Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #44

thanks everyone, Jack is on 2 small meals well really tastes a day, he was having a fruit puree and a vegie feed a day

today he had farex with a little apple/mango puree in it after his first bottle

tried him on broccoli at around 1pm but wasn't interested, and to be honest me thinks he hates it, it is very boring alone, so am going to mix it with carrot tonight

he has carrot or sweet poatato will take around 4 TBL at a time, farex about 4 tsp mixed with water, fruit purees around 2 TBL, he also has had a rusk the last few days so I *dunno* god why dont they tell you bout how hard this is when ya have a baby, like I have read dont give mince, unless you mince your own, or sausages as there is no real nutritional value in them, then CHN was saying mix some gravy in with his vegies WTF!!! I dont know I think I will just keep going the way we are, I will try to get to bilo to go to wollies and have a look at the organic range for custards or something like that

thanks again girls, well best bust a move and try to do floors I am so tired and Jack has been a bit full on today with wanting me *sigh*

Nessa - No way would I be lending them to her... it's naughty enough if she wanted to copy them for her own personal use, but to sell? That's very wrong.

Rach - You are his mummy and you have to trust your instincts on what is right for your boy... there is so much conflicting info out there! Soooo... politely take all advice on offer, and then use what bits you like the sound of. ETA: I posted a banana custard recipe not long ago in this thread. So easy to make and cheaper than buying jars of it.

Xander has just started something that resembles a bit of a pattern in his day (after wanting bb every 90mins for over 6 months!). ROughly it goes something like this (I said roughly - this isn't a routine)
    5am - BOOBIEEEEEEE time (sometimes he'll go back to sleep after this)
    8am - Top up boobie and breakfast
    9am - Nap
    11.30am - More boobie
    12noon - Lunch
    1pm - Nap
    3pm - 150mL formula
    5.30pm - More boobie
    6pm - Dinner then bathtime
    6.30pm - Top up boobie
    7pm Bedtime
    He wakes during the night, but can usually get away with just offering water.

AnnaT - Woo hooooo about the go ahead to ttc. Good luck!

Maz - I stopped sterilising when Xander reached 6 months, just use hot soapy water or dishwasher now. How are things at your place today? Hopefully settled down a bit now?

Shell - Really great news that Ash is starting to sleep better at night now.

OH... news on Xander. I was right, knew I should trust my instincts. Took him to the doctors today, he's got an ear infection... no wonder he has been so miserable. Hopefully the antibiotics will work fast.
    Last edited by Anna**; April 24th, 2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Rach

Rach.. you sound like youre doing an alright job as it is to me. Its all just trial and error. I know i wish they told me or warned me how hard the foods would be.. but thank gawd i have the girls on this forum. Im going to PM you a few links that someone sent me to website about solids. Ive found then really helpful. The first one has pictures so i think that helps alot too.

Anna**.. aww poor Xander. Hope he gets better soon.

checked out the pages Kelly thanks a lot

I think I will just stick with what I am happy with for now, I am very padantic about added sugars and salt etc, am doing all his vegies from fresh produce, and fruits etc are the organic baby food varieties, really not that much more $$ than normal bubs food, but has no additives etc, I also like they dont have gluten etc, I think if I was to cut gluten out of my diet I would be a lot healthier but well I love my pasta and white bread

anyway I feel better after reading your replies, I tried to bring it upo at mums group but well that was a bust *sigh*

ok best go Jack is donw for a nap he has been so full on this arvie, just wanting me to be with him, so when I did floors popped him in the walker and he chased me while I vacumed LOL the whole time

ok best go fix dinner having meatballs tonight so should do it while Jack is napping
    Last edited by Rach75; April 24th, 2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: wrong emotican code

Kell - Can you send me that info too? bikergrrl79 @ hotmail.com (no spaces)

annat - that's great news you can still keep trying! You must feel so relieved now.

anna** - the antibiotics should clear the infection up in a couple of days. Nina has had 2 ear infections so far, and both times they've cleared up within days.

maz - I do the same as anna with the sterilizing (thanks to anna telling me you can do that ) I figure nina eats everything off the floor anyway.

ok, i have you tubed alexander crawling !

so i have made a new website so you can see it!
    http://www.babiesonline.com/members/...p?be=a/alexoly
    password : olivia

aaawwww that is so cute! You can do it Alexander!!

Anna**.. email sent I found the first one the best when making the solids a bit chunkier as it has pictures.

Annie.. gonna go watch the crawling video now!

Jess is still awake in his cot.. he hasnt been awake later than 8pm for months. Am thinking his teeth are bothering him.. poor bubba.

Oh Annie.. How cute is Alexander!! What a clever boy!!!

kell- Could you send it to me too please? I'm having those worries you had bout starting on chunkier food.

Anna**- Isn't it great they aren't booby monsters as often now! Before solids Ash was every 2 hours or less some times, hard to get a break.

This arvo Ashleigh actually slept for nearly 1.5 hours, yet she was still grizzly tonight. Df is at parent-teacher so of course Ash had to be grizzly and clingy all evening. So was quite hard to try get myself something to eat and prepare her food, do dishes. At least now she is asleep and I can relax, top model on tonight, yay.

Shell.. sent! I found over cooking rice and mushing it a little and then mixing that into his usual jar food the best thing. That way he was already use to the flavours and i just gradually increased the amount of rice i put in. Now he has the 7-9 month jars (though some chunks i mash a little as theyre quite big!). But dont stress to much if she coughs and gags the first few days.. he did that too.. think its just the texture. i then started giving him some vegemite toast. But would just break off little bits and put it in his mouth, otherwise if i gave him soldiers he'd shove the whole thing in. Also found that if i was eating it too, he would watch me chew it and then chew it aswell. But just do it gradually.. im getting more use to it now and he's ok at trying different things.. but found that rice thing the ice breaker.

Shelley79 Guest

Man I go away for a day and I miss 3 pages. I'm going to go through and read. How does everyone keep up.

Kell - Thanks for those links... it's good to know I'm on track with Xanders' solids. He eating stuff halfway between the lumpier stuff and the finger food pictures.

Shell - Tis good not feeling so much like a walking milk bar these days. Still, when all else fails I still rely on boobie to make it better!

Poor little man of mine must be crook, he barely touched any food today.

Anna**- So true Anna, esp when they are unwell booby makes world of difference, one lady said once "if in doubt, throw the boob out" Lol. I hope he has a better night now that hes started the AB's, its just awful when they are sick.

Shelley- The best way i keep up is just coming on and reading any time I walk past the computer so that way its just a couple posts at a time then when Ash is happily playing or asleep I can post.

Kellxx- thanks for sending those Kell, good idea bout the rice, might try that first. i still might wait a couple weeks yet, I've just started getting her onto thicker purees which she is handling well so next step is some lumps.

Okay better go to bed soon, so tired am off to visit my nana tomor and catch up with mum and dad.

can someone send those to me too pretty please

Anna** - hope that Alexander gets better soon.. so hard when they are sick

Awww Annie, he's gonna be fast soon! Had a giggle at him, love those hands slammin down on the carpet!

Hope everyone's having a great night - what do people have planned for their Anzac day? I've got a rehearsal in the morning for this song we're singing on Friday, and then in the arvo I *think* we're headed to the inlaws.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast