Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #82

Happy Birthday Nelle!!!

Asheligh's christening went really well. Just exhausted now! She wasn't too impressed with it though, when the priest had her she was trying to get down and wanted to run around and wasn't too happy with her hair getting wet! I think next child I'll do it before they're walking. But they're very nice, we got our certificate, candle and they give us a christening bear so I'll put it away for her as a memento. Afterwards had BBQ here, perfect weather, everyone had fantastic time, just have headache now.

And good news today, Matt's best mate and his wife, who are also Ash's godparents, found out this week they're preg! I'm so happy for them cause they'd pretty much given up, they've been trying for years, even did IVF few years back so its very exciting. They only found out this week and she's 19 weeks already.

Ok thats an all bout me post and now I'm going to go put my feet up.

Glad Ashleigh's christening went relatively well.
    And what fabulous news about your friends! They must be estatic. And to be 19 weeks, they're halfway there already.

Awww Thanks girls! Yep having a great day, very full and satisfied now, drinking a birthday slurpee!

I was thinking today was a lovely day for a christening Shell! Glad it went well!

Maz, you know I thought the same about Nuclear Power, til I had a talk with my all-knowing Dad about it, and I'm a bit of a fan now - it's so clean, and safe (heaps of countries are nuclear powered, most of France's power is nuclear I think!) PLUS Australia has plenty of Uranium, so no problems there either. Coal is what we're used to, but it's pretty dirty and pollute-ey when you think about it!
    And we'll just chuck the nuclear waste on Tasmania or something! (JOKE Helen, joke! )

Aww nuts this is a new page for me, so I can't see what the rest of you have written! Hope everyone's having a brilliant day! Is it nice and sunny for everyone else? I'm so stoked that it's such a nice day! Rans took me out for lunch after church and then we went shopping! We're thinking of going shopping Thursday night and doing the bulk of our Chrissy shopping then (as in Christmas, don't get too excited Chrissy!). Should be fun.

Oh, and as for the politics, I don't think I care enough! Haha. You can all vote for whoever you like, I won't dump you just for voting differently to me! Though if I ever found out you voted for a party that was against slurpee machines, that might be a different story...so be warned. There is only so much that friendship can endure.

i see the post that gave me a big dose of the poos has been taken off.

Haha, well leave your poos there Chrissy, it makes you look like a crazy woman, and I like you that way.

You preggar girls are all crazy.lol
    Glad your day was great nelle!
    Have put a couple of ads in classifieds if anyone interested.

Hmm.. I feel I must have missed something about a post that was taken off? Oh well, all the better for me coz that means it had nothing to do with me!! :P

I just got back from seeing Pricilla Queen of the Desert. Had a night out with my sisters. It was great. THen we went out for dinner. It was nice just being the three of us, as it was something that we have not done in ages!!

Shell - Glad the Christening went well.

Jodi - as far as James is concerned, the only body part that he can name is his tummy. He also knows if I say nose, he puts his head forward for me to touch his nose.
    He is still not walking. Sometimes I worry that he seems to be a long way behind most of the bubs on this thread. For the life of me I cannot get him to wave bye bye, yet he knows the moves to different silly songs that we sing. He also won't point, unless he is pointing at something he can touch. I think working in disabilities has permanently scared me. he still doesn't speak very many clear words (perhaps 6 or so) but jabbers away in his own language non stop.

Laurin - I agree, you already sound so much happier!!

Anyway hope everyone is having a good night, and all the preggy girls are well.

I almost forgot - Happy birthday Nelle!!!
    Last edited by lilima; November 25th, 2007 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Gorgot wto wish Nelle a Happy birthday

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    i see the post that gave me a big dose of the poos has been taken off.
    I was going to just let this matter go and stop posting in this thread but Ive decided after this unneccesarily nasty post I have a right to explain so here I go. Even though I believe I did NOT post anything offensive, you had a sook so I deleted it to save someone else the trouble of being offended too as that wasnt my intention. I was being mature (which is more than I can say for some) and under the impression that we could all have a adult discussion without it turning into mudslinging.

And on that note, sad that it has to be a narky one, Im going to pull out of posting in this thread. Its not anyone in particular, Im just getting sick of having to walk on eggshells because atleast one person a week takes offense at something one of us says (or doesnt say in the case of missing people in personals) and sooking occurs. I thought we were all mature adults who could have differences of opinions without being catty highschoolers but I guess I was wrong. Its getting to the point where Im scared to even talk about my child for fear someone will have something negative to say about my parenting skills or take offence at something that was innocently said, or that Im a faker or attention seeker in reference to all my pregnancy troubles. Im not going to waste my precious downtime during Jetts naps to stare at the computer screen for hours while I try to compose a 'safe' post so as not to upset anyone.

Its sad that its getting to a point where we are pidgeon holed into discussing the weather or generic subjects because just about every other adult subject that isnt kid related is off limits because people cant have a good natured mature discussion and accept that everyone has different opinions. I could have taken offence a million times over at things said in relation the the War on Iraq, being that my husband is military, or anti-formula feeding opinions but I dont because hey, each to their own and I can often see the validity of those opinions even if I dont agree with them.

You know where to find me if you want to keep in touch, I'll be around BB doing other things Thanks for the laughs and letting me share my first pregnancy and motherhood experiences with you, its been quite the ride!

Oh and good luck to all our preggo's and those TTC, I think we may just have a record on our hands for the most pregnancies in a BB group!

Hi AnnaT - I didn't even see the post, and I am betting a lot of people didn't. I guess it is your choice to leave, but I personally think that you are an asset to this thread, as is everyone else here who posts.

I don't think anyone thinks that you are an attention seeker. I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we truly believe that you have had a very difficult pregnancy, and that you are emotionally on tender hooks at the moment with everything that is happening in your life.

Maybe have a think about it for a day or so, and then decide if you want to leave? I really hope you do choose to stay

Annat.. im sorry to see you leave, i hope after a nights sleep you will reconsider. I dont think you are an attention seeker. You are part of this as much as everyone else. No ones perfect and everyones different. Maybe thats why we all clash so often as theres so many of us. I will be sad if in the morning you choose to go seperate ways. If thats what you do decide.. i wish you all the very best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy and future with your gorgeous little men.. remember when you come to sydney, still wanna meet for a Bon Jovi coffee! :hugs:
    Take care
    xx

Awww Annat. Just take a holdiay mate, don't leave, I think it was good that you removed your first post to be on the safe side! If we don't see you back here in a week or so, I'll come looking for you...in case I forget...in which case, someone remind me.

I got SimCity Societies for my birthday from Rans, been playing it most of the night!...it's kind of like the computer game SimCity, but kinda different...it's a bit confusing, but pretty fun! But it's frozen... Lucky it's got autosave!

Hey that sounds fun Meg! How many sisters do you have?
    Oh and don't fret, River can't say a thing really, though he tries to talk! Haha. Like, he can make all the mama dada lolo noises, but I'm not sure how much meaning they have yet! As for body parts, I wish for something mature like nose, he just knows 'tongue' I say tongue and guess what comes out, and stays out for the next 5 minutes...he'll lick me if I get close enough...Rans taught him the tongue thing. But I can see things starting to 'click', like if I say clap your hands, without showing him, he will clap his hands, and if we approve of something he does, like trying to stand unassisted, he'll give it another shot. Aren't boys slower with some things anyway? I'm not fretting, he'll get there when he gets there - as long as he's good at walking by the time this next bub is born!

I suppose I should go to bed hey!

I'm just popping in to remind everyone that just so long as we express them tactfully we're all welcome to have our own opinions. If we don't agree that's fine but please keep the discussion to the opinions instead of making it personal. By the same token when someone has ideas/opinions that differ from our own we need to remember not to take it personally.

I'm going to start a new thread now and lock this one. I hope that any bad feelings can be left behind in this thread

Shell.. oh congratulations to your friend! Glad the christening went ok and it was good weather!

Annat.. are you back now?

Well we have been invaded by mice! I am so sh*t scared of ****roachs and little bugs.. mice are the top or the tower!! I saw one last night too. Came out of jesse's room and it ran past me into the linen cupboard. I screamed and ran! I think my heart stopped for a second or two! Thank god Jesse and i are goin gup to mum and dad's for a few days from today! DH has traps down and ive told him i want them all gone before we return, or we might just not come back hehe. Oh i soooooo hate them so bad.

Anyways best go finish packing!

Your new thread can be found HERE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567