Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #13

It doesn't matter rach. As I'm the only one in Cairns my girl will know who it's from too.
    I always feel like the crap the next day when Nina sleeps through for some reason. I sort of prefer if she did wake up once or twice. She goes down at 6.30pm though, and I'm usually in bed by 8.30. So maybe I'm getting too much sleep those nights?

thanks girls

my ass of Sharleen (this will sound weird) but I can just see the boos spraying everywhere LOL, mine are still leaking when he crys I can only imagine what they would have been like had I BF

so when are we opening the KK gifts????

on the KK front - i still have to finish mine but I need a picture...ah doesnt matter.
    PMSL at the boobie spray Sharleen - next time maybe have a bucket there to catch the spillage
    Girls need some advice. Vy is getting to the stage were her cloth nappies are getting a bit small now and I dont want to fold them kite style cause she'll leak through. For those using cloth, what kind are you using and what do you think is the best? I feel like a dinosaur cause so many of my friedns are using disposables or these really fancy new style cloth...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Girls need some advice. Vy is getting to the stage were her cloth nappies are getting a bit small now and I dont want to fold them kite style cause she'll leak through. For those using cloth, what kind are you using and what do you think is the best? I feel like a dinosaur cause so many of my friedns are using disposables or these really fancy new style cloth...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    having same problem here

maz - there is a forum I go on called nappycino, there you find heaps of ways to fold cloth nappies.
    I've finally got a pic of Nina smiling! If you're interested they're on her website. A friend today told me she looks like a doll

Maz, I mainly use the modern cloth, but I have days where I actually like to spend the time to fold a flat terry nappy... if you google 'nappy lady' you'll get an awesome UK website that has heaps of folds if you go to the advice area and then practical nappy tips... I normally use the Jo Fold on Xander and he is a big wee'er. This lasts a couple of hours on him (have you thought about buying some hemp boosters for the terry? only a couple of dollars each)

Sharleen - That is way funny about squirting everywhere!!!

I hope all those bubbas that were up heaps last night have lots of naps today so their mummies can rest up.

Off to mummy group soon... the weather here has gone to ****, 35 degrees hot one minute and now we're expecting a thunderstorm today!

Jodi - what an awesome photo of Nina! Your friend is right, she does look like a doll.

thank you so much Anna and JOdi for the advice. I cant be bothered going to the cloth nappy forum . im just lazy and its easier to ask here cause we all sor tof know each other. Jodi - yes I agree totally - Nina looks like a beautiful little doll. Man that pic is cool.
    Rach - im so glad to see im not the only one worried about the whole cloth nappy thing. we'll lean on each other
    going ot go have a sticky now
    xxmaz

Shell, made me smile at your christmas present comment
    None of those probs here, our Christmas tree is up, just needs us to decorate it (it's half done, cos Rans did the lights buy you can see the wires everywhere, and when I criticized it, Rans was like well you do it then...so we'll redo it together when he comes home ).

Yeah Caddie, I was slightly annoyed at falling pregnant so quick too. I do feel for those who try for ages, and who knows how long the next will take, but I would have enjoyed a bit more 'trying' first! Since my sex drive is crap on the pill and when I'm pregnant! I had less than 2 weeks of good sex

Wow Sharle, that's some impressive distance on the milk! LOL at Ambah staring at your boobs!

Maz, could you get a pic off the person's website? Or ask 3 or 4 of us to email you a baby pic, and then the person won't know for sure you've got them? Just an idea...

Oh and I'm another modern cloth girl (cannot pin flannels for crap!). Anna's idea of boosting isn't a bad one, then you can stick with cheap flats...or were you actually looking at getting some modern cloth nappies? I can email you the specifics of what I use if you want, and maybe even lend you a few by post for you to try out!

I *think* we're having our chat/opening pressies on the 8th? I'd better get cracking and send my pressie! LOL, we all know I'll leave it til the last minute - my person will know it's from me by the yellow packaging! (express post )

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Riv's asleep at the moment, I was very proud of myself for recognising his tired signs! He's been pretty good so far today, although he did scream while I was in the shower (I was SURE he was asleep before I went...he must sense the lack of movement around the house and wake up or something).
    Anyway. Hope everyone's enjoying their day. xo

maz, i fold kite style but i have the old terry towel nappies, but i fold some flannelete, ones in of a night time, to soak up all the wee.i dont think that made sense??????? in other words 2 nappys of a night kite style, flannete on the inside and terry on the outside, but gee she has a HUGE BUM at the end.

I like big butt.........and you other brothers cant denie....
    oh I hate that song and now its logded in my head.
    Had a look at the wed sites. You girls are bloody fantastic. Thanks so much for the advice. I like the kite style for a night time cause of the 2 in one factor. and yes chrissy it did make sence to me.
    Nelle - have just bought some fitted cloth with velcro nappies of ebay, 4 of them $10 so I'll see how they go. Like my old fashion flannel type but.
    PMSL at the express post bag....I'll end up having to send mine that way aswell. Did exactly what yousaid Nelle - checked my persons web site and got apic. Your a clever woman!
    And dont talk to me about falling pg. Look how quick I fell already after Vy. It was good though cause now Jed and I have decided that if we want number 4 we will start trying this time next year. In the mean time its the pill and rubbers for us. Im not taking any chances again!
    Ive got so much scrapping to do for chirstmas, its all sitting on my bed..ah I have to pull my finger out and get off this contraption!
    later chickens
    xxmaz

argghh - just went out to lunch with sis as it's her b'day today and it's bl**dy hot today! I suggested the family come here tonight and I'll cook a roast. Why oh why did I suggest that! Nina got cranky cause of the heat and I couldn't be stuffed going to the shops. Now I'm going to have to organise for Heath or my mum to get some stuff on their way over.
    I think I'm gonna go for another swim ... and this time take the camera with me. Thanks for the comments about Nina girls, she's my precious little doll!

and maz - now you've got that song stuck in my head and I hate it!

chrissy - that's what my mum used to do with us, use 2 nappies at night

Ash is sitting next to me here farting her head off. i think she could take Df in a competition!

Well I've had a nice day, had couple friends from work pop in this morn then had mothers group this arvo. the days go quickly when you got stuff to do.

jodi_lee- Roast is the last thing I'd want to do in the heat. Maybe serve salads with it rather than vegies.

Rach75- Its good to hear you enjoyed your group. I remember you were a little worried bout it. is there other bottle mums there? Some of those BFing chicks can be so full on. Its alright to be pro something but no need to push it so far that others feel bad.

I think Ash is going to be unsettled again tonight as she has skipped her arvo nap again, well she had 10mins, tried to resettle her but she was talking and smiling and kicking her legs.

As much as i dislike getting up in the night for the last week she's been so excited to see me. before that she would continue grizzling til she got her feed. now she stops crying, gives me such a big smile and kicks her legs in excitement. Makes me feel so special. She will start crying again though if i take too long with the nappy. i think i could win a prize for the fastest nighttime nappy change.

ETA: Maz you have that song in my head to now. I always get it stuck after seeing the ad for American idol and start singing it to Ash.

Hey Maz - I've got heaps of boosters here, if you like I could send you one to try if you want?

hey girls,

what a day i havent stopped all morning. i finally posted my kk stuff. maz i will post yours after the new year lol im just to busy to finish making it.

has anyone heard from belle today ??? i havent seen or heard from her on msn. hello belle are you doing ok today remember what i said to you last night. lol

well im off ladies gotta do a few thing

Adele

thanks for the website info you gave Maz I had seen the nappylady one we have at times used 2 of the folds, we are just getting to big for the fold we use now LOL

I like the big butt issue of cloths as well, I had got some fitted of ebay, but when we used them I discovered and ruined 4 white terry's in process they can't be soaked as either the color or the insert leaked color all over the white nappie and my pretty nappies now look like ****, so I packed them up and stored them away for putting on dolls, if we ever have a girl or if Jase will let me get Jack one LOL

we have gone to disposables at night as he is sleeping better, and with this heat i have on ocassion put a disp on him in the afternoon with a singlet much cooler for him

Shellbell there were of the 7 of us 3 who bottle feed so was better, the BF mums are ok its the BF assoc lady that cam ealong to talk about returning to work and childcare honestly I took a instant dislike to her

lets see Jack is getting so big he now weighs 6kg neat is 59.3cm long and HC of 39.5cm

the 8th probably wont be able to make it on chat as IL's will be here hmmmm............what time do you get on chat maybe I can take jack into bedroom with laptop hmmmmmmmmm..........then I dont have to talk to them for a bit LOL

we are now going to their place this sat night and some of sunday grrrrr... but I am all prepared with comments to get over their nastiness from last time, when they ask why I am not nursing tristan SIL son, I will say well I offended you last time we saw you by treating him the same as my sisters boys so I dont want to be to familiar with him LOL I called him grumblebum and they SIL and MIL insulted *poke tongue at them* LOL, and when I get comments like why am I using disp when we go away etc, and why do I use pilchers over cloth nappies I'll say umm..*check belly* yand when they say what you doing I will say just checking it was me who gave birth LOL he is our son our rules our choices, and then when I get but tristan did or didn't do this or that I will look at Jack and go oh thats right your not tristan you jack aren't you LOL I am being such a b**ch I so dont want to go, but I get to see mum on mon and tuesday woooo!!!!!!!!!!!

ok now I have bored ya all I shall go LOL

Just couldn't resist putting this pic as my signature! Took the camera in the pool and got some snaps of her laughing ... what a darling!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast