Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #47

Well I thought our night was going to be bad but went well, Ash had feed at 11:15 then decided half hour later to cry unless she was being held, the sec we picked her up she stopped, put her down straight away cry, so I thought I'd leave her for 5- 10 mins and she went off to sleep and slept til 6am!

No time for personals this morning gotta get ready for a day of shopping with my sister.

Did you girls hear bout the guy that fondled some poor ladies breast while she was BFing in parents room at a shopping centre?! I'll be thinking twice now bout using them.

yep Nessa the countdown begins

Shell yeah I read the thread on here, the quoted news report was abit funny, it says he engaged her in conversation then reached down placed his hand on her breast, the man then left a short time later, firstly sorry I feel bad for the woman, but why the hell didn't she yell scream or something, it could be the way it was written but he left a short time later

also please dont bite my head off but if a stranger (man) opened the curtain in a parents room while you were b/f would you not cover yourself up

Rach, if you're bfing, you are covered up, by the baby, if her baby was anything like mine, you'd end up exposing your self pulling them off, and if you tried to cover the baby up it'd pull off anyway. They caught him anyway, and it's a pretty rare occurrence, I've never heard of it happening before - they have pretty good security with cameras and stuff, which is probably how the guy got caught!

YAY!! Shell!! and Ash!! On your good night's sleep! River often whinges a few minutes after we've put him to bed, after he realises that it's not 'play in bed' time, but 'go to sleep alone' time. I just look at the clock and tell myself I'll reassess in 5 mins, most times he's quiet by then, but if there's just the occasional yell, I'll wait another 5, by which he's always asleep. I'll go in if the cries become more intense, but that's rare. It's becoming rare for him to cry at all really (for more than 30sec), when we put him to bed now.

My empathy to those who had tough nights though - hope you can have a good coffee or something, and an early night tonight

I tried Riv's pants on him, they fit, but I reckon I've made them 000 instead of 00. Ah well. At least I didn't sew the legholes up or anything!

Ahhhh Ness, you couldn't be pg could you?

Nelle - yep, lron levels generally means you will bruise easily. The pants look great!!!

Shell - I never use the BF'ing cubicles anyway, I kinda look at it from the point of view that I wouldn't want to eat my lunch in a public toilet, so why would Xander?

Rach - Like Nelle said, the baby usually covers most of the boob anyway... but as I don' view BF'ing as a sexual thing, I don't feel the need to "cover up" like I am doing something dirty IYKWIM?

ok I didn't come across right what i mean if a stranger opened the privacy curtain would you really make conversation with the man anyway doesn't matter

man I have the worse headache Jack is being a bit funny today happy one minute cranky the next

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will upload a couple of scrap pics but they may not be up to what everyone else likes!
    Over here i have seen a program that you buy for 9.95 and then you do your photos on the program email the company and they make the coffee books.They were not real expensive.Must check them out next craft fair.
    Maz,that cover is fab!!! Your so good and nelle the pants are great too.We are becoming Crafty!!!!

Caddie - love your scrapbooking pages.. ill have to upload some of mine!
    Rach - i know what you mean.. if i was sitting in a curtained room and someone walked in i would cover myself up and not to hide my breast..it would be to stand up in defence,, to be able to protect myself.. and i dont use these rooms, they always smell funny!

Anna** - yes its my annivesary today... 5 years .. wonder what surprise ill get...illl also have to check out Target for the socks

Nelle - love the pants, they are too cute
    Nessa - hope that your body sorts itself out soon.. how bizarre!

ok, need to go and iron .. xoxo Anna
    oh, and i slept well last night, DH got up to Mr A and gave him some Formula. so i feel better having slept. not so cranky

Vixstar... Um HGW seems to have slowed down so im starting to take 2 a day now. Thats what they recommended anyways.. but the first few days of it ohh i was on fire! lol. Oh really, Penrith! We must do coffee!!!! Oh i know bout the weather! So strange! Though at night its still bloody freezing!!! And even more to come!

Anna**.. Jesse's doing better today.. his poos were still quite runny yesterday.. but seem a bit better today.

Caddie.. would love to see your pics of your scrapbooking!!

Maz.. hope youre doing ok chick.

annie - happy anniversary !!!!

bbl with more, gotta go and get some dinner

caddie, those scrapbook pages on your website look great.
    I found a scrapbook place nearby offering free beginner classes, I'm thinking of checking it out.

Saints playing tonight yay! made sure I dressed Ash in her saints outfit to bring good luck to the team. It'll be great if we buy a house in Morrabbin cause then I can go watch them train all the time.

Back now, had my dinner. I can't for the life of me remember what everyone has been saying.

shell - you going house hunting again this weekend?

nessa - wonder what's going on, do you think it might be too early to get a bfp and that's why it's neg? Did you buy your own mothers day present?

nelle - we do the same thing with Nina at night. Put her down, if she whinges we say 'she's fed, clean, had her play, it's bed time!' Normally she might only whinge for a couple of minutes tops, but most of the time she talks to herself then goes to sleep.

laurin - how are you going? Feeling better? How was Rylee today?

annat - did you get your results yet?

maz - how are you feeling, did you get another + or - ?

I apologise in advance for sp mistakes and general randomness of the following post - I am tired and upset:

Nope no b/t results. WHY? Because they are useless as tits on a bull here. The nurse couldnt understand why they werent back and promises me that anytime after 11am on Monday, if I call they will be there. Just got back from a bbq where my supposed "friend" with the baby same age as Jett completely ignored me all night. I knew something was up but when people started commenting to me about it after she left, well lets just say Im fricken sick of these "army" people (theyre really just civilians playing army having been in all of 5 bloody seconds) and Im fricken sick of this place. I want to go home to Sydney to my real friends and our old life. Plus Im tired, have heartburn, need to pee every 5 seconds and I feel sick. I did a HPT this arvo and think I can see a super faint "now you see me now you dont" line sooooooooo Im kicking myself for even bothering. Now Im depressed about that too.

Im going to go do some scrapbooking and watch Gilmours Girls so I can calm down enough to go to sleep.

BBT.

for anna. I can see how you would be angry and upset with that girl. Do you have any idea why she would have ignored you like that? How long is Ryan posted there for? When is your next move do you think? Are you able to get away for a couple of days back to Sydney to see everyone? (sorry, a million questions here!!)
    You've certainly got a few pg symptoms there. I don't know the side effects of clomid, and if they give you those pg symptoms, but I do hope it's not just a side effect from clomid, I think you're on the same cycle as me (if your bt results say so) so it might be too early to test yet. I'm waiting until mid next week before I test.
    And gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at the dr's not having your results in yet. I know it's going to be a very long weekend for you, but hang in there, you've got us to preoccupy your mind off it.
    Hope you enjoyed the scraping and Gilmore Girls, I haven't seen that show in years!!

AnnaT - big hugs, wonder why the women was so rude to you, why do people do things like that I dont know. I love Gilore girls, what season you watching? Hope it is an early BFP sign mate. Fingers crossed, you have the same cycle as me... I havent tested yet either...

Jodes - Clomid doesnt show any fake pregnancy symptoms.. so fingers crossed for Anna that its done its trick! Hows El Nino today? Julia wont stop talking.

Julia wont let me put her anywhere but in the bouncer so she can bounce herself and chat... oh well!! its funny to watch her legs going to get herself bouncing!!! Shes limboing off the bouncer.

Maz - hope you are feeling better.

Anna* - ta for the chat mate, Xander is so cute!!

BBL for more personals girls.

Bel
    xxx

Nessa.. how does Adam feel about the idea of more kids? Like i said, just sit on it for a week or so as you dont wanna jump the gun if all along you only wanted the 2.. if you still feel the same then then yeh perhaps tell him you want more kids and then maybe think about TTC again. Just make sure the time is right for you. :hugs:

AnnaT.. oh you poor chick :hugs: Would love for you to come back to Sydney! But i understand, i would been feeling the same. Im sorry youre having such a tough time atm. ANd that so called friend aint worth your heartache! Its her who is ruining it for the kids and for you.. shes the one who will lose out in the end. And and those results better bloody well be there on monday or ill have to send Maz down to stink em out.

Speaking of which..
    Maz.. are you ok honey? Hope youre just quiet cos you have been whisked away to come deserted island and are being hand fed grapes while you enjoy a wonderful foot massage from the best massuse in the world.

Shell.. i hope you took some photos of Ash in her Saints outfit!! Hows your FIL going with his chemo? Mine i think is kicking on. He said last time i saw him that his hair is starting to fall out.. and he just seemed so worn out. Hope when he goes back for his assessment that its good news.

Nothing new here.. am going to list some stuff on ebay tomorrow as i am sooo BROKE! Wish i would hurry up and win lotto!!!!!

Hope youre just quiet cos you have been whisked away to come deserted island and are being hand fed grapes while you enjoy a wonderful foot massage from the best massuse in the world.
    kel, that sounds soooo inviting, maz can I join you

nessa - ditto what kel said. Think about it for a while, and if you're still feeling this way in a couple of weeks, then maybe you're ready for # 3.

belle - hi honey. How are you going? Julia sounds like she's having fun in her bouncer! Nina is crawling around, saying bubba and da and has 2 teeth now!!

shell - I hope you did take a pic, that would have been so cute. We support Cowboys and I'm still trying to get a jersey for her. They have them in Best n Less here but are $60, and I've seen a few pop up on Ebay every now and then for much cheaper.

kel - what are you selling on ebay?

Well as I said to belle, Nina is crawling now!! She's trying to pull herself up everything and saying bubba and da. I'm still feeling yucky, hopefully it's a good sign. I'll test mid next week and you girls will be the very first people I tell.

Jodi - No no idea why she would ignore me like that unless Ive offended her which I find hard to believe and if I did it was unintentional. I think maybe her partner is behind it, he doesnt agree with the fact that a) I have a brain and use it, so I encourage her to use hers too; and b) I have just as much say in our life and decisions as Ry does. They (the boys) have nn me 'The Dragon' because if I dont agree with something Ry (or anyone else) is doing or if we've decided to leave early then they encourage Ry to stay I make my mind known. Ive encouraged J to be the same, she is a mother of almost two children under 1. SHE has as much right to make decisions about their life (ie how many babies and csections she will have - her partner wants her to have 5 or 6 children ) than her partner does. As a Military Wife you have to be strong and independent because how else would you cope with kids and no husband for weeks (or months) on end??
    We wont leave her til May 2008 at the earliest It could be as late as September before we move. I think once this Oct rolls around I will be enquiring as to what could possibly happen, esp if I have another baby (or two), I think I would rather leave Ry here for a few months and move up to Sydney quicker so I have some support. Nope going to Syd is a no-can-do as I have nowhere to stay (I refuse to stay with my mother). Doesnt matter anyway, the inlaws are coming in 6 weeks

Belle - thanks for the support! I think Foxtel is up to Season 5 of GG. I just loooooooove the show and watch it everynight. I want Ry to buy me the WHOLE series for my birthday. Too bad I wasnt in Sydney, we could catch up and have a GG marathon day!

Kell - OMG I'll sic Maz on them if they arent in by monday

Well Im feeling a tad bit better today. Rys going to have a word with J's partner about why she's been avoiding me and tell him that Im really upset after all the things Ive done for her I thought we were friends.
    As for today I have the day off! I didnt get a sleep in so this makes up for it. I must say there is a partner of one of the boys who is fabulous and we've become fast friends but she doesnt have children (but adores Jett) and works full time sooooo we're limited to when we see each other. We're actually going out to lunch and a movie today hence the day off And she has told Ry she is going to babysit Jett on Mothers Day so he can take me out for lunch!She's also going to be in the labour room when I have our next baby, she is sooooooo curious and excited to see a baby born so I offered my services hahahahaha I figure ease her in with a good short labour.

As for the POAS drama - well I think this is it ladies I did a test this morning (9dpo I think) with FMU and Im pretty sure I can see a line. I took pics, the links are in my sig, take a gander but Im sure none of you will see anything hehe Im going to test on Tuesday with my last test.

Im soooooooooooooo nervous.

ETA - Shell, I wana see pics of Ash in her jersey too! Jett has a Freo Dockers one, I think they looks so cute in mini-jerseys. We should dress them in them for our Melb meetup hehehehe

Hi lasies, I hope all of you are doing really well. I have read all of the posts, but sorry I cant remember them all.

Maz-Hun I hope that things are ok. You work so hard with your kids, plus you are the sept mummies nappy cover, taggy queen. I dont know how you manage it.

AnnaT-I hope that you get a bfp soon. I was like you and used to do the tests early. The month I found out I was preg with Eithan I got an early bfn, but then waited until 16dpo and got a faint bfp, so even though it is really hard to wait to test, to save the heartache it might be better to put off testing again for awhile. Goodluck.

Belle-Hiya hun, I hope that things are going well for you. How is Julia these days?

Nessa-I was laying in bed last night thinking of heaps of things that you can do with Teleah. Now she is not quite 3 right? Now anything I say, feel free to let go in one ear and out the other as everyone has their own way of raising their children.

*time out.
    When she is being naughty take her to her room and ask that she stays there until she can calm down. Dont shut the door or anything, but give her the chance to calm down and have her tanty where you cant see it (make sure there is nothing in the room that she can hurt herself with or on). Generally I had to pick up Bella while she was kicking and screaming and put her on her bed and she would come straight back out so I would pick her up and put her back again, this was a long process and I would perhaps have to do it a few times. In the end I would stand in the hallway and if she came out I would tell her that she hadnt calmed down and to go back in. This isnt full proof though and sometimes it would make her more worked up, in these circumstances I would go in and sit on her bed and ask her what was wrong. Usually after screaming for so long she was happy just to have me talk to her and we would chat and I would explain why I was unhappy and why she got into trouble in the first place, this may seem like to big a thing for a young child, however IMO the sooner you can talk to your child about each others feelings(nothing too complex) the better.

*toys-You mentioned that she is hurting Annika, is this over toys and things? If so maybe you can sit with her and her toys and have a discussion over which ones are suitable for Annika to play with and which ones are just for Teleah(perhaps ones that are not appropriate for a baby like small pieces etc). Let her know that it is the nice thing to share, but it is ok for her to have her own toys that she doesnt share because they can hurt Annika. Let her know that if she has a problem with Annika taking one of her toys, to yell out to mummy to let her know that Annika has got a hold of one. Swiftly come in and check the situation and assess it and look at taking the toy off Annika and asking Teleah if she has another toy that she can play with. That way even though Teleah is getting her toy back, she is also learning to share by giving her a substitute. Again it is not going to be this clear-cut as sometimes Teleah like any child will just want the toy because Annika has it. In these circumstances perhaps try and explain to her that Annika was playing with it, but perhaps in a certain amount of time you can have a swap and Teleah can have a play of it. If it escalates into Teleah hitting her etc, then perhaps try the time out again and explain to her that you are not happy with her because she has hurt Annika, and that you would be just as unhappy if Annika hurt Teleah as it hurts to be smacked and it's not very nice.

*Just Teleah time-When Eithan is asleep I try to let Bella do something that she wouldnt normally be able to do when he is awake. We have some beads, but Teleah would be too young for that so maybe some playdough. It would be something that is always put up and only gotten down occassionally when she has been good, when Annika is asleep. Even just taking her out to the clothesline with you and giving her peg duty or clothes duty. If you have time, I find that Bella loves nothing more than helping me. It takes longer, but she loves to get the bits of clothes etc or to hand me the pegs from a basket. It gives her something to do and she gets great pleasure from knowing that she is helping me out.

Basically all of this is just a hint, sometime nothing can stop your child from being naughty not even the threat of a smack. We once threatened a smack while in a shopping centre and at the top of her voice she screams at us YOU DONT SMACK LITTLE PEOPLE, so embarassing and she was about Teleah's age too. The biggest thing I can say which works for me, is to let her know when she is upsetting you and how hard she makes it or how dissappointed you are (but please dont make her feel really guilty, there is no reason to say it more than once), but let her know especially when you are most happy with her. Telling her when she makes you happy etc rather than the other will hopefully help. Dont just praise when she does something you ask, but also when she has been good without you asking. eg. Such as- Teleah you have been such a good girl, mummy hasnt had to growl at all and that makes me so happy because i dont like to growl.

Look I dont have the answers I am sorry , but these are just some of the things I have done and do with Bella. So please feel free to ignore or take a little or as much as you like on board. I hope this helps.

Well ladies after that mamoth post I am done, and Eithan has pretty much finished his toast so I better go and clean up.

Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; May 5th, 2007 at 09:03 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast