Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #24

Lost your car? how dumn and incompitant is that!
    bbl ruby eating hands and choking!

adele - how can they lose a car?? Stupid I say!

i dont know how they have lose my car they are trying to look into that part of the details. so far i have found out they havent had it on there books.

Stupid hey.

AnnaT.. Aww poor Jett's head.. yeh it could possibly be why, might have a headache.
    Jesse loves the Beatles.. probably cos thats all we play but he loves the boppy music.. songs like "Love Me Do" or "She loves you" or "Yellow Submarine".

I sing to Jesse on the way to the bathroom for his bath "Jesse's gonna have himself a bath toooodayyyy" or when im wheeling his change table into the bathroom i say "chugga chugga chugga chugga, toooo toooot!" over and over and it always gets him going and excited.. then when i get him down to his nappy ill say "are you ready are you ready are you ready" really fast and he always giggles too.. so i think if you can try and make it seem like a fun event, that may help?

Nessa.. lol i can only imagine what it could look like.. does it have the body shape of the Blue Healer? You have to treat yourself every now and then.. and hey it was only nuts.. not like it was a chocolate bar (not trying to give you any ideas or anything!)

Shellbell.. ah ok.. will definately check that out.. fertility friend.
    Hope you had fun at mums group I still have to join one.

Jodi..i think we have the same bath seat thing for Jess as you have for Nina. He always puts his feet down and pushes his bum out of it. Will try him tonight in the bath with the little water, but i have a feeling he'll try and roll like Nina.. thats all he ever does when he's on his back!

Aboll... what?? Theyve lost your car?? Who loses a car!?

Caddie.. Jess does that all the time.. sticks his hand in his mouth as far as he can and then starts gagging! Youd think theyd learn the first time!

Hi Belle, Chrissy and all those other sexy mummas out there.

Well Jess hasnt been too bad today.. had a nic elong sleep (with a couple of wake ups) between 9.45am-1.30pm. He's playing on his bouncer atm.. he hasnt liked being in it since he was about 10 weeks old.. he seems happy enough so far.
    Not much else to report..

Back later..

kel - we have the same bouncer too lol I'm gonna get her the seat thingy and see how that goes. I think they're only about $20/$30??

Nina's been a great sleeper today, had a 1.5 hour sleep in the morning, then a 2.5 hour sleep at lunch. Can't complain with that. Just had a girlfriend over who has a 9 month old and he's crawling, so I got to see what I need to put away to baby-proof the house. Only came across 2 things. I'll invite my other girlfriend Jen over who's bub is way more active than this 8 month old and see what she gets into!!

hi ya girls just wanted to say hello and thank you all for thinking of me. Its helps heaps. MAW to you all!
    I'll be back on soon, just had a really bad afternoon.
    xxmaz

hey girls,

they have found it. they forgot to let the insurance company know it was getting moved to the spraying yard dumb arses. so i should get it back monday hopefully.

Hi Maz! Was there ever a character called Hoppity Cass? Or am I making that up? Cos I want to call you Hoppity Maz....should I stop talking out my butt?

Yay that they found your car Adele! It did sound a bit bizzare, losing a car! Though, I've done that in parking lots before!

Ohhh Jodi, baby proofing our place is going to be a Nightmare with a capital N!! We have cords and stuff everywhere!

Well, I just had a glass of Ural and I'm drinking a Super Slurpee cos I've given myself the start of a urinary tract infection from not drinking enough - my bad. I'm rather annoyed at myself Hopefully I'm catching it before it gets bad.

Mum just looked after Riv while Rans and I did some shopping - she said she got giggles from River! The only time I've heard him giggle is once when she was playing with him. She gets them all the time apparently! So Rans and I are on a mission to make him giggle now!

Helloooooo to everyone else! xo

Jodi.. you must have great taste! I bought Jesse a seat thingy from Target for $20 (i think it was on sale at the time though) and it came with a heap of other bath toys.

Tried him laying down tonight in the bath and he didnt mind it, still liked kicking around and all, but i found it harder to wash him as in his lie down seat thing he's in deeper water.. so think will just continue with that, he still loves it.
    Jess has no problems going to sleep tonight.. in fact he was asleep before the end of Home and Away!! He usually doesnt go to sleep before 8pm.

Has anyone ever had the problem with their bubs that they cry when certain people look at them? Jesse started this on Christmas Day at the Inlaws and now does it whenever they come over or we go there. I thought he may just be going through a thing that if anyone other than me or DH look at him he cries.. but he was fine with my mum, sister and her kids, my friend and her kids, and my other friend... all of which he doesnt see as much as the inlaws.. they come around usually once a week and each time he goes through that. MIL told me today that i dont take him out enough.. BLAH to her.. i do! (an whats it any of her business) I told her that he was fine with everyone else, she said maybe he just doesnt like us (i felt like saying yeh i dont blame him!)

Jodi/Nelle.. i so here ya with the baby proofing! We have 3 bookshelves in our Living area, 2 with DVDs in them the other books! Was thinking of getting something to put across the lower half of them, like a gate or something. Then will need another to block of the kitchen.. and theyre not cheap either!

Nelle.. Thats great your mum is near by to look after River for you. I wish mine was. MIL is only 5 mins away but theres no way in this world im leaving him with her.. she'd probably give him some alcohol to stop him crying (supposibly she did that with DH!)

Maz.. hey hope everythings ok

Thats all for now.

xx

Hey Kel, just a thought - do you tense up or something when the inlaws are around? Perhaps Jesse senses you're not comfortable/cool with them and the tension makes him cry?
    Or are they unusually ugly?
    River smiles at most people when they have a chat to him, it just differs, some he'll do that open mouth 'i'm delighted with you' smile, and others he does that shy smile at his feet - he even does that with us sometimes! It's super cute.

Rans is running River a bath in the big bath - it'll be the first time Rans has given him a bath like that! Actually, sounds like it's been running for awhile...might go make sure he knows what I mean...xo

Yeh i was wondering if he could sense any vibes of me.. i try and be as nice as possible though to keep the peace and Jesse's sake. I really like my FIL, just the MIL makes me so mad sometimes.. but i just continue to bite my tongue with her. Not sure what else i should do or could do though. But today he was playing in his bouncer and they came in, i was on the otherside of the room and he dropped his lip at them and cried. What my mum said it may be and i kinda agree is that they pounce on him as soon as theyre in the room with out letting him get use to them being there for a second. There's been times when MIL has come over and id been changing Jesse and she'd try to grab him before id done his pants up.. and thats how she's always been.. as soon as she gets here or we go there she grabs him from me without letting him get use to the scenery first. But i dunno what to say to her about it.. as she'll just turn it into me being against her. Tis an endless battle.

Oooww go River!! Splash splash splash!!! Kick those legs!!

We took Nina in the pool this afternoon for over an hour and she wasn't showing any signs of wanting to get out either, she was loving it! Decided to have a shower with her tonight as she had such a long swim but geez she's getting heavy to hold in the shower now. Definitely going to buy a seat thingy for the bath.
    She was sound asleep by 6.15 tonight and haven't heard boo from her yet (8.20 here).

kel - by the sounds of it, I reckon your mum is right. MIL needs to back off a bit when first entering the room. Nina reacts that way when she's startled too. Dunno what you can say to her though, maybe just say 'oh I think he's a bit startled' or something.

nelle - how'd River go in the big bath. When I sit Nina up in the bath I always say to her 'you're a big girl now' and she'll always giggle!!
    oh, and you've got me hooked on slurpees too! I love em! Especially the ones from Maccas mmmm yum!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashleigh usually stares at new people with an uncertain look trying to sus them out and if she likes them she'll give them big smiles. She's usually good with most people though, doesn't mind being passed around.

Kell- I have to bite my tongue around my MIL too, some of the things that come out of her mouth **** me off and alot of her stories and advice change from one time to the next!

Okay I'm off to bed now... so tired! Ash better not wake hourly again, she went down finally by 8:20 then was crying at 9, hopefully thats it now.

Hi girls I havent been around as Julia had her 4 month shots today and she has been very grizzly all day.

MAZ - God woman I hope you are ok, Im so sorry to hear about your broken toe honey I have been busy this arvo with Julia but please take care mate I am thinking of you...

Hello to everyone I will read posts tomorrow morning and post personals, I have to get some sleep now otherwise I will be a very grumpy mummy tomorrow.

Bel
    xxx

update on babies lets all do it

Babies Name: Jack Robert
    weight: 7420grms (16 1/2lb)
    height: 64.5cm
    HC: 42.5

What size are they wearing now?
    Diapers: crawlers 7-11kg and has been for a while now
    Shoes: socks I 6-18mths size
    Clothes: 00 and some 0 he does still wear a few 000 rompers and a few 0000singlets which I think is so funny as other brands he has outgrown 00

What about feedings?
    Bottles: How Much/How Often? 6 bottles a day approx 4-6oz at least 2 are now 6oz but the rest are 4oz
    BFing: How often?
    Solids yet?
    what have you tried?
    What was a Hit? a Miss?

Sleeping - Naps
    Where? floor cot, depends where we are
    How long?cat naps now 4-5 1/2 naps a day occassionally we get a 2 hr one in

Sleeping - Overnight
    Where? own room (has been from day 1) moved into cot from bassinet 10th Jan
    How Long? goes down around 8pm at night and sleeps for 12-13 hours very rarely is it less

Paci or thumb sucker? thumb sucker all the way, its his signal he is ready for sleep

Milestones:
    Rolling?
    Sitting?
    Teeth?
    Scooting/crawling?

Favorites:
    Toy (hand held)?
    Person?mummy for sure
    Activity (exersaucer, kick and drive, etc.)?bounce bounce

How are you feeling/adjusting? great so great in fact we are TTC #2

Anything else you want to add? I never knew you could live with your heart outside of you, Jack is my entire world, I dont think I have smiled as much in my entire life as I have the last 4 mths

Babies Name: Nina Mae
    weight: 7500grms (16 1/2lb)
    height: 66 cm
    HC: 43 cm

Diapers: crawlers 7-11kg and has been for a while now
    Shoes: socks I 6-18mths size
    Clothes: 0

What about feedings?
    BFing: How often? every 3 hours (roughly) during the day, twice at night
    Solids yet? did start, but have stopped for various reasons and will start again at 6 months
    what have you tried? yep
    What was a Hit? a Miss?

Sleeping - Naps
    Where? cot mostly
    How long? 1 x 1.5 & 1 x 2 hours

Sleeping - Overnight
    Where? cot
    How Long? goes down around 68pm at night and sleeps for 12 hours with 2 feeds in between

Paci or thumb sucker? both

Milestones:
    Rolling? yep
    Sitting? yep
    Teeth? not yet, teething though
    Scooting/crawling? can shuffle while on tummy

Favorites:
    Toy (hand held)? duck teddy
    Person? mum
    Activity (exersaucer, kick and drive, etc.)? kicking anything and everything!

Ok, I'll do my personals first, then do Rachs' 100 Q's thing...

Belle - Sending lots of belly raspberries to little Julia to make her smile. I hope tomorrow is a better day for her.

Nelle - I can't remember, did you wind up getting Riv's jabs done in the end? How did Riv like the big bath? Hope you drank enough water to scare away that UTI. Ouch.

Jodi - Swimming always makes them so tired, thankfully Perth is finally going to see some warm weather so I can take Xander into the spa for a splash.

Kellxx - Xander does the occasional cry at someone he knows thing, I don't worry about it as it's just a developmental thing (apparently). I'm another that has to bite my tongue around the MIL.

Adele - That is just way weird about your car.

Maz - Mwahhhh right back at ya. I hope everything is ok.

OK, baby update thing - here goes... (I hope this sorta thing doesn't upset the mods, please remove if it's too long)
    Babies Name: Alexander Siegfried
    weight: 7380grams
    height: Dunno
    HC: Big - wouldn't wanna birth it now!

Diapers: Diapers in Australia???? Anyways, my boy wears' cloth nappies.
    Shoes: Size 2/3
    Clothes: 00 & 0

What about feedings?
    Bottles: How Much/How Often? None
    BFing: Roughly 3 hourly during the day, 2 night feeds.
    Solids yet? Yes, not much tho
    what have you tried? Only rice cereal mixed wtih EBM till 6 months
    What was a Hit? He loves the rice cereal

Sleeping - Naps
    Where? Cot, Pram, Sling, Car Seat
    How long? 3x Day naps

Sleeping - Overnight
    Where? Cot in his own room
    How Long? Goes down between 6.30 - 8pm, and will wake for 2 feeds, wakes around 6am

Paci or thumb sucker? Dummy, hand, blanket, toys

Milestones:
    Rolling? from tummy to back @ 11 weeks, from back to tummy TODAY!
    Sitting?
    Teeth?
    Scooting/crawling?

Favorites:
    Toy (hand held)? His Moo Cow
    Person? BOOBIE!!! (aka Mummy)
    Activity (exersaucer, kick and drive, etc.)? I prefer to play games that involve singing/reading etc

How are you feeling/adjusting? Loving being a Mum.

Babies Name: Jett Ryan Andrew
    weight: 7.6kgs
    height: (havent been to MCHN yet)
    HC: (havent been to MCHN yet)

Diapers: crawlers 7-11kg
    Shoes: 6-18mths size
    Clothes: 00 and some 0

What about feedings?
    Bottles: How Much/How Often? 210ml about 6 times a day, also drinks water
    Solids yet? We are on hold atm as he has been having reflux problems but usually half a jar of something a day
    what have you tried? Apples, rice cereal, the actual dinner foods
    What was a Hit? a Miss? Everything was a hit!

Sleeping - Naps
    Where? Cot
    How long? mostly 20-60 min once or twice a day but occasionally he can go 3 or 4 hours at a time

Sleeping - Overnight
    Where? own room in cot
    How Long? goes down around 10:30pm and sleeps til 7:30-8am
    Paci or thumb sucker? none

Milestones:
    Rolling? Has been roolling both ways for a few weeks now
    Sitting? He tries to sit himself up, esp lying on Mama or the couch but he cant quite get there yet
    Teeth? None showing up yet but we are teething
    Scooting/crawling? He does both, scooting and commando crawling. He has started drawing his knee's up underneath him when he has tummy time
    Talking? Well he makes all sorts of sounds, only says "MAMAAAAA" when he's upset atm. We think he tries to mimic us saying I love you. He's quite vocal when he hasnt got his hands in his mouth. He'll talk to anyone or anything!

Favorites:
    Toy (hand held)? probably his stuffed toy shark "Sharkie"
    Person? Mama all the way!
    Activity (exersaucer, kick and drive, etc.)? His playmat or singing and dancing with Mama, cracks him up

How are you feeling/adjusting? Its great overall, there are tiny things like the not napping but it isnt a big deal. I love being a Mama!

Anything else you want to add? We are TTC #2
    Last edited by Freya; January 24th, 2007 at 08:53 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast