Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #21

rach - try not to stress/worry about it too much over the next couple of weeks. It could be nothing.

ambz - your DH sounds like mine, wants them close together. But that was so sweet of him.
    What is the mag mag cup you're talking about? The sippy cup I got for Nina, she won't take to anymore, just chews on the teat.

Last edited by Astrolady; January 12th, 2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: 2 posts within a min

trying not to stress

whoever asked i'm 31 yrs old

ok girlies
    feed vy her pumpkin stuff with a teaspoon of farex in it. it made it thicker so it didn't end up all over her instead of just in her mouth. I cant get over how quickly she ate it either. AND she feel asleep! YAY!
    AMBZ - can we change hubbies...Jed wants to wait until the end of the year, to see if we willhve any more (we will trust me) and I would so love to be pg already. It will only be for alittle bit..promise.lol
    Shell - adele -coll breeze this way please. Read my therm thing on my front poch in the shade, 43 degrees. IM MELTING......

ahhh no maz thats hot i would be crying most of the day if it was that hot here as i onlt have a water cooler that you can move around the house real nice hey.

jodi - im trying to send some around to everyone lol but its not moving enough.

wow all you girls that want more babies are making me feel old lol cause ive finished with the baby thing now lol. and im only 23. can you all stop making me feel old please.
    LOL

well im off to lay down on the lounge for a bit to rest got a big headache again.

later

Adele

Rach,happy bday and i hope everything is okay with jack.If there is a problem it sounds to me that your such a great mum you would overcome the obsticles.But fingers crossed.
    I am worried about ruby's head! Mum and my sister think it looks worse.I dunno.
    Maz i finally sent you the nappy liners that are real funky!!
    I bought a ironing board today(woohoo) and i got a new olga berg bag from ebay so thats a yippee!!!
    Jodi hope the sleeping is a good sign for you.
    That savannah is such a cute bum.I could eat her!! What a great photo.

caddie - what's wrong with Ruby's head?

maz - yay on the solids! She must have been ready for it.

OMG girls I posted yesterday and your already up to page 7 OMG I cant keep up! I hope your all doing well.

I went to a child safety first first aid course yesterday with my mothers group, it was really good. I feel a bit better now knowing what to do if something happens.

Julia's doing really well but is unsettled today wants more bottles rather than breast which is frustrating...so am thinking of switching totally to formula as shes not really happy anymore she gets frustrated as breastfeeding takes longer than drinking formula.

For those wondering how Im going, the latest update is that I havent had a "panic attack" since NYE thank god, but things still stress me out I have good days and bad days, yesterday was a bad day. I havent been in contact with any of my friends and I am quite upset that my friends know I am suffering from post natal depression but they do not call to see how I am at all they have just forgotten about me, or I get excluded, I cant help it if I am not myself all the time, I try my best to go out when I have a good day. I wish people would be more understanding sometimes.

Rach - I hope Jack is ok, thinking of you - hugs

Back later for more personals when I have read everything.

Bel
    xxx

belle - it's so good to hear from you and that you're doing alright. Even better that you haven't had a panic attack since NYE!!
    With the breastfeeding and bottlefeeding, is this something that's just happening today or has it been happening frequently? The reason I ask is that Nina did something similar yesterday, kept refusing the breast, so I gave her one bottle which satisfied her, and she's all breast again today. Also if you're upset/tense or AF has arrived, they do act funny if they're breastfed.
    It is hard when you're feeling down and you don't have the support of your friends. Unfortunately a lot of people don't know what to do or how to act when someone they know is depressed, so they exclude them. Have you met anyone from your mothers group that you could get to know more?
    Again, great to hear you're doing well and hope 2007 is a better year for you.

ETA: Just looked at your pics and Julia is just gorgeous!!

Hey Jodi,

Thanks for your post, it has happened a few times, a few things too, she wont breastfeed in public anymore its too noisy she will only feed at home twin position. Also if she is very hungry she wont take the breast she refuses it. Last month when I got AF she refused the breast too, AF not due til next week so I dont know what it is this time? My mothers group is good, there are some really nice girls there and we meet up weekly so thats really good. Glad you liked the pics, have taken more today must add them too! Thats good Nina is accepting the breast today.

For those who have had the 4 month needles how did the bubs go with them? did they get fever or vomiting? have to take Julia early next week to get them done and worried how she will go..

Bel
    xxx

Hi Girls... another nightmare day here, he just wont stop screaming. I have no idea what is going on but I'm really starting to get totally miserable with all of this. My gut instint is that he isn't sick - he's bursting with health, but surely teething can't be causing all of this???

I'm at a total loss as to what to do with him.

Ohhhh Anna mate...I really hope this lets up for you...is it a pain cry? Stinking teeth...
    I'm trying to think of what else it could be...could he have put something out of joint? Knew someone whose baby wouldn't settle and then they took their bub to an orthopaedic something or other and their bubs had put something out...although...maybe that was during birth, and I guess you'd have known about that by now
    If you're really not sure, could you take him to someone (dr, midwife) and see if they have any other ideas? I really really hope he settles down for you!

Hey Belle, great to see you! Apparently mum couldn't feed me in public, even when dad was around, I just got way too distracted mum had to go into a quiet room by herself - must have been sooo boring!
    When she's super hungry, do you have basketball breast? (my term for when it's too full for them to latch on properly) That confused me for awhile...poor Riv. Would Julia (beautiful thing that she is) drink EBM from a bottle do you think?

Anna why dont you give him some panadol,teething gel and a nice bath to relax him? Or go for a walk in the pram.

AnnaT.. thank you.. ive been told he looks like his dad

I have no idea what we'd call out next.. Jesse was the only name we could agree on.

Rach.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Wooooo!!
    thats great news about Jack's startling.. but try not to worry hun.. i know thats easier said than done though.

Maz.. oh so am i.. i wish Jess would hurry it along and sit up.. or even roll over.. he's on the verge but just not quite there yet. Love that pic in your ticker hehe

ambz.. woohoo for Savanna's mag mag cup!

Belle.. im gettings Jesse's 4 month needles done on Sunday morning.. last time he was fine during the day but come the evening he got a fever.. gave him panadol and it was gone.. then the next few days he was really crabby. My sister said that happened with her kids and she gave them panadol prior to the 4 month needles, so am going to try that this time... will let you know how he goes.

Anna**... aww poor thing.. is it hot out that way? Have you seen the doc? Does he have a temperature? My sister's second would go one like that all day and all night and they found out he ended up getting alot of ear infections due to the tube that goes from your ears to the back of your throat not being big enough so the gunk kept building up. Maybe a long shot though.. but might be worth a check up anyways. Poor Alex and poor mum. Maybe give him a little panadol?

Well.. all i can say is its bloody hot out western sydney way today. DH's commodore said it was 43 degrees out side when i was driving home :eek: Jesse's rolling around on the bed next to me with a cold washer in his mouth and in just a nappy, saying QUOTE: ahhhhh ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhh woooooooo ahhhhhhh.
    Jesse, i thought, was going through a phase where if someone other than me or DH would make eye contact with him he'd drop his lip and cry (the lip thing was cute though).. well it happened a few times with the inlaws and their friends at their place. Today i went and met up with my mum and sister and her kids and he smiled and laughed and gooed all day! I was kinda releaved as MIL was telling me i dont get out enough and should go to mothers group blah blah blah.. but hey i dont blame him crying when she looks at him.. i would too!

Anna - your turn to buy a nappy today hon. Vy's been the same. Have a look in Xanders mouth. Were Vy's bottom 2 front teeth are have gone flat and have dipped in a bit so I gather it her fooy teeth. 3 hours again today and its to hot to hold her. AHHHHHHH
    Nelle - sammi got me a purple berry plush from the chicky that runs weewun's. Oh and a fleece cover with elephants on it. happy dance!!!! its your fault you know...you and always going on about berry plush..*eyes rolling*...all your fault (well that's what im telling Jed)
    Caddie - kissing your @rse honey. OH I love fluffy mail, im so excited. hows ebay going? Ive put up some flat cloth nappies and Ive got 12 people now watching them, I cant get over it!
    Jodi - im wrapped that Vy's tken so well to solids. She absolutely hates custard but loves the vegie mixes and the fruit gelly. She tries to grab the spoon of me, its so funny. Worked out how to get rid of that link, its a little button on the tool bar when you edit your siggi
    Hello Belle honey!!!!!
    We're always here for you, even if some people dont recognise you or answer your posts. We love you mate. Im so happy that your come this far. Your gonna kick PN in the butt soon, and other people IFYKWIM
    Im so sick and tired of hearing my phone ring. I hate it. Im getting to the point that I hear it ring and I cringe. I cant always get to the phone, der have I baby, I child with a disability and a boy who need some time with muumy too, and then my fooy phone rings. I usuall just get Vy down and it rings and wakes her. AHHHHH. If I cant get to it, the p.rick on the other end hangs up on the answering machine. How the hell can i call back when no-one leaves a message...no they just call again 10 mins later...then again 10 mins later...AH it is starting to peve me and im going to have to take my phone of the hook soon. Ive already turned my mobil of cause people were ringing that cause they couldn't get me on the home phone.I just dont have the time to sit and talk $hit all day. God, some people just dont understand. AHHH that's my vent sorry girls I needed that.
    Better go and bake some choc muffins - yes im baking in this stupid heat but have airconditioner and 2 little boys that need some mummy time.
    later chickens
    xxmaz

Hi all,
    finally bought Ash a sippy cup, got heinz one where I can remove the non spill valve if I need to and just bought a pack of 6 sachets of formula to try out on her as well as trying EBM in it. Will test it out tomor night when this EBM defrosts.

Anna- Hugs to you. Don't know what advice to offer you. As someone suggested maybe go to yr health nurse for a check up and even if there is nothing medically wrong might be good for you to talk to an expert and see what she can offer? Will he take a bottle or cup of EBM just so you can have time out or could you go out between feeds just to get a couple hours break?

Ohh i forgot to say.. i bought some Bonjella today.. am going to give it a wurl. Also bought a teething dummy. Has anyone tried those? It has like a rubber bit that they can bit on and is in the shape of a dummy. I found all the teethers ive bought Jess are too big for his mouth and he keeps dropping them.. maybe this might work a little better.

belle - Nina's 4 month needles went great, didn't even affect her. By the time we'd left the doctors she was all smiles again.
    I can't feed Nina in public either, she's very fussy and only likes to feed while laying on a pillow while on my lap

anna** - it could be teething, heat or both. Have you tried giving him a nice cool bath, worked for Nina yesterday and today. As shell said, try giving him some EBM so you're not exhausting yourself out. If all else fails, ring hubby or your mum or someone for them to come home and take him off your hands for some time.

maz - Nina hates anything in a jar! I have to make it all up. She's such a stubborn fuss pot

kellxx - I tried one of those teething dummies, some of the girls here recommended it for me, but Nina hates it! Again, she's a stubborn fuss pot.

hey girls,

just popped on before i went out to do shopping.

hope you all have a good night and all the babies behave for there mummies.

mine arent so everyone else better lol.

catch you all later

adele

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast