainly wont be giving cash.its hard to give cash as you need ti give atleast $50 where as I could pick up a lot of stuff for 25-30.
    i am not having shower for Liam. We dont really need anything so would feel terrible asking for presents. Maybe a lunch out somewhere one weekend.
    Off to organise dinner
    XX

Hi!

Had a great day!! Was heaps of fun having everyone around and was nice to see everyone loved the books as much as I do!
    Thank you sooo much Rachael for making the trip over! It was great to see you!! I hope you had a good drive home...
    So it all went well and I got quite a few bookings so thats exciting! Kids were quite well considering they were tempted by so many goodies all around my house!

Nikki - Thanks! Yeah - thats great you all went out for dinner! Geez, that must be an expensive outing with the clan! LOL!

Tracey - No worries - I'm sure we'll catch up one of these days! Yeah...I'd probably feel a bit funny asking for money...We had a 2nd baby shower for Dylan but I can't remember what we got. Just a few little extras I think. I didn't want Dylan to miss out though iykwim?? Mind you - maybe with the next one I'd rather do something after the baby was born - so then everyone gets to see the bubba and have a bit of a party at the same time...Although if I had a girl I'd probably need heaps of stuff - LOL!

Better go - Chat later!

yaeh kristie,dinner is expensive with the clan,plus we had my neice also.$125.00
    today was just as pricey,we took the kids aswell as my neice to the city,we went up the eureka tower and out on the edge,then we walked to a market at fed square and a great park just behind it,then we had a round of lunch and icecreams and then a nice walk along the waterfront watching different shows and buskers.it was cool just as we were leaving to go and then got very warm while we were there.we had another great sunday,we are going to try and go out as a family every sunday.doesnt always mean we will spend money though.
    i am still up for girls night next saturday too.
    so what is the plan then?
    ok
    have a good one

That sounds great Nikki!!

Not sure what we're doing?? Are we still going to Crown or is there any other ideas??

I finally found you all!!!
    I have had a massive weekend and am buggered and now the girls are in bed it is bed time for me too!!

I will check in on you tomorrow - another week has begun...

How did the party go today Kristie?

i posted some pics of the belly in 3rd trimester bellies. if you want to see how we are going.

Hi!

Had a rotten night last night...kids were up heaps - have no idea why! Very strange....but they slept in til 8am so thats ok!

Tracey - Your tummy looks great!! Do you think you're belly's bigger this time around?? How exciting! Not long to go at all..

Cindy - Hope you had a good nights sleep last night! Yep - the party went really really well -the books are great! I'm meant to write a wish list for building my kit but I pretty much want everything - lOL!

I'm waiting for my kit in the mail today so I'm not leaving the house until I get it - LOL! I've got soo much to do though!

Chat later!

i cant find the pics,exactly how do you get there

kristie can you send me the invites so i can organise the book look in march
    thanks love

Hi!

Nikki - Just click on photo gallery!
    Yep - I just got my stuff delivered today so I'll get a host pack together and send it out to you. I'll organise your email invites today as well! Ooh Louis was so excited - we kept pulling out book after book - it was all very exciting! hehe.

Chat later! Just about to head out and do a delivery and organise some stuff!

Hi girls,

Just popping in quickly to let you know Gussy's operation was a success. He now has a gastrostomy button so this means he no longer needs a nasogastric tube for feeding. It's the first time we've seen his beautiful little face without a tube and tape covering his cheek in almost 18months! So exciting.

The gastrostomy button is halfway between Gus's belly button and his left nipple. The gastrostomy button was inserted via an opening in Gusy's tummy skin and muscles into his stomach. Then via other laproscopic incisions near his belly button the surgeon positioned the bottom (balloon part) of the button by pulling it through to the inside of Gussy's stomach then stitching it into place. So now on his tummy at skin level Gus has a flat, flexible disc with a one way valve in it to allow milk into his tummy, but hopefully nothing will be able to leak out of his tummy. It's held in place with a water filled balloon on the inside the stomach. Unless the tube comes out accidentally it should last him about 6 months before he needs to have it replaced. When we feed him via the button we attach a long tube to the button and then a syringe to the tube. It's all very clever really. It seems to be quite a painful process at the moment however that will change once the incision around the button heals over.

It's been a tough few days in hospital but we're home now. He's going really well considering, although is still in quite a bit of pain so is not completely himself yet. Poor little tike has an infection in one of the incision sites, so is quite fevery and very pussy and red. Blahhh, but that will pass. The best thing of all however is that he's starting to show some interest in eating proper food with his mouth! Must be so much nicer swallowing now the nasogastric tube isn't in his nose and dangling down the back of his throat into his oesophagus and stomach. Hopefully this will be the start of something big and we can get rid of all tube feeding at some stage in the next year or so. I am soooo not looking forward to having to BF DS2 once he's born as well as tube feed Gussy every three hours 24/7. Bring on the eating!

Our beautiful nanny dressed up as a lion and came to visit Gussy in hospital. Was so funny. She didn't want him to know it was her so would be there in her normal clothes then would say goodbye, only to reappear as a lion. On the first visit she came bearing one of the Thomas the Tank Engine trains that Gussy has been desperate for. It's "Arthur" train. (Is anyone else as obsessed as Gussy with Thomas?) The whole time the lion was there he kept saying, "Wow how did you know? That was a very clever lion to know I needed Arthur." He ha about him saying he "needed it" as opposed to "wanted it". Toddlers! Then the last day she visited as the lion she brought him a scooter. Hugely generous of her. He has been busting for a scooter since Christmas when his older cousins were all hooning about on them. He's still a bit sore to really give it a good go, but is still up to small bursts of scooting. I've got some pics of it up on Gussy's website if you'd like to take a peak. The link is Totsites.com - Share your children with friends and family and password is monkey.

Bub in tum is growing well. Had another scare last week. I bled really heavily for the week with clots etc. Sorry TMI. Was probably cause I couldn't keep up the strict bed couch rest orders while I was tending to Gussy during our time in hospital and probably the stress/exhaustion of it all. Will have to be much more vigilant now we're home. It was at this part of my pregnancy with Gussy that my waters broke and I ended up in hospital. Fingers and toes crossed that cruel twist of fate doesn't repeat itself!

Big hugs to all. Will pop in again later in the week when it's not so late and I'm not so tired. Had nooooooo sleep during our stay in hospital. Off to bed now.
    I just noticed I have a new avatar picture. How cool. xx
    Last edited by Kirsty EW; February 26th, 2008 at 06:15 AM. Reason: ETA a bit more info xx

Hi!

Kirsty thats fantastic news!! I'm so happy to hear that it all went well...poor little munchkin - I hope he feels better soon. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you all to go through all of that...
    How are you and your bub in tum going?
    The ticker picture of Gussy is gorgeous!!

Chat later!

Kristy - I'm so happy that things are looking up for dear little Gussy boy. Keep well

My friend decided to give me an unexpected call this morning. I thought for sure she had gone into labour...but no, she had got a flat tyre, and in the end decided that she would wait until her hubby got home to change it. Mean while her mum had come to rescue her, 4 houses down from where she lives. It is raining up here, but she has become such a placenta brain. She even forgot the spelling to "teddy bear" today, when we were spelling out about her daughter's teddies that she had taken off her in secret earlier at play group. OMG!

Well, things are going along great here. I've gone onto the Sureslim diet, and Benjamin is just growing in leaps and bounds. For a boy thats almost 100cms tall already and 18.5kgs he's doing really well, considering how much he eats. It's really hard now with me being on a diet, and watching that he's getting the right sort of foods too. I have to tell Dh that if they want something naughty that I'm not meant to eat now, to slip it into the trolley when I'm not looking. I plain forgot the chips today he bought on the weekend, until I heard Benjamin rattling the chip packet in the lounge room. The little bugger scrunched them up and tipped them on the floor. Oh well, a mother's work is never done!

I hope you are all doing well?

Melissa

Melissa it is so nice to hear from you and I am glad all is going well. Benjamin sure is a tall boy. Good luck on your diet, you are more dedicated than I would be i couldnt resist a packet of chips on the cupboard.

Kirsty It is so nice to hear from you. I am glad Gus operation went well and its good to see he is starting to show an interest in eating. He is such a brave little boy to have gone thru all he has so far. YOu are also a super mum, you should be so proud of yourself as Gus looks like such a happy little guy. Glad to see bubs in tum is doing well and I hope it all continues to go well for you.

Kristie I definatly am bigger this time around but a different shape I think. I havent put on as much weight though which is odd (but I am not complaining)

Well potty training has taken a backwards step. After 2 successful pees in the potty before bed we have had nothing. He will sometimes sit on it but other times he flattly refuses to even sit down. I am going to try and encourage him when he gets up from his nap and see how we go. Small steps I guess. We have plenty of time and everyone gets it eventually.
    Had a bit of luck today, found $5 at the supermarket.... BONUS. Maybe I will get a tatts ticket Gotta love when something like that happens. Would have been great if it was a $50.
    Is anyone else going to send their kids to 3 yr old kinder? A lady at the park today asked me if I was sending Jordan next year and I said no. Now I have been thinking about it and prob wouldnt be bad idea. Maybe better than playroup?????? Not sure, will have to discuss with Jamie I guess. If he is going to go to creche next year for 1 day a week I prob wouldnt bother with the kinder.

Hope you are all having a nice afternoon
    XX

Hi!

Melissa - How are you? Long time no hear! Wow on doing the sureslim diet - good luck! Wow Benjamins a big boy isn't he!! I think Louis would only be about 13-14kg and maybe 91-92cm...

Tracey - Yeah on finding $5! Yep - I'm sure Jordan will get the tt soon! Louis still having some accidents but going quite well now in his undies!
    Yep - Louis is going to 3yo kinder - I have already enrolled him! Depending on how they organise it he will either go for 1x 2h session or 2 x 2h sessions. Thats why we did the 2yo kinder group as well as it gives him a taste of how it will all work and he loves it!! I'm sure he'll be fine without me - although I'm sure I'll stay close by when they time comes! LOL! He also now has times when he stays at a friends for a couple of hours while I take Dylan to gymbaroo so he's very used of the process and knows I'll come back and get him (and often doesn't want to go home!)

Speaking of which, he had kinder today and had a great time - he was a bit grumpy though so he's having a sleep today! I'm just letting him go so we'll see how long he sleeps - he's already been down for about 1 1/2...I'll just expect him to be up late tonight!

ok - better get some stuff done! Chat later!

im not doing 3 y.o kinder.it will be too difficult trying to get her to and from kinder when i am working.also it can be a bit tricky when the baby is asleep and have to yank him out of bed to do the drop off/pick up IYKWIM. my boys only did 4 yo kinder and they were great with it and ready for school no probs the year after.creche suits me better for now cos they can go in for however long i need and they can both go together.
    kirsty,iam so pleased gussy is recovering well,he is soooo brave and i want to give him a big squashy hug.i also want to give you a big hug,you are doing a wonderful job,now that gus is home try to get the rest your little bub in tum needs.
    melissa,good luck with the diet.keep us up to date and stay focussed,are you watching biggest loser,i love it and have watched every episode,they are so amazing and it is unreal to see how hard/yet so easy it is to lose the weight if you really WANT to.
    nikki

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast