Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #78

Quote Originally Posted by caddie View Post
    What is it with my kids.
    Caddie, I think you should just sat 'what is it with kids in general'. You could have one person walking behind them, and one person clearing the way in front of them, and they'd still find a way to seriously injure themselves - they're geniuses!
    You're not a bad mum at any rate, I certainly don't think your kids will think so after a lollypop! Lucky kids, my mum just used to say 'you'll be right'. She grew up on farm, one of 7, and brought her younger brothers up. So no sympathy for me!

Yikes Jodi, I need to book my u/s in! We're still not sure if we'll find out the sex, I don't think we'll tell people what it is if we do find out...I LOVED the surprise with River, but I also wouldn't mind knowing so I don't fall in love with a boy's name if it's a girl or vice versa...I kinda seemed to 'know' it was a boy with Riv, even though I thought I was clueless, I'd bought all blue or gender neutral stuff, and we weren't settled on a girl's name. But I've got no clue this time...maybe a boy again? I change my mind every day about finding out.

I'm actually in a tidying mood, which is fun, I've just taken the c.d.'s out of the entertainment unit, since we don't really use them anyway (all the music's on the computer, which is attached to our tv...it's hard to explain). And I put the printer away where they used to be. But now I need somewhere to put the dvd's! Hmmm...

And River's in bed, supposed to be napping, but who knows...I've already re-tucked him in, opened his window and turned the fan on. Nope, I can hear him banging away in there. Well, I saw those shadows under his eyes, so hopefully it's just a matter of time.

ETA: Forgot to say, hope El Nino picks up soon Jodi. I guess just keep getting those fluids into her...and you too I guess! I so don't drink enough!

:hugs: Owie!!!!!!! Maz

hope Nina's teeth come thru soon jodi poor baby!

Nessa and Kelly hope your both having fun, I wish I lived where I could meet someone

Caddie :hugs: your not a bad mum, poor ruby hope she is AOK!!!!

everyone else

ok some questions for you, would you give your nealry 13mth old kanagroo mince, we are having a pasta bake made with kangaroo mince tonight for tea, and am umsure if it is ok for jack can't find any info

oh and so much for my boy having a good diet, he has gone off vegies, just wont eat them but loves sausages we buy organic, very lean sausages chicken lamb flavoured etc, and he will eat a whole 1 in a sitting, also I made garlic pizza for tea sat nite and guess who loves garlic pizza LOL, oh well........its not like he has it everyday

also another question we have those continental pasta/sauce thngs occassionally would they be real bad for him ????

rach - I can't see any reason not to give him kangaroo mince and the continental pasta sauce. Unless of course you find somewhere that states it's a no no, otherwise I'd give it to him.

ETA: I know what you mean about the cd's nelle. We have a 300 CD stacker, which very rairly gets used anymore as ours are all on our computer too.
    Last edited by Visitor7; October 22nd, 2007 at 01:41 PM.

Rach - I think that anything is ok really, as long as it is in moderation, and not bad, bad food like giving him a whole chocolate bar or something!!!

Nelle - I took your advice and I have bought 6 from baby beehind. I also bought a swimming nappy as he had swimming lessons. I thought that I would start with the 6 and see how I go. Just a q would you use velcro or snap buttons? I think James could get out of velcro. THere is just so many to choose from. I want them all! I was thinking in the hot weather, James wont even need pants, he can be just in the nappy and a tshirt.

Sorry to hear about Ruby's bump. I hope she is alright.

Jodi - surely nina must have all her teeth by now!!! james still only has 6.

AnnaT - I might also check out the bumgenius.

ETA There is a good show on Oprah at the moment about Autism. Very interesting.

did i tell ya all how jack won a tshirt comp well he won cause i emailed guy to find out when the winners would be annouced and cause i reminded him so jack was 1 of 3 winners well they arrived today so cute but OMG!! at the sizing difference with each shirt huge difference

one says if you think i'm rad you should see my dad
    another says i love my dad
    3rd its my birthday the guy went up a size from prize package so he could wear it next year
    4th one sucks says future socceroo

Taking a break with a peanut butter sandwich. Mmm.

Rach, I'm with Meg, I think moderation is the key. I just try and balance everything out, even for us big kids. Which is why I'll inflict Rye bread upon Rans (you'd think it was poisionous, honestly. I don't think he's actually stopped to realise it's nice, he's too busy whinging) to balance out all the wheat we have, and Riv gets rice milk or soy (I can't bring myself to drink it though) to balance out all that dairy. And things like corn or rice pasta are an easy change too. I just try and avoid too much of one thing. Which I've found to be a good way of looking at things, so when mum gives Riv a gingerbread man, I'll just think, well I do balance that out with not giving him much sugar at other times! Helps me to relax.

Meg, some people are totally ALL velcro or ALL snaps, but I have a mixture - some kids pull their nappies off, but River's not been interested so far. I think some people have made a little belt (like pregnancy belly bands) to put over the velcro part for kids who can't resist. It's not been a problem for us though, and while it happens, I don't think it's the world's most common problem - maybe see if Maz or the Annas have had their kids pull off their nappies? Girls?

ETA: Rach that's fantastic! You never know, that 4th tshirt could be fun if Jack turns out to like soccer! I haven't met too many little boys who don't enjoy having a bit of a kick.

Nope no nappy-evacuation problems here yet Its a struggle just to get him still enough to change him nowdays. However it wouldnt be a huge issue because Jett poo's half an hour after he wakes up in the morning like clockwork so I dont have panic attacks imagining poo-smeared walls (although atleast it would match his quilt cover lol) I think it depends on the kid. If J hasnt done it by now he isnt going to I would think, MCNs and sposies all take the same amount of effort to undo.

I use a bit of both Meg - but prefer snaps (only cause Ive got a snap machine). I'll have 10 magicals for VY come next fluffy mail delivery plus 3 honey boys, some pocket nappies, Babybeehin bamboos..ahh have totally gone blank. My new born stash is getting there...thanks to the advice from the one and only Nelle. I am so inlove with prefolds. I packed the babies bag for hospital and put in my bright orange Magical NB nappy...its so tiny. I dont have to take any other cloth nappies with me cause they supply cloth there. Might take some of my cover's though cause it will be hot and I can show off someone's brand new bum...hmm thats a thought now.
    Nessa and Kell - you guys must be having the biggest chin wag
    Hello eveyrone else...trying my best to cope with this dame pain and heat...how are you going with it AnnaT? 11 more weeks and we can be holding the new loves of our lives...god its just gone super quick!!!
    BBL to tell of 2 little boys!!!

River's just going down for his second nap! He never has 2 naps, but he's tired - he's so obvious when he's tired, dark circles under eyes, sucks his thumb, and cries when you tell him 'no' (in the mornings when you say no, he just looks cheerful and finds something else to do). Sometimes he even rubs his eyes which is cute. I'm trying to reorganise all the nappies, but him going to bed's put a bit of a hold on that, since I need to work in his room. Ah well.

Im glad its hotter BUT it annoys my itchies something fierce so its a lose-lose situation lol Mate, 11 weeks cant go by fast enough! Im hoping to go on my own before then soooooo I think around 34wks Im going to start using the Evening primrose capsules, walking and shagging Ry like there's no tomorrow lol Im getting the guilts something fierce about Jett, he so wants Mummy to play with him and cuddle him but its very hard now I have a huge stomach in the way. Im also one biotch of a pregnant woman so my tolerance level is loooooooooow. Now was not the time for him to start asserting his independence hehehehe I am so so so looking forward to having a newborn again though, I love the kid part of motherhood, just not the pregnancy bit.

The heat may be playing a part in Riv napping more Nelle! I know I could do with a nanna nap now its hitting 30deg everyday.

Oh my god, someone has spilled toxic waste in his nappy so Id better go dispose of it..................ew ew ew.

Hey - another cloth nappy q (sorry everyone else )
    How do you go about cleaning out sloppy poos?? (Sorry if TMI)
    Hmm - I really should start posting in the cloth nappy section, but you guys are so good, it is easier just to stay here

We generally don't get sloppy poos here. I can usually just carry the nappy to the loo, tip it upside down and give it a bit of a shake. We do that with sposies too.
    When I remember, I use fleece liners (microfleece, which is just fleece that's thinner than polar fleece, which you can also use) which the poop just falls off, and it keeps bub's butt dry. Or if I'm expecting a poo, I'll use a flushable liner - that's definitely the easiest way to deal with a poop!
    On the rare occasion I have had to deal with anything sloppy, we have a special spatula in the loo for scraping!

Riv didn't stay down for his nap, he cried and then proceeded to cling to me (cos he was tired) while I tried to do anything. Rans took him in the end.

I really don't feel pregnant, it's wierd having the placenta at the front...I keep forgetting - which is good because that means the sickness is mostly gone! Except for when I haven't eaten in ages.

Julia only had one sleep today and has been crying her ass off for 1hr now doesnt matter how many times I cuddle her or soothe her in her cot tonight her teeth are really bad aughhh

Belle- Oh I hope Julia settles, its awful when they're like that.

Jodi- How is Nina doing?

Caddie- God what is Ruby doing to herself! Hopefully now she has learned to be careful. We've had quite few bumps and bruises here, so hard to prevent them from getting hurt, only can do our best.

I bet Ness and Kell are having a ball at the moment. I wish I was on holiday! I really feel I need one at the moment.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Ness and Annika have arrived safely! And i think Annika and Jesse are inlove! They are getting on like peas and carrots. Running around playing a squeeling. Had their dinner & bath together (so cute!). Have taken some photos, will try and up load them tomorrow. Jesse towers over Miss lightweight Annika! It's funny seeing them together size wise! But i think they both wore each other out as they were both out before their heads hit the pillow!

We're off to the zoo tomorrow. Belle and Chrissy if you want to join you are more than welcome!

Have a good night all.

Aww great to hear from you Kell! That's awesome that the kiddies get along! What a fantastic time for you guys! Have fun tomorrow!

Well, River was whinging, but he's stopped now, so I might leave him, have a milo and shower (our hot water system's been broken the last couple of days, got fixed tonight!). I went into him before cos I heard banging and he was trying to climb his Ocean Wonders Aquarium and hugging it and dancing. Cheeky kid.

Hi guys sorry, but this is going to be a me post.

I have just had one of the most emotionally stressfull days. As most of you know we are moving. We have slowly been moving things to mum and dads and storage using our ute. Well that broke down and this morning we had to organise towing and getting it fixed. All good it didnt end up costing as much as we thought so that was one stress off our shoulders, then the worst was yet to come.

As you know (and thank-you for your thoughts) Bella has been unwell. I have been really worried about her as she has been sleeping most of the time her urinary output had fallen to 1-2 in a 24hr period and she has dore legs and cant walk. Plus she wont eat because everything tastes yucky and makes her feel sick and she wont drink either. Last night she came out in a rash which I didnt think much of as it was only really slow. Anyway I managed to get her into the dr on an emergency appointment. Saw the dr went over everything, showed her the rash, which I now notice doesnt go white when pressed, panic stations. The dr calmly leaves the room for 2-3mins and then comes back in and asks us who our paedeatrician is, I tell her and she rings her and says it is urgent that she see Bella now, but she wasnt in her office. She tried to ring the paeds mobile but couldnt get through. So she asked us if we could wait in the waiting room for 10mins while she tries again. I am starting to get a bit panicky by now, but trying not to worry, thankfully Leith is with me. She then comes out and tells us she cant get through but we have to take Bella straight into hospital with a letter for the triage nurse marked urgent, so that they can rule out meningigocal and something called TPT. Oh my I am soo nervous, but we head home to get some bottles and biscuits and stuff for Eithan and then head to the hospital. I manage to drop Bella and Leith off and then it took me 45mins to find a park. I was almost in tears while waiting in the parking queues.

We get seen to a bed and Bella was giving a hydrolyte icypole, which she had trouble eating but got there in the end. She also had angel cream put on her inner arms and hands, just incase bloods where needed. The dr came and saw her and was quite concerned so asked for full blood tests. First arm 2 jabs couldnt get it, 2nd arm first jab they managed to get a canuala in and took blood. I then took Eithan for a walk to get him to sleep and get some drinks for Leith and Bella. In the meantime she had a chest xray, which came back all clear. I walked out of the hospital in a daze and forgot what I was doing until I was on the other side of town.

After a while the dr came back and said there was a problem with the results and she wanted to take more to rule out what she was seeing.

Leith and I were both thinking the worst and so was the dr we later found out.

The dr thought that Bella had Leukaemia, and one of the tests that wasnt completed right came back showing this and this is why she had to be tested again. A couple of hrs later the tests came back again and showed that it is unlikely to be Leukaemia and more likely to be viral. She had fluids in the drip plus a dose of antibiotics. We have been told to bring her straight back in if he rash gets worse and she has to go back to the gp on Wednesday. We have been told that if she gets no better she has to have some more blood tests on Friday and Monday.

Apparently all of her symptoms were pointing to Leukeamia and I am just so fearful and upset for her at the moment. The dr did say that it was unlikely to be this and hopefully she is on the upside of this virus but I dont think I will feel any better until she is completely better. So no school for Bella and we are on wee and drink watch to make sure she keeps her fluids up. I will try to check in and let you know how she is at the end of the week, but I dont know if I will be able to.

Hope you are all well, hope Ruby's head gets better.

Love

Helen - big hugs to you, I really feel for you, what a horrible horrible day you had today, I hope the gorgeous Bella is making some progress now, let us know how everything is going when you can. Try and take 5 mins out for yourself, I can imagine your BP has been going through the roof.

Caddie - poor little Ruby, hope she is staying on her feet now.

Kell & Ness - how cute Jesse and Annika must be, great you guys are spending time together and having some fun.

Belle - hope those toothy pegs come through quick!

Maz - how are you feeling?

Shell - what is happening with the work situation?

Big hi to everyone else - just packing here... yay!!

Hugs, Laurin

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast