Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #99

I'm still here, plotting along nicely! Except I can't stop cleaning, and I keep getting up Heath for leaving stuff around
    We went to the 9.15 service down at the Esplanade. My BIL marched in the dawn service and that one. So we saw him at that one. Nina loved it. She clapped and yelled 'yay' as all the diggers walked past. They all laughed at her.

I had a 3 hour sleep today, which is unlike me. I was totally knackered, even after having a full night sleep. I love it when Heath is home. He takes over and looks after Nina all day. Except he never knows what to feed her and when, so I have to look after that department, which is easy I suppose.

I suppose I better go do more cleaning, more washing needs hanging out.

I am exhausted. BBq went well altho my lounge floor looks disgusting, dirt mud everywhere but Df can clean that! Plus the 10 people I thought were coming turned into like 20 people at least they were bringing own meat and drinks so we didn't stress bout catering. Ash didn't have day sleep spent the day running round with other kids so by 6pm she was just beside herself, wouldn't eat just crying so was an early night for her.

Jodi- Yes that cleaning thing usually means not far off! Heaths great looking after Nina so you can get rest.

Laurin- Bet you and Dh are having a good time seeing each other again

AnnaT- Its that music that gets me teary, every time they play it.

Beatrix- How has MJ gone with the feeding today? Does it happen at every feed? Does she eventually settle onto it and have good feed?

Shell- glad you had a good day. Mj doesnt do it every feed. I am thinking maybe when she is doing it she isnt hungry and she is crying for a different reason. Still trying to work out which cry means what. Last night was a interesting night. As she sleeps with me everytime she crys at night i just offer breast so i can go back to sleep so she was fgeeding like every two hrs as she falls asleep halfway through and doesnt really fill up. But its to nice and toasty to get out of bed!!!

Well Bloody DH slept in so I had to get up and get everyone ready to get him to work. grrrrr. another 4 months and he gets his lisence back

hi ladies
    hope you are all well
    just a quick post..
    we took tia to get blood tests and urine test done two weeks ago and the following day went to the paediatrician. test were clear so nothing wrong there. she is on 10mgs of losec a day and still on pepti jnr formula... she has her good and bad days.. i think she is getting better..but she has a cold so that has been irritating her and she hasnt been driking properly or sleeping ..but i guess thats cause her nose gets blocked while drinking so maybe thats why she refuses.. but other than that she has been doing quite well. cant expect everything to be perfect.. so just taking each day at a time

she was christened last sunday and it was a fantastic day and she was such a good girl.
    sorry no personals..just not up it yet.. only wanted to let you all know how we are doing.
    as for me im feeling a little better..i think the meds are working as i dont feel as anxious as i did before..so thats a good thing

take care ladies and i hope babies and toddlers are all well!

love ambz
    xoxoxox

Hey Ambz, funny you popped in today cause I was just thinking bout you last night, wondering how it was all going. Good to hear you are feeling better and as you said just take each day at a time and soon Tia will be totally settled.

Beatrix- yeah working out all those cries was tricky for me, I used to just always chuck Ash on the boob for whatever reason and being the booby girl she was would work well. How has she gone with it today?

Not much going on here, cold day, watched my poor saints lose.

Not much exciting going on here either.

Good to hear from you Ambz - with the cold and feeding, we got Fess for River and it came with a little snot de-blocker thingo, where you can suck the snot out of their nose - I would have totally grossed out at that pre-kids but gee it makes a difference with feeding when they can breathe again! Silas has a bit of a cold at the moment, and we've pulled it out for him.

There there on the Saints Shell. Bombers lost too, but really, who's surprised. Still like em though.

River had quite the day today, we visited the Inlaws yesterday and he had his first overnight stay with them, slept through and wasn't scared or anything, which is great, then today, was playing with my BIL's out the back with the dog, got a bit excited and tripped on the concrete, so came home with a graze over half of his face. Then this afternoon both of his top molars started to erupt. Then tonight he fell off our bed onto the ducted heating vent. Poor kid, was beside himself, I think just with tiredness and teething - so we called my mum and dad, put mum on speakerphone and let him press buttons - he giggled every time he heard a 'beep', was good to hear him laugh again! Think we deafened mum though, apparently those beeps are loud. Then they came over for dinner, brought pizzas to bake in the oven.

We also went piano looking today, was searching on the internet, and turns out there's a piano store like 2 mins away from us! So looked today, with MIL who plays piano well, to get her opinion. Think we've settled on a second hand one that sounds good and isn't ugly! I really wanted the white one to go with our furniture, but MIL reckons that one sounded too muddy...darned experts! Can't they consider my decor? :P

Hope everyone's doing well, that our kids are not getting into too much mischief, and that our mummas soon to pop again are faring well in these last weeks!

ETA: By the way, there's a few Silas pics in my homepage (get to that by my profile).
    Last edited by Nelle; April 26th, 2008 at 11:26 PM.

Hello Everyone,
    Hope that you all had a lovely weekend. Tiana now has her two top eye teeth and the two bottom ones are awful! How much longer? Ihave had no sleep (or her) so we are both cranky but she hurts and I dont know what else to do? We have panadol, baths/ showers, we do things to distract her (I am REALLY sick of Cinderelmo!) I even got some teething relief tablets. I was going to go to the supermarket soon and get some rusks again and try those. Does anyone have anything else I can try?

Sorry for the no personals.

Nelle i didnt even know you had all those pics.First time i seen them.You all look great!!
    Sorry but i dont have any answers for the teething probs marnikat because ruby didnt have them as bad.Fortunatly panadol worked a treat for her.She ususally has her finger in her mouth if they are troubling her!
    Maz,your parcel sent today!! The idea i had.I havnt completed the door thing just yet!
    Ness yours will be too!
    Went to the craft fair.I came home with lots of goodies! I have almost completed a boys star card booklet which is totally cool! I have one with millana from newborn to one,i can see all the changes in one little book.I still should do one for ruby!! naughty me.
    Ok i better go and hand out the porridge! BBL

marnikat - have you tried Nurofen? Not sure what else to suggest. Nina wasn't a very bad teether either. And thank god she has all her teeth through.

nelle - poor Riv, he was certainly in the wars yesterday wasn't he!

ambz - great to hear you're all doing so much better.

Nina was a little brat yesterday. Wouldn't have a sleep, wouldn't listen to anything we told her. Then last night kept waking up, and looked like she was wide awake! ggggrrrrrr! Then this morning I woke up with lots of pains. Still getting them. Hopefully she'll be well behaved for me today. She's watching cartoons ATM, thankgod for ABC kids!

Friends of ours finally had there baby boy last night! This was the couple who had been trying for 7 years and given up, they didn't even find out they were preg til bout 18 weeks! But bubs has to be in special care nursery for awhile to help maintain his temp. Apparantly he lost alot body fat trying to get down the birth canal cause he was so high up and it ended in ceaser. I saw her on Friday and she was still carrying quite high, the cheeky bugger wouldn't drop.

Jodi- Cheeky Nina! Maybe she is sensing something like an impending birth?

Marni- when Ash gets bad with teething I resort to the nurofen plus some bonjella and that usually works for us.

Nelle- So did you end up getting the piano? I wish I was musical, I really enjoy singing but so bad at it. You look too good in those photos after going thru the labour and losing all that blood!

Caddie- Whats a star card booklet? Do you put pics for each month so you can see the development?

Well we have found nice shelves for Ashleighs room, they're white with pink backing so when we get them we're gonna paint feature wall matching the pink on the shelves so finally I am sort of getting moving on doing up Ash's room. Plus there was gorgeous bed there too that will match when she needs bed.

Yes you can do that shell or just use it as a bday book and have the special 1st birthday pics. Any theme. I was thinking of doing bastism guest books too where people can sign who came.
    What you think?

Hi all,
    Can't stay on for long. I haven't had time to read anyone's replies. Just wanted to tell you all that we arrived safely in |London. J was a gem on the plane. I couldn't have enven asked for any better.

Have settled in nicely here. He had 1 nioght of Jetlag and otherwise has been tgreat. Head to Spain next weekend for a few days before going to Ireland and Scotland.

Take care all

Oh god Meg, you are making me so jealous!

Hi Meg - Hope you are having a great trip!

Ambz - Oh, arent the blood tests awful! Tiana had them after her 8 week needles cause of a reaction and I cried so much! I hope the good days become more frequent for you.

Nelle - Hope Riv had a better day yesterday!

Thanks for everyones replies. My problem is she cant have nurofen as she only has one kidney, so panadol is it. And when her teeth are really playing up they bleed and panadol just doesnt seem to do much for her. I am off to see the paed today (for her kidney) and I am going to get him to check her ears and throat as well in case this cold has turned into an infection. Thanks for all your replies though.

Have a great day!

Good luck today marni,sounds awful for poor little tiana!
    Hi meg,glad your trip is going well! Spain sounds lovely.
    Ruby has her 18m needles tomoorow.A little late.lol
    Off to gym so going to get organised.
    Hi ambz! Nice to hear from you.Hope your tiarna is better today.

Had a very interesting night last night. Was getting contractions every couple of minutes for a few hours, then it all stopped!
    Had a check up with my dr this morning, bub is now 3/5 engaged, and with everything I'm feeling, he reckons it's only a matter of time now! Lets hope so, I really don't want to have much more of this pre-labour rubbish!!
    Nina is really unsettled ATM. I think she's coming down with a cold or something. Her voice is really crakly, and she's not sleeping at all at night. Kept us up all night with screaming the house down. But because she doesn't actually have a cold or cough, not much I can really do at this stage.

Will keep you all updated on everything.

Caddie- Annika hasnt had her needles yet either. She will be getting them done in about 3 weeks, along with Teleah and Mj getting theres done. I figure I will deal with the all at once and get it over and done with.

Jodi- oh man not long now. hopefully sooner rather then later

meg- you lucky duck

bbs some one is crying

How far are you from a hospital Jodi? Just keep in mind that all that pre-labour can make for a pretty short actual labour!

Oh Meg, Spain sounds awesome, I've heard it's sunny pretty much all the time there!

How did the Paed trip go Marni?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast