Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #10

Would a bit of cooled boiled water help move things along maybe?

ETA: I found a little bit of the water (say 10mLs or so) also seemed to get out any wind as well.

he has about 10-20ml of water most days

Rach - DS is a bit the same after his cluster feeds in the afternoon/before 6-7pm. I just hold him tight to me, pat his bum and walk around - I've put it down to "over tired" and not wanting to "let go"......
    DS was born 3.3kg 51cm length, lost a lot of weight took 2 wks to return to normal, and at 7wks weighed 5.3kg 57cm length....

From other postsss....thought you girls might be able to help.....

DS is being BF, but I have been expressing so that I can have a little tipple one night out with the girls OR get some sleep LOL. Last time DH tried to bottle feed DS with EBM the whole process involved soooo much crying from baby, as it took sooo long to feed him, that I just gave up trying to sleep and just BF him!!!

Has anyone used the avent bottle warmer? Apparently it is really good and only takes 4 mins to heat to the appropriate temperature!

++> do you wake a sleeping baby during the day if they are sleeping for longer than 3-4 hours in the hope of promoting longer sleeps at night????

Thanks

Well! Good morning!
    Sheree, my community nurse reckons if you try and feed them more often during the day, they'll be less likely to be hungry at night? She suggested to wake him (not that I've had any problems with him sleeping during the day lately ). But having said that, once Riv slept a really long stretch during the day and I thought oh great tonight will be awful, and he slept for a 7 hour stretch that night! So...maybe just experiment and see what works for you?

Kicking myself for not going to bed earlier last night, Riv went from 9pm til 6am between feeds! And stupid me didn't end up turning off my light til 12 One tired and remorseful Nelle here.
    He fed really well this morning cos my boobs were full, so I reckon that mucking around on the boob IS a supply issue. I'll look for fenugreek or goat's rue or something after my first mother's group today. Hope there are some friendly people there. Hope Riv behaves!

Oh! AND I've managed to pop River back down for some more sleep :eek: Such a blessing, after he was rather trying yesterday. Better do what I want to get done before he wakes. xo

my little rat bag is still asleep after wkaing at 3.30am. she's normally up by then must go and poke her.
    My god, thanks for bringing up about the cluster feeding Sheree and Nelle - I might have to try that to see if it works. Id love Vy to sleep all night (ah im dreaming).
    Sheree - Ive got an avent bottle warmer which we found to be fantastic. I should get it out of the cupboard again, Ive been using the microwave.
    Better do the school rush thing
    chat later
    xxmaz

OMG Anna
    Happy 3 month birthday Xander honey!

hey girls,

another bad night gotta go to the dr's today simon is coming with me yay he is finally helping me out.

belle thanks for last night that really helped.

well i better gets these kids in the car.

later

adele

Your welcome Adele. Anytime will be thinking of you this morning let me know how you go ok.

Maz - will give you a call today.

Anna** - Congrats on 3 months today for Xander! WOW that means Julai is 2 Months too!!

Good morning Girls,

DS has the same issue with bf, he will pull of the boob screaming for no apparent reason. I went to the paed about it and he said maybe it's just a positioning thing. If bub is under your boob at beg of feed and is doing that maybe he/she is getting flooded by too much milk at once and you should try putting bub above boob and lying back abit.

If it's at the end that maybe bub is getting frustrated cause it's hard to get out, so you try masaging boob at end of feed to help it come out.

im in the process of trying these at the moment. It's very frustrating not knowing what's wrong.

Anna-cute new pic of Xander!!

Stewart is going too see Great Grandma today. It is her 93rd birthday! She loves seeing DS as he is only GGC in the family.

morning all,

adele- let us know what Dr says.

Nelle- Wow! River did fantastic overnight! Can't help with the clingy/ screaming business. Couldve been just a bad day? If he keeps doing it maybe just call yr MCHN for advice.

Magic- Ashleigh fights the bottle. My MCHN told me just to go out and she will have to take the bottle then, and she thinks she'll probably take to it better fi I'm not around, but I'm too scared to do that yet, I couldn't stand the thought of leaving her distressed!
    As for waking babies, its rarely an issue here but on the very rare days she does sleep alot I don't let her go longer than 3hrs 30mins - 3hrs 45mins.

Rach75- I got Ash some Infacol drops, we were having probs in the mornings with wind pain that she was crying with the pain so before her 3am feed I give her the drops and she still has alot of wind at the same time and still grunts like anything but isn't upset by it anymore.

Ashleigh is another evening cluster feeder, I don't mind too much cause it prevents her from whinging and she'll get put down at 8pm and doesn't need feeding again til 3am, well last couple nights dragged it out til 3:45 so bit by bit we're getting longer.
    She does still feed quite often in the day too, approx every 2.5 hours, thats why its so hard for me just to get time to myself. If Df is home i feed her then rush over to the shops, have quick look around and get rush back before next feed. Even though its short time it is nice to get that little break.

I get so annoyed every night after the 3am feed i just can't get back to sleep! I spend bout 40 mins with Ash feeding burping nappy etc then another hour or so tossing and turning and then don't get much sleep in befoer Ash wakes again or Df wakes for work! Then I really struggle to drag myself out of bed.

thanks girls, i think i will try him on more plain water

Shell i too am using infacol, not for wind but to see if it will halp with #2

the one thing i have noticed since this #2 prob started is he doesn't seem to fart very often any more I wonder if there is a connection there

well we had a failry good night, he went down around 9.50pm crashed within 5min of #2slept till 3am then thru too 7.45am this continues but is in clingy mood again this morning

Happy 3 months Xander!!!
    Sharleen hope the storm doesnt get too bad for you.Id be ****tin.As soon as they say severe weather warning i run round the house like a headless chook getting canles ready,torches and stuff.
    Ruby was quite good last night after the worse ay ever yesterday.I think she had an hrs sleep all day.She went to sleep at 7pm and woke at 1130pm,3pm but then woke up at 530am playing but is now back in bed at 7am.
    Im now having a skinny capacchino from our machine.We never use it but figure well i dont get one at the shops much anymore so i better use it again.
    I have started my WW diet today.I shoul weigh myself i suppose.

looks like I am in for another clingy day I pick him up he is asleep within 5 min then put him down he wakes up within 2min and within 5min he is wanting to be picked upagain

I've haven't felt this crappy in ages... I'm so dizzy and woozy, and cry at the drop of a hat - blah. Hope things pick up soon, Xander is just being so demanding around the clock at the moment.

Caddie - Mmm coffee. I haven't been out for one for ages, I really should get my coffee machine out of the cupboard.

Rach - Another thing to try is the Brauers' Colic Drops... they are brilliant at getting the wind out of Xander if the water doesn't work.

Sheree - I love my Avent warmer... so much easier than warmer in a jug of warm water.

Panna - How much does Stewart weigh? He looks like a really good sized bub from your avatar (around 6kgs?). Happy Birthday to Great Grandma!

Rach - I hear ya on the clingy thing... hope it eases up soon for you hon.

Bel -Happy 2 Month Birthday to Julia!

A big HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY to my little (big) man.

Gotta fly, he's wailing again.

Happy birthday to the babies hitting those wonderful milestones - wow how quick time flies when you are sleep deprived!! LOL
    Thanks for the help ladies....

We've had a bit of hail here too. Lucky i changed Dr's appt. We had ot for 12:45 but once I saw weather forecast knew we wouldn't be able to walk in it. Df in all his wisdom told me we'd be alright that it wouldn't rain at the time we were due to go out. Don't know how he decided that but thought it'd be a much smarter idea to change the time to after he got home with the car.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast