Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #44

Its raining and cold my way.. just the way i like it!!

hot hot here dry and hot

hey what time is msn chat sat nite ???

when do we stop steralizing everything? eg bottles??? I so cant remember $hit at the moment
    Nessa- what a huge post.
    Rach - hi ya honey - I think the chat is on about 7 or 8??? did we make a time??? 8 is better for me.
    Sharleen - I cant wait to tell you when Im UTD again matie - hope its soon

Jodi - um its only a weak link between this bacteria and m/c which to me means that they cant directly and fully say it caused the m/c but in studying it they did find instance of m/c. If that makes sense. Considering Ive already had 4 m/c I figure my odds are high for another one either way right? A friend on another site researched the drug and found something saying you cant get pregnant for 1 week after taking the doxy. Well I'd be lucky if Im 7dpo one week after taking the doxy which isnt even implantation time soooooooooooo we might still be ok.

Its driving me insane.

Maz - Im only sterilising Jetts bottles once a week now.

Im still sterilizing bottles and dummies too.. they say to stop at 12 months but who knows... who knows!

WE CAN STILL TTC!

OBGYN rang back, we're still cool to TTC even on the meds because they only pose a risk to an embryo developing bones and teeth which doesnt happen til end of first trimester!

I am so freakin happy! Cross your fingers ladies - I want a baby........hmm babies

Thats great AnnaT! is today ovulation day!! Jump hubbys bones tonight!

You make it sound so romantic Annie

My Mei Tai sling came in the mail today! So I can have a shower now (didn't have one cos I was scared of missing the postie - who just put it in my mailbox anyway).

YAY AnnaT - totally wrapped for you hon. fingers and flaps crossed and get that whip out honey
    Nelle - i ha visions of you in the shower with the sling on until I read the rest of your post PMSL
    thanks to girls for answering my question about sterilization. I think I'll put my steralizer away until number 4 arrives now.

Yeah for your mail Nelle.. will look at your website this arfternoon Nessa!

I have a feeling Jesse is going to be a drummer! All he ever does is bang things!! He discovered that the lid from his FP shape cookie jar, when you thow it down on the tiles makes a big banging sound! Now he's lying on the floor kicking the tv cabinet doors cos it makes a banging noise! All he does is bang things and kick things and when they make a good bang he just keeps going. Heres me hoping hes going to be a guitarist as i have 2 guitars to hand down.. ah well maybe #2 will

well CH went ok Jack hasn't put on much weight but he is still a big boy only 8720grm so just under a 200grm gain for the month he was putting that on a week before, but he is way more active now but still he has gainded 1.5cm so is now 71.5cm

didn't like the CHN she was a fill in and very overtop in going on about people have too many visits and as long as babies are happy active etc their weight doesn't matter *rolleyes* I like knowing Jack is gaining weight he is and always has been a small milk drinker so it is comforting to know he is gaining weight

anyway quick ?? she was going on about introducing meats and stuff he has only been on solids since the 1st April isn't that rushing it a bit also wants me to try and get him into a breakfast/lunch/dinner routine I dont know does this sound a bit too much for a baby who has been on solids only just over 3 weeks, I mean he is a great sleeper 9-13 hours depending on his mood overnight some days he has 3-4 40min naps other fday just 1 or sometimes a 2 hr nap so its not like he is up all night hungry please someone give me some advice

ok am gone

oh before I forget finally got to watch BB07 from last night and sorry to say it kinda sucked big time

rach - follow your gut with the feeding routine. Sounds like the woman was a text book mummy, god I hate them. Ignore her, you know whats best for your little man. Has he become more active in the last month??? Crawling around more? He'd be burning up alot of store so to speak if he is honey.
    Ness - NO WAY!!! how rude of the chick. Tell her to go to block buster or somewere and hire the buggers if she's going to do that. $600 worth of DVD's is a lot to lend to some one if your gonna get a) nothing in return b) possible scratches on your DVD's c) in the pooh big time if it comes back that you lent her the DVD"s in the first place d) what happens if you DONT get your DVD's back???

thanks Nessa and Maz

Nessa I dont think it was over the top if she was just going to burn to keep maybe but not to sell, that brings you in on the criminal act, now way you did the right thing

Maz, yes Jack is a lot more active he is movign a lot more and having less down time I'm not overly concerned about his weight gain he has been 75% for so long I think a little drop wont hurt, he was 75 % for everything is now maybe 70% weight the rest still 75% so no biggie, it was mainly the amount of food she seemed to want me to give him thats was like *woah* up he has only been on it 3 weeks

and e) it's illegal. Anyone who pirates does illegal stuff (and yes I still have Maz's burnt copy of Music for Dreaming which I really am intending to buy properly when I remember!), but people who pirate and then SELL can go to prison - seriously. Authorities don't go after average pirating Joe, but they look for the people who burn and sell. Don't be part of it Ness.

It's confusing isn't it Rach! Riv's still on one solids feed in the arvo, and I'm wondering when to introduce another feed! I have no idea! What are other people's food routines! I kinda don't want him not to need my milk, should I add some solids in with his lunchtime milk too? Just do what you think he's ready for.

Ness - big FAT NO WAY - ILLEGAL!!! sorry to yell !

Ok, our food/milk/sleep routine is this on most days
    ( times are rough, no way alexander wakes up at 6.30am every day.. somtimes its 5.30!)

6 .30 - wakes, booby, up for around 2 hours
    8.30-10.30 wakes, booby, brunch - normally farex with fruit .
    10.30-12.30 awake for around 2 hours or until tired
    12.30-4pm sleeps
    4.00-6.30 wakes, booby, food ( maybe veges or some banana)
    6.30 bath time and cuddles
    7.30 last booby for the night and bed
    Then if i cam lucky he wont wake until another feed around 10.30.. then he will wake again around 3am..
    Sometimes if he is unsettled i will give him some more food.. i normally feed him booby first.
    Last edited by ~Flossie~; April 24th, 2007 at 03:11 PM.

Rach- Just go about things in your own time, take it slow. We haven't really tried Ash with meat yet, she has tried beef in the jar but thats it. We're still trying fruits and vegies and will get to that when we want to.
    How much is he eating per sitting? If hes still not having all that much I don't think you need to rush into 3 meals/ day as yet.
    Oh and with the weight I know they can slow down in their gain as they get older so don't be concerned.

Nessa- tell her for $600 she can copy them all! Lol.

Kell- Lol, they love banging things don't they, hurts though when she bangs me with something!

AnnaT- Thats great news! Go jump Ryan now, lol.

Seems like by the end of the year most of people in here are gonna be TTC! At the moment I am just too tired to even contemplate another!

Although Ashleigh is starting to settle better and sleep longer at night, since she is eating more solids she seems to be getting into more of a pattern/ routine and has cut down to 2 sleeps, although when she decides to just cat nap for those she gets grumpy cause then its too long in evenings til bedtime.

ETA: Nelle- Ash still has plenty boobies and 3 solids/ day, usually I'll give solids bout 45mins-1hr after breast feed. It varies, I usually try give solids at 9am, 1pm and 5-5:30pm and booby wherever it fits in cause she'll feed 3 hourly roughly, sometimes can go longer and occasionally wants it sooner.
    Last edited by shellbell3; April 24th, 2007 at 03:18 PM.

Ness.. no way.. i wouldnt.. it is illegal and you both can get in trouble if youre caught out.

Rach.. do what suits you. Every baby is different. With Jesse we started with breakfast then after a week did dinner.. he then didnt start the 3rd meal until a month after he first started. I think when he was on them for a month also we gave him some meats.. but they were all the jar ones. He's had beef, chicken (loooves chicken!) and Lamb.. but the lamb caused him to be constipated (lamb is very rich) so we havent tried that again yet. But do what makes you feel comfortable. With the weight gain.. Jesse is heavier but in the last just under a month has only put on 20grams. He is 10kgs now, but is also crawling.. so like Maz said, is burning off the fat that way too. And you can go to the clinic as often as you like, thats what theyre for! She just sounds like a lazy a$$ and obviously didnt want to do any work today. In the end, you are the mummy and its your choice how you do things, nothing you do is the wrong way.

Nelle.. our routine is:

7am.. bottle
    8.30-9am.. breakfast (either rice or mixed cereal made with formula and fruit puree for flavour)
    9.30am.. nap
    11am.. (or whenever he wakes if later) Bottle
    1pm.. lunch (yogurt & some toast or arrowroot biscuit .. if we're out one of those golden valley fruit purees)
    3pm.. bottle, then nap
    5.30-6pm.. dinner (jar stuff as hes a fussy boy and wont eat mummy's cooked food)
    6pm.. (or after dinner) bath
    7pm.. bottle , book, bed.

Cos ive cut him down to 4 bottles he still just has them ever 4 hours or so.. rather than at each meal time. When i cut him down to 3 bottles, he'll have one when he wakes, after lunch and then one before bed.

But on introducing another meal.. if he's going good guns on his one meal now and is happy with it, then just try another at a different time. Remember all new tastes he may screw his face up, they just need some time to get use to them.. guess its really just trial and error for both of you. If it doesnt agree with him, then hold off for a week or so and try again later.

Shell.. Ash's twin Jesse has done the same with the sleep times. He use to have 3 but has cut back himself to a morning and afternoon nap. Id just been going on when he looked tired and that seems to be suiting him. Ive been finding hes getting a better nap now too and sleeps anywhere from 1 hour to 2.5 hours, whereas before he'd only nap for about half an hour. Oh they do with the banging! Hehe as long as theyre happy
    Last edited by ShootingStar; April 24th, 2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Shell

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast