Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #80

Default Babies Born September 2006 #80

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

just dropping by to sub

man thread #80 gotta be some kind of full on record

Hey Rach, did you know that if you wanted to subscribe, you can just click on 'Thread tools' near the top, and there's a subscribe option there? Just to save you from typing.

Mum and I have rearranged the kitchen, we're still going, and it's so good, but I'm so tired!

I have spent most of my day putting together a cupboard for our linen. (House has everything else but that!) Df tells me he is no good at putting things together which I interpret as "can't be bothered".

Ness- I don't think badly of your DH, I think its great that he recognises he isn't well and is making the effort to go out and try sort things out. I hope the Dr is able to set him on the right track and lucky he has you for support.

Rach- Fingers crossed you get a BFP.

Maz- Haven't done any redecorating yet. I mainly just want to do Ash's room. I decided to wait til summer that way DF is on school holidays and we can do it together. But with me making the decisions, him just doing what he's told, lol.

Better go give Ash her dessert, I just quickly snuck on here.

yeah I know Nelle, but I had nothing to say so I just said stopping by to sub

Still suffering from the lurgies.Girls alternate between feeling better and then whingy again.
    Ive got it too but hubby bought me some cold and flu tablets so heres hoping they help.
    Chrissy sorry to hear about your daughter.I knew a friend that selfed harm because she waqnted to feel pain and felt she wasn't being heard.Her parents went though a divorce and basically she was left out of the process.Maybe some councelling for your daughter.Must be very hard on you.Please dont in anyway blame yourself.Can you spend any 1-1 with her?
    Ness thats great your hubby is willing to go and seek help.More encouragement is needed for everyone out there to do that.
    OK gotta go and lie down.
    Last edited by caddie; November 3rd, 2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling

lilmky Guest

Hello ladies, just following you over here.

I almost missed the move... hehe trying to get rid of me already?

I am kinda envious of you ladies that already pg, lilmky is still firmly attached to the boob and I haven't seen AF since I fell pg (not counting his birth for 4 weeks) kinda nice though not having AF for 2yrs. But makes it hard to have a sibling for him....

well I was a very energetic girl this arvie I mowed the front lawn, then after jacks dinner and bath he was being wingy so I thought stuff this popped him in the pram and went for a 1/2 hr walk (now this is a big deal I am not a walker ) but man I feel great tonight

gotta get Jase to oil the wheels so the whole town doesn't know we are out walking am hoping I can keep it up maybe go every 2nd nite at least........

Just updated Jesse's website and have put a couple of photos in the gallery of him dressed up as Yoda and Darth Vader!
    Here comes Darth Vader! - BellyBelly Member Photo Gallery
    My Little Halloween Yoda - BellyBelly Member Photo Gallery
    Hehe so cute. I was surprised he left it all on including the hats! We had a great time running up and down the hall way.

Caddie.. hope the tablets kick in fast.

too cute Kelly

Haha Rach, that's what I mean, when I find a new thread but have nothing to say, I just click subscribe, so I don't have to make something up to say!

Haha, too funny Kelly!

Yeah watch out Lilmky, we're super easy to lose! I think we might be the biggest baby buddy group? Some of us have been here since we first got pregnant (or first announced we were pregnant)!

Ohhh Shell, what is it with men and their excuses? Rans is always 'too tired'. Honestly, you're telling that to a pregnant woman who's been chasing a baby around all day and you want what kind of reaction? Should I learn the violin? So how's that linen cupboard looking anyway? Bet it looks grouse.

Huuuge hugs to all the sickies, and those with family troubles. One day at a time guys.

Myyyyy news is that I actually did work today, yep lazy Nelle got her mum to come around (dad's a teacher and was doing marking/reports so she got out from under his feet) and help her re-organise her kitchen, and make a laundry section in the kitchen...it works with my kitchen, it's a weird shape. So now I have a 'European' kitchen! So now it won't be such a hard task to clear out that back room, now all the laundry stuff's gone, and we'll get River moved in there yet!
    Wondering what I should do to thank mum...maybe buy her some Tupperware from my party coming up? Or maybe some chocolates? Voucher for clothes? A plant? Mmm, she might like a plant actually...let me know if you have any other ideas to say thankyou.

I'm soooo sore now though, in bed with the laptop and a milo. At least I won't miss Rans tonight (he's been away this weekend), I'll be too busy sleeping!

well its 9.30am and besides cleaning the kitchen and folding some clothes I am done for the day just tidied the house vac and mopped the whole house, while Jase finished mowing and tidy up the yard...

poor jack is still not a happy man, he woke with a pooey nappy that was old so god knows when he did it he went to bed at 8.20pm woke at 8am so he had to have bath straight up and was not a happy camper, but he was very good and sat in his highchiar while I did the vac/mopping

ok better go finish kitchen before ti gets even hotter

Nelle.. sounds like you had a good day with your mum. Whats a "European Kitchen"? Um yeh a nice plant.. you know whats nice you can usually get in a pot, a Tulip plant. Cos it comes with beautiful flowers too.

Jesse's still a bit sick, im still boarder line too. Hes going through a super clingy stage. Wont go to sleep unless im in the room. Even when he wakes during the night, last night at 1am. Normally i can just go give him his dummy and reposition him and hes fine, but now i have to stand in there with at least my hand on him for him to nod back off. I try and sneak out if i can. Perhaps that other molar is coming through, plus his little flu are just playing up on him.
    I also want to say.. who ever made kids Demazin blue is an idiot! Sorry for the language.. but how bloody stupid! Its bright blue! And not like panadol or nurophen thats kinda thick, its watery! I have spilt so much on mine and Jesse's clothes. His mouth is blue after he has it.. bloody stupid!
    Rant over.

Lazy day here.. gonna do some more scrapbooking i think. Just did a quick tidy of the house.. lol well the kitchen. So just gonna enjoy my cuppa and toasted roll under the griller with honey mmmm.. then hop to it.

lilmky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kellxx View Post
    I also want to say.. who ever made kids Demazin blue is an idiot! Sorry for the language.. but how bloody stupid! Its bright blue! And not like panadol or nurophen thats kinda thick, its watery! I have spilt so much on mine and Jesse's clothes. His mouth is blue after he has it.. bloody stupid!
    Rant over.

That is a silly thing to do, have you tried Dimetapp? or Zyrtec baby? Dimetapp is great I use it on lilmky works at clearing his little nose.

I didn't even know they made Demazin for babies.

We went out for breakfast - very nice eggs benedict with bacon and fresh OJ.... yummy.

Kell - I had no idea about sheetle method...you go girl and make your little girl as for the demezin blue...I hate the colour their pooh comes out, especially hard when you use cloth nappies! I could have used more colourful language then you did and I totally agree with you. ITS STUPID!!!!
    Ness - glad that things at home ar eslowly working in your favour so to speak. It will help you out heap sin the long run
    Caddie - you hurry up and get better honey.
    Shell - PMSL at your redecorating plans...sounds the same as it is in my house. How did you go with the cupboard???
    Nell - OMG you must be so tired woman. A european kitchen....man you are living the high life
    Rach - I mowed yesterday aswell, in the rain and pruned my daisy hedge right down, then vacced, dusted, oh cleaned the bathroom and loo, washed sewed...then collapsed into a heap at 11pm. Im sor etoday, bloody hand shave blisters.
    lilmky - its hard to keep up somedays...i totally miss the boat and forget...stup id pg brain of mine.
    Hello everyone else - feeling dizzy and just plain knacked...must be getting old lol
    have to feed the monsters - nine more weeks until c/s day girls...my buttox in clenching in fear already!!!!

lilmky.. DH brought home some Dimetapp when he bought the Demazin (the baby one is for cold symptoms- i think its similar to like Codril for adults).. i was about to give him some Dimetapp this morning but then read the box. The one i have is for chest congestion, which he has, but the box said not to give to babies under 2 without a doctor advising you to. It gives the measurements for a baby 1-2years but yeh i was unsure whether to give it to him or not. Is there a different type of Dimetapp? I might look when im at the shops tomorrow.

Maz.. wow 9 weeks! That has gone so fast. Oh i can imagine with cloth nappies! His poo looks bad enough on disposibles! Nice bright green/blue colour.

lilmky Guest

Kelxx - everything I have (except the panadol) says to get Dr's advice before giving. The Dimetapp I use is just for colds, not sure about chest... but all the RN's and Dr's at my local hospital recomended it to us, plus our chemist said it is great stuff. I have no problem using it, I just had lilmky on it for about 5days as we had a bad cold and he just wasn't sleeping, I also use Fess it is fantastic and clearing thier noses and stopping it dripping down thier throat and into thier chest.

Its not good when they are sick, Glad we are finally over it, it was a bad one this time around. Plus he always manages to get a cold everytime a tooth comes in. So double whammy!

MAZ..with all the chores you did yesterday, is sunshine trying to tell you something?? like I WANT OUT !!

thanks for all your thoughts girls, i am still very sick and try and come back when im more up to it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast