Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #16

maz your welcome to beat the chrap out of simon just let me watch lol

riley had a good night sleep but akira grrr i dont understand she is 4 and has never really slept a full night ever. i was up most of the night with her and then simon came out and told her to stop crying and to go to sleep. i went off my nut at him again he just didnt get what was wrong with her im taking her to the drs to have her stomach looked at cause she hasnt been eating very well the last few days the poor thing. its better to be safe than sorry with her.

well im off to get akira in the bath and me in the shower while riley is asleep.

talk to you all later

Adele

Maz - No luck with you e-mail... which e-mail did you send to? I sent you an e-mail from my hotmail one that had my westnet addy in it.

Laurin - Once your neighbours are back, make sure that whenever Rylee screams, that you stand outside their door with her.

Rikki - How was the veg in front of the telly? I never seem to get to do that anymore... DH sure manages hours of it tho :mad:

Adele - How did the kids sleep in the lounge? I remember doing that as a kid on hot summers' nights. Used to love it.

Craig - Thanks for taking the time to pop on and letting us know about Chrissy.

Having another grrrrr about DH, he just never seems to help with Xander much - he's always *****in about being tired all the time (like I'm not!) and I have to ask for any sort of help. Last night I made up a bottle of EBM for Xander, but guess who fed it to him? yup, me :mad: and he nevers sings or plays with him - and definately doesn't bother helping with all the physio I gotta do with him. The only word he says to him is 'hello' like he is some sort of parrot.

riley didnt mind it as i have a pop up cot for him but akira was up and down screaming cause of her stomach again and she had a headache. so i only got 2hrs sleep hopefully she will sleep today and just rest. i know how you are feeling anna i havent had a break all week simon comes home from work and sits right infront of the computer all night and doesnt move. i went off my tree at him last night and have a funny feeling i will be again tonight.

well i better get akira out of the bath

later

Adele

Anna - I replied to the email you sent me...ah. Let me know how much you would like for the cover babe and I'll send it to you. I will try to email you again (Im probably stuffing something up)
    Sharleen - Let my SS know that I cant wait until I get the package to find out who and what it is. It will be a really nice surprise for me (I dont get many of them)
    SOmeones at the door
    Better go

Last night was a little better. Went down at 6.30 as per usual, fed at 11pm & 2.30, but then at 4am kept waking up and nothing would settle her. She was just really fidgety. We ended up putting her in bed with us, I fed her again and she went back to sleep till 8. She often does wake up at 4, not wide awake, just enough to keep us up, got no idea why. At least she's content now in front of the tv, for now at least anyway.

maz, I know, naughty me, but it was soooo yummy! That's my fix for the week.

anna** - do what I do and make an app for something where you can't take Xander that way he'll have to look after him all by himself. I'm getting a colour in my hair later today as Heath finishes at 2, so he'll pick Nina up from the hairdresser and take her home with him. BTW I love that pic on your sig.

laurin - if Rylee does have a screaming match at night, then maybe walk the halls trying to settle her, that'll **** them off!

I'm getting Nina's Santa photos today I'm so excited. My SIL works at the Santa photos at Myer so I get them all free cause she gets a discount, but then is going to pay the rest herself.

ETA: sorry rach, just saw your post. I don't think you're being obsessive. I wouldn't want anyone, even Heath, holding Nina if they're intoxicated. Try and relax on the weekend and if they say things that get to you, just try and remember they won't be there forever and will be gone soon.
    Last edited by Visitor7; December 8th, 2006 at 08:35 AM. Reason: rachel

got my kk pressy yay cant wait to see what it is

i just remembered the chat is tonight.... thought i'd mention it in case anyone else is as vague as me! looking forward to catching up. hope my KK pressie arrives today, if not, i'll have an extra surprise on monday

I forgot about the chat tonight too. I don't think I've got everyone's email addy's either.
    I can't wait to open my pressie, I can smell it everytime I walk over near the tree. It's smell really nice too.

I remembered the chat just wondering if I'll fall asleep before it even starts! Most nights I'm dead asleep by 9:30!
    Last night Ash woke at 1:30 then at 5 then for some reason woke at 6 and wouldn't settle til 6:30, I think she had a bit of wind and her nose was bit snuffly again, then she was awake just after 7! When I don't get much morning sleep i find thats when I will be tired all day so yes i am feeling crappy at the moment.

Rach- I am the same, if Df is ****ed he is not allowed to hold Ash, i worry he could fall with her and I doubt she wants to breath in that beer smell. He usually says I wanna hold her i love her in his slurred voice but once I point out he'd better not he usually agrees.

Adele- So what is wrong with Akira's tummy that means you have to go to hospital? Doesn't sound good you poor things, how is she today?

Anna**- What is it with men? Df is good most days but occasionally he'll have a busy day at work and come home and say "I'm not doing anything tonight, I'm too tired". I always say "I wish I had that luxury, I'm too tired to get up in the night and feed her but i have too, i'd like to lie on the couch and not change her nappy but i have to!" Usually he says I'll do extra tomor then but of course he doesn't.

Chrissy- Hope you get out of the hospital soon, be interesting how you went having bubs in there with you.

hello to everyone else.

morning all just a quick hello we have DD day care xmas party today!!!

Um am I allowed to join in on the chat tonight (if possible) even though Im not in the KK? My hotmail addy is:
    a _ cthomson @ hotmail. com (without spaces obviously)

Please add me if you want ladies

Well no sleep through last night (12am - 5:30am) but oh well 3 out of 4 nights sleep through's isnt bad for 10wks old.

Oh forget to say, I am so FREAKIN mad at Dh. I asked him last night why he wouldnt let us start TTC now, aside from my weight which is something I can still take care of while we are TTC (plus Ive learnt my lesson from last preg: do not eat tons of take away and choccy, and exercise lots!) and you know what he said?

"Oh well Im not sure I could handle two kids possibly only 13mths apart. Plus you dont always do all the housework with only 1, what would you be like with 2."

Maz, you can def come and kill my hubby :evil: How does doing probably 3 out of a bazillion feeds and changing the odd nappy here and there constitute a reason to be worried you cant handle two kids??????????????????? And so what about the housework, I do my best but we just moved in for craps sake my house is not dirty just a bit cluttered.

Aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The man is a moron.
    Last edited by Freya; December 8th, 2006 at 10:19 AM.

Ooh have fun at the party LilP!

Hope you can catch up on sleep Shell! I've been using saline nose drops for Riv's snuffliness too, though this morning he was shaking his head from side to side and after getting it everywhere except his nose I gave up.

Anna, Rans was like that too, til I realised he didn't actually know WHAT to do with River. So I read to him (or get him to read) where River's up to in Miriam Stoppard's 'Baby's first skills' - it says where roughly they're up to and what you can do to nurture their learning. So now Rans just knows he has to chat to River to help him understand speech, so he tells him about his day at work, while i listen, and talks to him about technology stuff And River cooes and grins back. Perhaps Scott just needs a bit of guidance? (Or a kick in the butt, either should work :P)

Looking fwd to the chat tonight! Should be fun!

Better go grab a shower (here is River's cue to wake again). We had from 10:30 til 9 last night. I think he's only so tired cos he's working hard to fight this cold - it's a nasty one. He was sounding awfully choked up before, I leant him forward and he coughed, so he sounds a bit clearer, but I hate there being nothing much I can do for him.

Hope everyone's enjoying their morning! xo

ETA: NO you may not join in our chat AnnaT! Talk to you tonight hey. And with Ryan, maybe validate his feelings, if he's not 'ready' for a 2nd yet, then you're sure not going to get any more improvement with him helping you! :eek: And perhaps point out that you've just moved with a newborn baby which is more than a lot of people could handle! Perhaps get him to commit to 1 helping thing per day? (baby things don't count) Then he can be a total jerkozoid and say 'I've already done my one thing for today' when you want more help, but at least he's done ONE thing! It's working soooo far for Rans and I..
    Oh nuts I need to have this shower.
    Last edited by Nelle; December 8th, 2006 at 10:36 AM. Reason: AnnaT

anna, i've added you on my list. I can't believe men at times! I haven't been able to do ANY housework this week as Nina has been so unsettled, but fortunately Heath can see how tired I am and fully understands. But I'm very proud of myself, so far this morning I've cleaned both toilets and bathrooms, done the dishes and put a load of washing on! Except I hate doing the washing so the load of washing will sit there until this afternoon when I finally hang it out, then it will sit in the basket for a week until I fold it. lol I think Heath will be very proud of me for doing that much. Except I can't do the floors cause some smart arse swept and mopped out the patio with the inside only broom & mop, so now it's got dog hair everywhere! So I can't clean the floors inside until I get a new mop head and broom head.

adele - good luck at the hospital. After talking to you on msn, I went to get Nina ready for shopping and she was sound asleep! She's just stiring now.

AnnaT- I'm not in the kk either but we will still crash this chat. As for your Dh I want to know why you should be doing all the housework to begin with! Looking after a baby is already a job that your on call for 24/ 7! With my Df we spoke during the preg, he said he wasn't going to get up at all in the night cause he had work the next day, I told him that was fine but while I'm getting up in the night to feed and settle he can do most of the housework. Which he does although the toilet and bathroom I think are due for a good clean! I'll usually just do small things like dishes and washing.

Nelle- I bought some of those drops. Ash is funny cause one second she'll have this horribly stuffy nose, gets upset cause can't breath properly then it'll be clear for hours! I hope River's cold clears up. i think its this weather, whenever the weather starts to change and you have boiling hot days the cool days everyone gets sick.

Well Ash is asleep now, Yay! She's hardly slept this morn and when I'm tired and shes grizzly I feel little impatient with her and then I feel guilty bout it!

Dont know exactly where all of you Vic ladies are, but just wanting to send my best wishes to you and I hope that the fires dont come your way.

Love

Thanks for the wishes Helen, we're clouded with smoke again today, its awful. I think we have a few fires within 1.5/2 hours from here, and there were two yesterday that were about 20min from here :eek:

Nice to see my Dh isnt the only pain in the butt.
    I blame my MIL for his attitude towards wives etc. Not that I dont love her to bits but she let FIL get away with doing NOTHING the whole time they were married cause he worked alot (like 7 days a week back in those days but so did MIL) so Ryan thinks he doesnt have to do anything because poor baby works 7:45am-4:30pm 5 days a week and his Dad never helped :mad: He forgets I cook him dinner every night, wash his god dang clothes,do the groceries, take care of Jett, clean the house and pay the bills. All I ask of him is that he takes out the garbage (which Im doing atm), feed and clean up after the dog and mow the lawns/outside maintenance. MIL tells me now to get Ryan to help me out because if I dont he'll never do anything at all! Now my FIL is retired he still only takes care of their dog and occasionally cooks dinner while MIL works 6 days a week. When I was growing up my father worked hours like Ryan but he still knew that garbage, yard and vacuuming/dusting on a sunday was his job and never once complained about doing it cause he knew my Mum did everything else including cart us around to various things.
    Thats why I get mad about HIM telling ME when I can have another baby. It should be ultimately my decision as I have to commit for 18 years plus the 10mths of pregnancy. Its not like we arent financially stable either, then I could understand his reluctance. My sister and the inlaws have already said theyd come and help out if I need it.

Oops better go shower while booger is playing happily.

AnnaT - trust me mate, one baby is easy but having 2, every close to gether is a bloody headache. Enjoy your little man before diving in so quickly. I regret having my first 2 so close. Nikolaus was still a baby really at 18 months when I had Wilhelm. It made Nikolaus grow up way to quick. Fight the urge mate (god knows I am)
    One comment on tonight - NO SWEAR JAR cause I'll be f'curried other wise!
    xxmaz

Helen - ive put washign on the line and now it stinks like all buggery. Everyone around here is driving with their lights on cause its so smoggy. I feel for the firefighters doing their 13 hours shifts for us all. Their brave men and deserve a bloody medal for it.
    Annat- put your bonie butt on my addies

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast