Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #78

Hi all,
    Shell - I have been following the story on the news. As a case manager I spend a lot of time in the hospitals, and know you guys get it pretty rough. I can remember some people saying that yoy guys get paid well, but they don't understand you are working 24 hrs a day, and in fact you are in a high risk job - being exposed to many things.

Nelle - LOL at being up at 9:30. I wish! James was up at 2am and 5:30 am. I made him stay in the cot till 6:40, and then he went back to bed at 8:30 and still asleep. Don't worry I will guard your number with my life Looks like I wont be going anyway.

Happy birthday Sharl.

Jodi 0 hopefully now the teeth a through youget some sleep!!!

The funeral has not been advised as yet. There is a bit of $hit fight happening as his ex wife wants next of kin rights and have him cremated, but he is catholic, and it is not the done thing for catholic people. She is also ringing up having hissy fits over how she is going to support the children. Give it a break - the family can sort that out later!!! Anyway it would have been his 30th birthday tomorow or today (cant remember exactly) so I am sure that is playing on their mind as well.

Bit of a windy 'ole day here in the North of Melbourne.

'morning,

what a crap night. Rick and I went to bed at 9pm and bailey decided he could not breathe so I panadoled him and demezined him and he just kept bouncing around his cot. After having got up to him 6 times in one hour I grabbed the mattress off the fold out bed and camped on his floor for the night.

thank goodness the little monkey is with his nan today. today is the first day since he was born that I have had the day to myself. have been for a walk with diesel but its really starting to warm up.

Rach - ROFL about your letter. I hope they do reply, I would love to hear their reply.

Meg - truely sorry about your friend. *hugs*

Hiya everyone else, I am off for a nana nap.

what is wrong with my ticker now, I am 12 weeks today. I give up with tickers...............gggggggrrrrrrrrr

xxx
    Last edited by Vixstar; October 19th, 2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: gggrr

well I have had a interesting morning NOT!!! was all in good mood Jack had napped for 1 hr 20min just given him his bath we were laughing as I hopped into shower to clean the shower screens, then got out went to spray rapid mould remover and the lid was blocked so I went to open it up and boof all in my eyes, so I am trying to wash eyes out while checking Jack to make sure he wasok as he was right next to me, and naked to boot, so got a cup of water held it over my eye, managed to check and dress Jack grabbed ph to ring jase, while flushing eye, ph was engaged so tried again as I heard a car pull up was Jase so I am like get in here quick told him what happened while still flsuhing eye, got him to check Jack over real well (he is fine nothing on him) Jase rang drs we raced down where they flushed again and then with milk anyway I do have a few minro scratch burns on pupil but not deep so I was supposed to have a patch for today as she put numbing drops in but am allergic to tape so we are going with sunglasses, have to go to hospital and see her at 9am Sun *bugger* my friends are due to arrive in 1/2 hr thankfully I had most of housework doen this morning just got to cook some pnacakes I am such twit!!!!!!!!

Wow rach thats pretty hair raising! I myself have had a corneal ulcer and it was very painful.I had to wear patch and drops too.Mine was from a contact lens and not a burn though.Hope you have no lasting effects from it.
    Shell wouldnt it be illegal to go to work and not get paid? Wa ia bad for money.As an EN looking after and running a 20 bed dementia unit on my own and doing all the paperwork for funding i got a measley 15.35 an hr. When i left they could nt find a person to replace me obviously because of conditions and so they upped the pay to $17. I was spewing.Never will i work in that environment again.I will either up date my skills or seek another type of employment.I think stacking shelves pays more!!!
    A day to yourself sounds great vixstar.Especially after the night you had by the sounds of it!
    Me i went to playgroup and i soon got to ring and councel my sis on ex boyfriend blues then food shopping.. excitement plus but....i got a day to myself tommorow from 11 onwards and im going to get a new scrapping toy...a cuttlebug that embosses and cuts.woohoo.

Owwwwww - Rach - painful - very very painful - and scary too, hope you are feeling better and can enjoy time with your friends.

Vixstar - we had a shocker of a night with Rylee - she was screaming every half hour - didn't go to sleep properly until 5 am!!!!! Combo of a cold and a tooth coming through so can't be too mad at her.

Nessa & Kell -not long to go girls - you will have a ball!

Better go and get on with the day!
    Enjoy
    Laurin

Owwww Rach. I am glad it was not more serious though.

Vix and laurin. Hopefully wishing for a better night tonight.

Caddie - Enjoy your new "toy"

Sharleen!!!

Nelle.. how was the expo? The Parenting Expo i went to didnt have any nappies at all. Nothing on food. Yeh was pretty crap. The Baby Expo is supposible heaps better. Oour Baby one is held in March.

Ness.. yeh thats what i said in my dream when you just bought 3!

Rach.. oh dear. Ouchie.. hope your eye gets better.

We had a pretty good day. Just went to Kristy & Isaacs place. Jesse and Isaac are such tearaways together, so cute. They love each other. Kristy's a hairdresser so she cut me a fringe! Woo! I love it! Shes so good! Then we both got a coke craving (needed a sugar and caffeine hit!) so went down the shops. And thats about it.

Glad you had a good day Kell. Got a pic of you with a fringe??? I might challenge you to a game of rock paper scissors next time I am on Facebook, so Watch out!!!!

Sharls Happy birthday! I hope you had a good day mate.

Hello to everyone will come back tomorrow and do personals, im knackered now so going to bed.

I'm home, just got home from youth group - I had a few mins at home after the expo and then had to rush out and run youth group - not just go, I had to RUN it! Went pretty well though, so well, that I could go home early (and leave them to clean up the mess ).

The expo was pretty good, glad we went without kids, we could just do what we wanted. Bummer you didn't make it Meg, never mind! I got a couple of cloth nappies (monkey itti bitt and moss green ecobots wool pocket, for those who care) and a few pairs of babylegs, some Aromababy stuff (their baby balm smells awesome!), some Gaia stuff, a blanket for the pram, annnnnd an Isoki Wild Orchid Petite traveller! It's such a cool tiny nappy bag for small outings, like to the park and when we nick to the supermarket for milk.

And Rans just came home with KFC for dinner, bless him. My eyes are drooping...drooping...and we have such a busy weekend, if I go AWOL, it's cos this is the weekend from insanity! I'll definitely be back to care for you all as soon as I can.

Happy Birthday Sharleen.

Ouchie's Rach

Well sooo busy here with moving, plus Bella got really unwell. As you know she wasnt well with a temp of 38.5, took her to the dr's said she thought it could be gastro. She has only vomited once and no diarrhea so I dont know what's going on. Today her temp was pushing 39.6 and was there for hrs, took 4hrs to get the panadol to bring it down late this evening. She has only been to the toilet twice and is just sleeping, sleeping. Here's hoping she is over the worst of it otherwise we are off to the dr again.

Quite possible that I will fly into melb 4 dec and out evening of 7 dec.

Love

HelenP- God that doesn't sound good at all. Hopefully her temp stays down. Bit scary when it gets that high and takes so long to come down.
    Not long then if you come to Melb on those dates.

Nelle- I can imagine it would have been thousand times easier to go to the expo child free. I just remember last year how hard it was to get around with millions of prams everywhere.

Laurin and Vixstar- How did your little ones go last night, get any sleep?

Caddie- I know EN's in many NH's are paid poorly and you get such high workload too. No wonder they are always looking for staff.

Rach- Owies, how is your eye today?

Meg- Thats sad there is all that drama with the ex wife. Maybe acting out like that is her way of coping? I don't know. Hopefully it'll get all sorted.

Meg and Kell- I didn't know you were on facebook, don't think I have you in my list friends.

Ash was up at crack dawn this morn. She usually gets up at 6:30 and MIL sugested we put couple toys at the end of her cot so when she wakes she can play for awhile so we don't have to get up straight away. Anyways this morn she woke at 5:30, gave her a feed she started falling asleep on the breast, put her in bed next thing she is playing with the toys then won't go back to sleep and is soooo tired and cranky all morning. She actually started falling asleep on my lap earlier so she is back in bed.

Shell.. just search for me "Kelly Knott pka Brooker". Couldnt find you myself.

well my eye feels ok today a little headache behind eye but I suppose that is to be expected will update whn I have seen the dr tomorrow

can i do a little about Jack,

to begin with on monday nite I was so frustrated with him and him going to sleep that after 1 1/2 hrs of falling asleep in my arms getting put in cot waking screaming I went to get him for the what felt like millionith time and as I went to pick him up I could see myself throw him thru the wall I straight away walked out the room now I would never do this but I wanted to IYKWIM!!!!!

anyway on tuseday nite I started to put him into cot after his last bottle and while he is still awake, well he has self settled everynite since first nite he made a few noises but nothing major, and within 15min of going down he is out to the count, so far we have gone from 10-11pm bedtime to 8-9.30pm bedtime just depends on when he wants that last bottle but for my boy self settling

Helen..i hope Bella gets better soon poor pet.

Nessa.. YAY!! WOOO!

Thats great Rach - Julia has self settled since she was 8 months old, and sleeps through the night from 7pm to 6am, she usually only take 5mins or so to sleep if shes tired if not maybe 20mins? So cute to watch she rotates all around the bed in her growbag and her favourite toy her soft lamb that she got from the hospital when she was born.

YAY Nessa... Sydney here you come!

Anna**- how you feeling today honey?

MAZ - thanks for the chat today!

Girls not feeling great at the moment went to indian for dinner its disagreed with me sooo cant do anymore personals now so back laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Bel
    xxx

OMG Nessa.. youll be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO!

I have to finish the cleaning today.. need to vacume, mop and clean the lounge room.. did the rest yesterday.. need to get some milk too..

ok have a great day all.. gonna be a stinker here!

well my eye is looking better the dr said but have to see her Tuesday should be fun taking a almost 13mth old and almost 16mth old to dr by myself

gotta take it easy for a hr or so as eye has been numbed again....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast